PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds hits 756

KOR
08-08-2007, 04:55 AM
Barry Bonds hit 756 tonight. I just got back from the game(I didn't get the ball. darn it.)

There was fireworks and Hank Aaron deilvered a message to Bonds. What are your opinions on this?

I personally watched Bonds through 500 to 700 and from Willie Mays to Hank Aaron. Regardless whether he took steroids or not he's still a good player.

The Jr Trainer
08-08-2007, 04:56 AM
Barry Bonds hit 756 tonight. I just got back from the game(I didn't get the ball. darn it.)

There was fireworks and Hank Aaron deilvered a message to Bonds. What are your opinions on this?

I personally watched Bonds through 500 to 700 and from Willie Mays to Hank Aaron. Regardless whether he took steroids or not he's still a good player.

I think, well if I put what I think I would probaly get banned.

I just have this opinion, he cheated. I dislike him. BUT I still say Aaron will be the best BB hitter ever.

Dark Charizard
08-08-2007, 05:39 AM
Yes I was just watching ESPNEWS, and than I was like wtf, Barry Bonds finally hits. xD

Tamer Marco
08-08-2007, 05:48 AM
I don't think he really deserves it. He should start over from when it was speculated he was cheating.

karmachameleon
08-09-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm happy that he hit 756, because even before he started using steroids, he still was one of the best baseball players ever (not as good as Jimmy Gobble though...:happy:)

~Falcon~
08-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Well, most of them were without steroids. Even with steroids its not like you just shoot your self and instant muscles, you still have to work out. Also you still have all that hand eye coordination to hit home runs. Anyways, im glad its over so people will stop talking about it :P

Jack of Clovers
08-11-2007, 06:05 AM
Barry Bonds has never been a respectible character in baseball. I did not applaud this 'record' he set.

Hank Aaron was a respectible player and and overall great guy and true to the game. Bonds is not.

~Jack~

AshMistyMayfan
08-11-2007, 06:35 AM
I actually started to cry, not because Bonds hit the homerun, but baseball is officially ruined. I stopped watching it years ago, and I can see why. I don't care if the ball was juiced or whatever they claim for the homerun records, Bonds cheated, he lied about it, and he is the JR EWing of baseball now. I hope and I pray to God that San Francisco has ONE OUNCE of decency left, ONE LITTLE OUNCE of goodness left to CONVICT him! Bonds sold his friend down the river, Bonds' friend is in JAIL, and Bonds SOLD him down the river as in he wouldn't talk about him during the press conference. I can only be grateful that on my vacation, I don't get a newspaper, because I would've burned that edition very quickly. I hope Bonds is treated in the same manner as Pete Rose, DON"T PUT HIM IN THE HALL OF FAME and the way Bonds has isolated reporters, he has no chance to get the 70% of the votes he'd need. Only San Francisco would vote him in, and that is only like 5% or less!

I'm glad the SF Giants lose each time he homers, that shows me God is punishing the Giants and I hope they continue to be punished for greed and selfishness in keeping a washed up hasbeen on the team. Bonds, get your 93 hits or whatever and GET OUT of the city! Retire!

Bonds is the *

Remember that. Hank Aaron NEVER cheated and he deserves the respect. I hope baseball puts an * and pray that Alex Rodridquez, the only clean player break TRULY breaks the record. I hate, I really hate to wish bad luck, but I hope Bonds gets BEANED and put on the DL.

Clutch
08-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Oh, the drama! *faints*

Barry Bonds is the greatest player in Baseball, regardless of steroids. Look, this is the "STEROID ERA". There was once a time where baseballs were being tampered with, and was also a time where corked bats were used. You can't just look at Barry and say "This HR record, and baseball, is ruined because of Barry Bonds." It's not just him, it's Major League Baseball itself. But, of course, there still are a few players who the play game the way it should be played.

Who knows, maybe Bonds didn't take steriods, and is laughing at all of you who might have thought he have. Maybe he was using that for fuel to his fire. Maybe he was using that as motivation to hit those Home Runs. So what if he's beefed up a little, and ain't so little around the middle? Don't you guys think you're judging a book by its cover here?

Larvinator
08-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Oh, the drama! *faints*

Barry Bonds is the greatest player in Baseball, regardless of steroids. Look, this is the "STEROID ERA". There was once a time where baseballs were being tampered with, and was also a time where corked bats were used. You can't just look at Barry and say "This HR record, and baseball, is ruined because of Barry Bonds." It's not just him, it's Major League Baseball itself. But, of course, there still are a few players who the play game the way it should be played.

Who knows, maybe Bonds didn't take steriods, and is laughing at all of you who might have thought he have. Maybe he was using that for fuel to his fire. Maybe he was using that as motivation to hit those Home Runs. So what if he's beefed up a little, and ain't so little around the middle? Don't you guys think you're judging a book by its cover here?
QFT. Regardless of any steroids, he is still the greatest baseball player...well, ever. He deserves that record. That's my simple opinion.

EDIT: Whether or not we like him and his personality is another matter altogether, everyone...

Orthar
08-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Barry doesn't deserve the 756. He's been cheating for many years. If you look to his early career he was skinny as a bean pole but look at him now. He's like a brick house. He needs to write a book named "How the clear and the cream can help you cheat."

AshMistyMayfan
08-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Well the New York Met fan that caught homer no. 756 is finally going to pawn the ball (sell it) and it's allegedly going to fetch 500,000. I hope a thief steals the ball> Ball should be given to Barry Bonds simple as that, but some schlub is going to profit. It should not be in a museum.

I hope Bonds, like Pete Rose is NEVER inducted into the hall of shame. The way he's belittled reporters, there will be enough of them to gather the last laugh.:crackup: