PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Power

Loyal Arcanine
01-03-2005, 04:09 PM
In RS en FRLG you can "choose", although it will take a long time, what type you want Hidden Power to be, with the EV thing. Is there a way to choose the type for Hidden Power on GSC?

TDD91
01-03-2005, 04:19 PM
The Hidden Power is set on what your IVs are, I dont think you can change the type of Hidden Power for a pokémon. (Except for on Netbattle)

Keeper_of_Light
01-21-2005, 11:12 AM
You cant change it once it has been set.

mlugia
01-21-2005, 01:57 PM
In RS en FRLG you can "choose", although it will take a long time, what type you want Hidden Power to be, with the EV thing. Is there a way to choose the type for Hidden Power on GSC?

Incorrect, the type for hidden power is actually dependent on the IVs of the pokemon in RS and FRLG, just as in GSC.

Finch
01-23-2005, 04:27 PM
It seems like I'm gonna be the only one who fully understands this question. Guess it was worded kinda funny :oops:

I think what ya meant to say was IV, not EV, as IV's are set when the pokemon appears and EV's are set when it is trained.

Different IV's not only affect your pokemon's stats, but also its hidden power. Calculators that tell you what kind of HP your monster has can be found on some pokemon sites but i think pokemon forever has a nice one set up as well as a good IV calculator to check those values. It's at http://www.pokefor.tk

This applies to both the Advance generation of games and GSC. Hope that answers the question!

mlugia
01-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Well, I did answer him partially :p

Anyways, to be able to choose, in GSC you'd definately have to have a lot of fun breeding, and you need to start with a good parent. (In most cases, just get a good Ditto =D)

Finch
01-23-2005, 04:38 PM
Just clarifying mlugia!

Don't use ditto if you want egg moves, and have a female pokemon. You need to get the egg moves learnt by the male and breed it with a female.

Perhaps I'm overcomplicating now, oh well.

Loyal Arcanine
01-26-2005, 04:48 PM
i just messed it up a bit in the question, but thnx :happy: