PDA

View Full Version : Escaflowne

Tidus24
03-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Who thinks that Escaflowne is a great anime, say your opinions, and if you didn't liked say why.
For me, I loved it, simply the best, the characters and the story :biggrin: .

Dre@mWe@ver
03-16-2004, 02:07 PM
The storyline was alright, but the animation wasn't that great if you ask me, I personally detest the way they draw the noses, makes the characters look so odd. :silenced:

Tidus24
03-16-2004, 05:03 PM
The thing with noses, have one reason.
Like you, Escaflowne is based in Medieval European look, the oriental see us the ocidental has big noosed.
If you see the chinese/japanese ceramic of XV or XVI with europeans, the europeans all have big noses, that's for me, one of the biggest reasons, for that.

Jisaku the Dragon Tamer
03-22-2004, 01:45 AM
I've always wondered what Escaflowne was about. Ppl always talked about it, but I never really knew the plot. Care to enlighten me, pweeze?

Btw, how does one pronounce "Escaflowne"? I've heard several variations.

Tidus24
03-22-2004, 12:32 PM
I've always wondered what Escaflowne was about. Ppl always talked about it, but I never really knew the plot. Care to enlighten me, pweeze?

Btw, how does one pronounce "Escaflowne"? I've heard several variations.

Here's the beginning:
One fateful day, high school sprinter Hitomi Kanzaki experiences a disturbing vision of another world and discovers from her best friend that Amano (the track team star she has a crush on) is about to go abroad. On an impulse, she asks him the next day for her first kiss -- if she can sprint 100 meters in thirteen seconds. But then, a young warrior prince and a dragon appears before Hitomi during the run ....

The story evolves in complexity in which episode.
Here some sites:
(series)
http://www.anime.net/escaflowne/
http://www.escaflowneonline.com/
http://www.lizzard.net/Escaflowne/ (movie)
You can use Kazza or Imesh to get the episodes and the movie.
Or simply buy the DVDs

Escaflowne is pronounce: SS-CA-Flou-Ne

DragonShane
03-23-2004, 06:32 PM
Ah, I've been a fan of the series for years now, even though I've only seen a bit of the series (and those were the butchered episodes that FOX aired), as well as the movie.
I've also been collecting the mangas thus far, which are pretty interesting, even if isn't exactly based on the anime.
I thought the animation was pretty good for both the series and movie...the noses did seem a bit long, but I think that's in part to the animators (I've noticed that the style for Heat Guy J is similar in these ways).

Rogue28
04-13-2004, 06:06 PM
I thought Escaflowne was a cool anime, though, unfortunately for me, I didn't get to see the last 3/4s of the series. It was good anyway, especially the fighting scenes. The storyline was good, well, from the few episodes I've seen.

KenshinU
04-13-2004, 11:35 PM
Hm... I tried to watch it, but.... :sweat: ...I didn't really like the art style... But I know, I will have to watch it someday.... :tongue2: