PDA

View Full Version : Why do people get upset if they get a hacked pokemon?

andthenwekisss
07-06-2007, 01:14 AM
Whats so wrong with it?

Tokoro
07-06-2007, 01:17 AM
eh I thought one screwed up my game once but it turned out the screen flickered blue because I dropped it. I wouldn't want a hacked pokemon to use because I wouldn't feel like I earned it.

andthenwekisss
07-06-2007, 01:19 AM
eh I thought one screwed up my game once but it turned out the screen flickered blue because I dropped it. I wouldn't want a hacked pokemon to use because I wouldn't feel like I earned it.

Well I know but whats wrong with getting a gake shiny? Or people get mad that I use AR to get the azure flute and oaks letter and the other one.

Emeralddye58
07-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Not only that but some hacked pokemon you cant trade online or battle on PBR.
plus it's wrong to give someone a hacked pokemon saying that it's legit. :susp:

Tokoro
07-06-2007, 01:22 AM
yeah I agree with that. honestly I don't care if other people use hacked pokemon but just reading around here it just seems awful that people do that (chimchar) >.>

Kardas the Great
07-06-2007, 01:22 AM
1. It's cheeting, you didn't do the work to get it.

2. it can mess up your game, I once lost ALL of my pokemon because I wanted a beldum in my game...I still got the beldum...and lost all of my shinies...for a normal 0 ived beldum...DON"T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!!!

FFXZeldagames
07-06-2007, 01:23 AM
Not only that but some hacked pokemon you cant trade online or battle on PBR.
plus it's wrong to give someone a hacked pokemon saying that it's legit. :susp:
also, pokemon are meant to be legitimately obtained, people go to all of the trouble to obtain them, and want their work to pay off... hackers can offer rare pokemon at a much lower "price" everyone's just looking out for each other.... also, it upsets the balance if everyone gets the pokemon they want, it's less fun to collect and trade and battle.

Blue_Dragon_Mew
07-06-2007, 01:35 AM
Not every one hates getting them. I mean, look at my thread! About half the offers there are for hacks. If I get, and discover, I got a hacked pokemon, I let it rot in my PC. My team consists of, possibly, no hacks. And I feel good about it. I acturally feel like I deserve it.

Mittens
07-06-2007, 01:38 AM
hey blue dragon mew are you ready to trade i couldnt find you and i cant pm you

ps sorry to plug up the thread

not a nazi
07-06-2007, 01:38 AM
Not every one hates getting them. I mean, look at my thread! About half the offers there are for hacks. If I get, and discover, I got a hacked pokemon, I let it rot in my PC. My team consists of, possibly, no hacks. And I feel good about it. I acturally feel like I deserve it.
i agree with you.

i have an AR, but i don't hack shinies, IVs, etc. with it. (at least not shinies...:susp:)

I keep legit and hacked separate...

I do clone with an AR though. :P

Legacy
07-06-2007, 01:53 AM
i love hacked pokemon.
For noobs that think hacked pokemon mess up your game well it dont.

Lord Celebi
07-06-2007, 02:07 AM
i love hacked pokemon.
For noobs that think hacked pokemon mess up your game well it dont.

And you can say that with any assurance... how?

Yes, they do mess up your game. Certainly not right away, but statistically, at some point, hacking will ruin your game. Not only does hacking disqualify you from Nintendo Events, its just dumb. Shinies are WAAAAAAY overrated. I'd much rather work for Perfect IV'd, Natured, Moveseted, and EV Trained Pokemon than to hack Pokemon. Albeit, they're weaker than Wonderguard Spiritombs, when hacks are discluded, they are strong, and you feel like you've earned it.

Furthermore, a lot of you don't have any paitence. Hacking the three secret Pokemon is dumb. I am sure we'll have Darkrai or information on Darkrai's event by the end of the year. Saying "I'm tired of waiting" is stupid, because the game has only been out three months. That's definitely not enough time to be tired of waiting. We waited out getting Jirachi and Deoxys, we can certainly wait out getting Darkrai and beyond.

And thus, ends my rant on hacking. Also, its in the wrong section.

*Moved*

ClikC
07-06-2007, 02:17 AM
The biggest cause of upset, is the fact nintendo scan the pokemon games at events to see if an AR or simular has been used to obtain any pokemon. From what I've heard, if evidence of this has been found then they can refuse to give away event pokemon etc etc.

That isn't fair on say someone that never hacked, but was given a hacked pokemon labeled as legit.

I don't mind what people do, it's regardless. But I work at my game, and don't want other people to mess it up for me.

Darkrai_Shadowforce
07-06-2007, 02:25 AM
And you can say that with any assurance... how?

Yes, they do mess up your game. Certainly not right away, but statistically, at some point, hacking will ruin your game. Not only does hacking disqualify you from Nintendo Events, its just dumb. Shinies are WAAAAAAY overrated. I'd much rather work for Perfect IV'd, Natured, Moveseted, and EV Trained Pokemon than to hack Pokemon. Albeit, they're weaker than Wonderguard Spiritombs, when hacks are discluded, they are strong, and you feel like you've earned it.

Furthermore, a lot of you don't have any paitence. Hacking the three secret Pokemon is dumb. I am sure we'll have Darkrai or information on Darkrai's event by the end of the year. Saying "I'm tired of waiting" is stupid, because the game has only been out three months. That's definitely not enough time to be tired of waiting. We waited out getting Jirachi and Deoxys, we can certainly wait out getting Darkrai and beyond.

And thus, ends my rant on hacking. Also, its in the wrong section.

*Moved*

you got that right.I hate hacked pokemon all the way everyone say it,spell it etc.
That's why I dont GTS anymore.
I play the game to test my abilities not ruining the game itself.
Real trainers don't hacked pokemon its very very unfair.
P.S.I catch azelf to get the right nature on pearl.And I'm still on it.It's almost 4 days now.I haven't move forward yet.This is the real challenge.This what the non-hackers do:getting everything good in a good way without the AR.
Same thing I did on diamond.

charizard_awesome
07-06-2007, 02:47 AM
it has nothin wrong with it

Flan
07-06-2007, 02:53 AM
it has nothin wrong with it

For you, it might not have anything wrong with it.
But for many, many people, hax just sucks.
It could take me a year to SR for a Shiny Kyogre when haxxors can just hack it in two seconds. It's just got that really unfair advantage to it (hence that's why they call it cheating). :/
Plus a hacked Pokemon is worth less than a legit one. A legit Magikarp would be worth a lot more than a hacked Shiny Celebi.
Now I understand hacking for legendaries if you can't go to events, but anything else is just... bleh. >.>

ClikC
07-06-2007, 03:10 AM
Now I understand hacking for legendaries if you can't go to events, but anything else is just... bleh. >.>

I theory you shouldn't even need to do that now, as Nintendo can distibute Event items via the WiFi.

Saremu
07-06-2007, 03:32 AM
I don't feel like hacking is fair to everyone else. I'm a purist in the pokemon games and I barely ever keep my shinies. I'm all out now becasue I traded them all. I haven't cheated since Red and Blue and that was just a glitch. I really hate hacking and I don't respect hacking your game to get stuff your too lazy to actually work for. If we could force people not to hack their games up, sometimes ruining their games and maybe ruining someone elses. We can't though and we are the ones forced to live with it and make a thread to complain about because there is really nothing we can do, but it feels good to get stuff off our chest.

mistdragon
07-06-2007, 03:47 AM
Hacking for Pokemon (i.e. Wild Zapdos on Route 201) is totally =.=

I am alright with hacked Pokemon as long as;
They do not have 999 in every, no, ANY stat.
They do not have incorrect abilities. Even so, Wonderguard Spiritomb gets OHKOed by Rampardos' Stone Edge.
They do not have 252EVs in more than 2 stat.
They do not have 31IVs in more than 5 stats.
~~~~~~
As long as its like this... yeah I'm cool with it.

rygel960
07-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Whats so wrong with it?
it can do many things to your game, ruin it, wrong info, not allow you in nintendo events

rebelde33
07-06-2007, 07:28 AM
It's wrong because it's selfish and irresponsible.

indigokitten
07-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Whats so wrong with it?

If a person gets upset when they get a hacked Pokémon, then they were probably lied to. Nobody likes being lied to. If you don't see what's wrong with lying, then... well... that's bad.

Mentaly_unsound
07-07-2007, 03:47 AM
There should be no problem with hacked pokemon as long as people are honest about it. Some people just like to battle with thier friends and not that much into pokemon. I dont feel like playing this game for several months to get the pokemon I want. I just want to get my team together and kick some ass. Though if a pokemon is hacked it shouldnt have ANY extra or special abilities that it wouldnt normaly have. I also get annoyed with people complaining about about legendaries. any one can get them as long as they play the game so stop complaining about it or go complain to nintendo to make some cool non-legendary dragons.

Kairyu
07-07-2007, 04:23 AM
There should be no problem with hacked pokemon as long as people are honest about it. Some people just like to battle with thier friends and not that much into pokemon. I dont feel like playing this game for several months to get the pokemon I want. I just want to get my team together and kick some ass. Though if a pokemon is hacked it shouldnt have ANY extra or special abilities that it wouldnt normaly have. I also get annoyed with people complaining about about legendaries. any one can get them as long as they play the game so stop complaining about it or go complain to nintendo to make some cool non-legendary dragons.

Hacked pokemon are lies to some people.

They weren't worked for.

Period.

However, some people, like you I guess, don't care if you get a hacked pokemon.

Some more serious players on the other hand,
that will play for several months to get the pokemon they want,
feel that having someone get the pokemon that they worked
months for in a matter of punching in a code is cheap.

Your comment concerning legendary pokemon is a completely different topic and shouldn't be discussed here.

andthenwekisss
07-07-2007, 04:36 AM
All I hack is the shiny but I go to that place and search for it legitly. I also think it's dumb to hack the stats.

Kairyu
07-07-2007, 04:39 AM
All I hack is the shiny but I go to that place and search for it legitly. I also think it's dumb to hack the stats.

There's nothing legit about hacking.

If you go to the place where the pokemon if found, then enter the code so that the wild pokemon will be shiny, that's called,

TRYING TO TRICK SOMEONE INTO THINKING THAT POKEMON IS LEGIT.

lucky5511
07-07-2007, 04:41 AM
Me personally don't care if it is hacked unless I'm working really hard on a legit team. I don't lie to people either most of my pokemon up for trade I've gotten in trades so if someone asks if they are legit I go and look and if they aren't I simply tell them the truth. Yes I would get mad to if someone gave me a hacked pokemon and I clearly stated that I wanted a legit one. As for arceus, darkrai, and shaymin they are hacked to me. I don't care if they were caught in a glitch or by using AR they are hacked. Until an event comes out for some of those pokes they are hacked.

Mentaly_unsound
07-07-2007, 04:42 AM
Hacked pokemon are lies to some people.

They weren't worked for.

Period.

However, some people, like you I guess, don't care if you get a hacked pokemon.

Some more serious players on the other hand,
that will play for several months to get the pokemon they want,
feel that having someone get the pokemon that they worked
months for in a matter of punching in a code is cheap.

Your comment concerning legendary pokemon is a completely different topic and shouldn't be discussed here.

Some people just dont have the time to spend on pointless things like that. People just enjoy using thier fav pokemon with some good moves and beating somebody. While others just like to collect. The serious trainers are the minority when it comes to pokemon games so I just dont see the big deal with hacked pokemon.

Lil Bro of Doom
07-07-2007, 12:28 PM
i don't know... i guess i wouldn't mind, i have only used AR to get mew and the other impossible legendaries that i love so much.^^ but i had a hacked torterra before that my friend had hacked and traded to my game so i was ok with it at first but after a while i had to get rid of it because it didn't feel right. so as long as i don't know the pokemon hacked i would be fine recieving it in a trade!

Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya
07-14-2007, 08:33 PM
I do cheat. I do hack. I do collect hacked, max stat shinies. I only hack for my own personal collection. I don't play with them online and I don't trade them to others.

Only my legit ones are played online or traded and I haven't been banned online for possessing them. The only thing that will get you banned is if you attempt to play online with Pokemon you hacked.

I have been cheating since R/B/Y and my games have never suffered any problems.

As long as my hacking doesn't affect YOU personally, you have no right to gripe about my cheating.

