PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Chat Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Orthar
10-21-2008, 02:00 AM
Well who do you think is super bowl material then? Also LMAO at the Cowboys getting pwnt by the Rams who are just plain terrible nowadays.

Yes, LMAO at the Cowboys getting burned while they are injury ridden. You all seem to have forgotten the amount of talent which the St. Louis Rams have, and that they are 2-0 with their new coach. Yeah, that might have something to do with it. Way to make a terrible attempt at getting me angry.

As for who is Super Bowl material, at this point in the season I really do not know. Honestly, this season in the NFL has been very surprising thus far, and I don't think anyone could say that "Blank and blank are going to go to the Super Bowl!"

MaskedJackal
10-21-2008, 02:52 AM
Well who do you think is super bowl material then? Also LMAO at the Cowboys getting pwnt by the Rams who are just plain terrible nowadays.

That's not how you troll. Lurk moar.

On topic: Go Ravens

AshMistyMayfan
10-21-2008, 03:42 AM
Finally as of tonight, Mike Nolan is GONE! Fired! ESPN Chris Mortensen, John Clayton, Michael Smith, Jay Glazer Fox Sports, SP on SI.comm, Ray Ratto Chronicle and Tim Kawakami Mercury News confirmed the happiest day of MY LIFE! Life has meaning now on Sundays as my 49ers can hopefully rebuild and get better coaching.

Vincent_Valentine_4
10-21-2008, 06:03 AM
Eh the 49ers have potential but I just don't seem them doing something big also I agree go Ravens they're my 2nd favorite team but they have had some tough losses to the Titans and Steelers. Also the Rams have a decent offense still but I can't really think of any big name players on their defense at the moment but this year definately is pretty crazy it started with the Pats winning the SuperBowl guarunteed to Tom Brady getting injured for the year and the Colts are playing like garbage, the Giants didn't deserve to win the super bowl last year and they sure aren't going to win it again,the Steelers are playing good they have hope,and somehow the bills are doing extremely well this is one heck of a crazy year in the NFL.

MaskedJackal
10-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Eh the 49ers have potential but I just don't seem them doing something big also I agree go Ravens they're my 2nd favorite team but they have had some tough losses to the Titans and Steelers. Also the Rams have a decent offense still but I can't really think of any big name players on their defense at the moment but this year definately is pretty crazy it started with the Pats winning the SuperBowl guarunteed to Tom Brady getting injured for the year and the Colts are playing like garbage, the Giants didn't deserve to win the super bowl last year and they sure aren't going to win it again,the Steelers are playing good they have hope,and somehow the bills are doing extremely well this is one heck of a crazy year in the NFL.

The Giants suck. The only reason their record is how it is now is because of an easy schedule.

Dr Scott
10-21-2008, 01:26 PM
The Giants deserved it for the simple fact that they were the one team to beat the Pats last year, and that in the biggest game of them all. If that and the fact that they reached it doesn't make them worth it, what does?

And no, I'm not saying they rock this year, I'm talking about how they won last. And no, they won't repeat.

Make sure not to outright make fun of each other. Painkiller was just talking about a doubt and gave a good reason - an injured QB, which makes a lot of sense. So ... don't flame, just discuss.

Besides, I read they aren't taking out Colins until they lose one.

As for who is going all the way ... it's incredibly hard to tell, especially if last year is any indication. Hell, anyone from the N East could go all the way at this rate.

MaskedJackal
10-21-2008, 01:36 PM
The Giants deserved it for the simple fact that they were the one team to beat the Pats last year, and that in the biggest game of them all. If that and the fact that they reached it doesn't make them worth it, what does?

They won, yes. I still believe the Pats were the more talented team last year. The Giants just wanted it more (unfortunately).

It sucks that they drafted one of my favorite college players too. I wanted him to go to a team I actually liked.

Vincent_Valentine_4
10-21-2008, 06:08 PM
I wasn't aiming my hate at the Cowboys at any specific person I was just saying that I'm happy that they lost and also Tom Brady was still injured during the superbowl last year thus he wasn't very mobile as we all saw during the game.

AshMistyMayfan
10-23-2008, 05:39 PM
It's ironic the NFC East gets the easy schedule and NFC West the toilet bowl league gets the brutal schedule. Seattle is having a God awful year next to the Rams, and 49ers. Arizona is only winning by default, looks like another lame #4 seed getting kicked by the NFC E/S or North.

Next year, 49ers get NFC North. Be ironic if Singletary was still HC and has to play against CHICAGO! Hopefully unlike Mariucci, no mercy is shown! But that's a year from now though.:sad:

I'm glad 49ers fired Nolan. Too bad they can't fire BAD OWNERSHIP! Please Roger Goodell, fire these bad owners!

Vincent_Valentine_4
10-26-2008, 10:59 PM
So the Seahawks are running wild on the 49ers and I didn't predict that at all but sadly I gotta wait for tomorrow for my Titans to beat the Colts (hopefully they do) and my Ravens wasted the Raiders so a pretty good week overall so far.

MaskedJackal
10-30-2008, 11:02 AM
The Titans are surprisingly good, and the Colts are surprisingly bad. They looked impressive vs. the (injured) Ravens, but other than that they've been lackluster.

CrazyTrainer
11-02-2008, 12:46 AM
Lets go broncos we need a big blowout win

MaskedJackal
11-03-2008, 02:28 PM
What a comeback for my Ravens =)

I find myself enjoying the NFL more now, since this NCAA season is a giant **** sandwich. =(

Orthar
11-03-2008, 02:34 PM
It's ironic the NFC East gets the easy schedule and NFC West the toilet bowl league gets the brutal schedule. Seattle is having a God awful year next to the Rams, and 49ers. Arizona is only winning by default, looks like another lame #4 seed getting kicked by the NFC E/S or North.

Next year, 49ers get NFC North. Be ironic if Singletary was still HC and has to play against CHICAGO! Hopefully unlike Mariucci, no mercy is shown! But that's a year from now though.:sad:

I'm glad 49ers fired Nolan. Too bad they can't fire BAD OWNERSHIP! Please Roger Goodell, fire these bad owners!

Haha, bullshit. That's why Dallas and New York have the toughest schedules in the NFL right now, and for the rest of the season? Get your facts straight.

atucker22
11-03-2008, 07:37 PM
My fantasy team is doin good for once, but I don't like this injury plagued season

MaskedJackal
11-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Haha, bullshit. That's why Dallas and New York have the toughest schedules in the NFL right now, and for the rest of the season? Get your facts straight.

I hope you don't mean the Giants, because their schedule is full of cupcake teams.

CrazyTrainer
11-03-2008, 08:17 PM
The giants should be eight and 0 I don't know how they lost that game to the ceveland.

MaskedJackal
11-03-2008, 08:59 PM
The giants should be eight and 0 I don't know how they lost that game to the ceveland.

It's because they're overrated, and Cleveland has the talent to beat most teams.

scubasteveE
11-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Yes my dolphins won! Sorry denver fans.hehe

I have to say, the dolphins have impressed and surprised me. With wins over the pats, chargers, bills, and broncos, their showing they might have a shot at the playoffs. Yeah I know the pats and the chargers are not the same teams but still its pretty amazing coming off of last year.

spartan117
11-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Agreed and besides the Giants pwned the Cowboys this weekend. The Giants are doing second best, behind the Titans.

CrazyTrainer
11-04-2008, 02:03 AM
Shame on the broncos they should won.There defence is really bring them down when san diego is doing bad.

MaskedJackal
11-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Watch the Lions win 6 games and ruin their draft pick.

CrazyTrainer
11-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Broncos vs Brown tell us who and why. Broncos defence steps up I think broncos offence play good and defence put pressure on Brady Quinn. 42-14

Clutch
11-06-2008, 10:48 PM
I hope you don't mean the Giants, because their schedule is full of cupcake teams.

Cupcake teams my ass, bud. I'm not a Giants fan, but they, along with all of the NFC East, have some of the toughest schedules in the league. Sure they play some easy teams, but the majority of their schedule is pretty tough, considering they play all the NFC East teams twice per season.

CrazyTrainer
11-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Ok guys now predictions of Broncos vs Browns and put why.

Orthar
11-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Agreed and besides the Giants pwned the Cowboys this weekend. The Giants are doing second best, behind the Titans.

Wrong, the Giants pwned the Dallas backups.

CrazyTrainer
11-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Ok guys predictions of Broncos and Browns game. and tell why

karmachameleon
11-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Cupcake teams my ass, bud. I'm not a Giants fan, but they, along with all of the NFC East, have some of the toughest schedules in the league. Sure they play some easy teams, but the majority of their schedule is pretty tough, considering they play all the NFC East teams twice per season.

Not really. I wouldn't say that the Giants or Cowboys have a weak schedule, they don't have a hard schedule either. The Steelers have had a much harder one and theyre only a game behind the Giants record-wise.

I'm really happy because the Vikes already faced the tough part of their schedule and are 4-4, which is good enough to have a strong chance at winning the North.

Vincent_Valentine_4
11-07-2008, 12:23 AM
I see my Titans going 14-2 by the end of the year and I believe the Broncos should be doing much better than they are right now. Same with the Eagles I expected them to have 2 losses maximum right now their defense is very good and offense is still pretty good but they have managed to screw that up so far.

MaskedJackal
11-07-2008, 01:46 AM

You're right, I mean, with such perennial powerhouses as St. Louis, Cincinnati, Seattle, San Francisco, and Dallas w/o Romo. Oh, and not to mention the blowout loss to 3-5 Cleveland. What a br00tal schedule.

atucker22
11-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Watch the Lions win 6 games and ruin their draft pick.

Being a Detroit fan I hope they go 0 and 16 to get the #1 pick and get good players for once

CrazyTrainer
11-07-2008, 08:54 PM
broncos win whoo hoo

karmachameleon
11-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Being a Detroit fan I hope they go 0 and 16 to get the #1 pick and get good players for once

Unless they pick a receiver again... seriously, the last 4 out 6 years the Lions have picked a WR and now only Calvin Johnson is with them, although they did get a good return for my guy Roy Williams. They need to either get some more O-Line help, get some defensive youth, or get a young QB, like Sam Bradford or Chase Daniels.

CrazyTrainer
11-07-2008, 10:19 PM
yeah your right they need draft pick but , that was a nice move getting rid of Roy William they now get draft picks.

MaskedJackal
11-08-2008, 11:44 AM

They need a QB. Culpepper is only a short-term solution and I doubt he's going to be as amazing as he was when he was with the Vikings. Matt Stafford seems to be the best quarterback in this year's draft class.

CrazyTrainer
11-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Yup I want to see detroit get quarter back next draft or at least use Drew Stanton.

MaskedJackal
11-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Hmm... so the Eagles played terrible and the Giants slipped by them. I'm still not sold on them yet. This week they face a real defense in the Ravens, so we'll see what they're made of now.

shucklerules
11-11-2008, 01:03 PM
i wonder who will get grahm harrel when he comes out of the draft?

atucker22
11-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Another week another Lion loss :(

scubasteveE
11-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Another week another Lion loss :(
Poor lions:(

My fins won again so i'm happy:)

CrazyTrainer
11-12-2008, 12:37 AM
I will check the rest of the schulde they win probably win one. If culpepper doesn't do good. Drew stanton should start.

This is the rest of the lions schudle:

Panthers
Buccuners
Titans
Vikings
Colts
Saints
Packers

They could win one but , I doubt.

karmachameleon
11-12-2008, 01:11 AM
I will check the rest of the schulde they win probably win one. If culpepper doesn't do good. Drew stanton should start.

This is the rest of the lions schudle:

Panthers
Buccuners
Titans
Vikings
Colts
Saints
Packers

They could win one but , I doubt.

I don't think this Lions team nearly deserves to go 0-16, because they aren't that untalented on both sides of the ball, but that schedule is pretty treacherous- the last four games I'm pretty sure are going to be played against teams who need a win in order to get into the postseason, meaning they're not going to see a bunch of back-ups in week 16 or 17. So I don't think they'll get a win this year.

In other news, AD rushed for 192 yards in the Dome against the Pack. Fiirst Vikes win against Green Bay in all of Brad Childress' 3 year tenure. I like that a lot, I like it well.

CrazyTrainer
11-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Adrian peterson is a beast. He going to win the rushing title.

karmachameleon
11-12-2008, 01:21 AM
Adrian peterson is a beast. He going to win the rushing title.

I don't know about that, Portis is very close and has a higher YPC than AD. It's probably going to be decided based on an injury or because of a weaker schedule or something like that.

CrazyTrainer
11-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Yeah I know but , still peterson good.

scubasteveE
11-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Complete awzomeness right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpFSOFPpFnU

CrazyTrainer
11-14-2008, 12:54 AM
Jet vs patroits who do you thinks gooing to win.

karmachameleon
11-14-2008, 01:39 AM
Complete awzomeness right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpFSOFPpFnU

Another amazing play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8eIBhOQykg

Smith to Flacco.

MaskedJackal
11-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Surprise surprise, the Ravens are beating themselves.

karmachameleon
11-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Another frustrating Vikings loss. We got outplayed in FIRE CHILDRESS every area of the game against the Bucs. The playcalling is getting better, but FIRE CHILDRESS but our Dline execution was the worst I've ever seen from FIRE CHILDRESS Fat Pat and Kevin. Ryan Cook should not be starting in the NFL, Maurice Hicks should not be returning kicks, and we should not be getting beat by a 38-year old scrambling QB throwing 8-yard slants/out-routes for most of the game.
FIRE CHILDRESS.

Stubby Boardman
11-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Go Steelers!!! fist time ever that a game has ended with a score of 11-10. :)

atucker22
11-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Did anyone see the Cinci/Philly tie cause it was really wierd

CrazyTrainer
11-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Yeah I know eagles suck.

Stubby Boardman
11-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Did anyone see the Cinci/Philly tie cause it was really wierd

The only reason they tied cause McNabb threw like a million interseptions.

CrazyTrainer
11-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Go Broncos win the game.

Orthar
11-23-2008, 09:15 PM
An easy win over the 49ers today. A strong dose of T.O. plus a good Romo and superb defense gave the 49ers no chance.

Shade
11-23-2008, 09:34 PM
An easy win over the 49ers today. A strong dose of T.O. plus a good Romo and superb defense gave the 49ers no chance.

The 49ers are a great team. They beat themselves up with big turnovers and failure to execute when in the Red Zone. So don't say the Cowboys had an easy win, because that team is just flat out horrible. They have a terrible pass defense, and they have the most cocky NFL player in the world: T.NO.Balls.

Orthar
11-23-2008, 09:47 PM
The 49ers are a great team. They beat themselves up with big turnovers and failure to execute when in the Red Zone. So don't say the Cowboys had an easy win, because that team is just flat out horrible. They have a terrible pass defense, and they have the most cocky NFL player in the world: T.NO.Balls.

Haha, 49ers a great team? Take a look at your record pal. They only had 2 turnovers, so that's pretty much an empty argument. Failing to execute in the Red Zone adds onto them being a trash team. The Cowboys had an easy win, and they won in a game they were supposed to. T.O. may be an ass, and it could be true that he has no balls. But that doesn't matter, because he lit your ass up.

Oh, and a horrible pass defense? Not in the games where we have our starters in the secondary, and keep in mind we are without our starting Strong Safety. 4 games with no Terrance Newman, 3 of which with no Anthony Henry. Shoving two rookie corners into the limelight doesn't always give you the best results. Granted, our secondary isn't the best in the NFL. But when we are healthy our mentality is, sure we'll give you the short ****, we'll let you drive. But, we're not going to let you score. And this was true throughout the whole game today minus the end of the 4th where we didn't even need to play.

Get your head out of your ass, the 49ers blow.

iReign
11-23-2008, 10:40 PM
How about 'dem Ravens?

I had my doubts at first, but they proved once again, that they are a competent team. But, I must admit, I lol'd hard when McNabb and the backup had a combined rating of like 11.6.

And, I am thoroughly glad the Jets beat the Titans, I knew they had a flaw, and the Jets capitalized on it.

/Starts new discussion

What teams do you think will make the playoffs?

atucker22
11-24-2008, 07:18 PM
I was hoping the thanksgiving game would be 11-0 against 0-11 but the Jets had to go spoil all my dreams:dazed::dazed:

Orthar
11-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I was hoping the thanksgiving game would be 11-0 against 0-11 but the Jets had to go spoil all my dreams:dazed::dazed:

That and it isn't even Thanksgiving.

CrazyTrainer
12-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Whoo hoo Broncos won in the jets face.

k_pop
12-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Steelers over Patriots was better!
That interception and 84 yard return before the last touchdown was awesome! Go Timmons!! \m/ >.< \m/

Orthar
12-01-2008, 01:05 AM
I could honestly see Dallas winning our final 4 games, starting with the Steelers.

With Romo back, we look like an entirely different team.

MaskedJackal
12-01-2008, 01:17 AM
The Ravens' remaining schedule has 3 homes games and a showdown at Texas Stadium with Dallas. I can see them running the table, but the game @ Dallas is a tossup. The rest are all winnable.

karmachameleon
12-01-2008, 04:44 AM
BerBer is a BEAST 99 yard TD catch. Dominating Vikes win vs. the Bears, we are now in first!

Remaining schedule: at Detroit, at Arizona, home against Atlanta and the Giants. I don't see us doing better than 3-1, but that should be enough for us to host our first playoff game in 8 years.

Clutch
12-01-2008, 09:32 PM
The 'Skins seriously need to get it together. We're probably going to have to win the rest of our games to even get into a Wild Card spot. Surprisingly, a 7 - 5 record just doesn't cut it at this point.

CrazyTrainer
12-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Broncos 7-5 we need to win 3-1 of the last four games.

karmachameleon
12-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Broncos 7-5 we need to win 3-1 of the last four games.

I think you guys could go 2-2 and win that division easily. It's weird how bad the Chargers are playing this year when I thought they had the most talent out of any team.

atucker22
12-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Lions+Football=Epic Fail

Detriot should send the Lions to Oklahoma City, like Seattle did because the Sonics sucked

The Patriots had momentum but they lost it, sadly I don't see them going to the Super Bowl much less the playoffs :sad:

MaskedJackal
12-03-2008, 07:36 PM
The government should bail out the Lions.

CrazyTrainer
12-03-2008, 07:55 PM
The lions might be going 0-16 wow thats bad they're going to need at least three first round picks.

BlazeArcanine
12-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Lions are lucky they got rid of Roy. He stinks. Then they have cruddy QB's. Jon Kitna is on injured reserve, with Orlosky and Stanton. Then Culpepper stinks worse than Roy. Lions go 0-16, I don't care.

Orthar
12-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Lions are lucky they got rid of Roy. He stinks. Then they have cruddy QB's. Jon Kitna is on injured reserve, with Orlosky and Stanton. Then Culpepper stinks worse than Roy. Lions go 0-16, I don't care.

You wish that Roy stunk, he pretty much carried your team the past two seasons. It's going to be hard to get productive when your QB who might have been decent goes down early, and then you have dumbasses who can't throw for **** in there. You keep lying to yourself and saying that Roy is garbage, watch what the Cowboys will do with him once Romo and him form some chemistry.

MaskedJackal
12-05-2008, 12:50 AM

All receivers suck if the the QB is always on the ground. Roy Williams is going to bring a lot to the Cowboys.

atucker22
12-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Then they have cruddy QB's. Jon Kitna is on injured reserve, with Orlosky and Stanton. Then Culpepper stinks worse than Roy.

You can't forget and Drew Henson whose a junky QB for the Lions

MaskedJackal
12-05-2008, 07:54 PM
You can't forget and Drew Henson whose a junky QB for the Lions

Ahh, Drew Henson. It's a shame that he quit football and went to the Yankees for those couple years. He could have won a national title at Michigan and went on to be a star quarterback in the NFL. He's nowhere near as good as he once was.

atucker22
12-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Ahh, Drew Henson. It's a shame that he quit football and went to the Yankees for those couple years. He could have won a national title at Michigan and went on to be a star quarterback in the NFL. He's nowhere near as good as he once was.

AMEN!! He was SOOOOOO good in college but he hasn't hardly played in the NFL at all, and I think with some practice and experience I think he could be pretty good actually, but currently he's junk

Vincent_Valentine_4
12-08-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm mad about my Titans losing finally but I knew they wouldn't have the perfect season anyways so whatever also hopefully the Ravens can keep their playoff dreams alive I'd like them to at least make Wildcard then lose.

atucker22
12-08-2008, 07:32 PM
GOOOO LIONS. This week they continued on their Pursuit of IM-Perfection. I hope they go 0-16 for a good draft

CrazyTrainer
12-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Yeah the lions need like 15 picks.
The lions need.

QB
FB
WR3x
TE2x
G
T
DE2x
DT2x
MLB
SS
FS
CB2x

MaskedJackal
12-09-2008, 12:17 AM
Yeah the lions need like 15 picks.
The lions need.

QB
FB
WR3x
TE2x
G
T
DE2x
DT2x
MLB
SS
FS
CB2x

They already have a QB in Drew Stanton. They need to draft linemen.

karmachameleon
12-09-2008, 12:29 AM
They already have a QB in Drew Stanton. They need to draft linemen.

And a secondary. The only good player in the defensive backfield is Leigh Bodden. Youre QB situation isnt that bad- you do have Culpepper for another year, and I could see him and Cavin Johnson doing really well together.

But, I'm happy the Lions lost cuz the VIKES WON. If we beat Arizona, and they might be resting next week because of them clinching the division already, and the Bears lose, then we will be back in the playoffs for the first time since 2004, when Daunte and Randy lit up the scoreboard every week.

atucker22
12-12-2008, 07:30 PM
A good game between Da Bears and the New Orleans Saints, with a key win at a key time for Da Bears to bring them only a half game back in the NFC North standings

CrazyTrainer
12-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Oh the bears won what was the score.

atucker22
12-13-2008, 11:25 AM
It was like 27-24 Chicago or something close to that

CrazyTrainer
12-14-2008, 01:18 AM
Yeah your right. Get ready for football tomorrow.

Clutch
12-15-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm embarrassed to be a Redskins fan right now. :|

Orthar
12-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Cowboys came to play and this time we CLOSED the game. Our defense was superb, and defense wins championships.

Vincent_Valentine_4
12-15-2008, 11:53 PM
I still can't believe the Titans lost and 2 huge injuries that was a terrible week IMO for them but I'm glad the Cowboys beat the Giants the Giants record needs some more losses but I guess so do the Titans seems how their offense is still lacking in the passing department but I'm expecting a close game vs Steelers I'd say 17-14 Titans seems how they're my favorite team.

karmachameleon
12-16-2008, 12:42 AM
Wow, amazing game vs. a very potent Arizona offense. Only 1 offensive TD against the best WR tandem in the league. If the Vikes beat Jason Elam and the Falcons next week and the Giants lose next week, we get a first round bye if we beat New York on Week 17. That will help a lot, since Pat Williams is out 2-6 weeks.

atucker22
12-17-2008, 07:26 PM
WHo won the MNF game?

scubasteveE
12-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Who do you think will win AFC East? My pick? The dolphins (yes they're my favorite team).

CrazyTrainer
12-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Go denver win beat the chargers.

Skipper_The_Growlite
12-18-2008, 09:46 PM
BLAh what has denver ever done

-JJ-
12-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Lets Go Eagles. We still have a slim chance at making the playoffs.

Orthar
12-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Lets Go Eagles. We still have a slim chance at making the playoffs.

Not if Dallas wins out, which would include beating the Eagles next Sunday.

Beavs1Fan
12-21-2008, 09:59 PM
W00t go Pats...They arent my favorite team but i like RANDY MOSS!!!!! My favorite team has to be the Saints...Reggie bush..Or maybe Adrian Peterson

atucker22
12-22-2008, 12:25 PM
The Pats NEED the jets to beat the dolphins next week as well as they NEED to win to be in playoffs

Beavs1Fan
12-22-2008, 03:49 PM
The Pats NEED the jets to beat the dolphins next week as well as they NEED to win to be in playoffs I think the jets are out of it...unless both the pats and the dolphins loose next week. my guess is that the pats are in the playoffs.

scubasteveE
12-22-2008, 10:24 PM
I think the jets are out of it...unless both the pats and the dolphins loose next week. my guess is that the pats are in the playoffs.
Not exactly here is how it goes:
Miami are in if they beat the Jets next week(They hold tie breaker over NE);
NYJ are in if they beat Miami and if NE loses;
NE are in if they win and Miami loses.

I think that is how it is. NY would had to just beat Miami to win it if they didn't lose to seattle. Right now Miami is in the driver seat.

Tonight: Vikings and Bears on ESPN!!!

mashooga
12-22-2008, 10:38 PM
I did like the Jets a little, then everything fell apart. It's like for almost every team in the NFL fell apart or is falling apart.

I really hope the Packers win against the Bears tonight.
I do not like them at all.

I might be going to the Saints game next week.

Charbok
12-23-2008, 04:25 AM
LOL@Packers.

L-O-L

MaskedJackal
12-23-2008, 11:34 AM
LOL@Packers.

L-O-L

lmfao I know, what a meltdown. Have they even won 6 games?

karmachameleon
12-23-2008, 02:50 PM
LOL@Packers.

L-O-L

Now we need to beat the GIANTS, who won't be resting their starters next week, or the Bears need to lose to the TEXANS. I have a feeling this is gonna be another classic Vikings meltdown.

Dr Scott
12-23-2008, 02:57 PM
I hope so ^_^.

The game was like watching the season we got to the Super Bowl, the defense bailed out the offense and we had lots of ST plays. I gotta say, I love having the nice defense, I just wished we had some kinda offense XD. 100 yards in three quarters is sad, and so is the fact that Matt Forte is 36% of our total yards (true story).

GO ORTON! GO ORTON! IT'S YER BIRTHDAY.

atucker22
12-23-2008, 07:56 PM
The bears didn't do to bad, but I do hope that they win the division because I hate them less than the rest of the Lion enemies

karmachameleon
12-27-2008, 08:31 AM
I hope so ^_^.

The game was like watching the season we got to the Super Bowl, the defense bailed out the offense and we had lots of ST plays. I gotta say, I love having the nice defense, I just wished we had some kinda offense XD. 100 yards in three quarters is sad, and so is the fact that Matt Forte is 36% of our total yards (true story).

GO ORTON! GO ORTON! IT'S YER BIRTHDAY.

Super Bowl MVP Tarvaris _|ackson doesnt agree with you. We gonna dunky dunk all over Eli, but thats not gonna matter, cuz my boi Andre from H-town is gonna tear up that taste Bears D.
AD All Day BABY 10-6 Vikings NFC North CHAMPIONS

Clutch
12-27-2008, 10:47 AM
There's something I just don't get about the Redskins. We can beat the good teams, like Dallas and Philadelphia, but lose to the bad teams like St Louis and Cincinatti.

:/

atucker22
12-27-2008, 11:51 AM
There's something I just don't get about the Redskins. We can beat the good teams, like Dallas and Philadelphia, but lose to the bad teams like St Louis and Cincinatti.

:/

That is pathetic but true

karmachameleon
12-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Wooooo just like I said. AJ destroyed the Bears, and the VIkes won. Now I'm pulling for the Eagles, the Cowboys match up much better against us.

Woodchuck
12-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Wow, the Lions actually did it! We finally went 0 and 16. I'm so happy I could cry. :P
-Jake-

MaskedJackal
12-29-2008, 03:09 AM
Joe Flacco completed 17/23 passes for 297 yards in the Ravens' blowout victory vs. Jacksonville, securing a playoff spot. Awesome.

Dr Scott
12-29-2008, 03:45 AM
Well, my Bears lost and their season is over, but I still have faith in our upside ^_^.

And I still love them <3

Clutch
12-29-2008, 05:16 AM
Wooooo just like I said. AJ destroyed the Bears, and the VIkes won. Now I'm pulling for the Eagles, the Cowboys match up much better against us.

After Philly demolished Dallas, I wouldn't exactly say they'd match up better. :tongue:

Caraa
12-29-2008, 05:45 AM
*cries* Jets season...done! DX The Dolphins weren't even a TEAM last year...and now...and we even have Favre, too! He's getting old... ;_;

Vincent_Valentine_4
12-29-2008, 05:50 AM
After watching the Titans stomp the Steelers I believe they have what it takes to go for it all as long as they don't give up the big plays that they have lately. All they need now is a good QB and a great WR then they would be super bowl champs easily but this should be an interesting playoffs.

atucker22
12-29-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm SOOOOOO happy cause I won my Fantasy League and my Lions didn't fail me and went 0-16, but I am sad cause my Pats aren't in da playoffs

karmachameleon
12-29-2008, 05:57 PM
After Philly demolished Dallas, I wouldn't exactly say they'd match up better. :tongue:

I think they do. Our defneses' biggest weakness are quick slant routes, which the Giants exploited very nicely. The three main slant route people- TE, slot WR, and RB- are better in Dallas (Witten, Crayton?, Barber/Jones) than Philly (LJ Smith, Jackson?, Westbrook). Though its gonna suck facing Westbrook and McNabb, especially without Fat Pat blowin up the line.

scubasteveE
12-30-2008, 03:12 AM
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yes the nightmare is over the pats lost yes sorry whishcund but wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no undefeated season yes.

And the best team ever was the 1972 Dolphins tne only undefeated team in nfl history

what was with belacheck leaving, sore loser

GO DOLPHINS 2009 SUPER BOWL CHAMPS THERE GOING TO TURN IT AROUND

I called it around a year ago. 1-15 to AFC East Champs now they just have to win they super bowl.

MIAMI DOLPHINS 2009 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION

You better get use to it because your going to hear for a whole year:cool:

Oh, and the other stuff in my post brought back good memories.:biggrin:

Vincent_Valentine_4
12-30-2008, 03:25 AM
I see the super bowl being the Titans/Steelers and Eagles/Panthers I'd prefer Titans and Panthers just because the titans are my team and the panthers deserve another super bowl loss. Also had Tom Brady had not gotten injured they possibly could have done a 19-0 this year but now we'll never know.

karmachameleon
01-02-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm kinda worried that the iggles/vikes game isn't gonna sell out, meaning it won't be on TV here in Minneapolis. It would be crazy if it didnt since its a playoff game.

Also, I'm shocked that Mike Shanahan was fired, I thought he was an elite coach, especially with the running game. He had a 1000 yd rusher pretty much every season. My best memory of him was when Elway and the rest of the Broncos beat the Pack way back when in the Super Bowl, and Terrell Davis had like 200 yds rushing.

atucker22
01-03-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm kinda worried that the iggles/vikes game isn't gonna sell out, meaning it won't be on TV here in Minneapolis. It would be crazy if it didnt since its a playoff game.

Also, I'm shocked that Mike Shanahan was fired, I thought he was an elite coach, especially with the running game. He had a 1000 yd rusher pretty much every season. My best memory of him was when Elway and the rest of the Broncos beat the Pack way back when in the Super Bowl, and Terrell Davis had like 200 yds rushing.

Mike Shanahan didn't do anything spectacular there recently though and that's why he got fired.

Oh, and if the game is blacked out like almost every Lions game, find it on the radio or the internet

Stubby Boardman
01-03-2009, 01:28 PM
My predictions on who will win this weekend:

Miami over Baltimore
Indianapolis over San Diego

Atlanta over Arizona
Philadelphia over Minnasota

:)

karmachameleon
01-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Today I got Atlanta over Arizona and Baltimore over Miami. Tomorrow, Chargers over Colts (upset) and Vikes over Eagles.

MaskedJackal
01-04-2009, 01:54 PM

Miami over Baltimore

Atlanta over Arizona

Oh no!

Indy lost.

Atlanta lost.

Miami doesn't stand much of a chance.

I have Philly picked, though...

GO RAVENS

http://i42.tinypic.com/35isp3t.gif

ashketchum
01-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Well, my predictions for this year are:

Baltimore over Miami

Atlanta over Arizona
Minnesota over Philadelphia

Orthar
01-04-2009, 02:20 PM
-Miami over Baltimore.
-Minnesota over Filthidelphia.

Yep.

Stubby Boardman
01-04-2009, 03:45 PM

Miami over Baltimore

Atlanta over Arizona

I am very disapointed that I didn't get a single pick right yesterday.... I really thought that the Colts were going to kick some... butt but I sure was wrong. Atlanta lost too, what the heck. both of the better teams lost grrrrrr.

anyways I still believe that Miami and Philadelphia are going to win.... by a very slim margin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: since I can't double post I'll just edit this one

I only got one pick correct... wow I sucked lol
anyways the matchs for the divisional games are as follows :)

Philadelphia @ NY Gaints
Arizona @ Carolina

Baltimore @ Tennesse
San Diego @ Pittsburgh

My picks go to the the 1 and 2 seeds but I am not to sure about the Balt-Tenn game yet.

atucker22
01-05-2009, 07:39 PM
A great game played by San Diego and Baltimore, they both deserved to win and they did.

HOORAY!!!!!:biggrin:

(I bet my dad that they would win)

Dr Scott
01-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Haha people didn't pick too well ...

I'm thinking Steelers and ... Giants in the Superbowl. But there's just so many things that could happen that it's up in the air. With a one game playoff any team will win, a lucky day / bad day could make such a major difference. Makes it more exciting and quicker, but I like NBA's practical playoffs for determining the best team.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-06-2009, 12:41 AM
You do make a good point about one game is not enough but I'm satisfied with all the remaining teams the Titans and Ravens game is going to be such a good game I just can't wait to watch it.

karmachameleon
01-06-2009, 03:30 AM
Sucks the Vikes season had to get cut short, but I think we played very well all season. The loss exposed some huge flaws with us that I hope we can correct next season, like special teams, coaching, and offensive line. Props to the Eagles, you guys outplayed us in nearly every way.

I got the Panthers going all the way now.

CrazyTrainer
01-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Titans over ravens
Giants over eagles
Cardinals over panthers
Steelers over chargers
Thats how it will go.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Nah I see it being Titans,Chargers,Eagles,Panthers those should be all the winners the Chargers are good at upsetting teams in the playoffs.

atucker22
01-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Steelers v. G-Men in XLIII with Pitsburg as the champs

CrazyTrainer
01-09-2009, 09:12 PM
You are wrong I can't predict but , thats wrong.

karmachameleon
01-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Predictions-
Baltimore over Tennessee
Carolina over Arizona
Eagles over Giants
Steelers over Chargers

spid3r
01-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Well Baltimore just beat Tennessee. Didn't see that one coming.

MaskedJackal
01-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Well Baltimore just beat Tennessee. Didn't see that one coming.

I did. Baltimore is red hot right now.

Clutch
01-11-2009, 06:11 AM
Wow, Arizona beat Carolina.

Didn't see that one coming.

Synester
01-11-2009, 06:30 AM
WOOOO Go Chargers. My 1 and only prediction..Chargers win there first Superbowl!

-Prudence

Legendary Wolf
01-11-2009, 11:30 PM
WOOOO Go Chargers. My 1 and only prediction..Chargers win there first Superbowl!

-Prudence

Doesn't look so good right now for the Chargers.

4th quarter, SD 17 Pit 28

8:58 left.

Orthar
01-11-2009, 11:36 PM
I would love to see Kurt end his playing career with a Super Bowl victory and a Super Bowl MVP trophy. Even though they have to beat Philly to do it, I think that task is within reach.

And it appears it will be Ravens vs Steelers in the AFC Game. Their last matchup ended in controversy, will this one follow suit?

MaskedJackal
01-12-2009, 01:10 AM
And it appears it will be Ravens vs Steelers in the AFC Game. Their last matchup ended in controversy, will this one follow suit?

The Steelers are the darlings of the media, the Oklahoma/USC of the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised.

If the Ravens play as well as they should, they should have no problem winning @ Pitt.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Wow I was only right about one playoff game and that was the eagles game the Titans should have won but sadly they made key mistakes and their young running back got injured when he was smashing oh well super bowl is Ravens/Eagles with the Ravens defense winning them another championship.

atucker22
01-12-2009, 07:26 PM
I now have Arizona vs. Pitt with Pitt still winning

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-12-2009, 10:26 PM
The Cardinals defense isn't good enough to make it and the Eagles have Asante Samuel who is amazing in the playoffs but if Anquan Boldin plays then they have a chance because Larry Fitzgerald can't carry the team by himself vs the eagles. Also the Ravens defense is going to destroy the Steelers they wont be running or passing much but I still see it as a pretty low scoring game like 17-10 Ravens or so.

Legendary Wolf
01-12-2009, 10:45 PM
The Steelers had the best defense in the NFL in the regular season. I expect the entire game to revolve around defense.

scubasteveE
01-12-2009, 11:04 PM
The Cardinals defense isn't good enough to make it and the Eagles have Asante Samuel who is amazing in the playoffs but if Anquan Boldin plays then they have a chance because Larry Fitzgerald can't carry the team by himself vs the eagles. Also the Ravens defense is going to destroy the Steelers they wont be running or passing much but I still see it as a pretty low scoring game like 17-10 Ravens or so.
Your under estimating the cardinals defense. They stopped the falcons and the panthers which I thought were two pretty good offenses. Also I find McNabb to be really inconsistent. Don't get me wrong, he's a good QB, but if the defense can disrupt his rhythm, he turns into a mess and I think the cardinals are quite capable of doing that. IMO the vikings did that when they played the eagles in the wild card round, but they didn't/couldn't capitalize on them which I also think ARZ can do.

So I'm picking ARZ to beat PHI

The ravens steelers game is just going to be a smash mouth game. I don't know who is going to win but if the ravens can force turnovers like they did to the titans and dolphins, then they should win.

So my SB prediction is Cardinals vs Ravens.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-12-2009, 11:11 PM
The Ravens defense is unmatched right now they are truly legendary and you're right the eagles offense has been shaky lately but the Giants have a good defense and they had pressure a lot of the game I just don't see the Cardinals pulling that off. Also the Falcons are honestly a joke team to me and the panthers have a really good defense to help win them games but right now the Cardinals are definately the best offensive team in the playoffs so they do have a chance at taking the Eagles but I just see Asante Samuel making a big pick in that game.

atucker22
01-14-2009, 07:40 PM
I think that whoever wins the AFC wins it all because the Ravens and Steelers both have insane talent on D, Pittsburg has a great offense and Baltimore has a good one as well.
I see an insane offense with a sub-par D for Arizona, and I see a team with QB issues and an OK D in Philly.

karmachameleon
01-15-2009, 12:25 AM
I think that whoever wins the AFC wins it all because the Ravens and Steelers both have insane talent on D, Pittsburg has a great offense and Baltimore has a good one as well.
I see an insane offense with a sub-par D for Arizona, and I see a team with QB issues and an OK D in Philly.

Ok D in Philly? They have the 3rd best ranked D in the NFL, mainly thanks to the genius of Jim Johnson's blitz schemes. McNabb threw some incredible touch passes to Jackson as well, so I don't really see how they have QB issues.

Predictions-
Eagles over Cardinals
Baltimore over Pittsburgh

Dr Scott
01-15-2009, 02:56 AM
Meh, one thing about football playoffs is that it's so hard to predict. For instance, who saw the Giants winning last year? I didn't want the Pats to win but I thought they would. With one game played it could all be decided on a hot hand, or who gets lucky.

So many factors. Is McNabb gunna play like we know he can, or like OldNabb? Is Kurt Warner gunna show them he shoulda been MVP?

But I like Ari over Eagles ('cus I like Ari)

And Steelers over Ravens in a close one

Beavs1Fan
01-15-2009, 03:40 AM
Meh, one thing about football playoffs is that it's so hard to predict. For instance, who saw the Giants winning last year? I didn't want the Pats to win but I thought they would. With one game played it could all be decided on a hot hand, or who gets lucky.

So many factors. Is McNabb gunna play like we know he can, or like OldNabb? Is Kurt Warner gunna show them he shoulda been MVP?

i think Ravens win.. Oh yeah and.. I PICK WINNERS NOT LOSERS!!!!!

