PDA

View Full Version : PE2K's Elementalists (Now ready for Challengers)

haoyang
08-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Hello all, I have my own battle thread on here, and I've learned much. I've learned that you can't be the "Best" because it's theoretically impossible to win absolutely 100% of the time...

example? some can beat skarm/bliss combos easily... I can't. But those who can often get creamed by my team.

Some teams can't beat legends.... I can crush most legends teams... I do it for fun sometimes, but some teams that can't beat legends can destroy my team...

enough said... pokemon is a big rock-paper-scizor game.

I was thinking, "hm... in that case, pokemon overall is about having fun... but I only have fun when I battle... I thirst for pokeblood... it's in my nature... but I also have honor. I want to win fairly. I don't like it when people hack their pokes... so how do I make battling more even?"

As I thought along these lines and as I looked at the leagues already on this forum, I realized that I can make things more fair by making a league that attempts to make battles more even with strict rules that will be fun if followed.

Let me explain.

This is the Elementalist League.
A league that was spawned from my thread in the strategy section called "how's the weather? (a weather effects question)"

after reading the answers it dawned upon me.

Nature is the greatest equalizer in pokemon. or the closest thing to it.
An electric might not fight well against a rock type... but in rain, it's zap cannon has higher accuracy and can kill better...
Solarbeam can go without charging up in the sun and fire moves are raised as well as water moves decreased...

these are just some of the gifts that mother nature gives us in pokemon.

The elementalist league will try to conform to nature... go with nature's flow... and ultimately thrive in nature.

There will be 4 different elements.
The HAIL league
The SANDSTORM league
The RAIN league
The SUNNYDAY league.

Within each league there will be a ranking system... you must challenge people in that ranking system to try to climb to the top. The top trainer in any league will be given the title Hail/rain/sunnyday/sandstorm Elementalist.

Why does this make things fair you say?

This league isn't about winning the battle with the deadliest combo :biggrin: It is about winning with the help of nature. Because by being in harmony with nature, your pokemon will most likely be able to work as a team. It will force you to think "Hmmm... how do I make a team that can take advantage of a sand storm? etc..."

it is about the beauty of strategy involved.

To win a challenge within a league, the weather effects specified must be used throughout the battle. any attempt by any battler to change the weather will result in disqualification from that league. It is optional to use the weather to your benefit, but that is the only weather effect that is allowed in the battle. So when challenging in a league... try to make teams that can benefit from that league's weather.

Official rules:
1. Only the weather specified by the name of the league is allowed.

2. The only Ubers allowed are Groudon and Kyogre and they must only be used in their own leagues... groudon in sunny league, kyogre in raindance league.

3. Non Uber legends are allowed... such as celebi and manaphy.

4. No more than 2 legends per team.

5. You are required to tell your opponent if you are going to use groudon or kyogre.. not doing so will result in disqualification.

6. You are not allowed to have more than 1 of the same pokemon... in other words you can't have 2 groudons on your team.

7. IF you take someone's spot, you and that person switches places on the league's rankings..

8. To take someone's spot, you must have 3 battles. 2 battles in lv 100 Singles, and one battle in lv 100 Doubles... the winner of 2 or more battles will take the other person's spot, unless the winner has the higher ranking. If a tie results in one of the battles and the other two are split wins, then a tie-breaker lv 100 doubles must be played.

9. You may challenge anyone up to 3 above your rank. Rank 2 can only challenge rank 1. rank 3 can only challenge rank 2 and 3.

10. You may not challenge the same person twice in one week unless your rank has changed in that week.

11. If the rankings change due to a challenge, it is your responsibilty to PM me the results. the loser of the rank must confirm your victory. Good sportsmanship is expected of all players.

12. harrassing comments or indecency will result in a disqualification (losing your rank) and a warning. If it happens a second time after a warning has been given, the player may be banned from ALL of the Elementalist Leagues...

13. To enter the league you must follow all the above rules and challenge the lowest ranking player in that weather league and win.

14. The lowest player upon losing will move down one rank.. if he/she was the 30th place, then the winner becomes the 30th place and he/she becomes the 31st.

15. Player may be entered in multiple leagues... since anyone can have multiple teams... but do so at your own discretion... because....

16. If you are challenged and do not respond within a week, and the challenger has not canceled the challenge before then, you will be removed from the league due to inactivity... You must reenter the league the hard way, UNLESS you declare a vacation. I will reserve your place for one week max. (that's really 2 weeks since you can get challenged the second week and not respond... only on the 3rd week will you be kicked if you don't come back)

17. players may not challenge more than one person at a time. If you want to challenge a different person, your previous challenge must be canceled or withdrawn.