If people want to cheat, let them. If they ask for cheats, I'll give them out. Quit your damned griping!!! I know you all cheat and hack or have in the past. You then jump on your moral high-horse and start slamming others. You're all a bunch of two-faced hypocrites. I'm sick and tired of reading about your self-righteous ranting. Shut the heck up and quit your griping!!!!

celebihunter
07-14-2007, 08:47 PM
I do cheat. I do hack. I do collect hacked, max stat shinies. I only hack for my own personal collection. I don't play with them online and I don't trade them to others. Only my legit ones are played online or traded and I haven't been banned online for possessing them. I have been cheating since R/B/Y and my games have never suffered any problems. As long as my hacking doesn't affect YOU personally, you have no right to gripe. If people want to cheat, let them. If they ask for cheats, give them out. Quit your damned griping!!! I know you all cheat and hack. You then jump on your moral high-horse and start slamming others. You're all a bunch of two-faced hypocrites. I'm sick and tired of reading about your self-righteous ranting. Shut the heck up and quit your griping.

Cool your jets dude.And that is untrue.Not everyone cheats.I don't.I have never used an AR or Gameshark on any of my games.Though I do agree with you about the part where you said,"If people want to cheat,let them".Its there fault if they are banned from Wifi,or banned from events,or there game gets deleted.Its there decision.

Ok,about this topic.Hackers ruin it for others.I can't go to events,but I'm not so impatient to where I would risk losing my data or destroying my game.Eventually,maybe I will be able to go to an event,and I can say that all my pokemon are legit,and thats fact I am proud of.

Ulazlo
07-14-2007, 08:58 PM
hacking actually did screw up my gold version when a guy traded me a mew he got from gameshark and after the trade I couldn't get out of the pokecenter. It sucked for me (escpecially since my gold was my best version as I that was the first time i leveled up an entire team to level 100 and I had a bunch of pokemon from my blue version) and from then on i told myself i would not cheat on any of my games.

It doesn't bother me if someone else does it because thats their choice but just don't trade them to other people without telling them beforehand. Because that is when you are no longer affecting yourself but other people that may not want to deal with it. Use codes on your games but tell other people about your pokemon before you give it to them

The Jr Trainer
07-14-2007, 09:03 PM
hacking actually did screw up my gold version when a guy traded me a mew he got from gameshark and after the trade I couldn't get out of the pokecenter. It sucked for me (escpecially since my gold was my best version as I that was the first time i leveled up an entire team to level 100 and I had a bunch of pokemon from my blue version) and from then on i told myself i would not cheat on any of my games.

It doesn't bother me if someone else does it because thats their choice but just don't trade them to other people without telling them beforehand. Because that is when you are no longer affecting yourself but other people that may not want to deal with it. Use codes on your games but tell other people about your pokemon before you give it to them

Excatly, if they cheat let them.

And Hackz are bad because you get a hacked shiny for some person that hacked them then trades them, it isn't fair no matter what any one says.

shiny hunter
07-14-2007, 11:14 PM
I dont see anything wrong with it. People always feel i did not earn it i cheated well i say so what. Also ive heard people saying it could mess up your game again big deal if it does i will still be alive with or with out a pokemon game.

ps Dont tell people you hack they will lecture you or tell you what can go wrong.

Fire Away
07-14-2007, 11:58 PM
If people want to cheat, let them. If they ask for cheats, I'll give them out. Quit your damned griping!!! I know you all cheat and hack or have in the past. You then jump on your moral high-horse and start slamming others. You're all a bunch of two-faced hypocrites. I'm sick and tired of reading about your self-righteous ranting. Shut the heck up and quit your griping!!!!

That's a lovely (and completely untrue) assumption you've got there. The only hacked pokemon I have is a-since-untouched shiny Eevee that I was told was completely legit only to find out I was lied to. I haven't hacked once since I started playing pokemon. Not because I have some personal problem with hackers, but just because it's not something I prefer. I like the sense of accomplishment I get from properly raising, EV training and breeding a competitive pokemon, so taking the easy way out and putting in an AR code doesn't sound inviting to me.

I don't trade for hacked pokemon. Does that mean I hate hacking and anyone who does it? No. Does that make me a hypocrite? Hardly.

ZERO-X
07-15-2007, 08:38 AM
They get upset because the pokemon might contain a vyrus that will ruin the data!

RaltsOfTime
07-15-2007, 08:41 AM
Check the OT and all before you trade. You can check OT and all that in Trade Center

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
07-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Check the OT and all before you trade. You can check OT and all that in Trade Center

I don't mind if they risk their game with cheating, but then trading them as legit, or saying a pokemon is hacked, then asking for more than normal, that's just sad./

I am a poke collector, so my collection wouldn't feel right if I have hacked pokemon