PDA

View Full Version : The Cheating Champion

Manjoume Jun
01-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Over the years I have seen Lance to be a really cool character, not just for his use of Dragon-type Pokémon, but for his overall aura of power and collectiveness.

But, for anybody who does not know, Lance is in fact a downright cheater...

I doubt I'm the only one to notice this, as I've known about it for a heck of a long time, but meh, why not voice it for anyone who doesn't know, :P

Lance's Aerodactyl knows Rock Slide, and despite this being rather strange for such a Pokémon, during the time of GSC, there was no way Aerodactyl could learn Rock Slide without cheating, hell it couldn't even learn the TM from RBY.

I'm not sure if there are any more "cheat" trainers in any of the games, but if you have spotted one, one that isn't an obvious glitch of some sort, post it here, or leave your comments about the above phenomenon.

boltAge
01-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Would you like a cookie for discovering that?

...You know, people discovered this year ago.

And it's in various walkthroughs.

mlugia
01-28-2005, 03:06 PM
As far as I know, Lance is the only trainer who was found out as a cheater, both for the RS aero, and for the Dragonite in RBY that had Barrier...

ashkelon
01-28-2005, 04:14 PM
If DMD doesn't want the cookie, I'll take it. :oops: I never noticed it either.

Manjoume Jun
01-28-2005, 05:02 PM
If you read the first post Raik, you'd notice that I'm quite obviously aware I didn't discover this, I just wanted to mention it to see if anyone wanted to comment on it.

If you can't reply in a decent manner, just don't reply please, I didn't ask for your sarcastic comments, :susp:

Anyways, it would be neat to look for one or two more cheating trainers, but I myself haven't really spotted anything else except Lance...

Although now that you mention it, I do remember that Dragonite having Barrier... guess I never gave it enough though, :tongue:

boltAge
01-28-2005, 05:09 PM
If you read the first post Raik, you'd notice that I'm quite obviously aware I didn't discover this, I just wanted to mention it to see if anyone wanted to comment on it.

If you can't reply in a decent manner, just don't reply please, I didn't ask for your sarcastic comments, :susp:

Anyways, it would be neat to look for one or two more cheating trainers, but I myself haven't really spotted anything else except Lance...

Although now that you mention it, I do remember that Dragonite having Barrier... guess I never gave it enough though, :tongue:
...Okay, fine, not 'discovering' but 'knowing', happy?

And you're going to like, do what exactly to try to stop me from posting? As far as I know, that post should not be offending anyone, of course, we have so many oversensitive people here who thinks "YOU SAID MORON! YOU BROKE MY HEART!!".

I still find no point in talking about something supposedly a glitch that was discovered years ago, it just isn't worth the talking anymore.

Manjoume Jun
01-28-2005, 05:14 PM
I never said I could stop you, and I never said I would try to stop you, I just think you should lighten up a little, you always seem to give off an agitated feel to your posts.

But then again, as I keep saying, I can't stop you.

Anyways... do you reckon it's genuinely just a glitch, or do you reckon it was done just to make it a little more powerful?

Not that Rock Slide is much of a threat, especially with the AI as it is, lol.

But then again, Aerodactyl's GSC moveset with TMs wasn't exactly the best in the world, but it not being able to learn Rock Slide is just odd, :P

boltAge
01-28-2005, 05:16 PM
I never said I could stop you, and I never said I would try to stop you, I just think you should lighten up a little, you always seem to give off an agitated feel to your posts.

But then again, as I keep saying, I can't stop you.

Anyways... do you reckon it's genuinely just a glitch, or do you reckon it was done just to make it a little more powerful?

Not that Rock Slide is much of a threat, especially with the AI as it is, lol.

But then again, Aerodactyl's GSC moveset with TMs wasn't exactly the best in the world, but it not being able to learn Rock Slide is just odd, :P
Well, good, you're not trying to stop me, that's nice.

I'd say it's just a glitch... They just threw moves onto Pokemon without checking if they could learn it. Like anyone would certainly think Aerodactyl could learn Rock Slide, but unfortunately not.

Manjoume Jun
01-28-2005, 05:22 PM
I just checked and thankfully it now can learn Rock Slide via the FR-LG move tutor who teaches it, which means that I might very well use Aerodactyl in my FR file eventually... but anyways, this is a GSC board, lol.

