PDA

View Full Version : EV Help

Royal Celebi
07-05-2007, 07:59 PM
How do I know how many EV's are given to each stat when a pokemon levels up? I'm EV training a Manaphy and I need to know how many EVs are given so I dont mess up =/

Mysticjason
07-05-2007, 08:03 PM
How do I know how many EV's are given to each stat when a pokemon levels up? I'm EV training a Manaphy and I need to know how many EVs are given so I dont mess up =/
You have to manually keep track of the EVs that are given to you Pokemons.

Cybergear88
07-05-2007, 08:06 PM
go to serebii.net for a complete EV traing list or post this question in the guides section.

troacctid
07-05-2007, 11:10 PM
You can't EV train if you don't know what EVs you're getting. :tongue:

Here, check my guide. http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48352
You seem like you could use a better explanation of EVs.

pernumba
07-05-2007, 11:25 PM
yeah i mark it down on index cards with tallys, and when i get to 250 i win!

i use macho brace and get 4 evs for each guy so i do the math when i do it

troacctid
07-05-2007, 11:40 PM
yeah i mark it down on index cards with tallys, and when i get to 250 i win!

i use macho brace and get 4 evs for each guy so i do the math when i do it
252 is actually when you win, not 250.

Also, Power items > Macho Brace.

Cybergear88
07-05-2007, 11:54 PM
so thats what a macho brace does! thanks 4 the info.

andthenwekisss
07-06-2007, 12:57 AM
so thats what a macho brace does! thanks 4 the info.
If you don't EV train form level 1 is it still good? Like if you went to level 50 or 30 without ev training and then ev train is it good?

troacctid
07-06-2007, 01:12 AM
If you don't EV train form level 1 is it still good? Like if you went to level 50 or 30 without ev training and then ev train is it good?
As long as you reach that level exclusively through Rare Candies or the Daycare, yes. Otherwise it'll probably have maxed-out EVs already. So that Infernape you started out with...no dice. Better hatch a new one if you want to EV train it.

If you started at level 50 and the Pokémon still hadn't participated in a battle (say it was a Fearow that you caught on Route 227) then it would work just fine. Or if it had been in the daycare and reached level 50 that way. But if it's been in a battle, it's already gotten EVs, and you've lost the ability to train for them without first using berries to decrease them. Sorry.

andthenwekisss
07-06-2007, 01:24 AM
As long as you reach that level exclusively through Rare Candies or the Daycare, yes. Otherwise it'll probably have maxed-out EVs already. So that Infernape you started out with...no dice. Better hatch a new one if you want to EV train it.

If you started at level 50 and the Pokémon still hadn't participated in a battle (say it was a Fearow that you caught on Route 227) then it would work just fine. Or if it had been in the daycare and reached level 50 that way. But if it's been in a battle, it's already gotten EVs, and you've lost the ability to train for them without first using berries to decrease them. Sorry.

Well I took roserade and the lady wouln'dt give her a ribbon but after ev training it she did. Same with Milotic.

they are barely level 50/60

my level 100 zapdos couldn't get a ribbon from her.

mistdragon
07-06-2007, 03:57 AM
Well I took roserade and the lady wouln'dt give her a ribbon but after ev training it she did. Same with Milotic.

In a way, EVs are obtained if you get EXP.
Its like, when you get EXP, there's a -hidden message- stating that you obtained EVs too.

And the reason why Zapdos didn't get any is maybe because;
It stayed in the Day Care till lvl 100 o_O
You gave it rare candies till it hit 100 O_o
It was hacked. ._.

So yeah.

The Jr Trainer
07-06-2007, 04:02 AM
And the reason why Zapdos didn't get any is maybe because;
It stayed in the Day Care till lvl 100 o_O
You gave it rare candies till it hit 100 O_o
It was hacked. ._.

Uhhh maybe it didn't get all the EV's is how you get the Ribbon from her:rolleyes:

troacctid
07-06-2007, 04:44 AM

That's because the level doesn't matter. What matters is the Pokémon you fight. If you got up to level 50 by normal means, aka battling, then you will have EVs already. You might not be maxed out, but the fact that you have some means that it's almost certain that lots of them are in stats you don't need, being wasted.