PDA

View Full Version : The Political Game - Round 2: Re-election! [Round 4]

Charbok
07-20-2007, 06:20 PM
That's right folks! The Political Game is back and hopefully better than last time, however without Felicia and LZ I don't think It'll be as funny. The rules are pretty mush the same as last round, with a few minor adjustments to items and such, as well as a few surprises in store. Let's get this show on the road!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t198/alebeska/pgbanner.png

Ever wanted to be an evil, sneaky, cruel, manipulative jerk?
Well here's your chance! You get to be a politician!!!

Here's how it works:
-Each Contestant gets to be a politician, with a unique name, personality and views on this worlds main problems.
-The Number of contestants will vary depending on how many sign-up, but I will not let it go past 30 (Like that'll ever happen)

Rules:
1. No, absolutely no, making fun of any real politicians. If you absolutley must, then keep it minimal so as this doesnt turn into a flame war. This is the most important rule and it must be followed.
2. Don't get mad if someone makes fun of you. This is what politics is all about, making fun of people and bribing those who don't respond to that.
3. Anything is allowed. Threats, bribery and trickery are all allowed. But nothing really extreme that will hurt someones actual life. This means if you know the person in real life and you know some secret about them, you can't threaten to tell if they don't quit out of the race for "president". If any of this happens just PM me and they will be ejected from the game.

Rounds:
Sign-Up Round: This is the preliminary round in which everyone just signs up (hence the name) Generally there isnt any trickery allowed in this round.

Preliminary Round: This is the round where all of the evilness begins. Threats and Bribery can be used in this round. This is where you try and force people to leave the race by bribing them with things (ie: Banners, Avatars, or anything else you can think of)

Debates: Debates come twice a week and after every debate the date of the next debate will be announced. Me and my close-knit group of conspiritors will determine who debated the best and who debated the worst. Debates are rated on a scale of 1-10. 10 being the best. Whoever gets the highest score wins the debate and the prize. I will ask a question, then wait a day or two, preferably one, untill all politicians have posted. Then I will deside which politician gave the best answer, and he/ she get's the points.

If you debate the best: Congratulations! You win a hint at what the next debate will be about so you can prepare (oh yea i forgot, politicians don't prepare for anything these days). Anyway, make good use of it. Also, you win things to help you along the way toward total. Things include: Propaganda, Television Ads, Billboards, etc. all meant to help you get more votes. These will be detailed more below.

If you debate worst: Congratulations, people will no longer look at you as a piece of dirty slime! You lose the race for the new "president".

If you fail to debate at all: You and anyone else who failed to participate will be put up for random elimination and one of you will get disqualified.

Finals: This round is the final round in the game. The last 2 or 3 politicians will be put on a list for which all of the eliminated contestants, me, the public, and my council will vote for one of them. The one with the most votes wins the title of president.*

ITEMS:
Items can be won through the winning of a debate and can be used for almost anything.
Propaganda: This is used to convince the public that a said target has done some pretty bad things in his/her past. The target will be docked 2 points on an upcomning debate or, if you want, docked 3 votes in the final round.
Television Advertisment: Good thing television is so popular these days eh? Some people vote for whos name they hear the most and dont pay any attention to the debates lucky for you. This gains you anywhere form 1-2 points in a debate, or if you chose 2-4 votes in the final round.
Billboard: Same as the Television statement, but to a lesser degree. 1 Point in a debate, 1-2 votes.
Impeachment: Uhoh! The public heard those dirty little rumors! This allows the user to target 3 contestants, and one of those three will be randomly eliminated.
Door-to-Door: You really wanna win don't you? This item is risky, you automatically lose 6 points on the next debate since you were late because you were busy going door-to-door getting support. HOWEVER! It gains you an automatic 6-7 points in the next debate (That's really good) or a whopping 10 votes in the final round. This item is succeptable to being removed if I find that it's too unfair.

Alright, lets go.

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/8587/politicianbannerff2.png
Diesel 34
Canus Lupis
stardyab
Peekaboo Pikachu
Deoxys200
Karmachameleon {-2 due to Propoganda}
Sent Reglay
Cogi276
earth_type_rule

A huge thanks to Shiny Loser for all the great banners. Visit her shop, she's amazing!

Diesel 34
07-20-2007, 06:49 PM
I want to sign up. Is there a form I need to fill out?

Stinky
07-20-2007, 06:52 PM
I too would like to run for president.

...Is this by any chance tied in with the President of the DCC?

Charbok
07-20-2007, 06:58 PM
I want to sign up. Is there a form I need to fill out?
No forms, just your name. *Added*
I too would like to run for president.

...Is this by any chance tied in with the President of the DCC?

This is in no way tied to that pointless crap. *Added*

Diesel 34
07-20-2007, 07:14 PM
I wish that someone would spell my name right for once.

Charbok
07-21-2007, 09:46 PM
I wish that someone would spell my name right for once.

You know what! I've had enough of this preposterous attitude of yours! Just because I wasn't kind enough to read your name correctly doesn't mean I'm not kind! (Lol)
*Goes to change his name*

Stardy
07-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Can I have a shot at this? it looks intresting........

Shozuka
07-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Alright. I'll try this 'ne

Charbok
07-21-2007, 11:33 PM
Can I have a shot at this? it looks intresting........

No problem. *Added*

Groudon_fan
07-21-2007, 11:43 PM
I was At My Grama's House last round.

I'M IN AGAIN.

Charbok
07-22-2007, 02:18 AM
Alright. I'll try this 'ne
Mmkay *Added*
I was At My Grama's House last round.

I'M IN AGAIN.

Good, I was hoping you'd see this and join. *Added*

Negative Zone
07-22-2007, 02:45 AM
Well, it's summer now, so I should have more time. Sign me Up. :D

Charbok
07-22-2007, 04:02 AM
Well, it's summer now, so I should have more time. Sign me Up. :D

Alrighty, too bad I can't have this only in the summer because of WAR.
*Added*

Linoone
07-22-2007, 04:07 AM
Huhm...can I join please? This sounds fun.

Charbok
07-22-2007, 04:10 AM
Huhm...can I join please? This sounds fun.

