PDA

View Full Version : Differences between UK and USA Versions.

liquidak
07-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Okay, I have enough money to buy Diamond and Pearl now, but it doesn't come out in the UK for another couple of weeks. But a shop in town is stocking imported American ones, so I don't know if I should buy it or wait for the UK version. Is there any significant changes? Will it being imported from another country affect my play in any reasonable way? Would really appreciate some help here.:confused:

P.S. I think this is the right board, if not please mods could you move it?

- LiquidAk

Blue_Dragon_Mew
07-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Other then language, there shouldn't be much of a difference. I'm sure the Japanese game is the same as the US one. Only difference I know is US and Japan will get events befor the UK, and the early Japanese versions have an E4 glitch.

liquidak
07-06-2007, 04:10 PM
So will the US version have more glitches than the UK version?

azureFlames
07-06-2007, 04:22 PM
The US version doesn't have glitches, exept the Cloning.

I think if you have, ex: UK GBA Emerald, I think it won't be compatable with the US Diamond and Pearl.

liquidak
07-06-2007, 04:52 PM
I don't have Emerald, but I do have a UK Ruby, Sapphire and FireRed, will these still be able to trade with an American Diamond or Pearl?

Devils_Son
07-06-2007, 05:04 PM
actually shouldn't you still be able to do that, thats kinda like how the GTS goes, you can import Japanese pokemon from someone's japanese game into your american game, right? wouldnt that mean you can still import your own pokemon to D/P? but id still wait for the UK version if i were you.

Zigzagoon22
07-06-2007, 05:06 PM
The US version doesn't have glitches, exept the Cloning.

I think if you have, ex: UK GBA Emerald, I think it won't be compatable with the US Diamond and Pearl.

I found another glitch.If I are in the TV station & I stay left of the man where I can dress up my pokemon.Sometimes I walk through the wall!It's a little glitch.

silverfang_202
07-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I don't have Emerald, but I do have a UK Ruby, Sapphire and FireRed, will these still be able to trade with an American Diamond or Pearl?
All uk gba paks work with the us ds games.
So you will be able to use pal park.

thirty-six
07-06-2007, 05:19 PM
You should just wait for the European version. I mean you've waited this long what's another couple of weeks?

troacctid
07-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Okay, I have enough money to buy Diamond and Pearl now, but it doesn't come out in the UK for another couple of weeks. But a shop in town is stocking imported American ones, so I don't know if I should buy it or wait for the UK version. Is there any significant changes? Will it being imported from another country affect my play in any reasonable way? Would really appreciate some help here.:confused:

P.S. I think this is the right board, if not please mods could you move it?

- LiquidAk
If it's not out yet, how are we supposed to know what's different? :confused:

ClikC
07-06-2007, 05:34 PM
It works fine, had my US import pearl for 6 weeks now, no differences apart from the packaging and warranty etc etc.

Go get it!

liquidak
07-06-2007, 08:12 PM
If it's not out yet, how are we supposed to know what's different? :confused:

Previous Pokemon Game experiences.

Anyway thanks for everyone's advice, I'll decide tomorrow as I'm going into town then.:happy: