PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Bronze

Mooshykris
01-19-2005, 07:05 AM
Hi I'm Mooshykris and am working on a fangame called Pokemon Bronze Version. This game include all of the previous regions (Kanto, Orange Islands, (first time ever) Johto, Hoenn.) and a new Reigon called Pavvailion.

I will need a lot of help. I don't care what you can do.

The jobs I need are:
Music Designer(s) To design background music for the Pavvailion region.
Pokemon Artist(s) To draw Pokemon that we think up
Script Writer(s) To write the script, design backgrounds of characters, ect.
Pokemon Designer(s) To design the Pokemon
Attack Designer(s) To design attacks
Sound Effect Designer(s) To design sound effects.
Spriter(s) To turn art into sprites.
Graphic Designer(s) To make all of the special graphics. (attacks, ect.)
Artist(s) To draw cutscenes, ect.
Map Designer(s) To design the maps of the game.

More might come.

Here is the list of helpers right now:

Me: Leader
Nicoleb: Spriter, Map designer, Script writer
Lone Tiger: Map designer
Chaos: Pokemon Artist, Script Writer, Pokemon Designer, Attack Designer, Spriter, Graphic Designer, Artist,Map Designer

!Mooshykris~

Sign-ups end in 2 months

LaprasRider
01-19-2005, 11:42 PM
I'll try to make a map of the Paviallion region. Just give me the info on it.

By the way, how do we play it?

Mooshykris
01-20-2005, 12:05 AM
I'll try to make a map of the Paviallion region. Just give me the info on it.

By the way, how do we play it?

You don't make the whole map.

I could use help on one town or so.

nicoleb
01-20-2005, 12:12 AM
I'm working on "Topaz" town! ^^ It's good we have another map maker! We could use some more spriters, too.

Mooshykris
01-20-2005, 12:14 AM
I'm working on "Topaz" town! ^^ It's good we have another map maker! We could use some more spriters, too.

Yeah, I need a music designer too.

boltAge
01-20-2005, 06:13 AM
...Looks like you don't actually do a lot of stuff in this project, do you? :rolleyes:

Mooshykris
01-20-2005, 06:52 AM
...Looks like you don't actually do a lot of stuff in this project, do you? :rolleyes:

What do you mean?

boltAge
01-20-2005, 05:18 PM
What do you mean?
Everybody's making everything else, you only need to put all those stuff together. You shouldn't be the 'leader' or whatever of this project, simply because the work you've done may not necessarily be more than what another person has done.

Also, I can guarantee you that you won't find the amount of helpers you wanted. Nobody's that free.

Neo Emolga
01-20-2005, 05:28 PM
And, I'd hate to say it, but you'll definitely need lots, and lot of very skilled programmers as well. Pokemon may seem at first like its an easy game to program, but it's not. If you ever look at the end credits of a Pokemon game, yes, you'll see, it took quite a few people and many, many months to get it done.

Also, like boltAge said, the only way people get these kinds of ideas off the ground is if the leader sets deadlines, people stay motivated and on task, and the people working on it get paid for their efforts. Trust me, I'm a business major on his last year of college, I know what I'm talking about.

nicoleb
01-20-2005, 10:08 PM
And, I'd hate to say it, but you'll definitely need lots, and lot of very skilled programmers as well. Pokemon may seem at first like its an easy game to program, but it's not. If you ever look at the end credits of a Pokemon game, yes, you'll see, it took quite a few people and many, many months to get it done.

Also, like boltAge said, the only way people get these kinds of ideas off the ground is if the leader sets deadlines, people stay motivated and on task, and the people working on it get paid for their efforts. Trust me, I'm a business major on his last year of college, I know what I'm talking about.
Don't worry, Neo Pikachu. Chris knows how to program.

And why do you think that Chris should pay the people?! The whole point of a fangame is that you work on it for fun. Have you ever taken place in a fangame? I don't think many people get paid in the fan ones. They just do it for fun.

And how is he meant to give them the money, anyway? Mail it to them?

Mooshykris
01-21-2005, 12:16 AM

Also, Did you notice GS Advance? Why aren't you saying this to Kamon and his or her crew?

boltAge
01-21-2005, 03:04 AM
Also, Did you notice GS Advance? Why aren't you saying this to Kamon and his or her crew?
Point is that Kamon is actually dedicated to his game, and does most of the work himself(Programming, maps, stuff), meaning he doesn't have to take the risk of having like 43740 helpers disappearing and not doing their part. You're only doing the programming...apparently.

