PDA

View Full Version : Red Steel review

Orthar
07-21-2007, 02:47 AM
This is my Red Steel typed up review, expect a video one soon. EDIT: http://youtube.com/watch?v=iM56d3CfxuQ

Okay let's get underway.

So the game starts with an annoying way to get you used to the Wiimote function for the game with pointing at fish and your fiance saying retarded b.s. After all of that is said and done you go with her to meet her father, a Yakuza lord and then out of nowhere a guy starts shooting in there. You run in and get hit in the head with the back of a gun. You wake up in the room all alone and pick up a gun and go through a sort of tut level. Now let's get into some of the actual gaming features.

Graphics-The graphics are pretty good for a release title. A little glitchy and somepoints, almost feels like the game was rushed. I'm suprised it made it out of the gate with Miyamoto's standards. The destructable enviroment is a great touch and this game has some of the best fire that I have ever seen. Though with all that said it is definatly not 360 graphics. I would call them about a XBOX and a half.

The Controls-The controls, for me atleast were hard to get used too. The wiimote seemed over sensitive and even the slightest move the the left or right would send the camera(your point of view) to a totally different direction making shooting and looking for the "thugs" hard and annoying. Also the turning can be slow and points. I.E, if your getting shot at in the front and behind you consider yourself a deadman. Onto the sword fighting parts of the game. These are embeded in the storyline. Meaning you can't just whip out a sword and slash away. Though the sword fighting looks like it improved and looks more realistic from E3 06(when the game was last shown before the release) they still feel somewhat abnormal. What you do doesn't always end up on the screen. Oh the Nunchuck is used for blocking attacks and the Wiimote for slashing away at your opponent. If you block an attack it stuns your opponent for a second letting you slash him about 3 times depending on how fast you are. Also at the end you have an option to kill the guy or let him live. Letting him live earns you respect points but it's so fun to just kill them.

Storyline-Pretty basic hero kind of thing. A little corny especially with the still shots throughout the dialouge scenes. But those are at least better than the animated ones. >.<

Now let's get into the final part.

Graphics-7/10

Controls- 5/10 or 7/10 depending on your skill with the wiimote. I fall inbetween.

Gameplay-6/10

Overall-6.5/10[Un Passable. Mediocre. Barley Passable. Passable. Great.]

IBeatRyan
07-21-2007, 02:56 AM
I own the game so i see where you come from but i think shigeru has those standerds for only games like Mario&Zelda&Pokemom[and meby Metroid] but lets hope the second one will be better

Orthar
07-21-2007, 03:02 AM
I own the game so i see where you come from but i think shigeru has those standerds for only games like Mario&Zelda&Pokemom[and meby Metroid] but lets hope the second one will be better
Indeed let's pray on that. I bet it would be though, since Nintendo normally does a pretty good job of listening to the public and fixing problems. Look how the James Bond series progressed on the GC.

IBeatRyan
07-21-2007, 03:05 AM
i think the second one should have better multiplayer and online

Orthar
07-21-2007, 03:57 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iM56d3CfxuQ

Video review.