PDA

View Full Version : Am I EV trainingh right?

fLoEy
07-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Okay, so heres the thing, Im making a new party cuz my first one was not EV trained so im EV training Lucario and Gengar right now- Im in the haunted mansion fighting with Gengar and I have Lucario holding the exp. share so I get EV points for both. Is this right? Also, Gengar is lvl 66 and has not lvled up. Will I still get like +63 or w/e special attk when he eventually does lvl up? thanks

The Jr Trainer
07-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Okay, so heres the thing, Im making a new party cuz my first one was not EV trained so im EV training Lucario and Gengar right now- Im in the haunted mansion fighting with Gengar and I have Lucario holding the exp. share so I get EV points for both. Is this right? Also, Gengar is lvl 66 and has not lvled up. Will I still get like +63 or w/e special attk when he eventually does lvl up? thanks

They will slowly gain all there EV's till Lv100, and are you keeping track of you r EV's?

fLoEy
07-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Yeah im keeping track of them- so it is right then and im not wasting time doing something totally different?

troacctid
07-12-2007, 10:11 PM
It does work, but it's not as effective as using the Power Lens, which adds 4 special attack EVs to every battle. If you used that, you'd go much faster.

As for your Gengar, the extra 63 points don't refer to the gain you get in one level-up, they refer to the total gain your Gengar will see by lv100 as opposed to another lv100 Gengar with the same IV but no special attack EVs at all.

They will slowly gain all there EV's till Lv100, and are you keeping track of you r EV's?
Actually, they gain their EVs immediately upon gaining experience. It's their stats that will slowly increase.

Anyway, you might want to look at my EV training guide. (In my sig.) There's a good chance that some of the later sections especially will be very helpful to you.

fLoEy
07-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Okay thanks guys

The Jr Trainer
07-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Actually, they gain their EVs immediately upon gaining experience. It's their stats that will slowly increase.

That is what I meant.