PDA

View Full Version : Mistery of the Temple - Academy Quest (The Discussion Thread)

MikaelO
07-27-2007, 10:07 PM
You know what you can do here, but I explain:

.News (I post them, you post them)

.Ideas (You post them, I post them, We discuss them)

.Fun (Everybody ENJOY!)

Now that you know the truth! Enjoy the Rp as much you can!

Athena Kanerudo
07-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Hmm Idea’s … I do have some major things for Kiriha in mind ^^

Her Pikachu for a example is going to be responsible for many futile attempts to make the other academy members try to befriend Kiriha . Mainly because Kiriha doesn’t have enough trust/Courage to walk up to the others and try to become friends .

I’m also still playing with the thought of a little something in my mind . While I was daydreaming (Something I do allot) I imaged the academy class having a field trip to a location that was isolated from the outside world where they should train with their Pokémon in a attempt to learn more about them in hard situations (During this period Kiriha also would receive a Pokémon egg from her home ) . I had this idea of a wild Pokémon kidnapping Kiriha’s Pokéballs and the sudden disappearance of Houndoom makes her think the other students wanted to get her back for the many cruel and cold things she said to the them and might had kidnapped her Pokémon what leads her in a small verbal fight with the rest before she runs away from the camp .

A while later she actually trips and hurts herself what gets her reminded of how she nearly lost her life long ago because of her reckless behavior and during the night she sneaks toward one of the students their camp and begs him/her to save her Pokémon with her while the rest is asleep . (The area is known to be infested with Pokémon)

This is more or less my own idea on making Kiriha capable of gaining one person as a friend while remaining true to her character (Since she would even give her life to protect her own Pokémon).

MikaelO
07-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Yeah! I think your ideas are ok! This isn't your first RP, is it?

And I like that field trip idea! I think we can use it, in order to get the characters more close, specially when Kiriha is kidnapped!

Athena Kanerudo
07-27-2007, 10:34 PM
This is my first pokémon roleplay . So far I have only started roleplaying hmm 2 or 3 months ago . And since I live in Belgium and never learned English at school my grammar is a little bad~

And Kiriha doesnt get kidnapped ^^ it is her Pokémon that gets kidnapped but the thought that the other students might had stole them had led her to her usual reckless behavior and after a verbal fight she left but later returns to a single person ( most likely the one that will have been the kindest to her so far) and beg him/her to help her save her Pokémon that disappeared .

Still the fact Kiriha and another student will be gone might be enough to make the group work together as a team to find them .

Another idea I had in mind for Kiriha personaly was a more comedy one .

Basically Kiriha would never leave her room at night since she prefers to more cute looking pajama’s and if the public ever combines the words Cute and girlish with the name Kiriha then problems would come . But what if Kiriha needed to go outside for doing something like going to the toilet , but when she returns she finds out her Bayleef was angry for forgetting the promise to go out and play with her what ends up in Bayleef using her vine attack to lock the door and Kiriha angry smashing against her door until people come to check and Kiriha quickly goes hiding . The next morning Kiriha doesn’t show up (since she is still in her Pajama’s) and people start to look for her , leading it more or less in a amusing hunt event as Kiriha tries to find a way back in her room while the rest searches around or does want they want ^^

sockyo
07-27-2007, 10:38 PM
I like your ideas! Are you sure that you started RPing 2 or 3 months ago?

MikaelO
07-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I agree with sockyo! You are good, good and good for a Belgium that has grammar problems! :biggrin:

I think we're gonna have a good RP, with all theses characters! I know you all, and Athena seems really good for the RP.

What if we start the RP tomorrow afternoon/evening?

Athena Kanerudo
07-27-2007, 10:47 PM
*nods softly* Yep , only have a few months of experience so far~ But I did improve allot thanks to a professional roleplayer I met a while ago . Still roleplaying a theme like Pokémon certainly is different .

I still remember that long time ago me and my little brother and sister grew bored when there was nothing to do and we would go in our garden and roleplayed Pokémon in the real world for a few hours ^^ everyone had their favorite started and we departed on adventure’s . It was really amusing when the people who passed our garden hear us talking against each other about badges or the latest Pokémon news . Hehe good old Pokémon times …

Another amusing idea I had is a couple/duo test . The academy members would be forced to team up with another member (depending on the style of event you can alter the teams to make for a example Rivals with each other what would lead to a more serious event or friends in order for some comedy ) And they would be told to fulfill many tasks that can go from a 2 vs 2 Pokémon battle to more daily tasks they and their Pokémon would need to do .

But I think if I would add Athena to the roleplay it would create some more amusing scene's . If you wish I can make her join also as a second charachter ( I simply need to alter her original profile to fit with the rp .)

MikaelO
07-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Athena, your character is fine! And your getting just into the main idea of the RP! As the time goes by, we'll see what ideas we can 'put in stage'!

What do you think stating this out, tomorrow evening/afternoon?

Athena Kanerudo
07-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Any time is fine I guess~ We got around 5 students already that could serve as the first batch of trainers . You could start the roleplay and if any more students join they could be transfer students . Also a good idea would be to make certain it not get too crowded to place a limit on the amount of students to join for a while . Then after a few events passed you could announce a new year in what the students would moved up a year and a new batch of students can join . If you make the amount equal to the amount of the previous year’s you could create a unique sempai (upperclass-men) system in with a student would be ‘linked’ to a student who already has been around for a year . This can forge a unique bond between both trainers . But that was just a idea I had in mind~

Kiriha “ So to explain short you are going to make me take care of some greenies later on ?”

User : Hehe certainly Onee-sama~

Kiriha “You watched to many high school anime’s !”

MikaelO
07-27-2007, 11:04 PM
The objective is not getting the RPers in a soap-opera, but you're ideas are fine for the plot, we can use them when all the characters are still on the Academy.
The objective is to get to the Temple, by the Prof. Linus. From the on, we'll see what happens.

Athena Kanerudo
07-27-2007, 11:09 PM
I see , I still had a question~

Could you describe the surroundings of the Academy a little ? I'm still uncertain how the area around it would look like .

MikaelO
07-27-2007, 11:13 PM
I will describe it in the beggining of the RP tomorrow!

Gotta go now! HAPPY RPs!

Athena Kanerudo
07-27-2007, 11:16 PM
See ya~ Hopefully we will have fun tommorow , a adventure will await us ^^

sockyo
07-28-2007, 10:05 PM
When are we going to start? I can't wait!

Just Leo
07-29-2007, 12:14 AM
I dunno how to post my opening. .-. Athena's was long. Anything to go by? Or something happening I can jump in on?

Hazmat
07-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Sigh.
Sorry for being SO late.
I was looking for a role play to join, and saw there was one slot left in this one.
I'm REALLY excited for it, actually. I love the plot idea.
So, yeah. My character is Rayne Carter.
This is from my entry form. I think it might help you understand Rayne a little.

Personality: Rayne is a very shy, reserved individual. Throughout his childhood, Rayne kept himself isolated from other children, and frankly, they didn't mind at all. Rayne is not one to open up to others, and always keeps his emotions inside, therefore making him lose almost any friend he ever has the chance to obtain. Having a fisherman as a father, Rayne also has a strong interest in water Pokemon.

History: Rayne's past is very obscure, as there is no evidence of where he came from. When a massive monsoon hit Mossdeep, all of the city's residents locked their doors and hid from the danger outside. However, one man chose to brave the storm, as it was told that many Sharpedo would be approaching the coast. That man was Destin Carter, a lone fisherman who was looked down apon by the residents of Mossdeep for his unusual behavior and impulsive personality. However, when Destin went out that night, he found more than Sharpedo. While fishing, he spied a bundle of blankets floating in the rough ocean. The brave fisherman waded further into the tides until he was able to reach out and grab the bundle. Inside was a baby boy, with pale blond hair. Its eyes were closed and it didn't make a sound, and Destin assumed it was no longer alive. However, when he brought it into his shack, the baby opened its piercing aquamarine eyes. Destin was amazed at the baby, and when no one claimed it, he became its legal father. Destin named the boy Rayne, symbolizing the harsh storm in which he was found. As Rayne grew older, he took an immediate interest in the Mossdeep Space Center. He dedicated his life to the study of Science, but when he was turned down for a summer job at the Space Station, Rayne's spirit broke. However, that same day, Rayne found his one true friend: a Vaporeon as it appeared at the shore. Rayne kept the Pokemon and they became close companions. Eventually, Destin earned enough money to send his son to the Academy, and this is where Rayne's journey begins.

Yeah, so on the lines of the story, I think Rayne should definately have some self-discovery and such. Something to help him build some confidence and help in the quest. Maybe even a little romance might do. =]

Anyways, I can't wait to see where this RP goes!

Hazmat
07-30-2007, 03:05 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I have another idea.
And, I guess double posts might be ok in this kind of thread.
Anyway, just another way to develop my character, and weave him into the plot.
Oh, vanity. =]

Anyway, I just read Athena's ideas, and I love them.
But I've got something to add, with Rayne in mind.

Ok, so. I think it would be interesting if Rayne develops a sort of "crush" on Kiriha.
Since they have complete opposite personalities,
t would make for a different kind of twist in the plot.
Kiriha is a rich, snooty person, while Rayne is shy with very little
experience in talking to people (especially girls =] ).

So, this crush could just be an underlying component,
that is, until Kiriha runs away.
Then, maybe some characters could have a
"well, she never cared about us" kind of attitude.
But Rayne sets out to find her, worrying for her saftey.

Now, this will develop his confidence
as he will have to face his fears to save someone he loves.

Yes, I know this is all about Rayne,
but it was just an idea I got after reading Athena's ideas.

Any thoughts?

Athena Kanerudo
07-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Kiriha and a boy who gets a romantic interest in her *Got to resist the urge to burst out in laughter*

That would be amusing .I always tried to make Kiriha as mean as possible as it would fit her . It would be funny to see it happen since Kiriha would be unable to act kind and girlish since she doesn’t know how to do that . Still a couple of questions would come up when you start talking about a crush

1 What is it that interests Rayne in Kiriha ? Is it her good looks ? I doubt it would be her personality since she already became mean to him when he entered .

2 How far would he go to try to open her heart ? She is actually a very shy girl and most likely will require allot of time and actions to open her feelings .

3 Kiriha ‘might’ leave the Academy would she find the things get pointless . What would Rayne do then ? Would he stay behind with the crew or would he travel together with her back to Kaze city .

You should think about those kind of things when you’re going to make your character have a romantic interest in someone , especially someone so negative in character as Kiriha ^^

Hazmat
07-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Hmm. This is pretty hard.
Maybe the romance isn't such a good idea after all.
But, I guess for now, we should just see where it goes, and decide later.
However, Kiriha seems to have opened up a little to Rayne.
Who knows where this is going!