PDA

View Full Version : FR vs D/P

airjordanxvii
07-06-2007, 01:00 AM
which one is better??? i have a sp would i be able to get D/P on it?
if so which one should i get FR or D/P?:dazed::oops:

andthenwekisss
07-06-2007, 01:03 AM
which one is better??? i have a sp would i be able to get D/P on it?
if so which one should i get FR or D/P?:dazed::oops:

Diamond and Pearl are for DS ONLY and are in no way shape or form playable on sp. You'll have to buy a ds and d/p is 2625462345632562456% better than fr and lg. :)

troacctid
07-06-2007, 01:18 AM
Diamond and Pearl are for DS ONLY and are in no way shape or form playable on sp. You'll have to buy a ds and d/p is 2625462345632562456% better than fr and lg. :)
I'd go with closer to 500%, actually. Remember, they both follow the exact same formula. Diamond and Pearl are better, but at their core, they're still the same game as the original Red & Blue versions.

Royal Pichu
07-06-2007, 01:22 AM
I like Diamond and Pearl

andthenwekisss
07-06-2007, 01:22 AM
I'd go with closer to 500%, actually. Remember, they both follow the exact same formula. Diamond and Pearl are better, but at their core, they're still the same game as the original Red & Blue versions.

Well they are better graphics, better side missions, GTS...etc.

Blue_Dragon_Mew
07-06-2007, 01:45 AM
Well they are better graphics, better side missions, GTS...etc.

Which is a load of Torous. If your lucky you can get a good pokemon for a more common/low level pokemon, like the Lv. 100 Sceptile I got for a Lv. 1 Turtwig today:cool:, otherwise legends, high leveled, rarer, or a combination, for a BIDOOF!!!

airjordanxvii
07-06-2007, 01:57 AM
are the battles any different? is it harder to catch pokemon? what do i use the bottom screen for on the DS??

thanks for the replies.

not a nazi
07-06-2007, 01:58 AM
are the battles any different? is it harder to catch pokemon? what do i use the bottom screen for on the DS??

thanks for the replies.
just get D/P. Everything is better. But get it for Wi-Fi!

patchfur
07-06-2007, 01:59 AM
No, they battles are just the same. The bottom screen is for the poketch feature (a watch with loads of differant functions, some meaningless, some really good), and its the same to catch Poke'mon, too.

frondew
07-06-2007, 02:13 AM
i think its kinda obvious...diamond or pearl:rolleyes:

Blue_Dragon_Mew
07-06-2007, 02:37 AM
A good ball in D/P is Dusk. When used in a cave or at night, it has a 4 chance of catching the pokemon. Great for Dialga/Palkia. Waste less balls.

ClikC
07-06-2007, 02:41 AM
I adored Fire Red I prefered it a lot more to R/S and to a lesser extent Emerald.

Personally, I'd say if you've got an SP you might as well pick up FR first and play that, that way you'll get a load of awesome pokemon for when you have D/P, and you won't be going back on yourself. It had the magic of the original games, but in a much better presented package.

But overall D/P win's hands down IMO, mainly due to the WiFi functions, the game has really started becoming what it always could have been. Plus I feel the moves being switched between Special and Physical, rather than Type based has made the games nothing short of fantastic.

charizard_awesome
07-06-2007, 02:46 AM
fire red is ok but diamond is a lot better

mistdragon
07-06-2007, 03:54 AM
Agreed, if you can, obtain NDS+Diamond or Pearl. This is really a great game.

If you only have GBA:SP and do not plan to buy NDS, then obviously you have to get FR. D/P only works on NDS/Lite.

So yeah, GET IT!(D/P+NDS)

The Jr Trainer
07-06-2007, 03:59 AM
Well the obvoise anwser is FR/LG sence you said you don't have a DS and D/P only goes with D/P, so you have to get FR/LG, I would say get FR.

Flan
07-06-2007, 04:57 AM
Well, since you don't have a DS, it's obviously FR.
But if I were you, I'd get Emerald.
Emerald owns FireRed and LeafGreen, aside from the fact that you can't get the Kanto starters, but hey. You can get the Johto ones after you complete the Hoenn Dex (much better than Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur). ;D

Kairyu
07-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Well, if you can get a DS, get D/P.

The graphics, for one, are great.

The game mixes 3D and 2D graphics, so it's not too unfamiliar than the older games, but little things like textures like bricks and trees really stand out.

The soundtrack has also been updated quite a bit and you'll get the lengthy, engaging single-player story that's been in the old games in D/P. ^^

What's probably the most significant new feature in Diamond and Pearl is online play, which lets you battle, trade, and chat with other players over the Internet; which is HUGE.

Long story short, if you're going for new, great game, go for D/P. :D

If you can't get a DS, FR or LG won't be disappointing, either.