PDA

View Full Version : Easily Manipulated Trading System?!

hsb39
07-06-2007, 01:43 PM
I haven't had the chance to go on the GTS yet, but do you just offer a Pokemon and can only ask for one in particular Pokemon, if so that is problematic in many ways, firstly, they could give you a no EV spread bad nature one without you knowing and second of all, say you have something like a bred to have Megahorn early Jolly with good IVs Heracross and you ask for something like a Celebi (to see if someone has something spare), but someone seems to have a spare Darkrai, and would like your Heracross, but it seems that you only want a Celebi. Tell me if that was too confusing, but is there any way to prevent this?!

Kairyu
07-06-2007, 01:54 PM
I haven't had the chance to go on the GTS yet, but do you just offer a Pokemon and can only ask for one in particular Pokemon, if so that is problematic in many ways, firstly, they could give you a no EV spread bad nature one without you knowing and second of all, say you have something like a bred to have Megahorn early Jolly with good IVs Heracross and you ask for something like a Celebi (to see if someone has something spare), but someone seems to have a spare Darkrai, and would like your Heracross, but it seems that you only want a Celebi. Tell me if that was too confusing, but is there any way to prevent this?!

Yes, you can prevent it by coming to the D/P trading threads, and get what you need there. xD

The GTS only covers the surface of trading and doesn't let you go beyond level or gender as far as preferences go, yes, but, if you're really looking for a great pokemon, I don't think that you would take one from just anyone who has access to wi-fi, or at least I wouldn't.

I only use the GTS for cloning and finishing my National Dex.

But, no, there is no way to prevent that; as confusing as that was. ^^;

Cybergear88
07-06-2007, 02:41 PM
i would just clone it and see what you get. if you get something bad, just clone it again and do it all over.