PDA

View Full Version : Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai

Kenny_C.002
07-05-2007, 04:49 AM
The original series is LICENSED under the name "When They Cry - Higurashi". Please support the people if you like this series by buying the DVDs. ^^

This is the second and FINAL season of Higurashi, and we return to Hinamizawa once more.

Kai is confirmed to have 3 arcs:
Disaster Awakening Chapter (All new)
Mass Slaughter Chapter (Answer arc to Arc 3 and 4)
Festival Accompanying Chapter (Ending Arc)

The animation seems to look sharper than previously, so your killer loli squad will still be looking gorgeous. ^^

What I find most interesting is the first of the new chapters. Since it's all new, it means that it's supposed to be a stand alone answer arc. I presume that this single stand alone arc is supposed to answer things that you wouldn't have known if you didn't read the TIPS that were provided with the games, which easily debunks an early assumption (the formidable "zombie theory") that would otherwise be valid if not given that small extra bit of info from the TIPS in arc 2.

Welcome back...
"That day will come again, when I will be murdered"

skiboydoggy
07-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Keh... Keh... Keh...
-shudders-

More Higurashi simply means more cringing, more laughing, and more pant wetting. Which is all good. All good I say.

-does a dance-

I love the trailer.

Kenny_C.002
07-05-2007, 04:06 PM
From the trailers, it looks like we'll finally see what happened with Rena back when she left Hinamizawa, as well as her relationship with her mother, for that matter.

Strange thing is that we keep seeing this broken down building that's clearly a school, which leads me to suspect that the new arc may actually be the "Demon Awakening Chapter", which is the arc that is in present day Hinamizawa, rather than being in the 1980's. This would easily be confirmed if we don't see K1 and the rest of the killer lolis in the first episode, though.

Edit:
Scanned the first ep. I'm 99% sure I'm right. It's "present day" Hinamizawa.

skiboydoggy
07-06-2007, 08:52 AM
It might possibly be an expanded Demon Awakening Chapter, and I didn't play the games, but who on Earth suspected them of being zombies anyway? -points at obviously alive lolis with huge weapons-

Anyway, YOU HAVE THE FIRST EPISODE?! -tackles-

Oh, and Nanoha StrikerS 10 is out, which makes me happy enough to not murder you for it.

Kenny_C.002
07-06-2007, 01:49 PM
The zombie theory only develops in the anime actually.

At the end of arc 2, after both Shion and Mion died, K1 sees...Mion and the hammer + nail? :O

Middle of Arc 3: Takano....alive? For that matter, Satoko's Uncle...alive?

Those usually leads to the zombie theory.

The first ep seems to debunk the alien theory, the gas theory, etc.
It's set in present day Hinamizawa, where from what I can see Rena is the only survivor (unless you count Mr. Detective over there a survivor). This chapter seems to stem from the Atonement Chapter (arc 6) and the 4th arc.

They've even recycled game music in this episode! XD

skiboydoggy
07-06-2007, 06:38 PM
EPISODE ONEEEEEEEE GET!

Rena loses like, 99.9999999% of her charm, which makes me sad. I mean, if that was the case, just let Keiichi be the survivor like in the Question arcs already. Okay, fine, I understand the rationale, but I want my lolikiller back.

Kenny_C.002
07-06-2007, 06:58 PM
K1 never survived a single question arc.

arc 1: clawed to death
arc 2: cardiac arrest (post arc death)
arc 3: suicide(?) several months after Hinamizawa locked down
arc 4: According to ep 1, is the same as arc 6, which meant he's dead

And Rena's supposed to lose her charm. I mean, she was crazy, then saw the light, then everyone else dies around her. Of course she's desensitized. But it reveals that Rika's death ALWAYS happens (i.e. set in stone like Takano and the other dude's death). Irie ALWAYS commits suicide, as well.

skiboydoggy
07-07-2007, 05:43 AM
I suspected Rika would constantly die when she did her prophetic thing, and figured it out when she revealed that she knew about how Hinamizawa constantly resets. Which brings up the question of how Rena grew up to become a desensitized... Thingie, since the world did reset.

Unless they were just recreated in another universe. Which makes it all Marvelly.

Kenny_C.002
07-07-2007, 03:40 PM
It seems like it's rather more along the lines of Rika moving to a different dimension each time, rather than Hinamizawa resetting each time.