PDA

View Full Version : Ev!!!

ProdigyRT
07-11-2007, 04:14 AM
I have a question about EV's. I breed my pokemon alot, so if I take a level 1 charmander, and instead of battling, i give it the exp. share hold item, and then battle with other pokemon, does my charmander get EV's or only the pokemon that fought or what? basically i just want to know how to raise my charmander in levels without giving it and EV points.

dap4eva
07-11-2007, 04:19 AM
i think the best way would be put exp share on him and fight the elite 4 and he will level up pretty fast.

wanna battle and try to win? if u win u get a lv.100 legit moltres. thik u have wat it takes?:cool:

finallegacy
07-11-2007, 04:21 AM
WRONG!!! the exp share will make the pokemon holding gain the EV's as well. The only way to level it without gaining EV's is by rare candies and day-care. But there is no reason why you would want that, so why do you want to do this?

ProdigyRT
07-11-2007, 04:28 AM
wait, here is another question lol. say i have exp. share on chamander level 1. then i go and fight a pkm that only gives 1 EV point to attack. and i fight it using a totodile. does totodile and charmander each get 1 EV point?

finallegacy
07-11-2007, 04:30 AM
wait, here is another question lol. say i have exp. share on chamander level 1. then i go and fight a pkm that only gives 1 EV point to attack. and i fight it using a totodile. does totodile and charmander each get 1 EV point?

yes, that is right. but why would you want to not give your pokemon EV's?

Lord Fedora
07-11-2007, 04:30 AM
Yes. Now, as to your pokemon situation, do you have Emerald? Or if you don't, do you know the locations of some of the people who give you Berries? Because if so, then you can obtain the EV Berries. If you're pokemon's EVs are higher than 100 then it lowers them to one hundred, and then you can just use them ten more times and eliminate all of those EVs. There are six berries, one for each stat.

ProdigyRT
07-11-2007, 04:32 AM
ya i know about the berries, but i rather just EV train them perfectly the first time so i dun have to use berries :)

Lord Fedora
07-11-2007, 04:35 AM
ya i know about the berries, but i rather just EV train them perfectly the first time so i dun have to use berries :)
And you can do this with the Exp. Share. Just get a pokemon you don't ever intend to use for competitive battling or whom you have already maxed out EVs on, attach Exp. Share to your Charmander, and then go battle a Vs. Seeker Trainer with the right EV pokemon until it has enough. Then just repeat the process until it's maxed out on EVs.

ProdigyRT
07-11-2007, 04:38 AM
kk. last question is...if i raise a pokemon in daycare from level 1 to level 10. would the stats be the same as if i level the pokemon myself, by battling?

finallegacy
07-11-2007, 04:41 AM
no, because it didn't gain any EV's. However, the differences will be very minor since its only at level 10, but you will begin to notice the difference at higher levels. And you also have to consider IV's.

Pink Leon
07-11-2007, 04:41 AM

yes. my bro looks things up a lot. and its how i train which by the way
works.

troacctid
07-11-2007, 05:27 AM
The Exp. Share isn't really the best way to EV train. The most effective way is actually with pokérus and a Power Item. With Power Anklet and Pokérus, a single Magikarp gives you 10 speed EVs. :eek: