PDA

View Full Version : Memory Cards

tai sky
07-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Do you think using a Memory Card is like cheating? I ask this because my mom said that when she was young, nobody had Memory Cards so that they could save their place. She says that we, the kids of today, shouldn't save our progress and should start from the begginning like they used to. Does anybody agree with her? I'm not sure... It's handy to save your progress, but I admit she has a point...:oops::wink::tongue:

uxie
07-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Of course not! Is is cheating to put down a book in the middle of a chapter, go eat lunch, and come back? It is merely taking a break. Putting the game on pause without wasting energy. Not cheating at all. She's just jealous. XD

Yggdrasill
07-06-2007, 05:50 PM
It's because now-a-days memory cards are necessary. Games back in the 80s and early 90s could be beaten in a few hours, while games after that era take a little more effort.

NeonTrainer
07-06-2007, 05:52 PM
No one would like games that didn't have things that could save your progress. I mean just think of XD and them games, Would you still play them if they didn't have a memory card to save the data?

Stardy
07-06-2007, 06:06 PM
disagree, you need to save in the game, I mean, whats the point on playing it for an hour, switch it off, back on, and do it all again

Back then, they did not save, they had passwords, remember the password, and you fine

unless you leave it on o_0

tai sky
07-06-2007, 06:13 PM
It's because now-a-days memory cards are necessary. Games back in the 80s and early 90s could be beaten in a few hours, while games after that era take a little more effort.

I've played a few games that were made now-a-days, and I didn't save on a few of them, but I still beat them. (mainly because I played them nonstop:oops:)

Professor Geoffrey
07-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Memory cards are not cheating. They are absolutely necessary. Like Yggdrasill said, most of the games back in the 80's and 90's didn't have save files and memory cards because they could be beaten in a few hours. I had this one game called Super Mario World for the GBC. No save files, no memory cards... So, I sold it for five bucks.