18. To challenge or cancel a challenge, you must post on this thread. Please remember the page number of your challenge. ALSO, you must PM the person you are challenging, and notify them on the same day of your post on this thread.

19. I reserve the right to change the above rules.

20. To start off the league anyone interested in joining must battle me using the above rules. You do not have to win... But you must impress me, since you'll be the Elementalist...

21. You must accept challenges if you can. If you are online and you have an active challenge, you must respond if you are able to... if I catch you dodging challenges you will be disqualified and possibly be removed from the league.

22. YOU MUST BE PATIENT WITH ME!! I can't promise that I'll be online everyday... but I'll try my best to log on at least once a day to update ranks

23. You may only switch ranks once a day (lol, ok, that'll help me a bit... I don't want to be too busy, plus this will make defending your ranks a bit easier)

24. Last rank protection clause: the last ranking member of any league can only be challenged by 2 non members a day.

THE RANKINGS....

SUNNY DAY LEAGUE
SUNNY DAY ELEMENTALIST: FeFe31619
Rank 2
Rank 3
etc...

SAND STORM LEAGUE

SAND STORM ELEMENTALIST: Kill_shot
rank 2
rank 3

RAIN DANCE LEAGUE

RAIN ELEMENTALIST:
rank 2
rank 3

HAIL LEAGUE

HAIL ELEMENTALIST:
rank 2
rank 3

If you are the elementalist, you may request a different name than Elementalist if you can defend your position for more than 2 weeks. Otherwise your title will remain as the ELEMENTALIST of that weather.

If anyone has any questions or comments please pm me...
ENJOY!:biggrin:

kill_shot
08-04-2007, 10:15 AM
I would like to be in the sandstorm league.

haoyang
08-04-2007, 10:21 AM
I would like to be in the sandstorm league.

Because of our great battles just now, I'll let you be the first sandstorm elemental. Good luck holding your spot!

kill_shot
08-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Thank you very much..
I was hoping for that.

LatinoSoldier
08-04-2007, 10:28 AM
hey id like to try out =)

haoyang
08-04-2007, 10:37 AM
hey id like to try out =)

what weather?

LatinoSoldier
08-04-2007, 10:39 AM
what weather?
water =)

haoyang
08-04-2007, 10:45 AM
water =)

register me, we must battle. read all the rules before you battle me... the rules don't apply to me, but you don't have to win. You must impress me that's all.

haoyang
08-04-2007, 10:46 AM
water =)

tell me your FC

LatinoSoldier
08-04-2007, 10:48 AM
tell me your FC
ok aye dude mid if we have a battle in like an hour? cuz i need to have a shower in 20 mins lol

haoyang
08-04-2007, 10:57 AM
ok aye dude mid if we have a battle in like an hour? cuz i need to have a shower in 20 mins lol

It is 3 am where I live... i can't wait an hour... it's either now, or I go to sleep and you'll have to wait until tomorrow.

fefe31619
08-04-2007, 02:37 PM
I wanna be in the sunny day league (due to the fact of many fire and grass pokemon).im not gonna use either kyogre or groudon.im gonna use celebi and manaphy(im a fan of little legonds)

Mystogan
08-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Haoyang is this a againts the Pe2k Gyms and Rangers or is it ally? PM me ounce your on

haoyang
08-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Haoyang is this a againts the Pe2k Gyms and Rangers or is it ally? PM me ounce your on

It is neither against nor for... it is simply neutral... I don't understand how a league could be against another. I'm a leader in Rangers after all. I wanted to make a league with stricter rules, and an emphasis on weather. THat's all.

fefe31619
08-05-2007, 12:00 AM
It is neither against nor for... it is simply neutral... I don't understand how a league could be against another. I'm a leader in Rangers after all. I wanted to make a league with stricter rules, and an emphasis on weather. THat's all.
oh i get it so its like.....a weatherman challenge?where we use attacks to..attack with the power of sunlight,hail,rain,or sand?cause if im in the sunny day league my leafeon has an advantage.even my infernape and i dont even have to use fire attacks.

haoyang
08-05-2007, 12:03 AM
oh i get it so its like.....a weatherman challenge?where we use attacks to..attack with the power of sunlight,hail,rain,or sand?cause if im in the sunny day league my leafeon has an advantage.even my infernape and i dont even have to use fire attacks.

exactly... if there were a mascot for this league, it would be castform.

fefe31619
08-05-2007, 12:11 AM
ok then ill replace one of my pokemon with castform

Mystogan
08-05-2007, 01:33 AM

Well unfortuanately you said your with the Atasuki so that means your againts the Pe2k's. Also im afraid that you cant be a ranger if the Pe2k Elementals are going to be on with the Elite Bandits. Its how things go and what Light_Titan says as policy for the war. You still have leader membership but if you keep going more with the Elite Bandits then im afraid i got to take you off

Also you spelled , " A Last " wrong ( you said A lest )

kill_shot
08-05-2007, 05:59 AM
Guys you really need to join this.
It's really fun and cool.
BTW, change the league clan part. It repels ppl maybe.

darkmanj
08-05-2007, 06:17 AM
can i be in the rain league

LatinoSoldier
08-05-2007, 07:13 AM
haoyang im ready to battle ill be on all day from now =)

haoyang
08-06-2007, 02:22 AM
Well unfortuanately you said your with the Atasuki so that means your againts the Pe2k's. Also im afraid that you cant be a ranger if the Pe2k Elementals are going to be on with the Elite Bandits. Its how things go and what Light_Titan says as policy for the war. You still have leader membership but if you keep going more with the Elite Bandits then im afraid i got to take you off

Also you spelled , " A Last " wrong ( you said A lest )

First of all, I'm not part of the Bandits.

I'm part of akatsuki cuz it's good.
If you're going to be snotty and hating, then I want to have nothing to do with your league.

Lastly, DON"T EVER threaten me with anything. Take me off your league if you want. Don't expect me to beg.

Mystogan
08-06-2007, 03:45 AM
First of all, I'm not part of the Bandits.

I'm part of akatsuki cuz it's good.
If you're going to be snotty and hating, then I want to have nothing to do with your league.

Lastly, DON"T EVER threaten me with anything. Take me off your league if you want. Don't expect me to beg.

1.) I just follow rules dude

2.) Dont get so worked up about it

3.) Your off the rangers like you requested

kill_shot
08-06-2007, 04:48 AM
sorry but I'm leaving.
I'm joining the spartens n rangers

haoyang
08-06-2007, 05:39 AM
sorry but I'm leaving.
I'm joining the spartens n rangers

sigh... why does the rangers have to make rules like that? so no one else can create a different league and enjoy the forum like they do? that's plain unfair... I'm sorry but this makes me fully against PE2K's rangers and their league... not only snobby but won't let others have fun.

kill_shot
08-06-2007, 08:38 PM
ya, but I'm mainly quiting for hte Spartans

Mystogan
08-07-2007, 03:58 AM
sigh... why does the rangers have to make rules like that? so no one else can create a different league and enjoy the forum like they do? that's plain unfair... I'm sorry but this makes me fully against PE2K's rangers and their league... not only snobby but won't let others have fun.

Again sorry about that BUT i dont make the rules. Its the Pe2k Org. thats makes the rules ( Light_Titan or someone is the Leader for our Org ). Try to pm him or some other leaders you believe that are in the pe2k

haoyang
08-07-2007, 04:05 AM
Again sorry about that BUT i dont make the rules. Its the Pe2k Org. thats makes the rules ( Light_Titan or someone is the Leader for our Org ). Try to pm him or some other leaders you believe that are in the pe2k

that's cool... I'm not blaming you...

I just thought that it would be fun to make a league more focused on being fair for everybody... you know weather effects can be very helpful right? and it is easy to see if someone breaks the rules.. you can't change the weather without being noticed.

and just to make things clear... I'm usually very serious about things... but this is one of the times when i emphasize fun... I created this league for fun, and I hope that people will enjoy the idea... regardless of whether this becomes a huge success...

Mystogan
08-07-2007, 04:07 AM
that's cool... I'm not blaming you...

I just thought that it would be fun to make a league more focused on being fair for everybody... you know weather effects can be very helpful right? and it is easy to see if someone breaks the rules.. you can't change the weather without being noticed.

and just to make things clear... I'm usually very serious about things... but this is one of the times when i emphasize fun... I created this league for fun, and I hope that people will enjoy the idea... regardless of whether this becomes a huge success...

It's true and also i wish i can make my own rules ( except for the name and all the badge designs ) but i gotta follow Pe2k rules.

haoyang
08-07-2007, 04:14 AM
haoyang im ready to battle ill be on all day from now =)

funny how you're almost never online when I'm online... well... we must be in different time zones... hope I can battle you soon... (read all the rulez...) I won't go by them for one reason... I don't change the weather... my team can get boosts from any weather, it just depends on the situation... and you don't even have to beat me... you just have to show with what you bring that you understand the idea of the league.

kill_shot
08-07-2007, 04:27 AM
Currently where he lives it is 12 in the afternoon.
So he'll be on in a little while..like around 3?
sometimes sooner.

haoyang
08-07-2007, 04:34 AM
Currently where he lives it is 12 in the afternoon.
So he'll be on in a little while..like around 3?
sometimes sooner.

oh I see...

hey I beat iplop23 like many times... he's on the list and I'm not... lol what's up with that?