CrazyTrainer
01-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Eagles suck they will lose to the cards.Ravens will play there hardest and win in pittsburgh.

Dr Scott
01-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Fail.

The Eagles have proven they don't suck by winning into the playoffs, as well as a playoff win.

And Beavs, lets use facts instead of random remarks. Both the Steelers and the Ravens are good teams with good defenses, and whichever D plays better will win (probably).

karmachameleon
01-15-2009, 09:56 PM
Fail.

The Eagles have proven they don't suck by winning into the playoffs, as well as a playoff win.

And Beavs, lets use facts instead of random remarks. Both the Steelers and the Ravens are good teams with good defenses, and whichever D plays better will win (probably).

I agree. I think both defenses are so well-coached and good that it will come down to which team makes more offensive mistakes, like turnovers in the red zone. I just see Pittsburgh not having their best game this weekend even though I think they're the better team.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah it only takes like one big mistake like when the Titans and Ravens played and Alge Crumpler fumbled on the one yard line that right their cost Tennesee their super bowl. I am having second thoughts now though I think the Cardinals have a chance their offense is not going to be stopped very good by Philly as long as Anquan Boldin plays because Boldin,Fitzgerald is the best 2 receiving groups in the NFL right now it is impossible to force both of them to have a bad game.

atucker22
01-16-2009, 11:36 AM
The Steelers and Ravens are both evenly matched on D but the Steelers have a more proven veteran offense and that's the key to their success.

MaskedJackal
01-16-2009, 12:44 PM
The Steelers and Ravens are both evenly matched on D but the Steelers have a more proven veteran offense and that's the key to their success.

Yeah, except "Big Ben" is the most overrated QB in the NFL. Gimmie Flacco any day.

Go Ravens

Dr Scott
01-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Ouch for the Ravens.

Samari Rolle is out and Suggs is a game time decision.

CrazyTrainer
01-16-2009, 05:38 PM
I alright lets talk about free agents whos going to score Albert Hanworth. I think the broncos.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-16-2009, 09:47 PM
The Titans aren't going to get him back? Ouch and wow no Samari Rolle that sucks because he's like my 2nd favorite player Steve Air McNair was 1 but he's retired that could actually make a big difference especially if Suggs is out. Also if the Titans can manage to get a big name receiver on their team then next year they will do awesome again because that's their biggest weakness right now no big receivers. Back onto free agency I'm curious where Vince Young will end up I really saw him doing big things for the Titans like McNair but I guess no one can replace him.

Synester
01-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Eagles suck they will lose to the cards.Ravens will play there hardest and win in pittsburgh.Fail.
Eagles>Cardinals
Steelers>Ravens

atucker22
01-17-2009, 10:45 AM
This isn't a game pick, but my friend told me a few days ago that he is like 4th cousins with Ben Rothlisberger, I'm like "WHAT???" and he said his great great grandma's last name is Rothlisberger, and they're like 3rd or 4th cousins, but they don't know each other

MaskedJackal
01-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Ouch for the Ravens.

Samari Rolle is out and Suggs is a game time decision.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

...I still think they can win.

CrazyTrainer
01-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Hey guy are there any games today.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Nah the Steelers get one more day before they are removed from the playoffs. The Steelers lack the heart that the Ravens unmatchable D has mainly in Ray Lewis who will keep the Ravens pumped up all game.

MaskedJackal
01-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Nah the Steelers get one more day before they are removed from the playoffs. The Steelers lack the heart that the Ravens unmatchable D has mainly in Ray Lewis who will keep the Ravens pumped up all game.

That, plus they have Ed "should have won the MVP but didn't because the voters are biased morons" Reed.

CrazyTrainer
01-17-2009, 09:56 PM
A defensive game its going to be hard.

atucker22
01-18-2009, 12:18 PM
the winner of Pitt Baltimore is whoever throws the least int.s or whoever has least fumbles

CrazyTrainer
01-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Card's please beat the eagles.

Dr Scott
01-18-2009, 10:25 PM

One down, one to go.

In your face Synester, CrazyTrainer, etc. :P.

karmachameleon
01-18-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm really happy for the Cardinals, Larry Fitz is sick. I'm rooting for them to go all the way but I'm guessing they'll be destroyed by the AFC team. This is looking to be a great Super Bowl, but it's gonna be hard to top last year's.

CrazyTrainer
01-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Whoo hoo eagles lost!!! They suck !!! Well now where waiting for the ravens and steelers.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-19-2009, 12:05 AM
Well the Cardinals got their win but I am very dissapointed in the Ravens right now they are choking balls but they'll pick it up soon.

CrazyTrainer
01-19-2009, 12:37 AM
We are in halftime score Ravens 7 Steelers 13

Dr Scott
01-19-2009, 02:24 AM
Ouch.

Well, I was 2 for 2 ^_^.

Honestly, I figured it'd be Flacco. I dunno, I don't think he's ready yet to lead a team, especially not in the playoffs. Ryan, yes, but not Flacco.

I think the Steelers are going all the way but I'd much rather Arizona wins.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-19-2009, 02:26 AM
Man the Ravens played so terribly that game especially on defense they let to many big plays go and the offense wasn't any better but honestly the Cardinals will win Larry Fitzgerald is unstoppable and Anquan Boldin will make a touchdown as well.

scubasteveE
01-19-2009, 03:38 AM
Wow what happen to Flacco? I thought the ravens steelers game was going to be better then the eagles cardinals game but oh well.....

My pick is the cardinals, the steelers did not impress me in this game even though big ben was phenomenal...... but warner+fitzgerald is just lethal.

CrazyTrainer
01-19-2009, 03:40 AM
Wow good job steelers you guys won.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-19-2009, 04:50 AM
Why is it the Ravens always choke in the playoffs like they did a few years back when they were 13-3 I hate watching good teams choke but I hope the Cardinals just dominate the Steelers because their offense is excellent right now and Big Ben did do a decent job that game he avoided tackles pretty good.

Dr Scott
01-19-2009, 05:11 AM
Meh, it was bound to happen with a rookie QB, not much you could do. Pretty much like the Bears not too long ago against the Colts, just can't do it on defense alone.

Offensive team vs. Defensive team for the superbowl. I think a lot of it depends on the running game. E James had some big runs early, and that helped open it up a lot, which allowed for Larry in the single coverage (I think), so if EJ can do well in the Super the Cards have a much better chance.

CrazyTrainer
01-19-2009, 05:31 AM
They say defense wins championship. The card's will stun the world if they beat pittsburgh.

Clutch
01-19-2009, 07:49 AM
Look, this might sound crazy, but I based my picks off of who would win the AFC and NFC Championship games over an NCAA Basketball game a few days ago. It was Pittsburgh vs the Louisville Cardinals. I was like, hmm, Pittsburgh? Cardinals? Those two teams will be in the Super Bowl. Then I thought to myself, whoever wins THAT game will win the Super Bowl. Louisville ended up beating Pittsburgh by 6 points.

THEREFORE, I have Arizona beating Pittsburgh by 6 points! Hahaha.

MaskedJackal
01-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Wow what happen to Flacco? I thought the ravens steelers game was going to be better then the eagles cardinals game but oh well.....

My pick is the cardinals, the steelers did not impress me in this game even though big ben was phenomenal...... but warner+fitzgerald is just lethal.

Well, when two of your runningbacks are hurt, and all of your DBs minus Ed Reed are hurt, it's hard to win. They hung in there, and probably were going to win until that pick 6.

Well, the media's favorite team won again. I hope the Cardinals kick their ass.

atucker22
01-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Whoo-hooo, my prediction was right!!!!

On a serious note, I think this will be a great Super Bowl, with the best offense clashing against the best defense, but I will stick with my Steelers pick for the SB Champions.

MaskedJackal
01-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Whoo-hooo, my prediction was right!!!!

On a serious note, I think this will be a great Super Bowl, with the best offense clashing against the best defense, but I will stick with my Steelers pick for the SB Champions.

I think this will be a garbage Super Bowl. Remember the last time the Stealers made it? The media humped their legs all the way until the game, where the officiating was the worst I've ever seen. EVERY call was against the Seahawks that game.

CrazyTrainer
01-19-2009, 06:01 PM
I think the super bowl be pretty good hopefully.

Beavs1Fan
01-19-2009, 06:17 PM
I think the super bowl be pretty good hopefully.

well the steelers are a 6 point favorite! i belive that

CrazyTrainer
01-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Oh thats nice info thanks but , anything can happen.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-23-2009, 11:03 PM
I can't wait to watch the Cardinals win the super bowl man that's going to be cool I just don't believe the Steelers defense can keep Arizona out of the end zone I see the score being like 24-20 or so with Arizona winning because of Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin with Kurt Warner winning another super bowl MVP.

CrazyTrainer
01-24-2009, 04:04 AM
Nice I agree Vincent thats a nice prediction.

MaskedJackal
01-24-2009, 12:30 PM
I can't wait to watch the Cardinals win the super bowl man that's going to be cool I just don't believe the Steelers defense can keep Arizona out of the end zone I see the score being like 24-20 or so with Arizona winning because of Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin with Kurt Warner winning another super bowl MVP.

You're right. The Steelers can't stop them. That's what they said about the Seahawks though, and the refs were humping the Steelers' legs the whole game.

Black Hawk
01-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Idk if this sounds really biased, but last night I had a dream that the Cardinals would beat the Steelers 30-16. *shrug*

karmachameleon
01-25-2009, 03:59 AM
Tough game to decide. Coming into the playoffs, I would have picked the Steelers in a heartbeat, but it's been the Larry Fitzgerald show the entire three playoff games. I either see Arizona taking an early lead, like 14-0 in the first and holding on to win in a close one or the Steelers winning in an uninteresting game like 30-13 or something. But yeah, like Scott said, the running game for Arizona is gonna be a huge factor.

I'm gonna go with Pittsburgh.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-25-2009, 04:02 AM
The ravens got boned as well when the ref called the roughing the kicker and there was a ref 20 feet away watching the whole play and the replay clearly showed the ravens guy didn't touch him so to me it comes down to penaltys and how the refs dish them out.

MaskedJackal
01-25-2009, 01:21 PM
The ravens got boned as well when the ref called the roughing the kicker and there was a ref 20 feet away watching the whole play and the replay clearly showed the ravens guy didn't touch him so to me it comes down to penaltys and how the refs dish them out.

Yep, that gave the Steelers three points too. If it weren't for that, the Steelers would have punted, the Ravens would be up 14-13, and Flacco wouldn't have thrown that pick-6 because they wouldn't have to be throwing the ball like that.

atucker22
01-26-2009, 07:41 PM
I thought all year that Arizona was over-rated, but in the playoffs they've been on fire, but I think Pittsburgs D can hold Larry Fitzgerald, and Boldin, and Edge James

CrazyTrainer
01-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Underdoggs always win big games Cards over Steelers 20-17

MaskedJackal
01-27-2009, 08:54 PM
I don't think the Steelers are as good as the media says (then again, are they ever?). They beat the 8-8 Chargers, and wouldn't have even beaten the Ravens' injured, second-string secondary if they weren't handed the game by the refs (that roughing the kicker penalty wat flat out retarded).

CrazyTrainer
01-28-2009, 03:45 PM
I can't wait for the draft its going to be good.

atucker22
01-28-2009, 07:33 PM
I think the Patriots will be unstoppable next year with Tom Brady back, and a few fairly high picks, they'll be a Championship caliber team again.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Well of course everyone knows the Pats will come out strong next year with at least a 12-4 record I wish I knew more about this years draft I know like nothing about any of the players but hopefully my teams get some good picks.

CrazyTrainer
01-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Broncos defense in all the rounds.

karmachameleon
02-01-2009, 03:30 AM
Tomorrow is Super Sunday. I'm betting on Pittsburgh, but I'm gonna be rooting heavily for Arizona because I found out that Larry Fitzgerald grew up like 5 blocks away from my house.

MaskedJackal
02-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Well of course everyone knows the Pats will come out strong next year with at least a 12-4 record I wish I knew more about this years draft I know like nothing about any of the players but hopefully my teams get some good picks.

I hoe the Ravens get Jeremy Maclin or Percy Harvin. Derrick Mason is getting old, and they need another receiver anyway.

atucker22
02-01-2009, 11:39 AM
I hoe the Ravens get Jeremy Maclin or Percy Harvin. Derrick Mason is getting old, and they need another receiver anyway.

Yeah right, they're gonna go WAAAAY before the Ravens get their first pick

MaskedJackal
02-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Yeah right, they're gonna go WAAAAY before the Ravens get their first pick

Then why are a lot of people saying that they'll get Harvin? Maclin will probably go early, but there is the possibility of trading up.

I wish Dez Bryant was draft-eligible...

Orthar
02-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Cardinals: 21
Steelers: 17

Watch it happen.

Dr Scott
02-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I hope so. I'm rooting for the Cardinals.

Sadly, I'm going to blippin' miss the game. I have to work 4-10, so I'm basically gunna miss all of it ... Wish my cable box could tape shows, mmm, I really should get one like that.

MaskedJackal
02-01-2009, 04:03 PM

Watch it happen.

I hope you're right. **** the Stealers!

Black Hawk
02-01-2009, 04:05 PM

Watch it happen.

No, you're wrong. As of last night, I have had two dreams that say the score will be 30-16.

Cardinals win.

Clutch
02-01-2009, 05:52 PM
I got the Cardinals over the Steelers 23 - 17.

Hopefully I'll be home in time for the game, I've got a doubleheader at 4... :/

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-01-2009, 07:57 PM
In only a few hours history will be made after the Cardinals win their first superbowl unless of course they beat themselves which could happen just like last Years Giants they didn't deserve any playoff wins but all their opponents beat themselves so who knows maybe the Steelers will win.

CrazyTrainer
02-02-2009, 01:05 AM
Super Bowl update
PIT 20 AZ 7

Charbok
02-02-2009, 01:12 AM
In only a few hours history will be made after the Cardinals win their first superbowl.

Super Bowl update
PIT 20 AZ 7

These two posts work so perfectly together it's almost funny.

Synester
02-02-2009, 01:19 AM
Cardinals are getting buttraped. So much for "underdogs win big games". Go Steelers!

Black Hawk
02-02-2009, 01:23 AM
I feel like a kid with a mental condition who asked a hot girl out and got denied and got spared no sympathy due to my condition :cry:

CrazyTrainer
02-02-2009, 01:36 AM
Super Bowl update

PIT 20 AZ 14

Synester
02-02-2009, 02:14 AM
Steelers just won the Superbowl suckers :P. Haha, Cardinals got it handed to them. Steelers are the first team to win 6 superbowls ^^

karmachameleon
02-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Wow that Super Bowl was better than last year's. Congrats to Pittsburgh, Mike Tomlin, Mewelde Moore, and Mitch Berger.

scubasteveE
02-02-2009, 02:48 AM
final score
PITT-27
ARZ-23

What a game.(still I think last year's was better). But that last play is eating me up. I first thought his arm was going forward, so wait for them to show the replay. The showed it twice and before I could react they said it was a fumble. I just cannot see how it took the refs 15 seconds to decide something like that. I mean it was if they wanted the game over quick. Damn refs.:sad:

MaskedJackal
02-02-2009, 03:10 AM
boooooooooooooooooo

booooooooooooooo

boooooooooooooooooo

How lame. The media's favorite team wins again.

Clutch
02-02-2009, 04:19 AM
boooooooooooooooooo

booooooooooooooo

boooooooooooooooooo

How lame. The media's favorite team wins again.

Yeah, the Steelers are totally the media's favorite team. :rolleyes:

coughCOWBOYS&PATRIOTScough

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-02-2009, 04:55 AM
Wow that was a stupid game that interception was not a touchdown his knees were clearly down before the ball was in the endzone and yet again the Steelers win because of teams beating themselves just like last year when the Giants won the superbowl the NFL is screwed up right now the better teams keep beating themselves man what a disappointment oh well I had fun partying anyways.

MaskedJackal
02-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Yeah, the Steelers are totally the media's favorite team. :rolleyes:

coughCOWBOYS&PATRIOTScough

Neither of them were in the playoffs. They had to hump someone else's leg.

Dr Scott
02-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Mmm, figured the Steelers would win, but I didn't want them to :P. Can't say I really cared as much as I did last year, though, so it's no big loss to me. Looking forward to next year already and watching as (hopefully) the Bears get slowly better.

The Steelers really aren't that bad when it comes to the media... Last year every single little kid had jumped on the Patriot bus and were acting like they had been fans for years and knew everything about football. THAT was a LOT more annoying than the Steelers bit. Honestly, I think that Ari had just as much love, I don't know how many Larry Fitz specials I saw. Though yeah, I guess I did see more Steeler fans around than Ari fans ...

In non-related football news, apparently Tony Romo cheated on Jessica, Larry Fitz abused his wife (or something like that), and everybody on the Steelers got caught with drugs (okay, not quite) XD.

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-02-2009, 06:10 PM
I've been a Pats fan since I started watching football and I found out about Tom Brady but they have never been in my top 2 because everyone knows they are going to dominate every year (except last for the most obvious reason) but at least that game didn't have to many bad calls except for the pick 6 and that last throw which wasn't a fumble but whatever.

Beavs1Fan
02-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Mmm, figured the Steelers would win, but I didn't want them to :P. Can't say I really cared as much as I did last year, though, so it's no big loss to me. Looking forward to next year already and watching as (hopefully) the Bears get slowly better.

The Steelers really aren't that bad when it comes to the media... Last year every single little kid had jumped on the Patriot bus and were acting like they had been fans for years and knew everything about football. THAT was a LOT more annoying than the Steelers bit. Honestly, I think that Ari had just as much love, I don't know how many Larry Fitz specials I saw. Though yeah, I guess I did see more Steeler fans around than Ari fans ...

In non-related football news, apparently Tony Romo cheated on Jessica, Larry Fitz abused his wife (or something like that), and everybody on the Steelers got caught with drugs (okay, not quite) XD.

Did you see that Santonio Holmes catch WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!??!!?! I loved that Troy Polomolu(how do you spell that name?) comercial. Parody of Mean Joe Greene commercial.

atucker22
02-02-2009, 07:18 PM
After Tom Brady got hurt I said to my dad "I bet the Steelers are gonna win Super Bowl 43", and about 3 months later it happened.

I don't care what you guys say but the refs did a good job, I agreed with every call they made.

The Santonio Holmes catch was amazing, and the James Harrison return was phenominal.

The Cardinals would have won had they not had so darn many penalties, but they played well and just about won.

It's been a great season to discuss with you guys (and girls) and lets hope next year is just as good!!!

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Well next year all of the right teams should be dominating again and I wont be suprised if the Pats make it to the AFC Championship at least and hopefully Tennesse can claim the AFC South Title again but it wont be easy.

Black Hawk
02-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Tennessee was just a flash in the pan. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs next year.

On a side note, My favorite commercial was the "Nobody wants to see you naked," Flower commercial. Teleflora or something.

I also figured out what those whacked out G commercials with Muhammed Ali in 'em are about :surp:

CrazyTrainer
02-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Card's blue it steelers win. Now lets get to the offseason right guys.

Black Hawk
02-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Card's blue it steelers win. Now lets get to the offseason right guys.

You spell blew wrong. Let's skip the offseason for a week and wait until the Pro Bowl ends, right guys?

Legendary Wolf
02-02-2009, 11:27 PM
You spell blew wrong. Let's skip the offseason for a week and wait until the Pro Bowl ends, right guys?

Sounds about right, I think that the NFC will win, the entire league was more satisfying to watch then the AFC.

scubasteveE
02-02-2009, 11:40 PM
After Tom Brady got hurt I said to my dad "I bet the Steelers are gonna win Super Bowl 43", and about 3 months later it happened.

I don't care what you guys say but the refs did a good job, I agreed with every call they made.

The Santonio Holmes catch was amazing, and the James Harrison return was phenominal.

The Cardinals would have won had they not had so darn many penalties, but they played well and just about won.

It's been a great season to discuss with you guys (and girls) and lets hope next year is just as good!!!
The refs did ok, until the last play. They should have took a good look at the last play and made sure the ball wasn't moving forward, and I did not think they didn't take long enough. I mean how many minutes did they take to make sure Holmes had both his feet in the end zone? Why didn't they do the same thing on this? That was just poor officiating and made the ending controversial. They really wanted the game to be over and to go home, that is why I hate refs.

Beavs1Fan
02-03-2009, 12:07 AM
The refs did ok, until the last play. They should have took a good look at the last play and made sure the ball wasn't moving forward, and I did not think they didn't take long enough. I mean how many minutes did they take to make sure Holmes had both his feet in the end zone? Why didn't they do the same thing on this? That was just poor officiating and made the ending controversial. They really wanted the game to be over and to go home, that is why I hate refs.

Do you really think that the Card's could have pulled off a 5 sec TD?

MaskedJackal
02-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Do you really think that the Card's could have pulled off a 5 sec TD?

We don't know if they would have or not, because they were never given the chance.

I agree with that random drunk guy I ran into at the party. "I'M ******' PROTESTING THAT GAME".

Synester
02-03-2009, 12:16 AM
You guys all seemed shocked and disapointed that the Cards lost =\. They did what they could, and they just couldn't stand up to the Steelers defense, get over it :P. You can hate on them all you want, but the better man won :P

scubasteveE
02-03-2009, 02:05 AM
No. I actually didn't care who won, as I stated before. I just didn't like how it ended.

EDIT: I also don't hate the steelers either. It was a good game which either team could have won.

karmachameleon
02-03-2009, 04:55 AM

I don't think it was a pass. At first I thought it was gonna be a 'tuck rule' thing but then I saw the slow-motion replay and he clearly lost the control of the ball before his hand started moving- his hand was just pushing the ball forward after that making it look like it was an incomplete pass. So it's all good in my eyes.

I'm happy about this year's Super Bowl mainly because I feel like the best team in the league actually won it, unlike last year.

Pro Bowl- don't care, but I hope AD gets MVP again.

Speaking of MVPs, James Harrison should have been SB MVP. He got like 3 holding penalties against him, was relentless all game, and got the 99yd TD. The NFL didn't want the national spotlight to go to someone who was beating someone on the ground though- I thought it was funny, but he did get 15yds against his time in a critical drive for the Cards. Santonio wasn't a bad pick though.

Orthar
02-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Speaking of MVPs, James Harrison should have been SB MVP. He got like 3 holding penalties against him, was relentless all game, and got the 99yd TD. The NFL didn't want the national spotlight to go to someone who was beating someone on the ground though- I thought it was funny, but he did get 15yds against his time in a critical drive for the Cards. Santonio wasn't a bad pick though.

That's another reffing error, he was clearly on the ground and did NOT score.

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Yeah right after that happened I knew it was game over and anyone who argues that it was a touchdown well sorry but I just don't think it was I saw his Knees hit the ground right before the ball crossed the white line.

Beavs1Fan
02-03-2009, 06:40 PM
How could you argue with the 100 yd TD? His Freakin' head was in the End Zone when he landed!!!!!!

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-03-2009, 07:17 PM
The ball has to be over the line not his body and when his knees were on the ground the ball was not over the line or even on it.

Beavs1Fan
02-03-2009, 07:22 PM
The ball has to be over the line not his body and when his knees were on the ground the ball was not over the line or even on it.

I know that, But the ball was in, the replay showed that the ball was over the line BEFORE the knee was down. They would have called it if he hadnt made it over the line.

Game Over
02-03-2009, 10:39 PM
The touchdown didn't so much change the game as that interception did, the score could have been tied or even cardinals lead, and the biggest play of the game was the fitzgerald td with 2 something left because if I learned anything after last years super bowl its that 2 minutes is too much time.

Black Hawk
02-03-2009, 11:23 PM
I know that, But the ball was in, the replay showed that the ball was over the line BEFORE the knee was down. They would have called it if he hadnt made it over the line.

You obvious have no idea in hell what you are talking about. Actually, neither does Vincent. The replay clearly shows that his knee was down on Fitzgerald, not the ground, making the ball live when it crossed the endzone, then he rolled over.

His knees never touched the ground.