PDA

View Full Version : One last question about IVs...

Deoxys Ribonuke
07-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Say if your Pokemon has two maxed IVs (31) in DEF and SpDEF... What determines which will show in the Summary? Does it have something to do with the base stats?

dud3
07-05-2007, 04:59 PM
It depends on the nature and EV spread. You although you have maxed IV's in both defense and special defense you can only make one of them go to there maximum capacity so i f you want a maximum defense get a beneficial nature and put 252EV's into it and the defense would me maxed.

Mysticjason
07-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Then I think it's like random. I'll use my Tyranitar as an example again. :P It has 31 IVs in attack and special attack. But it says it likes to thrash about.

Deoxys Ribonuke
07-05-2007, 08:54 PM
It depends on the nature and EV spread. You although you have maxed IV's in both defense and special defense you can only make one of them go to there maximum capacity so i f you want a maximum defense get a beneficial nature and put 252EV's into it and the defense would me maxed.

Ah, thanks, but say my Pokemon in the example is Bold; would it say something for Defense or SpDefense?

Cybergear88
07-05-2007, 09:08 PM
i think finallegacy wrote a guide to that somewhere.

Deoxys Ribonuke
07-05-2007, 09:17 PM
i think finallegacy wrote a guide to that somewhere.

*searches and reads*

I found it and read it, but it didn't answer my question; basically stuff I already knew.