PDA

View Full Version : Wah!! D:

woopjohuunq
07-10-2007, 12:28 AM
...where are all of the literate roleplayers?! ;O;

Right now, I'm stuck in a thread where three of the five people RPing in it type about three sentences average for EACH post...

It's driving me crazy... DDD:

Pleace, literacy, reveal itself amidst this thread!

Or... at least the literate roleplayers... >.>

Poring
07-10-2007, 12:36 AM
Really? Most of the sign-up threads I went to were full of literate role-players. I'm new here, and there's an abundance of literacy compared to that of other forums I've been to.

woopjohuunq
07-10-2007, 01:39 AM
Nay, the introduction and the sign-up thread will be literate or semi-lit, but...

...right when you see the way some of these people roleplay, you;ll understand when I say that about 35% of all of the people who roleplay here are literate. The others roleplay as if they were in a chatroom.

It's evil, I tell you! ;O;

-idea's-

I've got it!

I will create a literates-only roleplay! :D

Pure genius! >:D

No wait... that's already been done... ;-;

Draconic_Espeon
07-10-2007, 01:41 AM
...where are all of the literate roleplayers?! ;O;

Right now, I'm stuck in a thread where three of the five people RPing in it type about three sentences average for EACH post...

It's driving me crazy... DDD:

Pleace, literacy, reveal itself amidst this thread!

Or... at least the literate roleplayers... >.>

It's all in perspective. What you might consider literate could be completely different from what another considers literate.

Overall, though, you seemed to have happened upon the wrong RP. Look about some more, you'll find us. :wink:

Fire Away
07-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Eh, it doesn't really bother me as much. Frankly a person not using as many commas or semicolons as I'd prefer doesn't affect me. The only time it grates my nerves is when there's a total lack of any sort of punctuation and the entire post is one gigantic run-on sentence. It's very hard to read.

But otherwise, I don't care.

Poring
07-10-2007, 01:44 AM
Nay, the introduction and the sign-up thread will be literate or semi-lit, but...

...right when you see the way some of these people roleplay, you;ll understand when I say that about 35% of all of the people who roleplay here are literate. The others roleplay as if they were in a chatroom.

It's evil, I tell you! ;O;

-idea's-

I've got it!

I will create a literates-only roleplay! :D

Pure genius! >:D

No wait... that's already been done... ;-;
Well, I'm very new at this roleplaying business, but I recommend you look at the other roleplaying people have done before joining their roleplay.

woopjohuunq
07-10-2007, 02:12 AM
I know, I should've done my research...

But, too late to back out now... We're six pages into the roleplay. Though, for about three pages straight, it was all essentially one-liners... >.>

So, in actuality, if you were to compress all of the one-liners down and format it otherwise, We'de bave been about a page and a half into the roleplay instead.

Besides, all of the literate roleplays are already started or are not accepting anymore sign-ups. Trust me, I've been searching for about three days straight already...

Poring
07-10-2007, 02:39 AM
You could join Alto Mare Super Contest, Elven Civil War, Real Fiction, or Shadow Gene. I think sign-ups are still open for all of those...

Fire Away
07-10-2007, 02:41 AM
You could join Alto Mare Super Contest, Elven Civil War, Real Fiction, or Shadow Gene. I think sign-ups are still open for all of those...

*cough Join Alto Mare cough* :)

Lord Fedora
07-10-2007, 03:31 AM
*coughjoinRealFictioncough* But seriously dude, I feel your pain. Just do what I do when I find myself trapped in that sort of situation. Quit. And when I say quite, I don't mean say you're quiting, I mean just stop posting. Chances are no one will even notice that you're gone, or better yet will realize that you'v quit because of your nnoyance and will therefore go take an English class. Okay, the last one is a bit of a stretch, but still, it could happen.

Fire Away
07-10-2007, 03:36 AM
*coughjoinRealFictioncough* But seriously dude, I feel your pain. Just do what I do when I find myself trapped in that sort of situation. Quit. And when I say quite, I don't mean say you're quiting, I mean just stop posting. Chances are no one will even notice that you're gone, or better yet will realize that you'v quit because of your nnoyance and will therefore go take an English class. Okay, the last one is a bit of a stretch, but still, it could happen.

I agree with that. I mean, if it's really bothering so bad that you're not even having fun anymore, what exactly is the point of roleplaying in the first place? If you're asked about it, just give them that as your reason. Roleplaying is only worth doing if you're having a good time.

Blue-
07-10-2007, 03:42 AM
There are plenty of literate RP's out there. *coughShadowGenecough* You can still join a role play, even if it has already started, so if your worried about that, it isn't an issue. :)

woopjohuunq
07-10-2007, 06:14 AM
I think I'll sign up for both Real Fiction AND Alto Mare. ;D

Lord Celebi
07-10-2007, 04:28 PM
You should have joined Team RP... XD

You can quit a role play if it becomes a n00b fest. I've done that before.