PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon roleplay: Pokemon magic

Dragon Tamer Drayna
07-05-2007, 03:12 AM
Ok people I'm new here so I want to start off fresh. Here are the rules and I will exlain my charrie in a bit.
1. No powerplaying or godmoding.
2. If you're a trainer you can have up to 6 pokemon.
3. n0 $p33k!ng lyk th!$
4. Have fun.
5. You are required to post a list and paragraph intro.
6. I will be extra pleased if you have a trainer card to show me.
7. Pokemorphs and wild pokemon are allowed.

The setting is an island I made up called The Valley of Dragons. It is an isolated island off the coast of Lilycove. It has a lush forest of palm trees in the middle with an inactive volcano.

Here is our plot. As we outroleplay it we can think of new ones. All our trainers have just won there first gym battle/ contest. And they all win tickets to go on a huge cruise! But the cruise isn't what they expected... They all get told half way through the cruise that they are heading to Rocket island, which is south of the Bermuda triangle. What will the trainers do to escape? On the cruise the trainers are being picked off 1 BY 1!

Now my character isn't exactly human. You see when I started she was a night elf, after my character in world of warcraft. I've kept her that way and I'd like her to stay that way. Alright now, let the roleplay begin!

Dragon Tamer Drayna
07-05-2007, 03:14 AM
Name: Drayna
Race: Night elf
Pokemon team: Charizard, teal and silver dragonite, lugia, flygon, salamence, rayquaza
Preffered pokemon type: THE RAW POWER OF DRAGONS!
Stratedgy: Harness strong abilities
Motto: " Pokemon are our friends, not our slaves "
Special features: Wanted by team rocket

LordZangoose
07-05-2007, 03:15 AM
There are a few rules to follow here. First off, you need a plot, as does any RP. I see no plot. All I see is a setting. You need a sign-up form. You're lacking that. And it would really help if you just tried to improve it overall. Hope I helped.

Dragon Tamer Drayna
07-05-2007, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the help. I will brew a plot up soon and what is a sign up form?

Frozen Torchic
07-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Like what you did with your into. The list intro sort of thing.

Mitsuzo-kun
07-05-2007, 07:01 AM
While I like the idea, I'm not going to join. I don't think this will go very far, unless you fix what LZ said.

Try and join some other RPs first, then try and make your own. By doing this, you'll have a much better understanding of how these things work. If you don't want to join one, the just read one, and see how it goes!

If this is fixed, then I might join.

Djax94

Dragon Tamer Drayna
07-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Look, i know how to roleplay, I've been roleplaying since I was seven, I'm just new HERE. Click on the button on my siggy. It takes you to my roleplaying forum. i'm the administrator there. See how we've roleplayed.

Mitsuzo-kun
07-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Excuse me?

What button?

Djax94

LordZangoose
07-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Like what you did with your into. The list intro sort of thing.

No it's not. That's nothing like a sign-up form. Please learn to RP before telling others.

A sign-up form is something you would use to give information about your character. RPers have to fill out this form to sign-up. There's a sticky on it in one of the RPing sections.

Lord Fedora
07-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Look, i know how to roleplay, I've been roleplaying since I was seven, I'm just new HERE. Click on the button on my siggy. It takes you to my roleplaying forum. i'm the administrator there. See how we've roleplayed.
Yeah, well guess what. Rules differ from frum to forum, and when you join a new forum, you must read and abide by all of the rules *points to stickies at the top of this page*. Also, because the Roleplaying standards are almost always going to be different, yes you should, ALWAYS join and play in at least three Roleplays on that forum before making your own, especially on here since it's technically a rule, even if it's not in the Stickies.

LordZangoose
07-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah, well guess what. Rules differ from frum to forum, and when you join a new forum, you must read and abide by all of the rules *points to stickies at the top of this page*. Also, because the Roleplaying standards are almost always going to be different, yes you should, ALWAYS join and play in at least three Roleplays on that forum before making your own, especially on here since it's technically a rule, even if it's not in the Stickies.

The end isn't necessarily true Nate. Myself and plenty of people I've known have made RPs before ever roleplaying in someone else's. Remember SfEFT? I think that stands out enough for me to stop there.

Lord Fedora
07-05-2007, 05:20 PM
The end isn't necessarily true Nate. Myself and plenty of people I've known have made RPs before ever roleplaying in someone else's. Remember SfEFT? I think that stands out enough for me to stop there.
First of all, WTF is SfEFT? Second, those people, including you, made good RPs, ones outstanding enough that you outmanuevered that rule. They all actually showed that you had RPed before in forums with similar standards to this. Third of all, even if you hadn't, if I recall almost all of those RPs and RPers came here before rust put that unofficial rule in place.

Dragon Tamer Drayna
07-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Maybe I made a mistake coming to rolelay here. Don't worry, I roleplay in plenty of other places.

Draconic_Espeon
07-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Roleplaying in general and creating a roleplay are two different things. You can be the best roleplayer out there, but, unless you but a lot of effort and substance into the roleplay you create, it won't last very long and have a premature death.

I can understand that you may not be used to how things work here. I wasn't either, when I first joined. That's why you have to take things slow and get comfortable with the way of roleplaying in any specific forum before starting your own. Just give the forum some time. And, honestly, unless you are well-known or the RP really pops out, you won't get many members. All the more reason to RP in other people's roleplays. To be honest, in all the other places that I've roleplayed, sign-ups were not only frowned upon but considered noobish. I've discovered here that sign-ups can be a good show of one's RPing ability, if it is done well.

So, leave if you want, but if you want to try something different, stay a while and try out PE2K.

Lord Fedora
07-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Maybe I made a mistake coming to rolelay here. Don't worry, I roleplay in plenty of other places.
No, you're perfectly welcome here, it's just that I'm uessing all of your Rolepla boardss before have all been same standards same rules, or close to it. You just need to take a quick peek at the rules, at least look in on some of the Roleplays to get a feel for average standards, and you're all set.