Anyway, happy project failing.

Neo Emolga
01-21-2005, 03:38 AM

For one thing, I already know Kamon, he's a senior member here, and I've seen some of the things he's done. Yes, he certainly does know his stuff and could possibly get the job done given enough time and resources. Since he's been here a long time and has been well respected, it's very likely that he'll get support. We already know Kamon is capable of getting the task done.

Maybe I'm wrong about you, but as far as I know, I've never seen anything that you have programmed. Maybe a good idea would be to post a link to anything you've done before so people know you're capable of the task (Like a resume). Maybe that might build confidence that you're really serious about this and you're not just some random guy looking out for people to build your idea.

And unlike Kamon, you're relatively new to the forum. Not too many people know you, and to gain their trust and confidence in you will definitely take some time.

I've seen quite a few fangame projects fail (to tell the truth, I've never seen one succed), solely for a lack of inspiration, motivation, team direction, leadership and a high amount of overall doubt the project will ever get completed. Deadlines don't seem to exist either, so there's very little direction in saying the first steps of the project should be completed within a certain time frame. Those who are working with you have no idea when they should get started on what they have to do or what you even expect from them.

I'll tell you right now, creating a game the size and magnitude of Pokemon is very, very hard. Either you get your act together, focus hard on the task and the direction of the project, and choose your staff carefully and based on what they're capable of and what they're willing to do, or this will end up just like all the others. I'm not trying to be mean, but to me, it just doesn't seem like you're prepared to go about doing this.

nicoleb
01-21-2005, 08:19 AM
For one thing, I already know Kamon, he's a senior member here, and I've seen some of the things he's done. Yes, he certainly does know his stuff and could possibly get the job done given enough time and resources. Since he's been here a long time and has been well respected, it's very likely that he'll get support. We already know Kamon is capable of getting the task done.

Maybe I'm wrong about you, but as far as I know, I've never seen anything that you have programmed. Maybe a good idea would be to post a link to anything you've done before so people know you're capable of the task (Like a resume). Maybe that might build confidence that you're really serious about this and you're not just some random guy looking out for people to build your idea.

And unlike Kamon, you're relatively new to the forum. Not too many people know you, and to gain their trust and confidence in you will definitely take some time.

I've seen quite a few fangame projects fail (to tell the truth, I've never seen one succed), solely for a lack of inspiration, motivation, team direction, leadership and a high amount of overall doubt the project will ever get completed. Deadlines don't seem to exist either, so there's very little direction in saying the first steps of the project should be completed within a certain time frame. Those who are working with you have no idea when they should get started on what they have to do or what you even expect from them.

I'll tell you right now, creating a game the size and magnitude of Pokemon is very, very hard. Either you get your act together, focus hard on the task and the direction of the project, and choose your staff carefully and based on what they're capable of and what they're willing to do, or this will end up just like all the others. I'm not trying to be mean, but to me, it just doesn't seem like you're prepared to go about doing this.
So let me get this strait, just because Chris is new here, you're telling him that he doesn't know what he's doing? Okay, sorry, from now on, I'll just look at everyones' posts, and if they have over a thousand, I'll talk to them. Or, I can just ask you, since you seem to think you know what you're talking about...

I repect Kamon a lot, too. I'm helping with GS project. But just because Chris is new, doesn't mean he's useless and not capable. You were new once, too, you know...

I feel really bad, too. I'm the one who told Chris about this site, and said it was a good place to make a game-club. But now you're just biting his head off.

Please don't do it anymore. If you don't want to be a part of this, then stop posting here.

Chris, show him some of the things you've done. He's very good, you know. I didn't want his abilities to go to waist.

Mooshykris
01-21-2005, 08:25 AM
1. My Star Rank Service Project for Boy Scouts: http://www.geocities.com/t8snjc/ I did it with out any help.

2. My Forum: http://s8.invisionfree.com/Superscout_Forums/index.php

I'll show more later.

Point is that Kamon is actually dedicated to his game, and does most of the work himself(Programming, maps, stuff), meaning he doesn't have to take the risk of having like 43740 helpers disappearing and not doing their part. You're only doing the programming...apparently.