Absolutely positively! *Added*

Phantasm.Angel
07-23-2007, 05:30 PM
It's about time you got season 2 going. I've been waiting so long.
I'm in

Charbok
07-23-2007, 06:22 PM
It's about time you got season 2 going. I've been waiting so long.
I'm in

I had to wait for WAR to end.
*added*

karmachameleon
07-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Sign me up, should be fun.

Charbok
07-27-2007, 03:08 AM
Sign me up, should be fun.

Blah-Blah-Blah, you're in.

Sent Reglay
07-31-2007, 12:14 AM
I want to be a politician.

Cogi276
07-31-2007, 12:28 AM
Ill joni in should be fun

~Cogi~

karmachameleon
07-31-2007, 03:03 AM
I will pawn all of you nubbs.

Charbok
07-31-2007, 04:25 PM
I want to be a politician.
*Dedda* .Ni er'uoY

Charbok
07-31-2007, 10:53 PM
Ill joni in should be fun

~Cogi~

Oh, and you're in too.
A little longer until I close Sign-Ups.

karmachameleon
08-02-2007, 07:12 PM
When is it going to start?

Charbok
08-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Never! Hahaha!
I guess I'll start it tomorrow.

earth_type_rule
08-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Oh shiz, there can't be a Re-election without the current president! Sorry for the late view, though. I'm in. If I don't win, then Karma will.

Charbok
08-04-2007, 05:43 PM
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t198/alebeska/pgbanner.png

Alright folks, here we go again.
It took an extra day than I thought but it's going now so shut up, sit back, and lie cheat and steal your way to the top.

Let's take a look at the rules a second time, make sure you read them thoroughly (or, if you're like our current president, pretend to read and stutter and mumble your way through the speech)

Rules:
1. No, absolutely no, making fun of any real politicians. If you absolutley must, then keep it minimal so as this doesnt turn into a flame war. This is the most important rule and it must be followed.
2. Don't get mad if someone makes fun of you. This is what politics is all about, making fun of people and bribing those who don't respond to that.
3. Anything is allowed. Threats, bribery and trickery are all allowed. But nothing really extreme that will hurt someones actual life. This means if you know the person in real life and you know some secret about them, you can't threaten to tell if they don't quit out of the race for "president". If any of this happens just PM me and they will be ejected from the game.

Let's get this going, you know the rules and you know what to do so let's go.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/7122/debatebannerfn8.png

Topic:
"Hello contestants, welcome to the first round! Here's the debate topic":

As we all know, there is a huge problem facing the world today: Abnormal Births.
More and more people are gicing birth to "abnormal" children. These children are vicious and uncontrolable, so we kill them. Scientists are using as much power as they can to figure out the source of these "strange babies" and have all come to the same conclusion: Alien Invasion. We need to stop these babies from being birthed, but how?

karmachameleon
08-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Wow, this is a serious problem, it could possibly affect all of humankind. I suggest we invest more money into research to find out exactly what is making all of those babies kill people. If we can't figure it out, we should protect the world from alien invasion by building a huge, concrete sphere covering the world from 50 miles out. It would have really small, millimeter-wide holes dotted all over it so the suns rays could get through.Now, the negative side affects aside, this would probably stop the aliens from killing us, unless they can magically transport anywhere, which would make us screwed anyways. Now to cover the negative side effects. I know it will be really sad not seeing the moon and stars, but forget them, we can paint some stars on the inside of the giant sphere. It would also render space travel useless, but if we make it so the sphere could open up sometimes, that won't hinder the progress of space travel at all.

Basically, to sum it all up:
-Try and make peace with the aliens while figuring out how to reverse the abnormalities medically,

and if that doesn't work,

-Build a huge sphere 50 miles outside of the Earth's atmosphere so the aliens can't get to us, while sometimes opening up a small opening so we can discover more about space.

earth_type_rule
08-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Serious problem indeed. These "alien babies" could be a threat to our nation. If these babies would survive, then they will clear out the human race as we speak. Though, the source is from out of space, we can't reach them and exterminate them. My idea is to let Microsoft and NASA co-op, and create a missile which can fly at high speed and can fly at the source of these aliens. Then we blow up their planet using this missile.

Though, this plan will take some time to create. We will need to kill all those babies. The following idea should prevent more babies from comming and make sure the aliens can't do their invasion plot. We need to either plug up every women's ****** or every women must atleast swallow 5 anti-birth pills.

Advantage for the first idea, is that the alien can't put his fishies in the woman's fishboll. The womb remains safe and clear, and will not give birth to a child. A disadvantage lays before the men. They can't have their needs up the woman anymore. Though, most of the men will find the other hole also fine

The second idea is more simple. The woman swallows 5 anti-birth pills a day. The pills will kill the alien fishies, preventing birth. Though, if the woman swallow too much of this, they can become addicted to it.if they get addicted, they will never be able to get children again, thus stopping the progress of adding new people to the planet.

Untill this missile is made to destroy the aliens, these two plans are most logical.

Charbok
08-04-2007, 09:37 PM
New Information:
These babies are human, but are infected with a virus known as "H.U.M.L.E.K.E.R." (Hideous, Unholy, Maiden-Lacerating, Explorer-Kidnapping Enigma of Rage) and rests in the brain stem, causing the victim to grow more violent as time passes.
Original Location: Unknown

Cogi276
08-04-2007, 09:49 PM
These abonomaly birth childen or "Alien Babies", As my less sophisticated opponents call them, Can turn out to be a serious issue. I say we find the source of these abnormaly birthed childen by putting lots of reserch money into it. Then once we finds the source of it we stamp it out. To do this I say we form a research to to examine them and discover there orgin. We would then send a diplomatic team to try to make peace with the sourses. If they refuse to be peacefull we must eliminate them by force calling the armies if we must

~Cogi~

earth_type_rule
08-05-2007, 08:44 AM
New Information:
These babies are human, but are infected with a virus known as "H.U.M.L.E.K.E.R." (Hideous, Unholy, Maiden-Lacerating, Explorer-Kidnapping Enigma of Rage) and rests in the brain stem, causing the victim to grow more violent as time passes.

