PDA

View Full Version : Blue: 1/4 Princess Amaila

Innocent Bystander
07-05-2007, 04:17 AM
A Ramzam AKA Innocent Bystander Role-play
Disclaimer: I claim no right or ownership over the names used in this RP and any copyrighted names are not intentionally placed, though the plot is my work and thus my copyright. If I happen to catch you copying my RP, let’s say things won’t be pretty.
Blue
Plot
We all know that magic is fake. We may say that those magicians are magic. But we all know there is some illusion. Science proves it. But then again, science hasn’t taken into account what few humans have discovered. And of that, they remain, mum. So can we say for sure: Is there magic?

The answer is yes. Deep within the oceans, there is a race known as the Zaishans, who live, secret from the surface. Some would call them mermaids and mermen, but then again, are they? No. They are killer whales with a unique ability to transform into a human version of themselves.

They are the magic. And anywhere there is a Zaishan. There will be magic in the air--or in the water, should I say? The Zaishans breathe magic into the space around them, allowing great feats to be achieved, when things normally couldn’t. Such are the ways of magic.

Over the years, a great many humans have seen the Zaishans. Few have lived to tell of this. And either way, word of them hardly spreads, due to disbelief. The Zaishans are fairytales, much like the mer-peoples.

Times change, the Zaishans outlive and outgrow their human friends, often leading to sad individuals, who seek comfort from none. Humans have a great impact wherever they go, positive or negative. Thus, the few humans who have seen the Zaishans visit, regularly passing the stories down from generation to generation. Humans have become an everyday part of the Zaishan’s life. Children of both races often meet at early ages and play with each other. Other older youths seek the excitement of adventure. Still, others wish to find a way for both races to truly live peacefully.

As human nature has it. The Zaishans would be subject to many experiments “in the name of science.” That is why they cannot live together and thus the Zaishans are secret to a great majority of the world, living within the seas, undetected for as long as the human race has been in existence. Though as the humans look more toward space for other forms of intelligent life, the Zaishans grow safer and safer within their water-bound lives.

One specific ocean is home to a very interesting cluster of Zaishan countries. The humans that come and go are fascinated by its diversity and have come to know this ocean continent as…
Blue.

Setting
Off the southeast shore of Cape Cod, Massachusetts, so Blue is basically the Atlantic Ocean, only warmer. I have plans on describing Blue when we get there, so don’t worry. As for Blue, it’s basically like another surface world, only everything’s underwater and the ground isn’t the sea floor, it’s…well…just take our world, shove it underwater and give it a few underwater aspects.

Rules
1. Follow all PE2K rules.
2. I can trust and just hope to believe no one will Godmod, flame, or any other n00bish things.
3. I want to see a bare minimum of three paragraphs in each post, two solid paragraphs, or one substantially large paragraph.
4. Overall, there aren’t many rules, since usually people don’t break ‘em or just know them by heart already. But just in case, put “I am DEATH ON A STICK!!!” in the end of your signup.
5. Let’s have some fun.

Signup
Name:
Zaishan or Human:
Appearance: (Those who have Zaishan characters should give the general size of their whale form, along with any out of the ordinary markings and the unique patterns on their bodies. Then comes the human form which is actually harder than the whale form.)
Personality: (Two substantial paragraphs--not accepting anything crummy (under four lines--now this should be easy, since you have different personalities--one on the surface and one while in Blue,) this time.) (Zaishans are in Blue all the time, so that‘s just one personality to do.)
History: (Optional)
Weapon: (Zaishans need not apply, because they’re natural weapons.) (I doubt you would be holding anything particularly lethal in the surface world…)
Other:
Sample: (Basically anything that has to do with the RP.)

Now I’m going to hope that you can all RP well or put extra effort into the posts, because I can never find someone at my level to RP with (They‘re either a higher level than I am, or just really n00bish.) >.< Which is getting fairly old. (I could write professional novel if I could stick to one idea long enough…) Anyway…I'll be using your signup to judge whether or not you get in, so there--I said it.

My signup
Name: Miles Himenello
Zaishan or Human?: Human
Appearance: Miles is an average blond, weighing in at 122 pounds and standing at about 5.5 feet. He grew up with an attitude that gave him a posture of locking his left knee and letting his right hang loose, leaving his weight further to his left side. His shaggy blond hair is usually hanging around his face, but he gels it into spikes whenever he has a feeling he’ll be going to Blue. A pair of blue eyes, with a tint of emerald nervously scan the surroundings, when in Blue, but are otherwise relaxed.

He always wears baggy blue jeans that have been faded by constant use and belted on him, showing the obvious size difference. He wears a second belt over his long, grey T-shirt around the hips, to keep his shirt from catching too much water in Blue. He constantly wears an overly large dark denim jacket that’s been buttoned near the top. A pair of clean black and white basketball shoes finish his appearance with a strangely cool flair, when performing underwater acrobatics. The shoes have been modified by his best friend in Blue, to act as flippers, even though they aren’t.
Personality: {Blue} Miles is the nervous, squirrelly sort of human who doesn’t take too well to being around too many large creatures at once. He’s had little social contact anyway, so he often stays quiet, not knowing what to say. He’ll always be the one checking his surroundings on a constant, leading many Zaishans to see him as a coward. His untrained fighting skills often leave him vulnerable, but his strength underwater tends to allow him to be able to fend off most threats. He often sticks up for others, but usually does so without any rational thought and winds up in trouble on occasion.

