PDA

View Full Version : Cloning: Good or Bad?

Ulazlo
07-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Just out of curiosity is there any bad side to using the cloning glitch in D/P like there was in gold/silver. Because I don't want to screw it up and find either all my hard earned legendaries are gone or my whole file is deleted. I was thinking of cloning a couple of my guys for trades but I just want to make sure that this isn't too dangerous.

Poring
07-13-2007, 08:12 PM
The worst thing that can happen is having a Pokemon deleted (Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaally unlikely, I'm not even sure it's possible). Or your Pokemon could be traded off on the GTS. There's a back-up save now so there's no need to worry about your file being deleted.

Pokedude378
07-13-2007, 08:35 PM
The worst thing that can happen is having a Pokemon deleted (Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaally unlikely, I'm not even sure it's possible). Or your Pokemon could be traded off on the GTS. There's a back-up save now so there's no need to worry about your file being deleted.

Actually, when I was trying to clone my Celebi, it disappeared into thin air...

Archeopterix
07-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Lies. Your pokemon can't disappear, unless you're stupid and request a pokemon other than Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus.

Ulazlo
07-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Don't you need to have seen one of those pokemon before though to request them?

Sly Swampert
07-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Lies. Your pokemon can't disappear, unless you're stupid and request a pokemon other than Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus.

He's right you know! When I clone I was put up my pokemon for Arceus Lv100 because no one does those deals on GTS so your pokemon your trying to clone doesn't get stolen!

Archeopterix
07-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Fourth generation event pokemon can't be traded over GTS. You can request them and deposit them, but they just won't trade.

charmeleonblaze
07-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Fourth generation event pokemon can't be traded over GTS. You can request them and deposit them, but they just won't trade.

Neither can under-leveled Pokemon. I always just do Dialga lv. 9 and under. The GTS knows if it's hacked or not by what lv. it is. That's why I couldn't trade my lv. 7 Deoxys or lv. 6 Kyogre, but I could trade all my Jirachis, who were mostly around lv. 8 or 9.

Archeopterix
07-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Neither can under-leveled Pokemon. I always just do Dialga lv. 9 and under. The GTS knows if it's hacked or not by what lv. it is. That's why I couldn't trade my lv. 7 Deoxys or lv. 6 Kyogre, but I could trade all my Jirachis, who were mostly around lv. 8 or 9.

I believe hackers can still trade them. I don't think GTS recognizes hacked pokemon in that sense, I have no pokemon under leveled like that, but if you say so. I see people trading stuff like level 9 Abomasnows all the time.

Lord Torterra
07-13-2007, 10:22 PM
bad. as said before, haxxorz can steal your cloned pokemon on gts. also, for me, all it does is sends the pokemon back to box.

Poring
07-13-2007, 11:41 PM
I believe hackers can still trade them. I don't think GTS recognizes hacked pokemon in that sense, I have no pokemon under leveled like that, but if you say so. I see people trading stuff like level 9 Abomasnows all the time.

I think it only works with legends. I've requested level 9 and under Deoxys every single time I cloned my shinies, and I haven't ever traded one off yet.

Lord Celebi
07-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Nope, as long as you're cloning smartly, nothing should go wrong.

andthenwekisss
07-14-2007, 02:04 AM
You could always go to Best Buy and get action replay for about 20 dollars, 30 dollars elsewhere, andclone with it. Thats what I got ar for and it works wonders