PDA

View Full Version : What's the best moveset for Absol??

Mizu
03-14-2004, 07:42 PM
I just caught one, and since its got some pretty good stats...what moves should I teach him?

boltAge
03-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Absol (F) @ Shell Bell/Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Ball
- Frustration
- Aerial Ace

Dance once(not twice, he'll prolly not survive it), and start sweeping. I'm not fond of this thing though :doh:

Mizu
03-15-2004, 06:14 PM
Are you joking me? There is no possible way I'm using aerial ace on him...try...let's see...good attacking moves O_o; And since he can learn flamethrower I was planning on teaching it to him...and how about slash? and perish song?

Oh and by the way...what's up with the signature...it is insultive... :confused:

Shael
03-15-2004, 09:11 PM
I'd suggest aerial ace too, since it covers Absol's bug weakness, and it's a physical attack. I wouldn't use flamethrower because it's unaffected by swords dance and Absol should be used as a physical sweeper. Well it's all up to you I guess =/

Not sure about slash and perish song btw

boltAge
03-16-2004, 01:40 AM
YOU tell me how to use Perish Song. I don't see how on earth Perish Song would work on a fragile Pokemon which dies from one or two hits and can't trap the opponent.

No, I'm not fond of Slash at all. Absol has terrible Special Attack, even if it could learn Crunch, it wouldn't be that strong.

Off-topic: How is my sig insultive? :rolleyes:

Mizu
03-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Ok shael you gotta good point, but what if I already used my shadow ball TM?

PS: well, not insultive but, uhm...kinda mean and jerkish
PSPS: not starting an arguement here.

Oh and boltAge, frustration's the same as return? right? so, can I teach him that instead?

boltAge
03-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Ok shael you gotta good point, but what if I already used my shadow ball TM?

PS: well, not insultive but, uhm...kinda mean and jerkish
PSPS: not starting an arguement here.

Oh and boltAge, frustration's the same as return? right? so, can I teach him that instead?
No Shadow Ball...Then try Slash.

My sig is mean...in what way? :eek:

Well, it's easier to get your Pokemon to hate you than to get your mon to love you, but it's your choice, both's max base power is 102.

Woah, "max base power". Sounds kinda confusing :eek:

Missingno mystery
03-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Edit: Ever since the boards changed, ppl have been way to edgy :rolleyes: . Seems every one is now over reacting to little things in order to become the high power they never were on the last forums. because of this I'm now avoiding boards with these type of ppl(this place is one). my last post here is one simple question:
I wont a darky/psychy type attack on my Absol (natural only). Should I keep Bite, or go for the 10 extra points and make Akbasher learn Future Sight? I'm really sure I wont FS but something's pulling at me to think about it longer :sad: :eh: and I think its the point that it attacks a few terns after you use is, were as Bite in Instinet with a possibly "flinching" :confused: . Um...little help :frown: ?

Zenaku
03-16-2004, 09:29 PM
Well, this is my kinda Topic lol... Heres the Moveset that i taught my Absol, which happens to be similar to what others have suggested:

Absol (M)
Current Stats: 237 HP / 228 Atk / 180 Spd
Nature: Modest
-Bite
-Aerial Ace
-Shadow Ball
-Slash

I might actually chnage Bite, but Aerial Ace is a good move; fast and powerful, plus, as mentioned earlier, its good against Bugs. Anyways, my Absols only Lv87 right now, so i've got a bit of Training to do (And HP Ups, Proteins, Carbos', etc to buy).

Mizu
03-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Ok then, here's my current moveset:

Slash
Aerial Ace
Perish Song
Swords Dance

boltAge
03-17-2004, 02:13 AM
The guy who before dark absol, DONT HIJACK PEOPLES THREAD :rolleyes: . MAKE YOUR OWN FREAKIN THREAD.

Meh, why did you make this thread if you're not even going to listen to ANYBODY? 3 people posted and none made you change your mind about Perish Song. Talk about stubborn people :rolleyes:

Mizu
03-17-2004, 02:23 AM
The guy who before dark absol, DONT HIJACK PEOPLES THREAD :rolleyes: . MAKE YOUR OWN FREAKIN THREAD.

Meh, why did you make this thread if you're not even going to listen to ANYBODY? 3 people posted and none made you change your mind about Perish Song. Talk about stubborn people :rolleyes:

1) Since it's a thread for a moveset for Absol, anybody looking for a good absol moveset can post...

2) I'm just showing my current moveset, just improve it with the final moveset you guys decided... jesus...

mlugia
03-17-2004, 03:24 AM
There's no final moveset for any pokemon out there that's perfect. You just have to edit yours to make it work.

And perish song works on Absol about as much as Mega Punch works on Gengar. Possibly less cause Gengar can actually KO with Punch in some odd cases.

If this pokemon is for in-game, then neither return nor frustration would work too well because the mood can alter if you let them die and such. In that case, slash may be as good as you can go Normal attack wise. Absol does learn Substitute, Baton pass as support attacks that are worth considering (to complement Swords dance, that is), or if you really just want a kamikaze one, go with Salac berry as an attachment (for link battles), and once it activates, couple with a swords, either go kamikazing or baton pass the boost away.

Though on EV, I'd definately have a speed boost personality with matching EVs for it.

And a word of disclaimer: I don't play RS that well.

Traipez
03-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Hey.. is this moveset for my Absol good?

Absol @ Nothing
Shadow Ball
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance
Baton Bass.

x_eyes
03-18-2004, 11:43 PM
almost same as mine

Absol@leftovers
Shadow ball
Swords Dance
Baton Pass