PDA

View Full Version : Anime Info

Steven
03-15-2004, 07:32 AM
Can people fill me in on some stuff? I've recently started watching animes and I'm lost on some of them on where they're at.

.hack//: that is a confusing show. I know some stuff like BT is BLT without the lettuce, this boy with white hair can't log out with a protecter who died?, mimiru is a girl with a big sword, Bear is this guy with blue on his face, there is this girl with blue hair who controls all these guys with silver masks and red eyes who hold the laws in the world. I just don't understand what things they do.

Knights of the Zodiac: I kinda know what's going on here, this guy just killed this other guy with a shield and there are these steel knights and stuff, but I don't really like the show... don't know why.

Kenshin: Neat show, I know what's happening. I picked up right away. he recently killed this big guy with a wind sword and the master got his hand cut and can't use his hand for sword fighting. I just want to know some stuff about Kenshin's past, like his scar and what he used to be like, cause they always call him the man slaughtering batosi, or something like that.

Thanks for who ever helps me. I just want to start watching them cause they are pretty cool.

Devil Princess#1
03-17-2004, 10:54 PM
Can people fill me in on some stuff? I've recently started watching animes and I'm lost on some of them on where they're at.

.hack//: that is a confusing show. I know some stuff like BT is BLT without the lettuce, this boy with white hair can't log out with a protecter who died?, mimiru is a girl with a big sword, Bear is this guy with blue on his face, there is this girl with blue hair who controls all these guys with silver masks and red eyes who hold the laws in the world. I just don't understand what things they do.

Knights of the Zodiac: I kinda know what's going on here, this guy just killed this other guy with a shield and there are these steel knights and stuff, but I don't really like the show... don't know why.

Kenshin: Neat show, I know what's happening. I picked up right away. he recently killed this big guy with a wind sword and the master got his hand cut and can't use his hand for sword fighting. I just want to know some stuff about Kenshin's past, like his scar and what he used to be like, cause they always call him the man slaughtering batosi, or something like that.

Thanks for who ever helps me. I just want to start watching them cause they are pretty cool.

KENSHIN IS CALLED THE BATOSI BECAUSE DURING THE REVOLTION HE KILLED ALOT OF PEOLE AND NO ONE COULD KILL HIM

Aiya Quackform
03-25-2004, 08:39 AM

Ah, yes. Rurouni Kenshin is my absolute favorite anime. You caught it in about the middle of the first season. The back story is VERY important to the series, so I'll fill you in a little.

Kenshin Himura was once known as Battousai the Manslayer, the most feared and murderous of the Manslayers of the Meiji Revolution. Now, ten years later, here is having taken a vow never to kill again and possibly the sweetest guy on the planet. The war hardened his heart into the Battousai, and he killed possibly hundreds of people. At the end of the revolution, he took the vow never to kill again. The essence of the story is why that's so, how that past affects him. It's really a beatiful series. Escpecially once you get to the second season which is much more continuous. I would tell you why Kenshin is the way he is, but that'll spoil the series. SO NO ONE TELL HIM WHY!!!

Oh, and Sanosuke's past is important too. He was a kid during the revolution, but in short, the man he looked up to was murdered as a scapegoat to save the new Meiji government's face. So now, he hates the Meiji and all imperialists. Until he meets Kenshin, anyway. If you can, you shoud REALLY try to see the first 6 episodes. They explain alot. The three after that also explain stuff that happens in the second season.

PS: Are you seeing Kenshin off TV? If so, what channel?