PDA

View Full Version : WiFi Max

empierspike7
07-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Ok so I really want to do online battles and trading but I dont have wireless internet so I was looking in to a WiFi Max only im in a delema I have a mac so I was wondering does it work on macs Please no unsure answers only answer if you deffenently sure

Thanks in Advance CJ

Royal Pichu
07-05-2007, 02:56 AM
I dont think it will work.

empierspike7
07-05-2007, 02:59 AM
I dont think it will work.
Please I onlyed asked for answers that are for sure

Royal Pichu
07-05-2007, 03:01 AM
Please I onlyed asked for answers that are for sure
sorry.

andthenwekisss
07-05-2007, 03:04 AM
sorry.

Do macs have usb ports? If they do they have usb plugs that give you wifi! :) About 30 bucks from nintendo. :) Hope I helped

CrazyVulpix
07-05-2007, 03:04 AM
Are you talking about the one for PSP?
http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=711
Um as long as you have wireless internet (and a PSP)I dunno why it wouldn't work but I don't really know much about it. Sorry that's as much as I can offer information wise. :oops:

Edit: Wait do macs have USB ports?

empierspike7
07-05-2007, 03:06 AM
Do macs have usb ports? If they do they have usb plugs that give you wifi! :) About 30 bucks from nintendo. :) Hope I helped

Yes they do but I couldent get my AR to update on my Mac cause the disk program is not mac compatible
so what I want to know is anyone who has one that they use on there mac or if you going to need to install anything to get it to work because if you dont I may not have to worry about it not working

CrazyVulpix
07-05-2007, 03:11 AM
Yes they do but I couldent get my AR to update on my Mac cause the disk program is not mac compatible

That's the problem with macs...nothing is ever compatible with them...:ermm:
You should go to a Game Stop or something and ask them if you can't get a definate answer here. That's your best best. You don't want to order one and then have it not work...that always makes me angry...

empierspike7
07-05-2007, 03:15 AM
That's the problem with macs...nothing is ever compatible with them...:ermm:
You should go to a Game Stop or something and ask them if you can't get a definate answer here. That's your best best. You don't want to order one and then have it not work...that always makes me angry...
Any one else (word)

stevey666
07-05-2007, 05:34 AM
Noppe, Wifi USB Connector doesn't work on MAC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Wi-Fi_USB_Connector

Go to the Criticisms section and read it.

BUT if you use Mac OS with WIRELESS internet, you can do it.

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20051119155606277

ClikC
07-05-2007, 01:39 PM
What sort of Mac are you using?

I'm runing a PowerBook with built in Airport card, I did some tweaking so that now my DS can share my internet connection via WiFi. Its a bit tricky to set up, but it works I've been using is for well over a year now, and I've had no issue with it.

Basicly as long as your Mac it has Airport, I can get it working with your DS.