PDA

View Full Version : READ FIRST: Fire Red/Leaf Green FAQ

Marill
03-15-2004, 09:04 PM
Read First: Fire Red and Leaf Green Questions

Will all the Pokemon be available?
Many of the Johto and Kanto Pokemon will be available. However, you may only access the Johto Pokemon when you go to the Rainbow islands.

Who will make up the Elite 4?
If the storyline stays the same, it will still consist of Prima, Agatha, Bruno, and Lance.

Who are the starters for Fire Red and Leaf Green?
The Water Type Squirtle, Grass Type Bulbasaur, and Fire Type Charmander.

What does FR/LG mean?
FR/LG is the abbreviated form of Fire Red and Leaf Green.

When will FR/LG come out?
It will debuted in Japan in January, most likely Late May, Early June for American Fans.

Will Johto or Hoenn be in here?
Kanto is in the game, as well as the Rainbow Islands. The Johto Pokemon will be in the game, however, they will appear on the Rainbow islands, not in Johto.

What is a remake or a port?
A remake is a spin of an old game, with added features. A port is a direct copy of a game to a new platform. (Example: Super Mario 2 [Super Nintendo]à Super Mario Advance [GBA])

Will Shinies be available?
Yes.

Will their be updated sprites from those we’ve already seen in Ruby and Sapphire?
Sorry, but no.

Will FR and LG be compatible with Ruby and Sapphire or Colosseum?
Yes.

Will the game feature a female trainer as well?
Yes: http://www.home.no/hanslam/Pokemon/games_femaletrainer.gif This trainer is the supposed female of the games.

What is this ‘wireless’ feature?
It will be a new way to trade, battle, and mix records with other friends. It will be packaged with every Fire Red and Leaf Green cartridge.

Will their be new GYM leaders?
If the Elite 4 stay the same, then no.

What are the “Rainbow Islands?”
They are islands that one may travel upon, after defeating the Elite Four. You may encounter and capture Johto Pokemon, including some of the legendaries.

How many Rainbow Islands are there?
There are 9 islands located in the game.

There will be more frequent updates occuring from this point on...

Jerry Neal
03-15-2004, 09:33 PM
You can't get all of the Johto pokemon in FR/LG. You have to get the rest from colloseum.

Kento Kasha
03-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Very true, Jerry, very true. I'm unsure how that entire feature will work out in Colosseum, but I'm sure that new info will be revealed shortly, as Pkmn Colosseum debuts this month, and the rumor that FR/LG will come out near August.

DoomDesire
03-16-2004, 01:20 AM
Very true, Jerry, very true. I'm unsure how that entire feature will work out in Colosseum, but I'm sure that new info will be revealed shortly, as Pkmn Colosseum debuts this month, and the rumor that FR/LG will come out near August.

Unfortunatly I heard the same thing/ Saw it on this site. I thought it was good news on FR/LG but it is very bad news. I think most people figured that the release date would be between May/June. By the looks of the article we will be lucky if it is released Late August! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

Thunderbird
03-16-2004, 08:49 AM
They are islands that one may travel upon, after defeating the Elite Four. You may encounter and capture Johto Pokemon, including some of the legendaries.

Good job, Marill. Something wrong on this info though; u can access rainbow islands 1-3 after defeating Blaine; rainbow islands 4-7 after u defeated elite 4; rainbow islands 8-9 if u hv e-card.

Marill
03-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Thank you guys for the help! I'm trying to gather an accurate overview, and so far, I hadn't been able to, as my resources are faulty. Oh well, thanks for the information, and I'll be sure to edit it!

Lord Celebi
03-17-2004, 12:51 AM
I'd like to help you (If its all right Marill, we can work on it together, I do know a lot bout FR/LG).

What legendaries are in the game? What are their locations?
Articuno-Seafoam Islands
Zapdos-Power Plant
Moltres-Mystery (Or Rainbow) Island 1
Mewtwo-Unknown Dungeon
Raikou-In the wild you you chose Squirtle as starter.
Suicune-In the wild if you chose Charmander as your starter
Entei-In the wild if you chose Bulbasaur as your starter
Lugia-Mystery Island 8 (You need the Mystery Ticket)
Ho-Oh -Mystery Island 8
Deoxys-Mystery Island 9 (You need the Aurora Ticket)

Deoxys?
Yes, Deoxys is in the game. After you catch him, in Red he turns into the Tentacly form, in Green he turns into the ape form. He cannot be traded to R/S.

What about Water Blue?
It is unsure if LG will be WB right now, though Nintendo has copyrighted the name, also Leaf Green. Fire Red is defanite though.

What about the 4 Legendary Moves?
On one of the Mystery Islands, a tutor will teach ONE Pokemon Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn, or Frenzy Plant, and he will only teach it to your starter. So far, we do not know if Volt Tackle is in the Game.

More later...

LolJolteonMaster
03-17-2004, 01:29 AM
It's 3 legendary moves!!!!

Lord Celebi
03-17-2004, 01:43 AM
It's 3 legendary moves!!!!
No, actully, its four:
Hydro Cannon
Blast Burn
Frenzy Plant
Volt Tackle

LolJolteonMaster
03-17-2004, 02:23 AM
Then why did you only give 3? Anyways, I believe anything Serebii.net says. They said it is 3. So, it is 3.

Ixidor
03-17-2004, 05:27 AM
GO POKEMON FR/LG

i really cant wait to play the game, cos i think red and blue were the best, all the ones after had weak stories, and just didnt satisfy, bu these new ones are gonna be the best ever!!

plasmaball3000
03-17-2004, 11:39 AM
I just finished Yellow again, but FR/LF has so much new stuff, It's gonna be like very cool. Definatley going to get it. And thanks for all the info, I didn't know much of that ^^.

Marill
03-17-2004, 09:52 PM
I'd like to help you (If its all right Marill, we can work on it together, I do know a lot bout FR/LG).

No, I don't mind at all! This is a community and joint project, as this is to benefit everyone! Thanks for the extra information!

Matthew
03-18-2004, 12:54 AM
Then why did you only give 3? Anyways, I believe anything Serebii.net says. They said it is 3. So, it is 3.

If Serebii.net (no offense) said that it was the coolest thing to jump off a bridge, would you jump off a bridge?

...My point exactly...

There are FOUR (4) Legendary moves, though in FRLG... it is only known that you can obtain only three of them. Volt Tackle is one of the moves though.

Thunderbird
03-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Yes, there are 4 legendary moves in FR/LG. (and maybe hyper beam too 'coz it also has an attack power of 150)
Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn and Frenzy Plant ar obtainable moves for starters, and the way of learning Volt Tackle is still unknown. (unless u hack it)

Marill
03-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Yes, there are 4 legendary moves in FR/LG. (and maybe hyper beam too 'coz it also has an attack power of 150)
Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn and Frenzy Plant ar obtainable moves for starters, and the way of learning Volt Tackle is still unknown. (unless u hack it)

Exactly! Hyper Beam is what the four elemental attacks were based off of. Anyway, I am about to release another batch of "vital information."

liquid crystal
03-19-2004, 03:31 PM

What about Psycho Boost and Doom Desire? Bah... I thought those were with 'em too, but...

Ironshell Blastoise
03-19-2004, 03:57 PM

That's awfully ignorant ._. If someone there said they were Santa Clause, you'd believe them? There are 4, don't argue, just cuz they aren't available, they are programmed into the game. Mew in RBY, Celebi in GS, Deoxys and Jirachi in RuSa weren't available, but were programmed into the game.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-19-2004, 04:01 PM
What about Psycho Boost and Doom Desire? Bah... I thought those were with 'em too, but...

Eh, no. Psycho Boost is just the Psychic Type of Overheat. Doom Desire is just a super-power Future Sight. Hyper Beam goes along the same lines as Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon. I really don't think Hyper Beam would be considered a "legendary move" as it can be learned by almost any monster. Are these moves actually called "The Legendary Moves" or were they just given that name by some random person? And just because Hyper Beam has 150 attack power isn't enough reason for it to be "Legendary". Otherwise, we all know Focus Punch would be legendary.

boltAge
03-19-2004, 04:02 PM
No, those are just moves exclusive to Deoxys and Jirachi. But not now, I think a few other mons learns that move too in FRLG o_O

EDIT: Exploud answered that already, don't sue me or anything, I had a different answer :P

Lord Celebi
03-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Eh, no. Psycho Boost is just the Psychic Type of Overheat. Doom Desire is just a super-power Future Sight. Hyper Beam goes along the same lines as Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon. I really don't think Hyper Beam would be considered a "legendary move" as it can be learned by almost any monster. Are these moves actually called "The Legendary Moves" or were they just given that name by some random person? And just because Hyper Beam has 150 attack power isn't enough reason for it to be "Legendary". Otherwise, we all know Focus Punch would be legendary.
Actully, I made up the "Legendary" title.