If we do no know of the information from this virus, then we just need to donate all the babies to science. They are the only ones who can discover this virus. And to make sure people don't hide their babies, and raise them till they are unstoppable, we must make a stop to the human multiplication!

Charbok
08-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Come on oyu pansies!
Post like you've never posted before!

Stardy
08-06-2007, 06:12 PM
New Information:
We need the cure!

First find the source of where it started, get all FBI agents and Sciantists on the case!
next send the infect'd Babys to sciantists (Spelling) to try and find a cure.
Donate money to there research.
If they fail, train them in our armies for future wars.

Diesel 34
08-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Charbok. I'm dropping out due to unforseen events.

Charbok
08-07-2007, 04:13 AM
Charbok. I'm dropping out due to unforseen events.

Alright, *Diesal Out*
Just as a forewarning, that will not count as an elimination.
Those who don't post can still be eliminated.

earth_type_rule
08-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Just a question, but how long is this round gonna take? Last time it was only a day orso.

Charbok
08-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Just a question, but how long is this round gonna take? Last time it was only a day orso.

Sorry, I've been busy. These rounds are gonna be 2 days.
*Round ended*
Results up in a minute.

Charbok
08-07-2007, 04:22 PM
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/915/resultsbannerqm3.png

The overview works like this:
-The more posts you have, the more points you get (assuming that the posts are relevant).
-Longer posts generally get you more points.
-Double Posting does not deduct you points. If you can avoid it, please do.
-Scores are on a scale of 10. 1 being the worst, 10 being the best.

Overview
karmachameleon: 8/10. For only one post, it worked well. A few problems though: Money for the giant sphere comes from where? Money for research comes from where? Explain every detail thouroghly. Made me laugh though "I know it will be really sad not seeing the moon and stars, but forget them, we can paint some stars on the inside of the giant sphere." Laughable.
earth_type_rule: 8/10. 1st post: How do you know that the aliens are in outer space? The location is unknown remember. You get 8/10 simply for mor ehtan one post, and the quality of posts.
Cogi: 7/10. You have potential, I'll admit, but your posts need to be longer and more explained. You remind me a bit of another contestant we have last season.
stardyab: 6/10. A few problems, 1. Spelling (Not a huge deal, use Microsoft word to check it) 2. Not explained enough. 3. Not long enough.

Verdict...
Not a real easy round to decide, but not too hard either. The winner, by a very small margin is karmachameleon and his crazy, but well written ideas.

Congratulations, you've won a Billboard

Since a good chunk of the contestants did not participate, there will be a...
Random Elimination!
Here are the contestants followed by their numbers for elimination:
Sent Reglay (1)
Linoone (2)
Deoxys200 (3)
Groudon_fan (4)
Peekaboo Pikachu (5)
Canis Lupus (6)
On a random roll of 1-6, a 2 was rolled and Linoone realized that being president takes smarts and work, contrary to what our current president lead him to believe.

Have a great day, and prepare for tomorrows round 2.

karmachameleon
08-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Ha, Pawned!

I'll save the billboard for the last round.

earth_type_rule
08-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Well, not exactly pawnt though :P I need to get the funny in and the logic out now. Since my logic doesn't win this :|

Charbok
08-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Well, not exactly pawnt though :P I need to get the funny in and the logic out now. Since my logic doesn't win this :|

Your logic worked fine, it wasn't the funny that won him the round. My ruling is final.

Charbok
08-08-2007, 05:30 PM

Let's get things rolling with debate number two! We had better have a larger turout than we had last debate, which only had 4 people. PM's will be sent to all contestants and whatnot to alert them off the next round. But without further ado, let's get this party rolling!

Topic: Recently the A.S.U. (The Angry State Union) found a bottle with a message in it off the coast of Lake Roirepus which is one of the biggest lakes in the world. The message can be found here. (http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5360/paperfq9.jpg)
Your job is decide if it is lake horror, or lake hoax. After that, you must propose an appropriate line of action to rescue, or apprehend, the victim, or suspect. There is one truth, and you must find it. This is gonna be a strange scenario since it isn't so much a debate, as a decision of how to spend your money. You have One Million Dollars and you can choose exactly how you want to spend it. No rules, just find out the truth.

earth_type_rule
08-08-2007, 05:55 PM
One million? I think that would be plenty. First, I'd send this piece of paper to the FBI. They can try to unlock this handwriting, since I can't. Since the FBI works for me, I'll get no charges. Though, they will need a reward for the hard working, so I'll give them a thousand for each man/woman which had to help find this handwriting out. So that would be a total of $ 20.000,- ( leaves with $ 980.000,- ).

After finding out what the message says ( something with Submarine Crash -GW3 ), I would send out an two elite teams. They will use their leetness to look underwater and smell the scent of the bottle ( yes, appearantly they can from behind that diving glasses ). This will cost some more, but it will get some results. Total of $ 300.000,- ( Leaves with $ 680.000 ).

After finding out from which lake it's from, we will send a rescue squad to save them from their situation. If there are enemies, our army can shoot them down, or throw a couple of bombs on them ( Bombs only allowed if the people, who where in need, are saved ). Then we take them to the hospital for check-ups and sertain opperations. All costs for this could be somewhat $ 650.000,- ( leaves us with $ 30.000,- )

The remainings of the cash can be used for medical researches, or build a mini-mall :D

Cogi276
08-08-2007, 05:58 PM

Let's get things rolling with debate number two! We had better have a larger turout than we had last debate, which only had 4 people. PM's will be sent to all contestants and whatnot to alert them off the next round. But without further ado, let's get this party rolling!

Topic: Recently the A.S.U. (The Angry State Union) found a bottle with a message in it off the coast of Lake Roirepus which is one of the biggest lakes in the world. The message can be found here. (http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5360/paperfq9.jpg)
Your job is decide if it is lake horror, or lake hoax. After that, you must propose an appropriate line of action to rescue, or apprehend, the victim, or suspect. There is one truth, and you must find it. This is gonna be a strange scenario since it isn't so much a debate, as a decision of how to spend your money. You have One Million Dollars and you can choose exactly how you want to spend it. No rules, just find out the truth.

Alright about $200 K needs to be spent on desiphering exactly what it says. Then once deciphered it it turns out to be truely a person in need a rescue team to be set up with $500 K to rescue the person and to find them. Then we would also need to send an reinforcements squad incase of the person being sabortaged or attacked. We would spend $250 K on the reinforcements. That leaves $50 to do somthing good for the enviorant.

~Cogi~

Charbok
08-08-2007, 06:12 PM
The results of lab test and whatnot will be PMed to you.
Such as what the the FBI decifered and whatnot.

Cogi276
08-08-2007, 06:26 PM
In light of the new results from the FBI I have a new plan of action. The $500 K will be spent on geting a diving search and rescue team A.S.A.P. The $250 K for reinforcements will be spent on getting the navy to search the lake in case of threats for those w wanted to search the lake. The $50 K will then be used to clean up the wreakage of the insident of where the note came from.

~Cogi~

earth_type_rule
08-08-2007, 06:36 PM
With the FBI results given, I stay by my plan.

Charbok
08-08-2007, 07:01 PM
With the FBI results given, I stay by my plan.

Good enough.

The results of your next actions will once again, be PMed to you.

Sent Reglay
08-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I spend 900K to spread propoganda that the lake doesn't exist, and the other 100K to make it look like I care.

Charbok
08-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I spend 900K to spread propoganda that the lake doesn't exist, and the other 100K to make it look like I care.

Absolutely Genius. The lake is visited by millions every single day, and you expect them all to just stop?

Cogi276
08-08-2007, 07:16 PM
In light of more new info I am calling off the search for the time being having the Navy scan the lake for any at or if they can find the sub better than the divers.

~Cogi~

earth_type_rule
08-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Since my leet team has found nothing other then a sea shell, I must change my plan. With my current money left till the leet team ( which is $ 680.000,- ), I must send Submarines with heat vision to try and locate the victims. As our Budget is getting low, we must trust on this one to get results. If not, then I must take matters into my own hands. *pays $ 300.000,-* ( leaves with $ 380.000,-

Charbok
08-08-2007, 07:31 PM
In light of more new info I am calling off the search for the time being having the Navy scan the lake for any at or if they can find the sub better than the divers.

~Cogi~
You don't have alot of money left. But whatever.
Since my leet team has found nothing other then a sea shell, I must change my plan. With my current money left till the leet team ( which is $ 680.000,- ), I must send Submarines with heat vision to try and locate the victims. As our Budget is getting low, we must trust on this one to get results. If not, then I must take matters into my own hands. *pays $ 300.000,-* ( leaves with $ 380.000,-
Okey-daisy.

Cogi276
08-08-2007, 07:34 PM
You don't have alot of money left. But whatever.

I had already called in the navy so they should still work for me.

~Cogi~

Charbok
08-08-2007, 07:36 PM
I had already called in the navy so they should still work for me.

~Cogi~

I guess. I have the final decision though.

Cogi276
08-08-2007, 07:38 PM
I guess. I have the final decision though.

Upon my new examination of the lake I send my team of rescuing divers to examine what was found.

~Cogi~

Charbok
08-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Upon my new examination of the lake I send my team of rescuing divers to examine what was found.

~Cogi~

Alrighty. Here goes nothing.

earth_type_rule
08-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Well, as the infrared just found the giant squid ( which we sold to science for $ 50.000 ), we must think something out. Maybe we need to manipulate whales into searching for us. Though, we need a Whale expert for it to do it. The whale then get's instructions and looks for the sub with his family/group. A whale expert is not often seen lately, so the price is high enough for the man. $ 100.000 off ( leaves with $ 330.000,- thanks to the squid picture )

Cogi276
08-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Alright the $50 K I set aside for the clean-up to remove the sub from the lake and have the FBI examine it along with the glass shards.

~Cogi~

Stinky
08-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Well, if it is indeed a true "submarine crash," (Decoded by moi, I don't need that FBI) I will start by spending 450k to search the lake and any nearby rivers, to see if any submarine parts have been found.

I am now left with 550k.

Charbok
08-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Well, if it is indeed a true "submarine crash," (Decoded by moi, I don't need that FBI) I will start by spending 450k to search the lake and any nearby rivers, to see if any submarine parts have been found.

I am now left with 550k.

You must be a genius to be able to read that.

Cogi276
08-09-2007, 02:03 AM
You must be a genius to be able to read that.

Alright I use the $50 K I set aside for the clean-up to remove the sub from the lake and have the FBI examine it along with the glass shards.

~Cogi~

Charbok
08-09-2007, 02:37 AM
Alright I use the $50 K I set aside for the clean-up to remove the sub from the lake and have the FBI examine it along with the glass shards.

~Cogi~

Yea yea, calm down. I've been busy.

Cogi276
08-09-2007, 03:58 AM
In the last evidence I got I now belive it to be a Hoax.

~Cogi~

karmachameleon
08-09-2007, 04:14 AM
First, we should use a metal detector to see if there actually is a submarine at the bottom of the lake, which would probably cost around $500. Then, from that information, I will decide what to do. If there is a submarine at the bottom of the lake, I'll give the rest of the money to my team of goblin construction workers to get it out. If there isn't, I'll donate the rest of the money.

earth_type_rule
08-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Well, as the infrared just found the giant squid ( which we sold to science for $ 50.000 ), we must think something out. Maybe we need to manipulate whales into searching for us. Though, we need a Whale expert for it to do it. The whale then get's instructions and looks for the sub with his family/group. A whale expert is not often seen lately, so the price is high enough for the man. $ 100.000 off ( leaves with $ 330.000,- thanks to the squid picture )

Lol? I think you forgot my post, Charbok :P Since I didn't got a clue over PM -.-

Stardy
08-09-2007, 10:48 AM
this is a hard round, mainly because of the money thing, how mcuh does everything cost?

anyways, spend 50k (950k) to see what the writing says, and wait for the details

Charbok
08-09-2007, 02:05 PM
First, we should use a metal detector to see if there actually is a submarine at the bottom of the lake, which would probably cost around $500. Then, from that information, I will decide what to do. If there is a submarine at the bottom of the lake, I'll give the rest of the money to my team of goblin construction workers to get it out. If there isn't, I'll donate the rest of the money.
Done.
Lol? I think you forgot my post, Charbok :P Since I didn't got a clue over PM -.-
Apparently. Or maybe I'm just heartless.
this is a hard round, mainly because of the money thing, how mcuh does everything cost?

anyways, spend 50k (950k) to see what the writing says, and wait for the details
Basically, if you spend more money on something, you get better results and if you spend less, then you get worse results.

