PDA

View Full Version : Best Pokemon throughout the regions#1 the rats aka mice things.

Linoone
07-13-2007, 04:12 AM
Well it is
Rattata
Sentret
Poochyena/Zigzagoon
Bidoof

Which ones are your favorite?

Leman
07-13-2007, 04:16 AM
Rattata. Raticate is just better than the others, though still not great. Linoone is good too, with T-Wave/Belly Drum/Return/Rest. and it gets pick up.

Ketamine
07-13-2007, 04:17 AM
Ratatta, I just like it better than the others, Bidoof is ok, but ratatta for FEAR eggs :P

Poring
07-13-2007, 04:19 AM
I'm not talking strategy-wise, but I always liked Sentret and Zigzagoon. Linoone can be pretty good, but it's just because Zigzagoon is awesome. Same with Sentret.

Oh, and Zigzagoon also pwns because of this:

While sitting on the toilet, taking a dump of no small magnitude and pondering life's greater mysteries, I came to a realization which will change the face of rock and roll music forever.

Zigzagoon cannot move.

How can this be? Let us first consider Zigzagoon's FR/LG Pokedex entry. "A Pokémon with abundant curiosity. It shows an interest in everything, so it always zigs and zags." Let that sink in. Zigzagoon always zigs and zags. Let us consider the implications that phraseology implies.

By all reliable accounts (Wikipedia), zigzagging is a motion characterized by a series of line segments joined by acute angles. To zigzag, one must be able to travel between a straight line from one acute angle to the next. However, Zigzagoon always zigzags. Therefore, while attempting to complete one zig (or zag if you prefer), Zigzagoon would inevitably be led to zigzag. While attempting to complete one zig/zag of the zigzag used to obtain the desired motion (the zig/zag of the original zigzag), Zigzagoon must again be led to zigzag. And so on ad infinitum, Zigzagoon becomes stuck in an eternal Zeno's Paradox, unable to complete an infintestimal movement without infinite zigzags. As the number of zigzags increases, the total length zigzagged also increases; assuming a constant Zigzagoon velocity, it would take an infinite amount of time for Zigzagoon to take even a single step!

This contradicts our heuristic model of the Zigzagoon, that of a pokemon capable of taking steps. I therefore propose that the Pokedex entry is incorrect. Zigzagoons do not zigzag; they actually travel in a series of catenaries. Catenaries, as we all know, are capable of providing smooth rolling to square wheels (cf. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_wheel), and by all accounts of reputable pokemon historians, Zigzagoons evolved from square wheels and maintain many of their Protozoan ancestors' characteristics. I therefore propose that Zigzagoon be renamed Catenaroon.

I have seen the end. No one was spared, not even the children.

But Zeno's paradox is easily overcome. If we simply take a step back and view a Zigzagoon's motion from a macroscopic level and ignore the finer movements, we clearly view a zigzag motion. However, when we inspect it closer we see that each zig and zag is composed of more zigzags as you point out.

In a fractal-like pattern this continues. This is where quantum physics comes is. Once at ths subatomic level we can clearly see that even when a Zigzagoon appears to be moving in a series of straight lines, it's actually moving in a fractal pattern of zigzags. Quantum jitters account for the Planck scale movements, and beyond that point the ideas of distance and direction, as well as zigs and zags begins to break down as we leave space that adheres to euclidean geometry.

http://home.comcast.net/~amablue/pics/zigzag.png

(I found this on several websites. Looks like copypasta to me.)

Linoone
07-13-2007, 04:22 AM
I'm not talking strategy-wise, but I always liked Sentret and Zigzagoon. Linoone can be pretty good, but it's just because Zigzagoon is awesome. Same with Sentret.

Oh, and Zigzagoon also pwns because of this:

http://home.comcast.net/~amablue/pics/zigzag.png

(I found this on several websites. Looks like copypasta to me.)

That is to smart for me.....I don't get it?

Calypso
07-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Poochyena and Zigzagoon own, but neither of them are rats. Well, none of them are except Rattata for that matter. Wouldn't the correct phrase be rodents or something >.>''.

Professor Geoffrey
07-13-2007, 06:31 PM
Poochyena and Zigzagoon own, but neither of them are rats. Well, none of them are except Rattata for that matter. Wouldn't the correct phrase be rodents or something >.>''.

Not sure about that. After all, Poochyena is a dog, I don't know what Zigzagoon is, and Bidoof is a beaver, I think. So, rodent would only go for Ratatta and Sentret... I think. I choose Sentret, for obvious reasons.

Lugialord
07-14-2007, 03:04 AM
................ I don't like any of them. but if i had to choose...

~ Zigzagoon ~ cos it can pickup crap.

-PK
07-14-2007, 03:08 AM
I picked all of them except for Bidoof.

Willdudebotdood
07-14-2007, 12:32 PM
I like them all but i chose ratatta

MagmarMan
07-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Poochy isn't a rat.....

Rattata is the original rat. He/She wins.