Lord Celebi
03-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Are the Rainbow (Mystery) Islands the Orange Islands?
ABSOLUTELY NOT! They are not and will never be. The Mystery Islands are only there so we can catch Johto Pokemon.

What Pokemon can be caught in the game?
Please refer to this list on Serebii: http://serebii.net/red_green/pokemon.shtml

Is MissingNo Still in the game? I want 999 Master Balls.
Yes, but in a different way. You need to use the walk through walls code (ON PAR or GS) to go into the wild without a starter. If you want 999 Master Balls by seeing MissingNo, just hack em.

What is this new move called Feather Dance?
Feather Dance lowers the oponent's attack by 2.

How far can a Wireless adapter's signal reach?
40 meters so far we've heard (That's about 120 feet). Its good if your neighbor has FR/LG.

Which Pokemon are exclusive to what version?
Fire Red:
Sandshrew, Sandslash, Vulpix, Ninetales, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victrybell, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Slowking, Staryu, Starmie, Magby, Magmar, Pinsir, Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Misdreavous, Sneasel, Remoraid, Octillery, and Mantine.
Leaf Green:
Ekans, Arbok, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Belossom, Psyduck, Golduck, Growlithe, Arcanine, Shelder, Cloyster, Elekid, Electrabuzz, Scyther, Scizor, Wooper, Quagsire, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Delibird, and Skarmory.

DoomDesire
03-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Are the Rainbow (Mystery) Islands the Orange Islands?
ABSOLUTELY NOT! They are not and will never be. The Mystery Islands are only there so we can catch Johto Pokemon.

What Pokemon can be caought in the game?
Please refer to this list on Serebii: http://serebii.net/red_green/pokemon.shtml

These are already answered and dont double post. I didnt see anyone say icicle spear/feather dance for the new moves. If you did my bad.

Lord Celebi
03-20-2004, 09:02 PM
These are already answered and dont double post. I didnt see anyone say icicle spear/feather dance for the new moves. If you did my bad.
1. No, they have not been answered.
2. I HAVE the right to double post because I was adding to the guide. *Wishes no one could post here unless they were answering a Question*

DoomDesire
03-20-2004, 09:07 PM
Actually the first one has been answered. The rainbow islands are rainbow islands not orange islands. Simple. And #2 Thats why theres an edit button so you don't double post.

Lord Celebi
03-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Actually the first one has been answered. The rainbow islands are rainbow islands not orange islands. Simple. And #2 Thats why theres an edit button so you don't double post.
1. No, not in this guide to my knowledge. That is what the guide is for.
2. I am also aware of the edit button. I have bee na member of the PE2K community for almpst a year now.

DoomDesire
03-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Ok dude I don't need a life story or anything. I was just making a comment that has now turned into something. It doesn't really matter. I was just stating something. Not a problem. :mrgreen: :biggrin: :mrgreen: :biggrin: :mrgreen: :biggrin: :mrgreen: :biggrin:

Cooltrainer Drew
03-21-2004, 08:30 PM
I wander, is Frenzy Plant a Grass type move? as the rest are Water and Fire I'm guessing! And what does it do?

Mechaflame
03-21-2004, 09:07 PM
I have the same question as Cool Trainer. :neutral:

Cooltrainer Drew
03-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Mechaflame, your Charizard image don't work.

Jirachi
03-21-2004, 09:47 PM

What legendaries are in the game? What are their locations?
Articuno-Seafoam Islands
Zapdos-Power Plant
Moltres-Mystery (Or Rainbow) Island 1
Mewtwo-Unknown Dungeon
Raikou-In the wild you you chose Squirtle as starter.
Suicune-In the wild if you chose Charmander as your starter
Entei-In the wild if you chose Bulbasaur as your starter
Lugia-Mystery Island 8 (You need the Mystery Ticket)
Ho-Oh -Mystery Island 8
Deoxys-Mystery Island 9 (You need the Aurora Ticket)

Deoxys?
Yes, Deoxys is in the game. After you catch him, in Red he turns into the Tentacly form, in Green he turns into the ape form. He cannot be traded to R/S.

What about Water Blue?
It is unsure if LG will be WB right now, though Nintendo has copyrighted the name, also Leaf Green. Fire Red is defanite though.

What about the 4 Legendary Moves?
On one of the Mystery Islands, a tutor will teach ONE Pokemon Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn, or Frenzy Plant, and he will only teach it to your starter. So far, we do not know if Volt Tackle is in the Game.

More later...Deoxys can be traded to Ruby and Sapphire.

DoomDesire
03-22-2004, 12:25 AM
Why wouldn't he not be tradeable to Ru/Sa?

Jirachi
03-22-2004, 01:56 AM
Why wouldn't he not be tradeable to Ru/Sa?I think you might have to use a *** version to trade with another *** version.

Thunderbird
03-22-2004, 10:28 AM
I wander, is Frenzy Plant a Grass type move? as the rest are Water and Fire I'm guessing! And what does it do?
Frenzy plant ->grass type, pp5 , attack power 150, accuracy 90, needs a turn for recharging after use
Blast burn ->fire type, pp5, attack power 150, accuracy 90, needs a turn for recharging after use
Hydro Cannon ->water type, pp5, attack power 150, accuracy 90, needs a turn for recharging after use

As u can see they are similar to Hyper Beam but only with difference in types

Lord Celebi
03-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Deoxys can be traded to Ruby and Sapphire.
No, it is not. A small group on the internet tried experimanting on Deoxys, It failed on that test.

How many Pokemon do I need to Get the National Dex?
You need 60 Pokemon and you need to beat the Elite 4.

How Do I get ot the Unknown Dungeon
Catch 100 Pokemon.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Sorry for going off topic, but since this is a thread many people will be reading, let me state this...

QUIT ******** ABOUT DOUBLE POSTING! The mods will catch it and decide if the double post was bad or if it had good reason. If someone is to post twice back to back, it may be because they are posting about a completely different topic than the post above. kthnxbai

DoomDesire
03-23-2004, 12:25 AM
I think instead of the double posting you quote each question and answer it. Theres no need for the DP. :drool:

Jirachi
03-23-2004, 12:53 AM
Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn and Frenzy Plant ar obtainable moves for starters, and the way of learning Volt Tackle is still unknown. (unless u hack it)Maybe if they make a remake of yellow version it you could teach your Pikachu it.

DoomDesire
03-23-2004, 01:26 AM
In Thunder Yellow it is a possibility.

*Suprised or atleast i havent seen any talk about icicle spear that seel can learn and swinub as an egg move. Also feather dance, recycle and Ithink Im missing one. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lord Celebi
03-23-2004, 01:56 AM

*Suprised or atleast i havent seen any talk about icicle spear that seel can learn and swinub as an egg move. Also feather dance, recycle and Ithink Im missing one. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I answered a feather dance Q already. I'm not sure what Recycle and Icicle Spear are though http://www.empireirc.net/pokemonelite2000/images/smilies/eusa_doh.gif

Jirachi
03-23-2004, 02:05 AM

*Suprised or atleast i havent seen any talk about icicle spear that seel can learn and swinub as an egg move. Also feather dance, recycle and Ithink Im missing one. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:Thats what I was thinking.

DoomDesire
03-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Heres a copy of one of my older posts on the gameshark board. Some of these have been mentioned but why waste time and erase any of it?

These are moves that are not in the Ru/Sa guide but are in the upcoming FR/LG games. (Confirmed). Proof is at http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/pokemon_frlg.txt (dont be lazy copy and paste.

Blast Burn |Fire |150|90% | 5| Attacks in two turns. The second turn,user does not attack. ( fire hyperbeam)

Frenzy Plant( same as blastburn except type is grass)

Hydro Cannon ( same as blast burn except type is water)

Doom Desire |Steel |120|85% | 5| No effect.

Featherdance|Flying |---|100%|15| Lowers opponent's ATTACK ability down two stages.

Icicle Spear|Ice | 10|100%|30| Attacks 2-5 times. Has a 37.5% chance each of hitting 2 or 3 times and a 12.5% chance each of hitting 4 or 5 times.

Psycho Boost|Psychic |140|90% | 5| Lowers user's SPECIAL ATTACK ability down two stages.

Recycle |Normal |---|100%|10| User's disposable held item returns.

Volt Tackle |Electric|120|100%|15| User is dealt recoil damage equal to 1/3 damage dealt to opponent. (electric double edge)

So that's 9 knew attacks in the up coming game that I found atleast. Maybe there is more? :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Thunderbird
03-24-2004, 12:02 PM
^hey thx for posting this DD. :smile: the link won't work btw.

boltAge
03-24-2004, 01:15 PM
GameFaqs don't allow people to link their guides from other websites.

The 3 new moves: Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, Hydro cannon, are kinda good IMO if they worked in the RBY mode. In RBY, if you KOed a Pokemon with Haiper Beam, you don't have to recharge the following turn. But not anymore, not after GSCRS ran in and took over the good stuff :doh:

Alakazam
03-24-2004, 05:06 PM
What's this national dex you're talking about? Is that what allows R/S to recognize FR/LG pokemon for the pokedex?

Alakazam
03-24-2004, 05:11 PM
Good job, Marill. Something wrong on this info though; u can access rainbow islands 1-3 after defeating Blaine; rainbow islands 4-7 after u defeated elite 4; rainbow islands 8-9 if u hv e-card.

That I know for a fact. A friend of mine has the Japanese version, and he can go to 3 of the islands...and he's got 7 badges.

DoomDesire
03-24-2004, 06:41 PM
atleast you can access some b4 the E4

Lord Celebi
03-24-2004, 09:37 PM
What's this national dex you're talking about? Is that what allows R/S to recognize FR/LG pokemon for the pokedex?
No, it allows you to trade with RS (After you fix the machine), catch Johto PKMN, and Evolve Certain Pokemon into Johto forms.

Steven
04-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Okay I have two questions

1) Will ditto be in the game to breed all of our male and genderless pokemon?

2) How does Deoxys work exactly? Does he evolve but keep the same name or is he more like castform and changes depending on whatever, except I doubt it because he doesn't have that ability.

boltAge
04-10-2004, 09:50 AM

2) How does Deoxys work exactly? Does he evolve but keep the same name or is he more like castform and changes depending on whatever, except I doubt it because he doesn't have that ability.

2) If you're playing FireRed, Deoxys appear in its FR Form. If you're playing LeafGreen, it appears in its Leaf Green form. If you trade it from FR to LG, it changes form, and maybe stats too(FR and LG deoxys have different stats). Not very sure, though.

And Ditto will be in FRLG. ^^ Cheers.

RaichuGuardian
04-26-2004, 11:52 PM
Wa wa wait. So I need E-Reader for the last to Islands? The ones with Lugia, Ho-Oh and Deoxys? OH MAN!

Grand Duke
04-26-2004, 11:55 PM
Wa wa wait. So I need E-Reader for the last to Islands? The ones with Lugia, Ho-Oh and Deoxys? OH MAN!

Don't panic, atleast thats not what I heard.

I have been told that you need to defeat the whole elite four to be able to visit the islands, but I wasnt told about an E-Reader being required.

Agent Orange
04-27-2004, 12:00 AM
I hope not.

I dont have an E-Reader and I WANT LUGIA AND DEOXYS!

RaichuGuardian
04-27-2004, 12:02 AM
I dont have an E-Reader and I WANT LUGIA AND DEOXYS!

Tell me about it. Lugia is one of my favs, and Deoxys just looks pretty cool.

EDIT:Uh-oh. Info from Serebii.net say that you need a "Mystery Ticket" for the final two islands. Could this be simlar to the Eon ticket?

Grand Duke
04-27-2004, 12:15 AM

EDIT:Uh-oh. Info from Serebii.net say that you need a "Mystery Ticket" for the final two islands. Could this be simlar to the Eon ticket?

This Mystery Ticket, I believe, is obtained by Proffesor Oak I believe, but I havent visited Serebii.net for a while though.

Matthew
04-27-2004, 12:40 AM
Hey... I upsated the front page of this if the creator cares any:

Read First: Fire Red and Leaf Green Questions

Will all the Pokemon be available?
Many of the Johto and Kanto Pokemon will be available. However, you may only access the Johto Pokemon when you go to the Rainbow islands. In addition to this setback, any Pokemon that evolve into those found in the Johto set cannot evolve UNTIL you have accessed the Rainbow Islands.

Who will make up the Elite 4?
If the storyline stays the same, it will still consist of Lorelei, Agatha, Bruno, and Lance.

Who are the starters for Fire Red and Leaf Green?
http://www.pokemonfanuniverse.com/image.php?name=1 [BULBASAUR- #001]
http://www.pokemonfanuniverse.com/image.php?name=4 [CHARMANDER- #004]
http://www.pokemonfanuniverse.com/image.php?name=7 [SQUIRTLE- #007]

These are the starters that you are able to obtain in FR/LG, though you may only select ONE at the beginning of your journey. The choice you make will affect some of the outcomes of the game.

