PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Chat Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Beavs1Fan
02-04-2009, 12:35 AM
You obvious have no idea in hell what you are talking about. Actually, neither does Vincent. The replay clearly shows that his knee was down on Fitzgerald, not the ground, making the ball live when it crossed the endzone, then he rolled over.

His knees never touched the ground.

EXACTLY!!!! Fitzgerald kinda pulled him down and his knee bounced off of Fitz's leg.

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Well then there should be a rule change because he would have been techinically down so what you're saying is that it's okay to just have some guy lay down on the ground and you can just sit on him because you are technically not on the ground that makes perfect sense.

Black Hawk
02-04-2009, 01:35 AM
Well then there should be a rule change because he would have been techinically down so what you're saying is that it's okay to just have some guy lay down on the ground and you can just sit on him because you are technically not on the ground that makes perfect sense.

Actually yes it does. That has been allowed for as long as I can remember in the NFL.

Game Over
02-04-2009, 01:45 AM
Black Hawk and Beavs1Fan are right about Harrisons touchdown, an example is when a player trips and falls on the ground, like what happen to Maurice Jones-Drew a few years when everyone thought he was down, but he was never touched so he ran for a touchdown during all the confusion.

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-04-2009, 01:48 AM
But he was touched it's just that another body was in the way but I look at that how I look at the out of bounds rule where if you catch it but get knocked out and you would have landed in they count the catch well he would have hit the ground so it should count as being down.

iReign
02-04-2009, 01:59 AM
I believe James Harrison should've been ejected.

Game Over
02-04-2009, 02:01 AM
I believe James Harrison should've been ejected.

For what I didn't see anything?

scubasteveE
02-04-2009, 05:09 AM
I don't think it was a pass. At first I thought it was gonna be a 'tuck rule' thing but then I saw the slow-motion replay and he clearly lost the control of the ball before his hand started moving- his hand was just pushing the ball forward after that making it look like it was an incomplete pass. So it's all good in my eyes.

I'm happy about this year's Super Bowl mainly because I feel like the best team in the league actually won it, unlike last year.

Pro Bowl- don't care, but I hope AD gets MVP again.

Speaking of MVPs, James Harrison should have been SB MVP. He got like 3 holding penalties against him, was relentless all game, and got the 99yd TD. The NFL didn't want the national spotlight to go to someone who was beating someone on the ground though- I thought it was funny, but he did get 15yds against his time in a critical drive for the Cards. Santonio wasn't a bad pick though.
The way it looked to me, the ball with his arm was moving slightly for like 2 frames before it came out. But that is not what I'm arguring about. After I think about it, did they even review it, because like the refs had the ball already for the steelers to down it. If they would of al least reviewed it, I wouldn't be mad, the fact that they didn't is what I'm upset about. That is the point I'm trying to make.

MaskedJackal
02-04-2009, 11:54 AM
For what I didn't see anything?

Later in the game, he knocked one of the Cardinals down like 3 times after the play was over.

Of course, he plays for the Stealers, so they wouldn't eject him. I hate how they gave him the defensive MVP award over Ed Reed, who is the best safety to ever play the game.

Black Hawk
02-04-2009, 12:02 PM
But he was touched it's just that another body was in the way but I look at that how I look at the out of bounds rule where if you catch it but get knocked out and you would have landed in they count the catch well he would have hit the ground so it should count as being down.

Actually, as of this season, the force out rule doesn't exist anymore, so your argument holds no water.

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Oh they did actually get rid of that rule so now if you would have caught it in bounds yet you don't land in because you get hit out of the air it wont count? Well that's good I guess but in the end at least the refs didn't rape Arizona half as bad as they raped Seattle and anyone who argues that is truly retarded plain and simple.

atucker22
02-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Later in the game, he knocked one of the Cardinals down like 3 times after the play was over.

Of course, he plays for the Stealers, so they wouldn't eject him. I hate how they gave him the defensive MVP award over Ed Reed, who is the best safety to ever play the game.

Not only did he knock him down, but he started punching him. I thought he should have been ejected as well.

Ed Reed could have been defensive player of the year, cause he is the best safety in the league, but I guess the voters just thought James Harrison was better, which is absurd because I never heard of him till he took the pick back on Sunday, but whatever.

Beavs1Fan
02-04-2009, 11:39 PM
The way it looked to me, the ball with his arm was moving slightly for like 2 frames before it came out. But that is not what I'm arguring about. After I think about it, did they even review it, because like the refs had the ball already for the steelers to down it. If they would of al least reviewed it, I wouldn't be mad, the fact that they didn't is what I'm upset about. That is the point I'm trying to make.

OK!!!!!! Even if they had reviewed it and reversed it, its not like the Cardinals would have made a TD in 5 sec. I think that his hand was just pushing the ball, if he had control over the ball then it would be a questionable call.

karmachameleon
02-05-2009, 01:27 AM
Ed Reed, who is the best safety to ever play the game.

Ed Reed is bar none the best safety in the league, but all time? Ronnie Lott, Rod Woodson, Leroy Butler have something to say about that.

CrazyTrainer
02-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Who thinks LT is going to be trade?

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-05-2009, 10:35 PM
I wanna see Larry Birdman Johnson get traded seems how the Chiefs are falling apart.

atucker22
02-06-2009, 08:47 PM
I wanna see Larry Birdman Johnson get traded seems how the Chiefs are falling apart.

He and Tony Gonzalez asked to be traded/let go. I hope the Pats get LJ, so their entire offense will be elite

Black Hawk
02-06-2009, 10:11 PM
He and Tony Gonzalez asked to be traded/let go. I hope the Pats get LJ, so their entire offense will be elite

I hope the Pats get no good free agents. I am, afterall, an American. From personal experience, I have found that most Americans hate the Patriots unless they're New England'ers, Noobs who bandwagon hop, or people who use to live in New England.

I italicized most because some jackhole will never fail to come along and say they like the patriots just to disprove my point. Face it, Pats fans, nobody else likes your team.

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Well I think it's fair to say that you hate the Patriots because they are too good seems how anyone who likes the Patriots is an idiot right? I would love to see Larry Johnson on the Cardinals because he is an epic back who just needs a team that doesn't have to give him the ball the entire game because it's just to tiring and with Arizonas nearly unbeatable passing game a guy like Larry would right in.

karmachameleon
02-07-2009, 01:16 AM
Larry Johnson hasn't been good for a few years, and he's getting pretty old. Not worth a huge signing.

The best free agent this year is Nnamdi Asomugha, I really hope the Vikes get him but in the process they'd probably have to lose Darren Sharper and Matt Birk, two solid but old players.

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-08-2009, 01:15 AM
Dude are you kidding me Larry Johnson just needs on a team where he doesn't get the ball 40 times a game that's rediculous and with Arizonas passing game he wont have to do all the work I just want to see him finish his career strong because he's one of my favorite backs.

Game Over
02-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Dude are you kidding me Larry Johnson just needs on a team where he doesn't get the ball 40 times a game that's rediculous and with Arizonas passing game he wont have to do all the work I just want to see him finish his career strong because he's one of my favorite backs.
LJ is fine where he is, after all Thigpen showed real progress last year and their new hirings in the gm and coaching staff should help a lot.

MaskedJackal
02-09-2009, 09:26 PM
If we lose Ray Lewis, I'm gonna ******' cry.

The Admiral GiMoo
02-09-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm a big Baltimore Ravens fan. I'm from Baltimore!

Game Over
02-09-2009, 09:36 PM

If baltimore pays him the money they said they would, then he probably ain't going anywhere.

CrazyTrainer
02-09-2009, 11:01 PM
This is good info if your a denver fan like me. Julius Peppers said he wants to plat in 3-4 defense so we can definately pick him up so say if updated.

Game Over
02-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Matt Cassel is coming back and I am so excited for new england.

Beavs1Fan
02-10-2009, 12:18 AM

I know he is the best on the team!

iReign
02-10-2009, 12:32 AM

I agree!

karmachameleon
02-10-2009, 01:25 AM
Matt Cassel is coming back and I am so excited for new england.

He got franchised right? He could be signed or traded, like how Jared Allen was last year. If someone signs Cassel the Pats automatically get 2 first round picks from the draft.

Lions released Leigh Bodden, I hope the Vikes sign him or Asomougha.

Game Over
02-10-2009, 09:14 PM
He got franchised right? He could be signed or traded, like how Jared Allen was last year. If someone signs Cassel the Pats automatically get 2 first round picks from the draft.

Lions released Leigh Bodden, I hope the Vikes sign him or Asomougha.

The pats probably just signed him so that next year when someone needs a quarterback New England and Matt Cassel will be on that list and the pats would probably get something good in return.

Dr Scott
02-11-2009, 03:38 AM
News (http://www.thebrushback.com/franchise_full.htm): Lions tried to franchise Kurt Warner.

Yeah, idiot, it's a joke :P

Clutch
02-12-2009, 01:01 AM
Brett Favre has retired, again, after 18 seasons in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80eafc80&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

CrazyTrainer
02-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Wow thats crazy.

Legendary Wolf
02-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Brett Favre has retired, again, after 18 seasons in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80eafc80&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Hopefully that's the last time. .-.

CrazyTrainer
02-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey where do you think Albert Hanworth is going.

Game Over
02-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey where do you think Albert Hanworth is going.

I don't think anywhere becuase tennessee has made no secret about wanting him back.

Rydinophor
02-13-2009, 10:47 PM
i think next year it will be the detroit lions and kansas city chiefs. *sarcasm*

Black Hawk
02-13-2009, 10:53 PM
i think next year it will be the detroit lions and kansas city chiefs. *sarcasm*

WOW! You're SOOOO funny!:rolleyes:

Game Over
02-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Don't mock Kansas City, they could be decent next year.

Beavs1Fan
02-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Don't mock Kansas City, they could be decent next year.

nah, they'll pretty much suck next year...

Game Over
02-14-2009, 10:44 PM
nah, they'll pretty much suck next year...

