PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the simpsons??

Dragon01
07-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Well,
Do you like the simpsons??

Have you seen the episode when Lisa gets a restraining order on Bart??

Shadow Eevee
07-18-2007, 07:19 PM
They play that episode too much. Yes I've seen it. I'm planning on watching the movie.

Flammenwerfer
07-18-2007, 07:21 PM
They play that episode too much. Yes I've seen it. I'm planning on watching the movie.

Yeah, and I for sure am going to see the movie!

Did I save the day?
Actually, you doomed us all!
D'OH!

The Crimson Rose
07-18-2007, 07:32 PM
I do like the Simpsons, and I do plan on watching the move when it comes.

Lucavi
07-18-2007, 08:21 PM
It's lost the touch for a long time now, imo. Ever since season 7, it started going downhill pretty fast, but they were great in their golden times

Diesel 34
07-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Like? I LOVE THE SIMPSONS!

Phantom Kat
07-18-2007, 08:55 PM
I don't see it much, only when I go to my friend's house, but I like it though I prefer Futurama.

Palkiaperson
07-18-2007, 09:05 PM
My mom doesn't let me watch futurama, I don't like that show anyway, but alas I LOVE ZEH SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stardy
07-18-2007, 10:05 PM
My mom doesn't let me watch futurama, I don't like that show anyway, but alas I LOVE ZEH SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Futerama is mint! better than simpsons, but im planning on see'in the movie anyway

Ditto95
07-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Yes, Yes I do.

Emeralddye58
07-18-2007, 10:15 PM
yah the Simpsons are great can't wait until the movie comes out

Myst3rio565
07-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Of course I do, I love it. My favorite episode? "Homer Goes to Space". Homer's famous line 'D'OH!' is one of the most noticed catchphrases, along with Fonzi's 'Aye!' and Quagmire's 'Giggity, Giggity' lol, Homer... I'm just syched about the movie, seeing them on the silverscreen, allright.

Spriting Queen
07-19-2007, 12:31 AM
I used to watch the Simpsons every day until i got bored of re-runs that i saw 5 times each. I missed the 400th episode. :( I will be going to the Simpsons' Movie as it looks hilarious. Bart is my favorite character of them all. Homer is too funny too D'Oh!

Darkria111
07-19-2007, 12:35 AM
We'll never find the treasure! What the treasure??!! The treasure of I'm a weiner. I'M A WEINER?? HA HA HA

Tory vs Meaty II
07-19-2007, 07:14 AM
Meh. I hate this show. I turn it so the ratings won't rise. Family Guy? Now that's much better.

Shiny Loser
07-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Meh. I hate this show. I turn it so the ratings won't rise. Family Guy? Now that's much better.
NO, Family Guy is not much better. It's worse.

Simpsons is good, but it's PG and doesn't get extreme enough. Family Guy is extreme but it's really hard to laugh at it, because the jokes have no relation to the plot.

Simpsons is more of reserved humor, which is good when you need some cooling down. I'm going to watch the movie, it's gotta be at least 3/4s as good as the South Park Movie.

South Park for the win. You just can't fight the pwnness.

ovi_one
07-20-2007, 03:03 PM
simpsons is getting worse. that 24 parody episode couldve been better. family guy is complete garbage now. but south park just keeps getting better. the WOW episode, the 300 episode, the homeless people episode, etc. were all very funny. south park is the only one of those shows that hasnt changed its overall tone.

charmeleonblaze
07-21-2007, 01:55 AM

I feel the exact same way. The Simpsons is like a ripoff of Family Guy, except it's older.

Kenny
07-21-2007, 03:54 AM
Simpsons lost its touch a long time ago.

Family Guy lost its touch, too. Peter acts like a 5-year-old, and Stewie turned gay.

lucky5511
07-21-2007, 04:07 AM
I love the simpsons, I can't wait for the movie to come out.

Pokemonstrosity
07-21-2007, 04:25 AM
The golden era has past, but they still manage to pull out a couple great episodes a season.
Yeah, I like it... still... most of the time.

Did anyone else's local 7-11 turn into a kwik E mart?
A few did around here. It's an awesome promotion.
They had a complete set of signage made up, inside & out.
The Slurpees are now Squishies. And they're selling stuff like Buzz Cola & Krusty Os. (http://www.7-eleven.com/kem.asp)

The Simpsons is like a ripoff of Family Guy, except it's older.
This is beautiful whether it's sarcasm or stupidity.

Berserk Gene
07-21-2007, 04:35 AM
i like familiy guy, but anyone with half a brain could tell that they get alot of ideas from the simpsons.

I mean, alot of shows get ideas from the simpsons. Hell, pokemon does.

Lisa, or weavile? YOU be the judge!
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3269/lisaweavileqj4.gif

lucky5511
07-21-2007, 04:37 AM
i like familiy guy, but anyone with half a brain could tell that they get alot of ideas from the simpsons.

I mean, alot of shows get ideas from the simpsons. Hell, pokemon does.

Lisa, or weavile? YOU be the judge!
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3269/lisaweavileqj4.gif

I say lisa with a messed up hair dew!

Yggdrasill
07-21-2007, 07:27 PM
I used to like the Simpsons, but the producers are running out of ideas. Homer isn't as funny as he used to be. =/
Family Guy is the funniest, but a lot jokes are just random most of the time.
I really, really hate South Park as well, way too repetitive.

Simply put, Futurama beats all of them.

zizix
07-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Ditto! I can't wait to see the movie.

