PDA

View Full Version : Oz 07 tour

the00gazza
07-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Well today I went to the Australian 07 connection tour for diamond and pearl in Brisbane. First seeing all the people there I was a bit nervous, but I won my way into the final 16, out of 128 who entered, using my legit Pokémon.

Ganger
Umbreon
Infernape

Unfortunately I lost against a pretty tough opponent, lol. Who turned out to become the champion.

This was my first Pokémon competition, and the diamond and pearl are the first Pokémon games since I played blue and red version. I think I did pretty well.

Just curious but did anyone else or is going to go to the tour?

the00gazza

hsb39
07-06-2007, 01:28 PM
That is great! Mystic Blaze and I are going to it soon (what prizes did that person who won get).

Weren't you able to go to the Journey Across Oz (IT WAS GREAT!) Mystic Blaze strangely lost in his first battle due to 3 Crit Hits in a row then his Latios' Dragon Claw missing against a Quaza holding a Persim Berry. I was lucky enough to get to the final 8, and I also battled the winner of the competition on my way, but I won, I don't quite get how he continued.

P.S. PLEASE tell me common Pokemon and tactics so I can prepare myself (and can you use more than one of the same Item, I would really like to know as nobody says it).

the00gazza
07-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Well done, that's quite hard to make it to the final 8.

There was some really common Pokémon that kept coming up things like:

Umbreon with
Poison
Double Team
Wish
Confuse ray

There was a few snorlaxes with rest and sleep talk. Lots and lots of starter Pokémon, a few Legendary trio from diamond and pearl. And almost everyone i versed had leftovers equipped

Umm no unfortunately you can't use more than one of the same item.

I suggest making a Pokémon hold an item that cures poison or sleep. Because that's how a lot of people lost their Pokémon fast.

Lord Celebi
07-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Sweet, the Oz tour. Anybody get any information on how Nintendo is handling hacked Pokemon?

hsb39
07-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Well done, that's quite hard to make it to the final 8.

There was some really common Pokémon that kept coming up things like:

Umbreon with
Poison
Double Team
Wish
Confuse ray

There was a few snorlaxes with rest and sleep talk. Lots and lots of starter Pokémon, a few Legendary trio from diamond and pearl. And almost everyone i versed had leftovers equipped

Umm no unfortunately you can't use more than one of the same item.

I suggest making a Pokémon hold an item that cures poison or sleep. Because that's how a lot of people lost their Pokémon fast.
It wasn't at the Connection Tour though, I assumed that Item Clause was up, I will deffinetely have someone with Lum Berry. You can have 6 Pokemon in your party and then you choose 3 to fight?(Just making sure)

And to Rust, I hope that they use Battle Revolution (that would be the smart thing to do, great advertising).

the00gazza
07-07-2007, 12:49 AM
yeah you can have 6 pokemon in your party, but only use 3 to battle.

The only thing they did to look for hacked pokemon to look at the stats.

Lord Celebi
07-07-2007, 01:56 AM
yeah you can have 6 pokemon in your party, but only use 3 to battle.

The only thing they did to look for hacked pokemon to look at the stats.

*Sighs*

Lazy people at Nintendo... I wish they would scan cards like that did in RSE. It would eliminate all the hacks then...

hsb39
07-07-2007, 09:10 AM
At the Journey Across Oz, XD was the way to do it (although I did see a Mewtwo that was neither Shiny nor normal) and to Gaza, how did they make the battle settings like that? Did some battles go on the big screen like at the Journey Across Oz? And finally (sorry for asking too many questions, but Mystic Blaze and I want to be as prepared as possible) was Soul Dew banned?

ChaosJebus
07-07-2007, 10:47 AM
would i be able to compete cause i have hacked pokemon on my diamond and pearl games

hsb39
07-07-2007, 12:51 PM
I would suggest not using them just in case.

ChaosJebus
07-08-2007, 01:34 AM
if your telling me not to use my hacked pokemon i wasnt planning to

Lord Celebi
07-08-2007, 01:36 AM
would i be able to compete cause i have hacked pokemon on my diamond and pearl games

Well, it appears since they're not scanning cartridges, don't used the hacked 'mons and you'll be fine...

ChaosJebus
07-08-2007, 01:41 AM
ok kool if they were scanning cartridges i wouldnt be able to go because my bro got a hacked shiny palkia off the gts and hes playing my pearl version and my diamond already had hacked pokemon on it

Underking
07-08-2007, 01:45 AM
I was about to go but... i wasnt allowed to go. congrats to make it that far i would have never made it that far. what levels where your pokes(just curious).

monmashq
07-08-2007, 03:40 AM
I got a TXT Message telling me about it, But I forgot >.<.

I would have Kicked A! >>

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

*Honestly Though, Did they give out prizes? Coz if they didn't thats just wrong. I remember when they were giving Celebi away when I lived in Victoria, I was like YAYZ -^_^-!!*

the00gazza
07-08-2007, 08:23 AM
you can use any item you want. as long as you don't use more then 1. the prizes where a bunch of pokemon stuff and a DS. No event pokemon where given away or for prizes. :susp::susp: My pokemon where level 50 :biggrin:

hsb39
07-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Yeah I got my team at Lvl. 50, I got Empoleon, Dusknoir, Electivire, Weezing, Starmie and Staraptor, all but Empoleon and Staraptor are completely EV trained and even then they are partially EV trained.

P.S. I will get really pissed off if I get faced against a Latios/as with a Soul Dew as they count as Uber.