If you pick [this], you will get (this):

LEGENDARY CATS:
-(Entei)
[Charmander]-(Suicune)
[Squirtle]-(Raikou)

MOVE TUTOR- Legendary Moves:
[Bulbasaur]-(Plant Frenzy)
[Charmander]-(Blast Burn)
[Squirtle]-(Hydro Cannon)

These attacks are very similar to the move HYBER BEAM, as they cause massive damage and forfiet your next turn.

[b]What does FR/LG mean?
FR/LG is the abbreviated form of Fire Red and Leaf Green.

When will FR/LG come out?
Sometime in September. It is rumored to be released on September 9.

Will Johto or Hoenn be in here?
No. Only Kanto will appear in the game. In addition to the game will be the new Rainbow Islands. They contain many secrets! (Some of the Johto Pokemon)

What is a remake or a port?
A remake is a spin of an old game, with added features. A port is a direct copy of a game to a new platform. (Example: Super Mario 2 [Super Nintendo]à Super Mario Advance [GBA])

Will Shinies be available?
Yes.

Will their be updated sprites from those we’ve already seen in Ruby and Sapphire?
Only for most of the original 151. (The ones that DID NOT appear in R/S)

Will FR and LG be compatible with Ruby and Sapphire or Colosseum?
Yes.

Will the game feature a female trainer as well?
Yes: http://www.home.no/hanslam/Pokemon/games_femaletrainer.gif This trainer is the supposed female of the games.

What is this ‘wireless’ feature?
It will be a new way to trade, battle, and mix records with other friends without the use of a link cable. You will also be able to send messages (similar to text messaging) to people you are connected with via the wireless feature. It will be packaged with every Fire Red and Leaf Green cartridge.

Will their be new GYM leaders?
No. They stay the same.

The "Rainbow Islands are an archapelago located in the South of Kanto. You may access these Islands after you receive your 7th badge (The Volcano Badge). On these Islands, you can find an array of Johto Pokemon, and Legendary Pokemon!

How many Rainbow Islands are there?
There is a total of 9 islands located in the game.

There will be more frequent updates occuring from this point on...

I hope that helps a litle.... I changed some important info and added some more :wink: I hope this is accurate...

Grand Duke
04-27-2004, 12:52 AM
Thx, it's good to have that all cleared up.

THE Serebii
04-27-2004, 02:02 PM

You need the Mystery Ticket for One...the Aurora Ticket for the other

And yes they are similar to the Eon Ticket

Lord Celebi
04-28-2004, 01:14 AM

1. Yes.

2. Forst, when you battle him (Before you catch him) He's in R/S form. When you catch him, his stats and sprite change depending on the version. If you're playing FR he looks like a tentacle thingy. If you play LG he looks sotra like Donkey Kong. If you trade, the stats and sprite change. It canot be traded to R/S.

Serebii, you may wanna update your Pokedex entry on Deoxys with some of this info. I've seen people think Deoxys evoloves at a certain level.

Samus Aran
04-28-2004, 01:38 AM
i'm confused
some say you need the e-reader, some don't

and how does the eon ticket work?

Nefarious
04-28-2004, 02:03 AM
I am also confused. I have no idea what an eon ticket is. If I have to use the E-reader, I would be mad. I don't even know why they came out with that dumb e-reader.

RaichuGuardian
04-28-2004, 11:31 AM
I am also counfused. How DOES the Eon ticket work?

Lord Celebi
04-28-2004, 01:31 PM
I am also counfused. How DOES the Eon ticket work?
That Question belongs in the R/S board.

You need 2 Game Boys. Put the E-Reader in one and R/S in another. turn the E-reader on and select scan card. Scan the card and then turn the GBA on. After all that's done, visit you're dad in Petalburg. You get the Eon Ticket.

Nefarious
04-28-2004, 02:07 PM
I thought the Eon ticket was for fire red/leaf green.

THE Serebii
04-28-2004, 03:57 PM
No, The Mystery Ticket and the Aurora Ticket is for FR/LG

RaichuGuardian
04-28-2004, 09:06 PM
Thank you for clearing that up for me, rust.

Nefarious
04-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Is anyone posatively certain that you need the e-reader for some parts in FR/LG?

Lord Celebi
05-01-2004, 01:51 AM
Is anyone posatively certain that you need the e-reader for some parts in FR/LG?
Yes, you need ereader to get to islands 8 and 9. I dont know why you dont want ereader. I have it and it is fun. DK Jr is my favorite game. There are thousands of games you can play on e-reader fro the price fo 1-2 GBA games, its a great deal.
RG: You're welcome.

Samus Aran
05-01-2004, 02:00 AM
well
that bites
gotta save up money...

Lord Celebi
05-03-2004, 12:14 AM
well
that bites
gotta save up money...
It'll be worth it though.

Ok, Serebii posted some info on this 'Transformation Cave' on his website: http://serebii.net/red_green/transform.shtml

It shows all the Pokemon that can be caught there (Which some are Colosseum exclusives). So there may be some hope for People without GameCube.

§hadow
05-03-2004, 12:19 AM
I herd that you can get mew in the transformation cave on the games faqs board. I dont think this is true but im just asking just incase. so dose anybody know.

Lord Celebi
05-03-2004, 12:47 AM
I herd that you can get mew in the transformation cave on the games faqs board. I dont think this is true but im just asking just incase. so dose anybody know.
That was an April Fools Joke.

§hadow
05-03-2004, 01:02 AM
this was befor april fools day. its that mudkip guy frome the gamefaqs board that keeps saying it. oh well he lieing and he still keeps on saing it nevermind just forget it.

THE Serebii
05-03-2004, 08:04 AM
That Mudkip person is just screaming for attention...if he really knew how...he'ld tell people...I know I would

But it is a possibilitity that the other legendaries with Overworld Sprites will be there i.e. Mew, Celebi, Entei/Raikou/Suicune (Depending on your starter i.e. the Two you dont normally get)

We just need to know how to change it and then we can go testing

Samus Aran
05-03-2004, 10:24 PM
ok..
so we know that we need the E-reader..
but do we know how we get the cards, in the US?

THE Serebii
05-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Nintendo only just acknowledged FR/LG's existence, I doubt that they'll reveal them until after the game is out

Samus Aran
05-03-2004, 10:47 PM
but they are nice enugh to usally give us a sneek peek

Lord Celebi
05-05-2004, 12:14 AM
That Mudkip person is just screaming for attention...if he really knew how...he'ld tell people...I know I would

But it is a possibilitity that the other legendaries with Overworld Sprites will be there i.e. Mew, Celebi, Entei/Raikou/Suicune (Depending on your starter i.e. the Two you dont normally get)

We just need to know how to change it and then we can go testing
I saw those overworld sprites. I do wonder though...
Though, Serebii, I thought you looked deep into the code and only found those Pokemon.

THE Serebii
05-05-2004, 06:15 AM
The fact that those have overworld sprites make it so they arent wild...witch is what the code determines

Lord Celebi
05-06-2004, 12:07 AM
The fact that those have overworld sprites make it so they arent wild...witch is what the code determines
Oh, I understand.

Serebii, when you did look deep into the code to find out which Pokemon you could catch in Transformation Cave, did you list all of them, or just a few?

THE Serebii
05-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Listed them all

Thomas
06-13-2004, 08:04 AM
I've got two questions:

1) Do the TM's contain the same moves as they did in the original Red/Blue?
2) Are the islands called Mystery Islands or Rainbow Islands?

RaichuGuardian
06-15-2004, 07:25 PM
1. No
2. Not Sure

Shining Dragonite
06-16-2004, 06:55 PM
GO POKEMON FR/LG

i really cant wait to play the game, cos i think red and blue were the best, all the ones after had weak stories, and just didnt satisfy, bu these new ones are gonna be the best ever!!

I beg to differ. GSC had the best storyline, since it was much more intense, and it was longer too. You could travel to Kanto and Johto. They should make a remake of Gold and Silver. What would they be called? How about Rainbow Gold and Silver...Silver? Never mind...

On a side note, serebii, I tried to register on your forums but I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet.

Bandit
06-17-2004, 06:05 PM
I've got bad news for the people who live in Europe, it won't be out here until October the 1st * SOB SOB SOB*

BladeCyberstrike
08-18-2004, 02:19 AM
*sighs...* Well, so you people are basically saying that...

If you don't have Pokemon Collosuem, then you can't complete the Pokedex.
Deoxys is unobtainable unless you win a promotion or hack it.
If you DO get Deoxys, you STILL can't get him in Ruby/Sapphire.
You can't get Lugia unless you win a promotion or hack it.
You will require an E-Reader to complete these games.

Am I correct here? Man, that really sucks! I wish I didn't preorder my copy of Fire Red right now... I'd have waited it I'd known all that... I coulda preordered Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, for 10 bucks less! Dang... Ah well, they should still be semi-fun, even if I will never complete them... I don't have Colloseum, or a hacking device...

I heard that the Game Shark won't be compatable, and that the only hacking device that will be will be ActionReplay version 3, or something... Is that true, and if it is, how do you know what version that thing is, and where can you get one?

One more thing. Will the games be compatable with R/Y/B and/or G/S/C?

Lord Celebi
08-18-2004, 03:25 AM
*sighs...* Well, so you people are basically saying that...

If you don't have Pokemon Collosuem, then you can't complete the Pokedex.
Deoxys is unobtainable unless you win a promotion or hack it.
If you DO get Deoxys, you STILL can't get him in Ruby/Sapphire.
You can't get Lugia unless you win a promotion or hack it.
You will require an E-Reader to complete these games.

Am I correct here? Man, that really sucks! I wish I didn't preorder my copy of Fire Red right now... I'd have waited it I'd known all that... I coulda preordered Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, for 10 bucks less! Dang... Ah well, they should still be semi-fun, even if I will never complete them... I don't have Colloseum, or a hacking device...

I heard that the Game Shark won't be compatable, and that the only hacking device that will be will be ActionReplay version 3, or something... Is that true, and if it is, how do you know what version that thing is, and where can you get one?

One more thing. Will the games be compatable with R/Y/B and/or G/S/C?
Serebii did some testing and Deoxys can be traded to R/S.

Emerald will have the Colosseum Exclusive Pokemon.

BladeCyberstrike
08-19-2004, 03:30 PM
What are the Colloseum exclusive Pokemon?
Are the games compatable with R/B/Y and/or G/S/C?
Will you need an e-reader to complete the games?
Will you need to win Nintentdo promotions/hack the games to complete them?
Will the games be compatable with Emerld when it comes out?

Cany anybody clear this up for me?

Matthew
08-19-2004, 05:45 PM
What are the Colloseum exclusive Pokemon? That you can find here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2865 ; Courtesy of Kan, of course.
Are the games compatable with R/B/Y and/or G/S/C? Of course not... were RS compatible?
Will you need an e-reader to complete the games? Not sure... Maybe if the use it like another Mystery Ticket...
Will you need to win Nintentdo promotions/hack the games to complete them? Probably to get to the last few Islands...
Will the games be compatable with Emerld when it comes out? I'm sure it would be... :Sweat:

Cany anybody clear this up for me?

These are not certain answers... they are what I think.

Scorch Ry
08-20-2004, 02:51 AM
-Question- For Fire Red or Leaf Green, will they have it where you can travel to Johto and Hoenn, or it just follows the Kanto League only?

-Question- For the League, will they have trainers battling against you or just the Elite 4 again?

BladeCyberstrike
08-20-2004, 04:19 PM
These are not certain answers... they are what I think.

Okay, thanks. So... Wait... What was the Mystery ticket?

Matthew
08-20-2004, 07:24 PM
Actually in RS it is called the Eon Ticket I beleive... it allows you to travel to Southern Island where you can cathc the Lati@s oppisote of the one in your game... I think anyway.

Lord Celebi
08-20-2004, 11:15 PM
-Question- For Fire Red or Leaf Green, will they have it where you can travel to Johto and Hoenn, or it just follows the Kanto League only?

-Question- For the League, will they have trainers battling against you or just the Elite 4 again?
All in Kanto and the Sevii Islands.

Same Elite 4 as R/B/Y.

BladeCyberstrike
08-21-2004, 03:17 AM
Actually in RS it is called the Eon Ticket I beleive... it allows you to travel to Southern Island where you can cathc the Lati@s oppisote of the one in your game... I think anyway.

Okay.... So what is that?

AshMistyMayfan
09-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Little embarrassed, but what are the names of the islands? I thought I read there are 7, but Prima was too cheap and put in only 3 of the islands where you got to save some kid. Are there other events on the island? ALso, where are all the berries? DO you have to trade a Pokemon holding berries over? IF so, where the heck do you plant them or do you just use them? And also, don't know where the Ruby/Sapphire rock is on the other islands.

Techno Treecko
09-15-2004, 11:37 AM
Now that the games are out, this is no longer a question thread. I plan on creating a new one with all the information in this thread (and credit where it's due), plus information from other threads. I'll have it up within a week or so hopefully.

ElimN8
09-22-2004, 02:20 AM
New thread up; includes everything in here plus some expnasions made by Treecko (still in progress).

>http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=93049#post93049

http://elimn8.4lifenet.net/locked.jpg