{Surface} Confident anywhere except at high altitudes and around deep water. He can think much more clearly on the surface, than in Blue, as his thoughts aren’t always about wondering what might be lurking in the shadows. He tends to be the louder of the bunch, taking minor risks at times. Overall, he’s a nice person, who’ll defend others.
Weapon: A broken wooden sword that was once three feet long, but has lost a good five inches. Now the last four to six inches of one side are a dull wedge. He’s also sanded the wood to the point of shining slightly (as Miles was never fond of splinters and such.)
Other: His Zaishan friend is teaching him how to swim and fight underwater.

Lord Fedora
07-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Looks cool. If this doesn't seem quite up to par it's because it's late and I've been partying all night (happy Fourth everyone.), but still, excellent job.

Name: Cole Reiken
Zaishan or Human: Human
Appearance: Cole is a fairly tall young man, standing at about 6 feet, and weighing in at only about 120 lb. He generally tends to stand with a slouching posture, cutting several inches off of his height, but allowing for comfortable movement and standing. His short brown hair is naturally messy, but the kind of messy that looks good, sort of all over the place, but neatly. A pair of dark brown eyes peer out from behind his glasses when reading, otherwise uncovered. In terms of clothing, he perfers a black trenchcoat over a black shirt and black jeans, tending to stick to a black motif. When on the surface, he likes to where a pair of dark sunglasses on occasion, but he takes them off in Blue.
Personality:
History: (Optional)
Weapon: A wooden staff. It's actually just an oar with the wide end sawn off.
Other:
Sample: (Basically anything that has to do with the RP.)

Ugh. I can't do it. Too... tired. Just answer me one question though. Have we humans been to Blue before, or is this the first time? It's vital to my History and Personality. Well, not Personality, but History, yes. Also, do Zaishans in human form look like regular humans or is there something different about them? I also need a full idea of certain aspects of Zaishan courting customs.

Mewchirio
07-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Name: Ryfar Redwood

Zaishan or Human: Zaishan

Appearance: Whale form: Orca whale, rather small compered to other whales, white and black, fliipers relatively normal but his fin in sharper and it's bigger than any other Orca. He can jump quite high and swins relatively fast. He has a scar down his left flank, quite big.
Human form: Ryfar has black hair and a pale face. hes about 5ft 9in and is usually staring into space. he doesn't often slouch and others beleive him to have been in the army. He always wears a black jacket, white top, black jeans, white trainers and black shades. Others call him a goth, but he is that way beacuse all Orca's are white and black. He has gray eyes which seem to know all when you stare into them

Personality: Ryfar is a calm, peaceful and rather tranquil person who enjos meditating. he is always serious and rarely smiles and the one thing he beleives is that violence will never solve anthing s it always causes trouble and famine and death with humans so why should they do it? he is a bit of a peacemaker and a referee is is usually neutral so that others can rely on him for the truth. he has a few friends and lots of younger Zaishan who stare at him in awe.

History: Ryfar grew up, like other Zaishan, with a human friend. She was called Kairi and Ryfar loved meeting her, they'd chat for hours about what was happining in the human world and in the blue. But one day, kairi left a message saying she was moving way from the Blue and she doubted wether they'd ever see each other again. He really misses her and hopes that one day, she'll come back...

Other: Ryfar loves potatoes! xD

Mewchirio

Innocent Bystander
07-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Eeveeking929: Which is why I am glad I'm anti-social.
Zaishans in human form look like average humans, nothing different. And by "courting customs," you mean...?

Mewchirio: From the WikipediaThe Orca or Killer Whale (Orcinus orca) is the largest species of the oceanic dolphin family (Delphinidae). -_- Yeah, they're big dolphins, not whales...anyway...
I doubt an orca would grow to be the biggest killer whale in existence, by the age of fourteen...especially since the largest ever recorded was somewhere around Japan and was 32 feet long. A realistic size, please. Kairi? Never mind. Yes, I know I'm a mean person.

Lord Fedora
07-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Eeveeking929: Which is why I am glad I'm anti-social.
Zaishans in human form look like average humans, nothing different. And by "courting customs," you mean...?

Mewchirio: From the Wikipedia -_- Yeah, they're big dolphins, not whales...anyway...
I doubt an orca would grow to be the biggest killer whale in existence, by the age of fourteen...especially since the largest ever recorded was somewhere around Japan and was 32 feet long. A realistic size, please. Kairi? Never mind. Yes, I know I'm a mean person.
Courting is basically the old school term for dating, except when one refers to it as courting it becomes a matter of marriage being the ultimate end goal, unless somehing really serious happens itwill end in marriage most likely. By it I simply meant what's the deal on human-Zaishan dating? Because if it's allowed, well, then that's just too boring.

Innocent Bystander
07-07-2007, 01:49 AM
I don't see how a human would manage to handle a marital relationship with a big sea mammal. This isn't supposed to be a romance anyway.
Oh, right. This doesn't have to be any human's first time in Blue.

Mewchirio
07-08-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't get how i can change it...

Mewchirio

Lord Fedora
07-08-2007, 06:59 PM
I don't see how a human would manage to handle a marital relationship with a big sea mammal. This isn't supposed to be a romance anyway.
Oh, right. This doesn't have to be any human's first time in Blue.
Okay then, just checking. In that case, pulling out.