Stinky
08-09-2007, 02:22 PM
After obtaining the results of my search, I have decided to spend 300k to ask the locals and visitors to the lake if they have seen anything suspicious around the lake within the past couple weeks.

I am now left with 250k.

Charbok
08-09-2007, 08:35 PM
After obtaining the results of my search, I have decided to spend 300k to ask the locals and visitors to the lake if they have seen anything suspicious around the lake within the past couple weeks.

I am now left with 250k.

Alrighty! Results will be there momentarily...

Stinky
08-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Alrighty! Results will be there momentarily...

I'm quite the spender, eh?

Well, after obtaining the results, my team and I have decided that this whole thing is a hoax, and the bottle was put out be some pranking teens.

And after all this, I still have 250k left.

karmachameleon
08-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Since there was a detection in the lake, I am guessing that the sub is somewhere in there. I will have to find its exact location in the lake by sending an aquatic robot to search for it, which should cost $100,000. Then comes the matter of getting it out. I'll spend $600,000 to get a gigantic magnet, and lower it slowly down and get the submarine out.

earth_type_rule
08-10-2007, 07:31 AM
I am still waiting for a PM here, charbok :\

Stardy
08-10-2007, 08:14 AM
same here
I still need the first clue
I posted up what I was doing first a few posts ago

Charbok
08-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Since there was a detection in the lake, I am guessing that the sub is somewhere in there. I will have to find its exact location in the lake by sending an aquatic robot to search for it, which should cost $100,000. Then comes the matter of getting it out. I'll spend $600,000 to get a gigantic magnet, and lower it slowly down and get the submarine out.
Okay okay.
I've been gone.
same here
I still need the first clue
I posted up what I was doing first a few posts ago
Got it.

I'm doing it all right at this moment.

earth_type_rule
08-11-2007, 07:56 AM
2 Submarines where found thanks to the whales. I'm now gonna send out two Mini subs to identify the two submarines. These mini subs have some valuable equipment with them. $ 225.000 ( leaves at $ 105.000 )

Stardy
08-11-2007, 10:10 AM
now I send the note to the 'base' to see if they can find fingerprints and other clues spending $100K (850K left)
meanwhile, I send a Sub worth 200K (650K) into the lake to look around, and another 100K (550K) to send agents to the lake to ask questions to people about the sub crash

karmachameleon
08-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Since there are a few submarines at the bottom of the lake, I will have to use multiple attempts with the giant magnet. This will leave me with about $200,000.

Charbok
08-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Okay okay okay, I'm gonna end the round.
I know you're all gonna be mad at me because you didn't learn the truth or you just didn't finish, but calm down. Points are distributed for how you handled the situation, not if you completed it.

Charbok
08-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Many apologies for the lack of results for the past three days, I've been busy*.

Don't worry all, the results are now here and ready for review!

This has been quite a different round and I'd like to know if this type of round should stay around for upcoming rounds. It didn't turn out as I had planned, but nevertheless the show must go on!

Here is what happened:
At 12:34 AM on the lake, 2 teenagers (whose names have yet to be released) were on a boat with a hollow submarine they stole from a nearby family-run museum which has no security for lack of funding. They brought it out ont the middle of the lake and sunk it by shooting 2 heavily modified fireworks through the hull. They they planted a bottle with the note in it in the water, leaving behind no fingerprints because they were wearing gloves.
So no one acuallt caught the vagabonds, but that is mostly due to my lack of work. :oops:

Overview

I'm glad that more, but not all, persons participated in this round. Anyway, here's the results...

earth_type_rule: 8/10. Better than average but not perfect due to the lack of a "Step-by-Step" approach. In other words, you posted the entirety of the solution on the first post, assuming that it'll work.
Cogi276: 8/10. Better, much better. You had the same problem as etr though.
Sent Reglay: 2/10. No comment.
Canis Lupus: 9/10. Fast, cheap and to the point. Good stuff there.
karmachameleon: 7/10. I know you were in a hurry, and it was good for that, but for an actual post, it was only okay.
stardyab: 7/10. The only one that thought to fingerprint the note, and you get points for that.

Verdict...

The winner of this round is...
Canis Lupus!
The winner of the round will recieve a lovely "Propaganda" to make this a little more interesting.

Now, since not everybody opted to participate, here we go with the random elimination!

Peekaboo Pikachu (1)
Groudon_fan (2)
Deoxys200 (3)
Diesal_34 (4)

On a random roll of 1-4, a 2 was rolled and Groudon Fan is eliminated!

Have a great day!

~Charbok

Linoone
08-14-2007, 12:04 AM
Man I forgot about this......

Charbok
08-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Man I forgot about this......

And then you got eliminated.

Stardy
08-14-2007, 08:23 AM
whats the next round Charbok?
w00t 1 point higher than last round!

Phantasm.Angel
08-14-2007, 09:40 PM
dang! sorry i'm late

Charbok
08-14-2007, 11:13 PM
dang! sorry i'm late

No problemo, Round 3 will start either tonight or tomowrrow.

Charbok
08-16-2007, 01:58 AM

Welcome to the third round of the political game! Last orund wasn't the huge success that I would have wanted, but what could I expect eh? Anywho, I don't have alot of time, so onto the debate!

Topic:
Recently, lightbulb company "Permalight" began making faulty lightbulbs and distributing them throughout the world. The lightbulbs are said to work for thousands of hours, but in reality, they explode a short time after being turned on. Many times we have shut down the comapny in an attempt to stop this catastrophe, but to no avail. The CEO of the Combany Setag Llib continues to create false company ID's so we cannot tell if the lightbulbs are faulty or not. What do you propose we do to stop lightbulb explosion deaths?

