PDA

View Full Version : GERARD WAY; Set To Release Comic Book

xDesires-Lovex
07-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Gerard Way; lead singer of 'My Chemical Romance' is set to release his own comic book 'The Umbrella Academy'. As officially reported by K!(Kerrang) magazine.
Gerard told K! that "I just hope it get people into comic book stores that wouldn't usually go there. That's a sucess to me. That's why I'm finally happy to talk abot it in music magazines, because the point is to show people who aren't into comics how much greatstuff there is out there. Comics are a struggeling art form. I'm really psyched about it."

He also gave his progress on the comics, saying "The first issue of the comic is done and the second is nearly finished".

So do you think Gerard reall feels how he says or is he trying to increase te My Chemical Romance fan base?

I belive he is true to his word, as he seems truely passionate about comic books.

Charbok
07-06-2007, 08:14 PM
You're like my sister. You love that crappy band. Anywho, this doesn't go here, it goes in "Other: Entertainment/Sports"

xDesires-Lovex
07-06-2007, 08:27 PM
My Chemical Romance are a awesome band and have one of the biggest fan bases ever. Don't go off topic.

Subside
07-07-2007, 03:07 AM
Metallica, Slipknot, Iron Maiden... just a few that beat MCR's fanbase :P would list more but I'm too lazy.

I personally don't see how a comic book can increase a bands fanbase when people who buy it may have no idea who the hell Gerard Way is. It's not like he will be supplying the consumer with free MRC CD's (and if he was I'd most likely throw it back in his face)