PDA

View Full Version : what else factors in to stats?

Berserk Gene
07-09-2007, 12:56 AM
I bred an adament natured sneasel, evolved it into weavile, and EV trained it to max out speed and attack.

Now at level 100, it's stats aren't the same as the "max stats" listed on serebii. Why? Just bad IV's? It's attack is only about 10 points higher than the max of a neutral natured one.

finallegacy
07-09-2007, 12:59 AM
pretty much just the kind of pokemon, nature, EV's, and IV's determine its stats. I think those max trained stats are the stats if you had 252 EV's and 31 IV's in that stat.

troacctid
07-09-2007, 01:43 AM
I bred an adament natured sneasel, evolved it into weavile, and EV trained it to max out speed and attack.

Now at level 100, it's stats aren't the same as the "max stats" listed on serebii. Why? Just bad IV's? It's attack is only about 10 points higher than the max of a neutral natured one.
Stats are calculated thusly:
(((Base stat * 2 + IVs + EVs/4) * Level/100) + 5) * Nature
Anything that rounds, rounds down. HP is calculated slightly differently and looks like this:
((Base stat * 2 + IVs + EVs/4) * Level/100) + Level + 10

Your Weavile simply has a low IV in that stat.

Arceus
07-09-2007, 01:46 AM
Well, you could always start by giving it Carbos and such...

-PK
07-09-2007, 01:47 AM
Well, you could always start by giving it Carbos and such...

If you do that, then you can't EV train it as well as you should.

troacctid
07-09-2007, 01:56 AM
If you do that, then you can't EV train it as well as you should.
Sure you can. Why can't you?

But that wasn't the question anyway. He already finished EV training, so Carbos wouldn't have any effect.

-PK
07-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Sure you can. Why can't you?

But that wasn't the question anyway. He already finished EV training, so Carbos wouldn't have any effect.

That is what I have heard. Ok, I think I got a bit confused.:oops: Sorry.

Berserk Gene
07-09-2007, 02:33 AM
i already know mostly everything about EV training..and yes, i'm done.

BTW, for the carbos comment, here's how that works:

each vitamin gives your pokemon 10 EV's in that stat. However you are limited to ten, and they still factor in to the 510 max.

So, if you give your bidoof 10 protiens, that is equal to 100 EV's in attack. You'll still have to train to get to the max of 255 though.

Best way to EV train is to just use 10 vitamins in the stats you want to max out off the bat. Getting 155 EV points takes less time than getting 255...

Though, i do have a question. After i'm completely done EV training (meaning, the girl in sunyshore city gave that pokemon the effort ribbon, so i'm positive) it IS safe to use rare candys all the way up to 100 right? IT would yield the same results?

Also, there is one thing i don't know about EV training. IF i max out attack, and faint a pokemon that gives an effort point for attack, does that count to the total of 510, meaning that's less points i could've used in another stat???

troacctid
07-09-2007, 02:41 AM
i already know mostly everything about EV training..and yes, i'm done.

BTW, for the carbos comment, here's how that works:

each vitamin gives your pokemon 10 EV's in that stat. However you are limited to ten, and they still factor in to the 510 max.

So, if you give your bidoof 10 protiens, that is equal to 100 EV's in attack. You'll still have to train to get to the max of 255 though.

Best way to EV train is to just use 10 vitamins in the stats you want to max out off the bat. Getting 155 EV points takes less time than getting 255...

Though, i do have a question. After i'm completely done EV training (meaning, the girl in sunyshore city gave that pokemon the effort ribbon, so i'm positive) it IS safe to use rare candys all the way up to 100 right? IT would yield the same results?

Also, there is one thing i don't know about EV training. IF i max out attack, and faint a pokemon that gives an effort point for attack, does that count to the total of 510, meaning that's less points i could've used in another stat???
It's always safe to use Rare Candies no matter how many EVs you have, as long as you don't go all the way to level 100, which would stop you from gaining more EVs. That Rare Candies are detrimental to your stats at all is merely a myth. They do you no harm.

And no, you won't get extra EVs in attack after you hit the max. If you did then they would still count to your stat. And that would be pretty cool, actually.

Berserk Gene
07-09-2007, 02:46 AM
ok, because the first EV training guide i read said make sure you don't go over the amount of ev's you need...i was worried that if i maxed out attack, then killed a gyarados (which gives attack points) that that would count towards my total of 510 even though it wouldn't elevate any stats.

finallegacy
07-09-2007, 04:38 AM
ok, because the first EV training guide i read said make sure you don't go over the amount of ev's you need...i was worried that if i maxed out attack, then killed a gyarados (which gives attack points) that that would count towards my total of 510 even though it wouldn't elevate any stats.

I think what the guide was trying to say is that you should only have up to 252 EV's in a single stat, since anything higher than that, 253-255 is just a waste of EV's since those numbers aren't divisible by 4, thus, doesn't make any stat growth.

Mysticjason
07-09-2007, 06:39 AM
I once got an Adamant Nidoking and EV trained attack & speed. And when I learned about IVs, I tried calculating its IVs and it had 0 attack IVs. No wonder it sucked so much! Ha ha...

Berserk Gene
07-09-2007, 08:15 PM
I think what the guide was trying to say is that you should only have up to 252 EV's in a single stat, since anything higher than that, 253-255 is just a waste of EV's since those numbers aren't divisible by 4, thus, doesn't make any stat growth.

ahh, ok, that makes perfect sense.