Phantasm.Angel
08-16-2007, 01:49 PM
I say we need to find a new way to light rooms. We begin to introduce solar pannels as ways to power new light fixtures or we could go go back to using oil lamps.

But, what I think would be our best bet of stopping these faulty lightbulbs would be to shut down all light bulb companies and inspect them before we allow them to reopen.

Stardy
08-16-2007, 02:14 PM
first, shut down all factorys known to be selling faulty lightbulbs

then, send spy's into the other factorys to check their work, anything goes out of hand, shut them down

Cogi276
08-16-2007, 03:53 PM
The simplist way would be to instantly shut down companies that claim to have everlasting light bulbs.

Then possibly find another sourse of lightign such a florecenlt lighting or such.

~Cogi~

earth_type_rule
08-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Friends. Family. Fellow lying politicians. And more "F" words.

I have lost my interest in my position as president ( LIES ) so I retire from my position. Karma, you better follow my generation!

*leaves in a golfcart, trying to think of more "F" words*

Phantasm.Angel
08-17-2007, 01:02 AM
The simplist way would be to instantly shut down companies that claim to have everlasting light bulbs.

Then possibly find another sourse of lightign such a florecenlt lighting or such.

~Cogi~

Your solution would supress companies that did in fact produce everlasting lightbulbs. It would make people afraid to announce that they did create a revolutianary technology. They would live in fear and they would falsely advertise that they're lightbulbs are not everlasting so people would buy more then they need and somehow this would destroy our economy and allow a communist takeover.

Stinky
08-17-2007, 04:20 PM
I propose to put new lightbulb compaines under "quarantine" (generally speaking) so their lightbulbs can be tested, then sending them to be sold.

Phantasm.Angel
08-17-2007, 04:47 PM
How long will this debate last?

EDIT: I have to go to a family reunion now. Goodbye and don't eliminate me!

Stardy
08-17-2007, 06:07 PM
How long will this debate last?

EDIT: I have to go to a family reunion now. Goodbye and don't eliminate me!
not sure, when everybody enters?

Charbok
08-18-2007, 02:52 AM
This round shall end about 18 hours from this post.

Stardy
08-18-2007, 10:07 AM
This round shall end about 18 hours from this post.
so midnight turkish time?
kk, Im ready for tommorow

Charbok
08-18-2007, 09:27 PM
I give this debate 2 more hours.

karmachameleon
08-18-2007, 10:03 PM
If everyone just stopped buying Permalight lightbulbs, then we would have no problem, so that's my solution.

Charbok
08-19-2007, 01:11 AM
Alright, the round is over. Results up in a minute...
Also, I need Canis Lupus' choices for the prize he won last round.

Stinky
08-19-2007, 01:13 AM
I choose to dock two points from karmachameleon in the next round.

Charbok
08-19-2007, 01:28 AM

Overview
kentucky_fried_torchic: 7/10. Good good good. Your posts were the best and you were the only one with a debate factor.
stardyab: 6/11. Your "debate" had one major flaw. If we could find the companies this wouldn't be a problem, but we can't so how are we gonna get spies in there.
Cogi: 6/10. Not too great there Cogi. Nobody said that they had "everlasting" lightbulbs, so you misread the thingy.
earth_type_rule: Noes!/10. That's to bad! *salutes*
Canis Lupus: 7/10. That's an okay idea, but you have the same problem Stardy has.
karmachameleon: 6/10. No comment.

Verdict...
You all suck (except KFT)! Your posts were un thought out, they had NO explaination of where any of the money would come from and none of you posted more than once (except KFT). Follow his example and happy posting.
Obviously, the winner of this round is KFT and he wins a Door-to-Door! PM me if you want to use it, or if you want to give it to someone else.

Now, instead of doing a random elimination, earth_type_rule, the winner of the last Political Game is going to be counted as the elimination. We'll miss you ETR!

~Dr. Do A. Lot Better

Charbok
08-19-2007, 01:30 AM
I choose to dock two points from karmachameleon in the next round.

I'm assuming that means next round, not this one.
Okay, done.

Stardy
08-19-2007, 10:45 AM
whats the next round Charbok, and why am I 6/11 instead of 6/10?

Charbok
08-19-2007, 05:02 PM
whats the next round Charbok, and why am I 6/11 instead of 6/10?

I do not know why...

Charbok
08-21-2007, 05:58 PM

Welcome to the 4th round of the political game! Let's get this party rolling!

"After the recent destruction of the moon to prevent tides from rising and killing people, another debate has come up. Since our atmosphere is all but destroyed, the suns rays have ben heating the earth up the extremes. Low temperatures are from 97-105' F, and the highs are from 157-197 depending on the location. So the question is this, should the sun be destroyed?"

This round gives us yet another feature:
You get to ask me questions about the situation to determine the correct course of action.

Phantasm.Angel
08-21-2007, 06:00 PM

Welcome to the 4th round of the political game! Let's get this party rolling!

"After the recent destruction of the moon to prevent tides from rising and killing people, another debate has come up. Since our atmosphere is all but destroyed, the suns rays have ben heating the earth up the extremes. Low temperatures are from 97-105' F, and the highs are from 157-197 depending on the location. So the question is this, should the sun be destroyed?"

This round gives us yet another feature:
You get to ask me questions about the situation to determine the correct course of action.

Are we prepared with sweaters and flashlights for when it gets cold and dark? How many people have died?

Charbok
08-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Are we prepared with sweaters and flashlights for when it gets cold and dark? How many people have died?

All of the batteries have exploded because of the heat, so flashlights are out.
Sweaters and possible ways of heat are prepared as well as they can be.
Just over 60,000 have died.

Phantasm.Angel
08-21-2007, 06:06 PM
All of the batteries have exploded because of the heat, so flashlights are out.
Sweaters and possible ways of heat are prepared as well as they can be.
Just over 60,000 have died.

Hmm, but if we destroy the sun all life on earth will cease to exist. How many people would die if we allow it to rost people?

Stardy
08-22-2007, 09:37 AM
hmm, if the sun gets destory'd, there will be no light on earth ever.
would it be possible to make a new moon at all or steal one of the other planets moons?

Phantasm.Angel
08-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Okay, I propose that we build a giant umbrella that will orbit the earth the same way the sun does, and block out all of the harmful rays.