Go! Spider Pig!!!:)

Shiny Loser
07-22-2007, 01:28 PM
simpsons is getting worse. that 24 parody episode couldve been better. family guy is complete garbage now. but south park just keeps getting better. the WOW episode, the 300 episode, the homeless people episode, etc. were all very funny. south park is the only one of those shows that hasnt changed its overall tone.
Z.O.M.G. The homeless episode. GOD! That was so freakin' funny.

"The homeless feed solely on our change. They somehow turn our change into nourishment."

"Before long, the homeless could buy their own apartments. Then we had no idea about who was homeless and who wasn't!"

LOL.

Anyway, back on topic, people say Family Guy is a ripoff on the Simpsons, it uses a lot of the same jokes. I wonder what you FG fans think?

marcusc_123
07-23-2007, 10:12 PM

i agree with him/her simpson has just got really boring latly famly guy rules

Legacy
07-29-2007, 06:50 AM
Was the movie any good?

Tory vs Meaty II
07-29-2007, 07:00 AM
I have to be honest. I did liked the Simpsons in the 90's. And I only like the 90's episodes, there much more better. Now I don't like the Simpsons how it is today. It's just lame now, they ran out of ideas. But for South Park, the keep getting better. This is my opinon of South Park Seasons:

South Park:

1st Season: Good
2nd Season: Good
3rd Season: Okay
4th Season: Great
5th Season: Great
6th Season: Great
7th Season: Great
8th Season: Great
9th Season: Great
10th Season: Very Great
11th Season: Very Great (and not quite finish yet).
12th Season: (this will be the last season).

Callum
07-29-2007, 08:51 AM
I used to like the Simpsons, but now the humour is just old. Especially the older episodes. The newer ones are ok, and I like to watch them. For some strange reason, the older eps seem to get prime time TV, so I end up watching them anyway.

Todd6
07-29-2007, 09:29 AM
I love them so much the movie was so funny.

Shiny Loser
07-29-2007, 02:28 PM
I have to be honest. I did liked the Simpsons in the 90's. And I only like the 90's episodes, there much more better. Now I don't like the Simpsons how it is today. It's just lame now, they ran out of ideas. But for South Park, the keep getting better. This is my opinon of South Park Seasons:

South Park:

1st Season: Good
2nd Season: Good
3rd Season: Okay
4th Season: Great
5th Season: Great
6th Season: Great
7th Season: Great
8th Season: Great
9th Season: Great
10th Season: Very Great
11th Season: Very Great (and not quite finish yet).
12th Season: (this will be the last season).
I didn't watch one espiode of Season Three. I think the early seasons were quite dumb, but starting from the 4th season it starts to get REALLY satirical. The sixth season was the greatest.

marcusc_123
07-29-2007, 08:55 PM
I love them so much the movie was so funny.

is that simpsons movie or the south park one
i really want to see the simpsons one lol

theEND
07-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Most of these comedies are getting out of hand.

The Simpsons - Like many others said, it started to lose its touch somewhere along the lines in time. I used to watch it a lot, and you could expect that there were lots of laughs in the atmosphere where I watched from.

South Park - South Park, now a days, uses more and more explicit language, ideas, and screen time for each and every episode that progresses the episode lining. I think I hear 10 times the usage of swear words in the current episodes than I did back in the day. Several genres are funny, but I haven't really got that much of a laugh out of it.

Family Guy - Don't get me wrong. While Family Guy is still really funny, the fact is, they're running low on ideas when it comes to those "cutaway gags" that the show is pretty much centered on. These cutaway gags are also getting more and more random as they go, and hardly do much with the episode's story, anyhow. Family Guy is losing its originality here and there, but I still respect how it's still going these days.

Futurama - Practically my favorite out of the four. I like how Futurama doesn't use cutaway gags to get me to laugh, and how funny it can get when you least expect it. The Professor is awesome. O_____O

EDIT: @ Thread title: Somewhat.

DratiniLover
07-29-2007, 09:47 PM
The Simpsons is funny! I'll watch the simpsons movie when it comes out on DVD or video.

Palkiaperson
07-29-2007, 10:20 PM
I just got back from watching the movie. Every one in the theater was laughing, especially when Bart was skateboarding nude..............

marcusc_123
07-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Most of these comedies are getting out of hand.

The Simpsons - Like many others said, it started to lose its touch somewhere along the lines in time. I used to watch it a lot, and you could expect that there were lots of laughs in the atmosphere where I watched from.

South Park - South Park, now a days, uses more and more explicit language, ideas, and screen time for each and every episode that progresses the episode lining. I think I hear 10 times the usage of swear words in the current episodes than I did back in the day. Several genres are funny, but I haven't really got that much of a laugh out of it.

Family Guy - Don't get me wrong. While Family Guy is still really funny, the fact is, they're running low on ideas when it comes to those "cutaway gags" that the show is pretty much centered on. These cutaway gags are also getting more and more random as they go, and hardly do much with the episode's story, anyhow. Family Guy is losing its originality here and there, but I still respect how it's still going these days.

Futurama - Practically my favorite out of the four. I like how Futurama doesn't use cutaway gags to get me to laugh, and how funny it can get when you least expect it. The Professor is awesome. O_____O

EDIT: @ Thread title: Somewhat.

arww i love family guy lol its amazing
but simpson has got really boring lately i like the old episodes i think there quite funny

JasonDeLima
07-30-2007, 05:41 PM
I've watched maybe 5 episodes of the Simpsons, and never found it funny. The commercial for the movie keeps on annoying me.

MagmarMan
07-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Not as much as I once did but yes, I like the Simpsons.

The movie was really good though!

SuperT
08-07-2007, 03:58 AM
no