PDA

View Full Version : Blue Submarine Num. 6

Loveydovey
07-21-2007, 05:02 AM
Whatcha think about it? ;D
I really loved the similarities with The Island of Dr. Moreau, although it focused more on the aspects of human pollution and who really was the beast between the two sides of the war.

ReclusiveDemon
07-21-2007, 05:17 AM
I think it was a more abstract styled show.

While like so many other anime's, it covered the aspect of war and the problems that follow, it went with a more fantasy look at the apocalyptic wasteland that could follow due to global warming. When I first saw it, the first thing that came to mind was "Japanese Al Gore".

I had trouble following it and staying interested. I know back in 2003 or 2004 it was on Toonami (back when Toonami was on Monday-Thursday and Tom wasn't a retarded looking ape-like robot) and I just couldn't quite grasp it at times. I do think the style and detail is absolutely beautiful even when compared to some of the most recently, eye-dazzling anime's.

Loveydovey
07-21-2007, 05:20 AM
Hell no. D: It's not the best when it comes to art, specially for a series of OVAs.
But it still has a powerful meaning to it.
And it came out before Al Gore, dude...

ReclusiveDemon
07-21-2007, 06:19 AM
It came out before Al Gore, but by the time I saw it, Al Gore was ranting about global warming. :<

Also, I shall stand by what I said on the art to the death, because I have no taste in art.

Loveydovey
07-21-2007, 03:22 PM
-Doesn't get it.-

D: So...
It all breaks down to each person's individual likes and dislikes. ;D

ovi_one
07-26-2007, 01:18 PM
i remember this. they showed the whole thing on toonami years ago.