P.S. Charbok: It's like the sheildships that Lando Calrissian had when he ran the Gem Guild. PM me for more info

Stinky
08-22-2007, 01:23 PM
I do believe that we shouldn't destroy the sun, as all would be dark, and it would be very cold. I propose that we make a moon, as more people would die from heatstroke in this current condition, than by rising tides.

Phantasm.Angel
08-22-2007, 01:26 PM
I do believe that we shouldn't destroy the sun, as all would be dark, and it would be very cold. I propose that we make a moon, as more people would die from heatstroke in this current condition, than by rising tides.

Oh, but what are we going to make it out of? Most materiels would be destroyed by the high tempatures. And how are going to get it in orbit? How could we possibly build a rocket to withstand that kind of heat?

Stinky
08-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Oh, but what are we going to make it out of? Most materiels would be destroyed by the high tempatures. And how are going to get it in orbit? How could we possibly build a rocket to withstand that kind of heat?

Ah, and an umbrella would do much better in space? By your reasoning, a metal pole with cloth on the end would be able to take heat and somehow have the cloth not catch on fire.

Space's temperature would most likely be cooler than Earth's temperature, because when the moon was still there, astronauts suit kept them warm in space. I believe that if we built the rocket and the moon on Earth, they would be able to withstand the temperature in space.

Phantasm.Angel
08-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Ah, and an umbrella would do much better in space? By your reasoning, a metal pole with cloth on the end would be able to take heat and somehow have the cloth not catch on fire.

Space's temperature would most likely be cooler than Earth's temperature, because when the moon was still there, astronauts suit kept them warm in space. I believe that if we built the rocket and the moon on Earth, they would be able to withstand the temperature in space.

Aah, but could it resist the tempature in the atmosphere?

Stinky
08-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Aah, but could it resist the tempature in the atmosphere?

Well, considering that rockets are launched from Florida in thsoe conditions, I believe that if we launched the rocket from a place where it is cooler than the rest of the world (Like Antartica in the winter) the rocket would make it into space.

Phantasm.Angel
08-22-2007, 01:45 PM
But the umbrella will have a larger chance of success than the rocket. Also at night we don't see the sun, we see th3e moon that means that whoever's on the otherside of the planet would be burning up.

Stinky
08-22-2007, 01:50 PM
But the umbrella will have a larger chance of success than the rocket.
Keep in mind that the rocket is carrying the new moon up. Also- How are you going to put your "umbrella" into space? Is it magically going to float there?

Also at night we don't see the sun, we see the moon that means that whoever's on the otherside of the planet would be burning up.

Do you mean the nonexistant moon? And I know that we don't see the sun at night.

Phantasm.Angel
08-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Keep in mind that the rocket is carrying the new moon up. Also- How are you going to put your "umbrella" into space? Is it magically going to float there?

Do you mean the nonexistant moon? And I know that we don't see the sun at night.

I'll put rocket thrusters on it and launch it off of the night side of the planet.

When you launch your moon up, it's still not going to help anything.

Stinky
08-22-2007, 05:36 PM
I'll put rocket thrusters on it and launch it off of the night side of the planet.

It will serve the same purpose as the last moon did, and probably last longer than the umbrella.

Phantasm.Angel
08-22-2007, 05:37 PM
It will serve the same purpose as the last moon did, and probably last longer than the umbrella.

Nonsense! Don't underestimate the umbrella!

Stinky
08-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Nonsense! Don't underestimate the umbrella!

So you are going to put something made out of cloth out in space? If a meteor hit it, it'd get a hole, and then would allow the sun through.

Phantasm.Angel
08-22-2007, 05:42 PM
So you are going to put something made out of cloth out in space? If a meteor hit it, it'd get a hole, and then would allow the sun through.

true but your plan is just plain stupid.

In this diagram you see that people die on the day side, even with your moon

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x161/kentuckyfriedtorchic/takethat.jpg?t=1187804488

Stinky
08-22-2007, 05:49 PM
true but your plan is just plain stupid.

In this diagram you see that people die on the day side, even with your moon

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x161/kentuckyfriedtorchic/takethat.jpg?t=1187804488

Well, the umbrella would shade people on the same side as the moon too. So just take out my moon and put in your umbrella, and voila. Your umbrella is in the same position as my moon.

And people aren't nessescarily dying. They don't have to go outside. There's a thing called "air conditioning" dont'cha know.

Phantasm.Angel
08-22-2007, 06:18 PM
I would launch my umbrella at the sun so that they follow the same rotationary patterns.

Stardy
08-22-2007, 06:27 PM
hm what resources does the world have left?

I prepose we just leave the earth and move to a new planet, or start construstion on a space station.

Phantasm.Angel
08-22-2007, 06:29 PM
hm what resources does the world have left?

I prepose we just leave the earth and move to a new planet, or start construstion on a space station.

We could only move afew people though, so what are you proposing? That we leave the rest to die?

Stinky
08-22-2007, 06:37 PM
I would launch my umbrella at the sun so that they follow the same rotationary patterns.

Your umbrella would burn up when it gets close to the sun. adn even if it rotated around the sun, as the sun rotated, it would get hot again.

Phantasm.Angel
08-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Your umbrella would burn up when it gets close to the sun. adn even if it rotated around the sun, as the sun rotated, it would get hot again.

It would rotate around the earth

Stinky
08-22-2007, 06:42 PM
It would rotate around the earth

And let me direct you to my earlier post.

Well, the umbrella would shade people on the same side as the moon too. So just take out my moon and put in your umbrella, and voila. Your umbrella is in the same position as my moon.

Your umbrella would do the exact same thing as my moon, but it would be weaker. If assume that because the moon was taken away adn temperatures increased, then putting a new moon in would decrease the temperatures. The moon would be able to withstand hits from meteors, hits that your umbrella couldn't take.

Phantasm.Angel
08-22-2007, 06:48 PM
The umbrella would orbit the earth but move so that It blocks the sun at all times.

Stardy
08-22-2007, 07:11 PM
We could only move afew people though, so what are you proposing? That we leave the rest to die?
no, I ment start using the worlds resources to build space stations, not just one.

