PDA

View Full Version : Pikachu on your team?

finallegacy
07-09-2007, 11:59 PM
I noticed a lot of people have pikachu on their team, and I just wonder why? Not saying pikachu is a bad pokemon, but why can't you just evolve it into Raichu? People have pikachus on their wifi teams and in my experience, they are pretty easy to kill. So why don't people just evolve their pikachus?

Drift
07-10-2007, 12:12 AM
I noticed a lot of people have pikachu on their team, and I just wonder why? Not saying pikachu is a bad pokemon, but why can't you just evolve it into Raichu? People have pikachus on their wifi teams and in my experience, they are pretty easy to kill. So why don't people just evolve their pikachus?

I guess it's just a nostalgia thing... Y'know. How popular Pikachu was and is in the anime, and is now the face of Pokemon. >_> So maybe that's it?

celebihunter
07-10-2007, 12:19 AM
Yeah I like it better than Raichu,but I do eventually evolve my Piachu when it learns everything Raichu can't.

TheEvilDookie
07-10-2007, 12:20 AM
I guess people are just trying to get pikachu the right moveset. then when they do, they evolve it

Poring
07-10-2007, 12:26 AM
I think people use Pikachu because of the Light Ball.

pikabeeash
07-10-2007, 12:59 AM
um.. because its faster

Phantom Kat
07-10-2007, 01:03 AM
I have my Level 100 Pikachu I got from PKTOPIA just because Pikachu holds a special place in my heart (maybe because Yellow was the only game I had for five years).

That doesn't mean I don't like Raichu, though. Raichu pawns with the perfect moves. If my Pikachu was just any old Pikachu, it would have been a Raichu now.

Poring
07-10-2007, 01:16 AM
Also, Surfing Pikachu is good with Light Ball. Since Light Ball doesn't apply to Raichu, it works a lot better with Pikachu. And Pikachu has a higher base Sp. Attack than Raichu, i think.

Fire Away
07-10-2007, 01:21 AM
Also, Surfing Pikachu is good with Light Ball. Since Light Ball doesn't apply to Raichu, it works a lot better with Pikachu. And Pikachu has a higher base Sp. Attack than Raichu, i think.

Wrong. Pikachu's base Sp. Attack is 50, whereas Raichu's is 90. Raichu's base speed is higher than Pikachu's as well. As far as stats go, Pikachu has nothing on Raichu except the Light Ball, and to be honest, a Raichu could do better with a pair of Choice Specs. The only reason, in my opinion to keep Pikachu as Pikachu is for the movepool. Of course, some people prefer him, but I like Raichu better as far as aesthetics go.

Just me, I guess.

Leman
07-10-2007, 01:24 AM
um.. because its faster

No it isn't. Raichu fails from a competetive standpoint and gets out classed by Jolteon, Magnezone, Electivire, and even Electrode. Though Pikachu is cute. Raichu is ugly.

Poring
07-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Wrong. Pikachu's base Sp. Attack is 50, whereas Raichu's is 90. Raichu's base speed is higher than Pikachu's as well. As far as stats go, Pikachu has nothing on Raichu except the Light Ball, and to be honest, a Raichu could do better with a pair of Choice Specs. The only reason, in my opinion to keep Pikachu as Pikachu is for the movepool, in my opinion. Of course, some people prefer him, but I like Raichu better as far as aesthetics go.

Just me, I guess.

Oh, you're right. Nevermind that then. Yeah, I guess the only think he has is Light Ball.

troacctid
07-10-2007, 01:50 AM
Raichu doesn't have the Light Ball. With Light Ball, Pikachu gets double attack and special attack. Pikachu's max attack and special attack are respectively 229 and 218. Double those and you get 458 and 436--quite a hefty sum. That's over a hundred more than Raichu's. Although most of the time you'll be using a +speed nature, since Pikachu needs it more, so your attack stats'll be closer to around 400 at the most. With Raichu, his attack and special attack can only go up to 306, which means he still needs Choice Specs to match the power of Pika.

By the way, why would you keep Pikachu as a Pikachu for the movepool? Once he learns th moves, you can evolve him, and voila. There you are.

Fire Away
07-10-2007, 01:52 AM
By the way, why would you keep Pikachu as a Pikachu for the movepool? Once he learns th moves, you can evolve him, and voila. There you are.

That's pretty much what I meant.

Nice job on the math though. :)

Electric27
07-10-2007, 12:44 PM
i guess people just like it

PKMN Trainer Nella
07-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Probably because they think its cute. Raichu is way more pwnful than a normal Pikachu, and it will be able to kill a Pikachu with caught with a lightball too, with the right moveset.

Lucky Flareon
07-10-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm guessing a lot of them are younger kids who just don't know where to find a thunder stone. That was the case with my sister.