Well, if there ain't much more to say, then unless anyone else has any input, I guess this thread might as well be locked, either that or just left, :P

Thanks for the comments peeps!

paperfairy
01-29-2005, 04:40 AM
I found a few "cheaters" in game:

Falkner
Level 9 Pidgeotto

Lance
Level 50 Dragonite

I used to have a whole list of these, but I lost it....

-PF

Thoughts: =[

boltAge
01-29-2005, 05:36 AM
I found a few "cheaters" in game:

Falkner
Level 9 Pidgeotto

Lance
Level 50 Dragonite

I used to have a whole list of these, but I lost it....

-PF

Thoughts: =[
Level 9 Pidgeottos can be found in RBY Viridian Forest... Rare though. I dunno if it's Yellow only or RBY, but w/e.

Thanatos
01-29-2005, 07:33 AM
Raik, just to back up your point, I caught a level nine pidgeotto in the viridian forest. This was in yellow.

paperfairy
01-29-2005, 04:10 PM
Oh. Sorry about that.

But STILL, lvl 50 Dragonite?

-PF

Thoughts: CHEATERS!!!

Thanatos
01-29-2005, 04:26 PM
It's not that big a deal. In game trainers are simple anyway.

.AzureLight
01-30-2005, 07:26 PM
The level 9 Pidgeotto is still... well... not normal, because Pidgey evolves at level 18... 9 levels later. :eh:

400th Post!

LuigiWithCheese
01-31-2005, 03:15 AM
I remember someone in Pokemon Stadium 2 had like 2 or 3 Pokemon that didn't learn attacks until Crystal from the Move Tutor

:cool: But that didn't stop me from kicking their carcuss

mlugia
01-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Lv 9 Pidgeotto isn't a threat b/c the pidgey family sucks to begin with ._.

I feel so sorry for them cuz it's a majestic bird type. Much better looking than Fearow or Dodrio >=(

LuigiWithCheese
02-01-2005, 11:59 PM
:ermm: Yeah, Pidgey's family is the prettiest Normal/Flying ever, Swablu being the cutest

Ironshell Blastoise
02-09-2005, 03:48 AM
Some kid with bird pokemon in GSC on the path before the ice cave to Blackthorne, I think his punk ass has a level 30 Pidgeot or something.

And another *** on the way to the E4 cheats, forgot his monster though.

Demon_Shiron
02-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Over the years I have seen Lance to be a really cool character, not just for his use of Dragon-type Pokémon, but for his overall aura of power and collectiveness.

But, for anybody who does not know, Lance is in fact a downright cheater...

I doubt I'm the only one to notice this, as I've known about it for a heck of a long time, but meh, why not voice it for anyone who doesn't know, :P

Lance's Aerodactyl knows Rock Slide, and despite this being rather strange for such a Pokémon, during the time of GSC, there was no way Aerodactyl could learn Rock Slide without cheating, hell it couldn't even learn the TM from RBY.

I'm not sure if there are any more "cheat" trainers in any of the games, but if you have spotted one, one that isn't an obvious glitch of some sort, post it here, or leave your comments about the above phenomenon.
Plus, he has a LV47 and LV50 Dragonite when Dragonair doesn't even evolve until LV55! But why are there evolved Poke'mon in the wild at LVs before the pre-evolution evolves? Some examples are LV7 Pidgeotto's, LV19 Dugtrio's, and others.

Blast Burn
02-10-2005, 08:24 PM
A few times in the wild, I would find stuff like Lv. 26 Rattata, Lv. 18 Raticate, ect.

Ganon
02-11-2005, 05:02 PM
A few times in the wild, I would find stuff like Lv. 26 Rattata, Lv. 18 Raticate, ect.

yeh but the 26 rattata is nothing wrong because pokémon dont have to evolve do they? :happy:

Blast Burn
02-11-2005, 08:23 PM
yeh but the 26 rattata is nothing wrong because pokémon dont have to evolve do they? :happy:I just figured "Heck, why is this thing above level? This is only a game! Not completely realistic to the show, where wild pokemon can decide wheather or not they want to evolve!"
That's just my opinion.