Who said I'm not spriting, or anything else?

Anyway, happy project failing.'
That's it I'm reporting you!

PokemonElite2000
01-21-2005, 09:23 PM
I share the same concern as many have expressed already, that this is a very difficult project. However, I'm not here to tell you to quit or whatever, you learn a lot from success and failures. On that note, I would appreciate people being polite in this situation in their feedback.

And good luck on the game :wink: .

Crossfire Chaos
01-21-2005, 10:38 PM
I'll help here also, It seems that it might be fun.

I will do:

Pokemon Artist
Script Writer
Pokemon Designer
Attack Designer
Spriter
Graphic Designer
Artist
Map Designer

Mooshykris
01-21-2005, 10:50 PM
I'll help here also, It seems that it might be fun.

I will do:

Pokemon Artist
Script Writer
Pokemon Designer
Attack Designer
Spriter
Graphic Designer
Artist
Map Designer

Ok, your in.

Neo Emolga
01-22-2005, 02:01 AM
So let me get this strait, just because Chris is new here, you're telling him that he doesn't know what he's doing? Okay, sorry, from now on, I'll just look at everyones' posts, and if they have over a thousand, I'll talk to them. Or, I can just ask you, since you seem to think you know what you're talking about...
When most project managers want to start a project, they usually lay out everything so everyone knows what needs to be done and how to do it. I'm just saying that it would be a good idea for Chris to do that. What does Chris have in mind for this project, and what would Chris like to see when the project is complete? That's all I recommend, I didn't mean to sound harsh.

I repect Kamon a lot, too. I'm helping with GS project. But just because Chris is new, doesn't mean he's useless and not capable. You were new once, too, you know...
I never said Chris was useless and not capable, he could be very capable, I'm just not sure because I don't know him at all. I'm quite certain there are many extremely experienced programmers out there. And yes, I was new to the forum at one point, but I didn't start off being a member here by requesting other people to do work for me. I focused more on being a helpful part of the community first and gaining the trust and respect of others before anything else. And, these things take time of course, that's all I'm saying.

I feel really bad, too. I'm the one who told Chris about this site, and said it was a good place to make a game-club. But now you're just biting his head off.
I'm only giving my advice on what I've learned and what I've seen from past experiences. I've giving it to you because I'd rather see you start off on the right track and not fall into a trap along the way. Whether you and/or Chris decide to listen and consider it or completely ignore it, that's your choice, I'm fine with either decision.

Please don't do it anymore. If you don't want to be a part of this, then stop posting here.
Fine, I'll respect your request, but please don't go thinking I was out to ruin this project of yours when I was only trying to give honest advice and recommendations.

Mooshykris
01-22-2005, 03:23 AM
When most project managers want to start a project, they usually lay out everything so everyone knows what needs to be done and how to do it. I'm just saying that it would be a good idea for Chris to do that. What does Chris have in mind for this project, and what would Chris like to see when the project is complete? That's all I recommend, I didn't mean to sound harsh.

I never said Chris was useless and not capable, he could be very capable, I'm just not sure because I don't know him at all. I'm quite certain there are many extremely experienced programmers out there. And yes, I was new to the forum at one point, but I didn't start off being a member here by requesting other people to do work for me. I focused more on being a helpful part of the community first and gaining the trust and respect of others before anything else. And, these things take time of course, that's all I'm saying.

I'm only giving my advice on what I've learned and what I've seen from past experiences. I've giving it to you because I'd rather see you start off on the right track and not fall into a trap along the way. Whether you and/or Chris decide to listen and consider it or completely ignore it, that's your choice, I'm fine with either decision.

Fine, I'll respect your request, but please don't go thinking I was out to ruin this project of yours when I was only trying to give honest advice and recommendations.

I will lay out stuff. I'm looking for members first. Then we will work together at making the game.

Mooshykris
01-26-2005, 01:10 PM
News Flash:

Pokemon Bronze Version is closed.

I would like to have a moderator close this.

Jack of Clovers
01-27-2005, 01:51 AM
sorry you were given a hard time about your project. Sometimes it's easier to criticize than compliment. you should continue it if it's your hearts desire, no matter what other people say. good luck.

as requested, group closed.

~Jack~