Stinky
08-22-2007, 07:12 PM
The umbrella would orbit the earth but move so that It blocks the sun at all times.

How would that happen? You can't have something stay stationary in space, it'd have to be the size of a planet. The umbrella would easily be pulled around by Earth's orbit.

Phantasm.Angel
08-22-2007, 08:07 PM
How would that happen? You can't have something stay stationary in space, it'd have to be the size of a planet. The umbrella would easily be pulled around by Earth's orbit.

View this diagram: The umbrella and the sun rotate together blocking out the sun 24/7.

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x161/kentuckyfriedtorchic/th_canislupinsucks.jpg

Stinky
08-22-2007, 08:10 PM
View this diagram: The umbrella and the sun rotate together blocking out the sun 24/7.

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x161/kentuckyfriedtorchic/th_canislupinsucks.jpg

I disagree, as in your diagram, the umbrella is in Earth's orbit, and therefore doesn't shade Earth all the time.

Phantasm.Angel
08-22-2007, 08:11 PM
I disagree, as in your diagram, the umbrella is in Earth's orbit, and therefore doesn't shade Earth all the time.

I hope this debate ends soon, it's really hard to get my point through your thick skull. The umbrella blocks out the sun 24/7 face it.

Stinky
08-22-2007, 10:02 PM
I hope this debate ends soon, it's really hard to get my point through your thick skull. The umbrella blocks out the sun 24/7 face it.

How? The umbrella can't stay stationary in space?

Mitsuzo-kun
08-22-2007, 10:21 PM

Lupus is right. In the diagram, the Umbrella is only shielding part of the Earth. When the Earth will move, the Umbrella will move with it. So how can the Umbrella either stay completely still in space, or orbit around the Sun with the Earth?

Not sure if I'm allowed to post here, but what the heck!

Charbok
08-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Round ends sometime today.

Charbok
08-23-2007, 02:26 AM

I'd write more but I'm busy watching Linkin Park live at PR.

Overview
kentucky_fried_torchic: 8/10. Your idea was great, but your explaination wasn't full.
Canis_Lupus: 7/10. And a moon would do what? You argued the hell out of his point, but failed to make your own.
stardyab: 6/10. You actually had a solution, unlike Canis over here. But you failed to argue enough. You two would make the perfect politician.

Verdict...
Sadly, KFT loses 6 points because of his item {Door-to-Door} which makes Canis Lupus the winner of this round.

Congratulations! You win a Television Ad!

Since a good chunk of you didn't post, there will be yet another random elimination... :susp:

Here are you numbers...
Peekaboo Pikachu (1)
Deoxys200 (2)
Karmachameleon (3)
Sent Reglay (4)
Cogi276 (5)
Diesel 34 (6)

On a random roll of 1-6, a 3 was rolled and karmachameleon, though the favored contestant by ETR, is eliminated!

Stardy
08-23-2007, 12:02 PM
I was not online enough to argue >_>

anyway, the hardest person (no offense guys, then again, thats what im supposed to do >_>) is elimanated, so it should be a bit easy'r now

and next round starts tommorow im guessing?

Phantasm.Angel
08-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Mwahahaha! All shall fear my debating power!

Stardy
08-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Mwahahaha! All shall fear my debating power!
yeah, you can gloat now, but next round..... I will win!

Phantasm.Angel
08-23-2007, 12:59 PM
I highly doubt that. I have the amazing ability to debate about anything and do it with out fear of losing or being hated.

Stardy
08-23-2007, 01:04 PM
I highly doubt that. I have the amazing ability to debate about anything and do it with out fear of losing or being hated.
No, you have not seen me in action yet, I shall win the next debate, I will eat my hat if I dont
'wow, its a new debate without the round'

Phantasm.Angel
08-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Prepare to eat hat.

Stardy
08-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Prepare to eat hat.
dont count on it

Phantasm.Angel
08-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Oh, I will count on it.

Stardy
08-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Oh, I will count on it.
well if you count on it, then bet your hat on the line aswell then

'loser eats his hat debate', I like the sound of that.

Phantasm.Angel
08-23-2007, 05:35 PM
I will eat my hat if I lose!

Stardy
08-23-2007, 05:39 PM
I will eat my hat if I lose!
but what if we both lose?
Of course I will not, but still

Phantasm.Angel
08-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Then we both eat hat!

Stardy
08-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Then we both eat hat!
kk then, oh and before we start the next round, just a warning, but get your Mustard ready

Phantasm.Angel
08-23-2007, 05:49 PM
kk then, oh and before we start the next round, just a warning, but get your Mustard ready

I hate mustard.

Stardy
08-23-2007, 05:52 PM
I hate mustard.
good, now I know your weakness.......

Phantasm.Angel
08-23-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm not weak agenst it. I just kill it.

Stardy
08-23-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm not weak agenst it. I just kill it.
yes, but if you see it, you must kill it, what means while you go kill, we get to debate

Phantasm.Angel
08-23-2007, 06:21 PM
yes, but if you see it, you must kill it, what means while you go kill, we get to debate

I can kill something from my computer

Stardy
08-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I can kill something from my computer
meh, weakness plot gone, so.....

anyways, any idea on what the new debate is?

Phantasm.Angel
08-23-2007, 07:00 PM
I dunno. Even though I know Charbok personaly.

Stardy
08-24-2007, 08:39 AM
I dunno. Even though I know Charbok personaly.
I can see that your from the same location, but did not know you two knew one-another.

Phantasm.Angel
08-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Suprise. I don't see him very much, but he's coming over here next week.

Stardy
08-24-2007, 01:38 PM
KK then.
When does the next round start? Tommorow?

Stardy
08-27-2007, 09:10 AM
sorry for the double post, but is thre gonna be a next round, or are you focusing on the court?

Charbok
08-27-2007, 02:34 PM
sorry for the double post, but is thre gonna be a next round, or are you focusing on the court?

Yes, there will be another round. I've been focusing on the court too much, sorry! :oops:
It'll for sure be up sometime in the next 12 hours.

Stardy
08-27-2007, 02:38 PM
meh, does not matter, as-long I dont eat hat, im ok