PDA

View Full Version : Ginger People

Mitsuzo-kun
07-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Who thinks that people who have ginger hair are often ridiculed?

I'm ginger, and always have people make fun of me.

Who feels the same?

Djax94

lucky5511
07-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Well where I'm from ginger people aren't made fun of we just tease with them but everyone knows we are just playing because they laugh and joke around with us. I have ginger friends. No need to judge people from there looks and I don't even seem why some people make fun of them I think there cool.

-Lucky

Mitsuzo-kun
07-09-2007, 05:40 PM
"Don't judge them..."

That's what I think!

But I really badly have the p*** taken out of me!

Especially at school...

Djax94

EDIT: And where are you from? I might move... JOKING!

Azumao
07-09-2007, 05:51 PM
My mom told me that ginger haired (or red heads, as we call them) are really ridiculed in Europe, Britain I think she said. She said that people treated them like dirt, and even spat on them. Although, being raised in a place where people don't care about the color of your hair, I chose to reply with "I'd gladly return the gesture, and spit on them too." It's against the Irish, and apparently all red heads are assumed to be Irish, even if there are other people that are Irish and don't have red hair.

Edit: Being called a "Ginger Person" frankly has already gotten on my nerves. Honestly, you act like we're different. Hello, it's a matter of melanin in the skin and the color of our hair. >>

Shadow Eevee
07-09-2007, 05:54 PM
My mom told me that ginger haired (or red heads, as we call them) are really ridiculed in Europe, Britain I think she said. She said that people treated them like dirt, and even spat on them. Although, being raised in a place where people don't care about the color of your hair, I chose to reply with "I'd gladly return the gesture, and spit on them too." It's against the Irish, and apparently all red heads are assumed to be Irish, even if there are other people that are Irish and don't have red hair.

Edit: Being called a "Ginger Person" frankly has already gotten on my nerves. Honestly, you act like we're different. Hello, it's a matter of melanin in the skin and the color of our hair. >>
Oh... ginger people is red haired people... I never knew that. :oops:
My cousin's class was mostly ginger haired. She said she got along with them good.

.Felicia
07-09-2007, 06:37 PM
"Ginger People" or "Red Heads", what is wrong with them?Nothing.They just have a color hair like brown or blonde, theres really nothing to it.

Soda
07-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Ummm should this need a thead?

I mean your acting like hair color is a disease...
I have dirty blonde hair... Oh no now I have CANCER!

Red haired people don't get made fun of at my school for their hair color or skin...
I hope you didn't get the term "Ginger" from South Park...That was a funny episod t
though...

Azumao
07-09-2007, 07:03 PM
South Park got the term Ginger from the Europeans (Like I said, I think it's British) that use the terms. If you're from the US, you've probably never heard it. It's a matter of disliking the Irish, not disliking the hair.

And anyone that posts that this is stupid had better not be racist, just to tell you. It's the same concept. (that also means that this shouldn't turn into a debate of racial prejudice, I just had to throw that in there)

lucky5511
07-09-2007, 07:05 PM
O I dont think any of us are racist I just said I like "Ginger" people I just judge them by there attitude if they have a bad one I don't like them. The same as I do to non "Ginger" kids.

Soda
07-09-2007, 07:07 PM
South Park got the term Ginger from the Europeans (Like I said, I think it's British) that use the terms. If you're from the US, you've probably never heard it. It's a matter of disliking the Irish, not disliking the hair.

And anyone that posts that this is stupid had better not be racist, just to tell you. It's the same concept. (that also means that this shouldn't turn into a debate of racial prejudice, I just had to throw that in there)

Oh yea Az I'm Racist because I say just because people have a differant hair color they should get their own race>?Blonde people don't have a race...(Their own)

Sorry if that's not what your reffering to...
I'm not racist at all, I'm just saying again at my school nobody is ridiculed because of their hair color and skin, well not freckles, sometim pimples but whatever.

Sorry if you we're talking about something else.

Shadow Eevee
07-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Oh yea Az I'm Racist because I say just because people have a differant hair color they should get their own race>?Blonde people don't have a race...(Their own)

Sorry if that's not what your reffering to...
I'm not racist at all, I'm just saying again at my school nobody is ridiculed because of their hair color and skin, well not freckles, sometim pimples but whatever.

Sorry if you we're talking about something else.
Pimples are different. Those are made fun of because of the valley girl speaking cheerleaders who have low self esteem.

.Felicia
07-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Whats wrong with valley girl speaking,im sorry I just say "like" and "totally" alot.

lucky5511
07-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Whats wrong with valley girl speaking,im sorry I just say "like" and "totally" alot.

I hardly ever say totally haha. You catch me saying like here and there though.

Soda
07-09-2007, 07:31 PM

Well my girlfriend's a cheerleader and she's not self centered or an Airhead Shadow Eevee :P

You seriously need to check up on cheerleaders these days they're not all like totally stupid!

Shadow Eevee
07-09-2007, 10:20 PM

Well my girlfriend's a cheerleader and she's not self centered or an Airhead Shadow Eevee :P

You seriously need to check up on cheerleaders these days they're not all like totally stupid!

Sorry, just saying steriotypes. I'll just go now...

Calypso
07-09-2007, 10:55 PM

Lol. I'm pretty sure it's Scottish not Irish. Highlanders? Kilts? Ginger hair? >.>''

Well, yeah, I'm a fellow Scot, and yes Gingers ('Redheads') are looked down on as 'scanks' or 'jakes' as prefered to brunettes or blondes in our School.

Where I'm from, we basically have stereotypical (is that even a word xP) terms for most common hair colours.

Blondes = Stupid
Brunettes = Boring
Gingers = Grubby or "jakes" as the neds prefer to use

I don't agree with it at all, but it's usually what people counter with. Though, I have to admit, Red heads do receive by far the most abuse.

Soda
07-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Lol. I'm pretty sure it's Scottish not Irish. Highlanders? Kilts? Ginger hair? >.>''

Well, yeah, I'm a fellow Scot, and yes Gingers ('Redheads') are looked down on as 'scanks' or 'jakes' as prefered to brunettes or blondes in our School.

Where I'm from, we basically have stereotypical (is that even a word xP) terms for most common hair colours.

Blondes = Stupid
Brunettes = Boring
Gingers = Grubby or "jakes" as the neds prefer to use

I don't agree with it at all, but it's usually what people counter with. Though, I have to admit, Red heads do receive by far the most abuse.

Blonde people aren't stupid we're just very hawt, so we talk slow and act like were dumb.
[:P Full Of Myself]
-_-

Azumao
07-10-2007, 01:36 AM

I have red hair and I'm Irish. >>;

Honestly, though, I think the whole situation is stupid. Anybody that thinks someone is inferior because of the color of their hair is...well, I'd rather not say on a Pokemon forum. ^^

Yggdrasill
07-10-2007, 10:23 AM
People with ginger hair aren't as common as other people, so they are discriminated, which is really, really horrible.
Stereo-typing someone by the colour of their hair is stupid anyway, most people say people with blonde hair are stupid, yet me, and two of the smartest kids in my school are blonde.

I know you are going to find this ...atrocious, but some people in Britain actually got evicted from their houses purely because they are ginger. Is that screwed up or what?

Mitsuzo-kun
07-21-2007, 01:43 PM
OMG! This has quite a few replies!

Sorry I haven't checked on this, but you guys have been PROPER debating!

I totally agree with you guys, people with red hair are less common and ridiculed.

I want more people to comment on this, so...

POST!

ZERO-X
07-21-2007, 02:13 PM
That is a pathefic way of calling themselves "humans"! Those people who think they are supperior to others because of the hair color is pathefic! They don't deselve to call themselves "humans"!

Stardy
07-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Im not ginger, but have read about some disgusting things done to them in the paper, like a family that had to move because there house was all smashed and grafiti saying
"move you ginger b******'s"

Tory vs Meaty II
07-21-2007, 05:59 PM
I was born with red hair, and it turn dark when I was around 7. But I wasn't a Ginger. I see them pretty common at my school. I don't really see the difference. I never seen them beening made fun of before.

DaRkUmBrEoN
07-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Red hair people are more influenced by pain.
Red hair is due to the lack of some genes.

Basically, pick any reason from the above or any other reason and you'll see why red haired people get picked on. It's because they're different.

Oh well, I suppose being ginger has its benefits.

-]DU[-

Soda
07-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Like I said it's not much of a "big" thing in America, Lindsay Lohan wasn't made fun of when she was little with freckles and oarnge hair. Of course it's not oarnge anymore and she got the freckles removed but, you get it.

Mitsuzo-kun
07-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Yeah, but I don't live in America. I live in the land of tea... ENGLAND! It kinda sucks, but still...

Rekhyt
12-16-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm Irish and Ginger and I find this offensive.

Shadow Eevee
12-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Don't revive threads, please.