PDA

View Full Version : Breeding!

ProdigyRT
07-09-2007, 10:02 AM
How do you go about breeding so that I have an egg with a Dratini in it. At the moment, I have a Dratini, but I want to breed it to get an egg and teach it egg moves and stuff. Since I never have Breed before, what do I have to do? Like, do I need a dito? and can I breed dtratini or do i need dragonair or even dragonite and do I have to hold an item?

Shedinja
07-09-2007, 10:31 AM
To success a good breeding u must make a lot of experience.If u want to make breeding with dratini forget about ditto cz with ditto there is no additional attacks..A good idea for breeding is with Charizard who has flamethrower so as to obtain and ur new dratini.Or with dewgong for ice-beam.
But also if u see the stats of dragonite u will see that its attack is higher than the sp.attack( 134 ,100) so it is good to find and a good move like erthquake( my favourite) .A breeding with rhyhorn wil help.
The magic of breeding is that noone can know everything.If study alone maybe u will learn a good breeding for ur self with not only one breeding move but with two or three

Shedinja
07-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Sry not experience but experiement( is spelling like that i think).Tests iam trying to say.U understand

Electric27
07-09-2007, 02:31 PM
you need a ditto and just because it evovlved from an egg doesn't mean it can lewarn moves like egg bomb or softboiiled only chansey can learn those

ProdigyRT
07-09-2007, 04:09 PM
ya i know. that isnt my point tho. my point is that i dun know what to breed where i know a dratini will come out of it. how do i make sure dratini will come out? just breed a dratini and ditto or what?

Vapid
07-09-2007, 04:15 PM
ya i know. that isnt my point tho. my point is that i dun know what to breed where i know a dratini will come out of it. how do i make sure dratini will come out? just breed a dratini and ditto or what?

To make sure you get a Dratini out of the egg, make sure you breed with a FEMALE Dratini (or Dragonair, Dragonite).

ProdigyRT
07-09-2007, 04:26 PM
so i can breed a male dratini and female dratini and i get dratini? or like female dratini and a ditto?

Electric27
07-09-2007, 04:32 PM
just a dratini or dratini evolution and you will get a dratini it is not that hard

ProdigyRT
07-09-2007, 04:44 PM
okay. my next question is how long does it take before an egg appears? like i got both male and female dratini in daycare. how long before i get an egg?

troacctid
07-09-2007, 08:44 PM
okay. my next question is how long does it take before an egg appears? like i got both male and female dratini in daycare. how long before i get an egg?
It varies from Pokémon to Pokémon. For a Dratini, the egg takes 10,240 steps. You can halve that by keeping a Pokémon in your party with Flame body or Magma Armor.

Here are Dratini's egg moves and the best Pokémon to breed with to get them.
Dragon Dance (Breed with Horsea)
Dragon Rush (Breed with Gible)
Dragonbreath (Breed with Altaria)
Haze (Breed with Ekans)
Light Screen (Breed with a Corsola that was taught the TM)
Mist (Breed with Swablu)
Supersonic (Breed with Mantine)

Note also that TMs can be passed on through breeding. And remember, the Dratini has to be the female.

finallegacy
07-09-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm not sure about how long until the egg appears, I think it depends on how well they are getting along, but as long as the daycare man does not say "they seem to play with other pokemon rather than each other", they will eventually lay an egg. And for how long it will hatch...dratini I think takes one of the longest times to hatch, forgot the number, but it was over 10,000 steps.

However, if you have a pokemon in your party with the ability flame body or magma armour, the amount of steps required to hatch the egg will be reduced, by half I think.