FinalThunder
02-11-2005, 09:25 PM
it just works like that and i hate that to because it hard getting a pokemon to level 55 when all the trainers have pokemon below that level

Demon_Shiron
03-16-2005, 04:33 PM
As far as I know, Lance is the only trainer who was found out as a cheater, both for the RS aero, and for the Dragonite in RBY that had Barrier...
There are other cheating trainers. On the S.S. Aqua there's this Pokemaniac who has a LV 33 Muk, but Grimer doesn't evolve 'til LV38. Of course, he could've caught it in the wild. :oops:

thepokingmaster123
03-17-2005, 02:23 AM
OH MY FING GOD, FIRELOVER!!!!!!!!! STPO REVIVING THREADS!!! THIS IS LIKE THE TENTH AWAKENED THREAD BY YOU I SEEN!!! U NEED TO GET THE MESSAGE!!! OR, EVEN BANNED!!! STOP!!! HEED MY WORD!!! IF U KEEP DOING THIS, U WILL GET BANNED!!! OMG!!!

lock, plz...

Manjoume Jun
03-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Erm, pokingmaster, that applies to you too, you should try to refrain from using caps in your entire post, especially when the point you stated was obvious, and didn't require such reckless use of upper-case lettering.

Anyways, I do agree either way, this thread had been long gone for over a month, so it didn't need to be revived, and should therefore be locked.

Besides, almost everyone who posted here went way off topic, the whol thread was about trainers in the games who used Pokémon with attacks which they cannot learn, as these are quite rare to find.

The fact that some trainers and some wild Pokémon are under-evolved is blindingly obvious for most people who have played the game for a while.

Anyways, as stated, this thread can either be locked, or left alone, I'd prefer it if it wasn't revived any further.

Demon_Shiron
04-04-2005, 06:03 PM
The level 9 Pidgeotto is still... well... not normal, because Pidgey evolves at level 18... 9 levels later. :eh:

400th Post!
Yeah, but Pidgeotto can be caught at LV7 between Viridian and Pewter.

Demon_Shiron
04-04-2005, 06:07 PM
I have a list of cheating trainers in my head!

1.Huey's LV23 Poliwhirl
2.Some Hiker's LV19 Dugtrio
3.Rival's LV20 Haunter
4.People in Ecruteak Gym with LV20 Haunters
5.Euscine's LV25 Electrode (in Crystal)
6.LV17 Umbreons and Espeons (It takes longer than that to make it love you!)
7.This one birdkeeper in the lighthouse who has a LV15 Fearow
I'll have to find some more later...

absol2005
04-08-2005, 10:51 PM
don't double post(people have their edit button for what? for watching the scizor on it? :goofy: )

LunaFlame
04-08-2005, 11:27 PM
I sort of noticed that too

Manjoume Jun
04-16-2005, 01:03 AM
To Firelover, absol2005, and LunaFlame: I clearly stated in my last post here that I was NOT talking about underlevelled Pokémon, so try reading next time!

To just Firelover: Firstly, not only did you break a rule by reviving a dead thread, but you also double posted, which is a double whammy in itself, DON'T DO IT!

This thread was long gone, so let's leave it that way!

jozza_90
04-18-2005, 05:51 AM
who cares if lance cheated and that falkners pidgeotto is lvl nine (extra exp)
they are still very easy to beat

Manjoume Jun
04-19-2005, 05:25 AM
*sigh* It doesn't look as if this thread is gonna' be laid to rest, so unless it is locked, discussion on the subject might as well continue, in which case I guess I should re-state the topic at hand:

I originally pointed out the fact that Lance's Aerodactyl on G/S/C has the move Rock Slide, which Aerodactyl cannot learn outside of using a cheat device.

Despite what MANY people assumed, I am NOT talking about those Pokémon seen which have evolved prematurely (eg. Falkner's L9 Pidgeotto), I'm talking about any Pokémon you have seen which have used moves they cannot learn.

They may not be in great numbers, but that's what the discussion was originally about because that's what I would like to find more out about.

Suisho Ai
04-19-2005, 02:08 PM
:cheeky: hehe, you're anime guy is hot!

(talk about off the subject!)