PDA

View Full Version : How do you get shinies?

mazharrules
07-06-2007, 11:16 PM
I see people who say they don't want fakes, yet thay have 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 shinies!!! How do you get pokemon without the AR codes? I no that three is a one in a 8000 chance but how do people get it for like so many pokemon. Is there a method?

THANKS.

edit: how can u get it frmo the pokeradar... can anyone tell me like a list of things to do?

Flan
07-06-2007, 11:19 PM
I see people who say they don't want fakes, yet thay have 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 shinies!!! How do you get pokemon without the AR codes? I no that three is a one in a 8000 chance but how do people get it for like so many pokemon. Is there a method?

THANKS.

People use the PokeRadar to get Shinies, or they trade off the Shinies that they have for more. They also clone and then trade off, which is why they always have a growing collection like me.

mazharrules
07-06-2007, 11:20 PM
People use the PokeRadar to get Shinies, or they trade off the Shinies that they have for more. They also clone and then trade off, which is why they always have a growing collection like me.

ho can u get it frmo the pokeradar... can anyone tell me like a list of things to do?

CrazyVulpix
07-06-2007, 11:21 PM
I get most of mine through trades. Sometimes people don't even want another shiny in return they are just desperate for a particular item or Pokemon and are willing to trade big. If you have a lot of patience though, the Pokeradar is a good was to get shinies. But it's very time concuming and can be frusterating most of the time. :ermm:

mazharrules
07-06-2007, 11:22 PM
I get most of mine through trades. Sometimes people don't even want another shiny in return they are just desperate for a particular item or Pokemon and are willing to trade big. If you have a lot of patience though, the Pokeradar is a good was to get shinies. But it's very time concuming and can be frusterating most of the time. :ermm:

pokes request for instructions

CrazyVulpix
07-06-2007, 11:23 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1140017&postcount=3

There's a guide about the Pokeradar.

mazharrules
07-06-2007, 11:30 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1140017&postcount=3

There's a guide about the Pokeradar.

(You can also view this video to see what it'll look like).

it says that in the post but i don't see any video? can u give me the link to the whole topic?

Lord Celebi
07-07-2007, 12:11 AM
Yup, either Pokerader, getting lucky, or trading a lot. Personally, I think shinies are overrated, and are worth nothing against a normal-colored compeitive Pokemon with a good Nature, IVs, and Egg Moves.

mazharrules
07-07-2007, 01:10 AM
ok one final question.. if u get it from the pokeradar.. how do u get shiny legendaries?

TwilightBlade
07-07-2007, 01:12 AM
ok one final question.. if u get it from the pokeradar.. how do u get shiny legendaries?
You save in front of them, then enter the battle, and soft reset until you see a shiny one... Pretty boring but the rewards are lovely. ^_^

mazharrules
07-07-2007, 02:29 AM
You save in front of them, then enter the battle, and soft reset until you see a shiny one... Pretty boring but the rewards are lovely. ^_^

wait since i see many shiny legends.. does that mean the chance of catching a shiny legend is more likely than 1/8000? or the same..?

Blue_Dragon_Mew
07-07-2007, 02:31 AM

This coming from the... girl with fleeing shinies. *points to her sig*

MustangGT
07-07-2007, 03:15 AM
Shinies are nice to have and all, but for competitive battles they really aren't highly loved because often the nature is wrong and the IVs and no breeding moves

I have them just to show off

So all that said, heres i do it, and its got me 4 since GSC lol

walk around in grass without even thinking of a shiny, it will appear eventually and when least expected

basically, dont hunt, get lucky

TwilightBlade
07-07-2007, 03:26 AM
mazharrules:
Seeing a shiny is always 1/8192.... But legends or starters are common since soft reseting is the easiest way besides chaining. You see shiny legends on the net or by yourself? o.o

Blue_Dragon_Mew:
You can soft reset for Latias at Southern Island or simply do new games on Sapphire/Emerald (I have 30 normal Latias this way. XD The shiny was from a friend who helped me out though)... And for Cresselia, save BEFORE you even met her on her island, then scare her away and find her in the grass and battle and reset if not shiny. Both strategies work. ;)

mazharrules
07-07-2007, 04:07 AM
And what abut eggs? do they have a high chance or a 1/8150 chance?

Flan
07-07-2007, 04:18 AM
And what abut eggs? do they have a high chance or a 1/8150 chance?

No matter what, it's always a 1/8192 chance unless you're using the PokeRadar.

charizard_awesome
07-07-2007, 04:23 AM
its hard using dat

Flan
07-07-2007, 04:24 AM
its hard using dat

Not unless you practice.
Practice makes perfect. XP
Plus it's worth it.
You could continue your chain after catching 1 Shiny, and then you could catch tons more if you're lucky.

Beech Daly
07-07-2007, 04:46 AM
I might have to start using the PokeRadar then. I'm used to the Shinies popping up for me (without it) and trading them for big stuff. I guess the more Shinies I catch (with my luck) the more good stuff I can get from it.

The Shiny Lugia ... well ... nevermind on that. (lol)