PDA

View Full Version : Wild vs. Trained

haffeysucks
07-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Okay, first, read my whole post before you go "Trained is obviously better, n00b!!!11!"

A friend and I have a debate. We were talking about my Garchomp, and he asked me why I didn't breed for the Adamant nature instead of just taking the lvl. 15 Gible I caught first.

I asked him why, because the way I see it, the only advantage a trained Gible has over a wild Gible of the same nature is EV points. And I EVed my Gible anyway.

So my question is: Does a Pokemon that is caught at level 15, then trained (with EVs) to a specific level differ from one that is selectively bred (with the same nature), then trained (with EVs as well) to the same level as the wild one was?

(Leave DVs and Egg Moves out of the discussion, they're not what I'm asking about)

Thanks.

kirkeastment
07-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Okay, first, read my whole post before you go "Trained is obviously better, n00b!!!11!"

A friend and I have a debate. We were talking about my Garchomp, and he asked me why I didn't breed for the Adamant nature instead of just taking the lvl. 15 Gible I caught first.

I asked him why, because the way I see it, the only advantage a trained Gible has over a wild Gible of the same nature is EV points. And I EVed my Gible anyway.

So my question is: Does a Pokemon that is caught at level 15, then trained (with EVs) to a specific level differ from one that is selectively bred (with the same nature), then trained (with EVs as well) to the same level as the wild one was?

(Leave DVs and Egg Moves out of the discussion, they're not what I'm asking about)

Thanks.
well if you take DV's and egg moves out of the equation then there is no difference

in fact you made the smarter decision because you didn't have to waste any time getting it leveled up an extra 14 levels to start with

Mysticjason
07-05-2007, 08:50 PM

Thanks.
Well, you can obviously breed for IVs and egg moves. But really, the ones you catch in wild are just the same as ones that are just hatched. They are not weaker.

haffeysucks
07-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Lol...thank you both. He's going to be quite mad I'm right and he's wrong.