You never know, look what Miami and Baltimore did last year

Orthar
02-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Looks like Atalanta is trying to trade away Michael Vick rather than release him, I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Detroit tried to pick him up, even Chicago or New York (Jets).

Dr Scott
02-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Looks like Atalanta is trying to trade away Michael Vick rather than release him, I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Detroit tried to pick him up, even Chicago or New York (Jets).

Goodness knows I hope not. If they did that I'd cry multiple times.

And for Detroit's sake I hope they don't. I mean, going from the worst team to the worst team with a dog killer.

Beavs1Fan
02-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Goodness knows I hope not. If they did that I'd cry multiple times.

And for Detroit's sake I hope they don't. I mean, going from the worst team to the worst team with a dog killer.

wow i just LOL'd

Game Over
02-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Why does it matter where Vick goes now, I believe he learned his lesson, and last time I checked, Michael Vick was better than whatever quarterbacks Detroit was using last year.

CrazyTrainer
02-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Micheal Vick is probably going to the San francisco .

Game Over
02-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Fred Taylor is now a free agent and probably going to an NFC team.

Beavs1Fan
02-16-2009, 10:25 PM
I dont think that Vick is going to sign with anyone. and if he does it will be will the Lions

Clutch
02-17-2009, 04:47 AM
I honestly don't think New York or Chicago would pick him up, but Detroit... maybe. If they get desperate, it wouldn't surprise me.
Fred Taylor is now a free agent and probably going to an NFC team.
It's sad that the Jags released him. But, they're in the midst of a rebuilding process so I can see why they did.

MaskedJackal
02-17-2009, 11:45 AM
You never know, look what Miami and Baltimore did last year

That's because Baltimore is awesome, and that 5-11 season was a result of most everyone on the team getting hurt. The quarterbacking was terrible too.

Game Over
02-17-2009, 05:48 PM
If Minnesota signs Jeff Garcia, are they the NFC favorite to go to the super bowl?

CrazyTrainer
02-17-2009, 10:17 PM
I don't think Minnasota is going to win the super bowl until they can win a playoff game.

karmachameleon
02-17-2009, 11:28 PM
If Minnesota signs Jeff Garcia, are they the NFC favorite to go to the super bowl?

No, we need a new coach.

Garcia would be a nice addition though. He can still scramble at age 39 and throw pretty well too, plus he has run the West Coast Offense for pretty much his whole career and has worked with Childress before, so it wouldn't be a bad fit, but I don't think he would be a permanent solution for our QB needs. I'd rather see TJack for one more year or draft a QB.

Dr Scott
02-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Jeff Garcia could go many ways.

Free agent wise, we have Fred Taylor and now Duece. Two decent RBs up for grabs by any team that needs one, or at the very least needs a good backup. I hope Chicago picks up Fred Taylor despite the fact that he's gettin' old, because having someone who can run backing up Matt would be nice.

Though it'd be nicer to have a boss QB and WR to back Matt up.

CrazyTrainer
02-18-2009, 09:23 PM
A new free agent Dre Bly he was release by the broncos.

Game Over
02-18-2009, 09:39 PM
A new free agent Dre Bly he was release by the broncos.

I thought he was a really good corner, what happened?

CrazyTrainer
02-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah Dre Bly was horrible this year.

Clutch
02-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Anyone else feeling that Garcia could return to San Fransisco where he first started?

Just something that popped into my head.

CrazyTrainer
02-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Yeah your right but , they might be trying to get Michael Vick

Black Hawk
02-18-2009, 09:52 PM

No, if they got Garcia they would be a favorite to division chumps.

I live in Tampa and have season tickets to the Bucs, unfortunately.(born and raised in Indiana, die hard Colts fan but w/e) I have been to 20 Bucs game since I moved to Florida and of all of the ones I've seen with Garcia at QB, its just dreadful. His performance is horrible, he just seems better because he had the amazing Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard's great hands. Trust me, Garcia is more burden then his good side.

Game Over
02-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah your right but , they might be trying to get Michael Vick

49ers ownership does not want Vick anymore, and Vick will go somewhere eventually, probably within 6-12 months after he gets out of jail, or if a teams quarterbacks all get injured, like what happened to the Cleveland browns last year.

CrazyTrainer
02-19-2009, 10:57 PM
I was just saying what could possible happen. Who going to pick up Hanworth.

Game Over
02-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Who is going to be the number one pick in the upcoming draft, I think it will be Matt Stafford.

karmachameleon
02-24-2009, 03:12 AM
Who is going to be the number one pick in the upcoming draft, I think it will be Matt Stafford.

It's definitely gonna be Stafford, but I think Detroit should get an offensive lineman, there are a bunch of top level talent o-linemen in this draft.

CrazyTrainer
02-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Lions have like nine picks hopefully they do good.

Game Over
02-25-2009, 12:43 AM
Lions have like nine picks hopefully they do good.

Detroit should take Crabtree, Stafford, or an o-line/d-line player, imo.

karmachameleon
02-25-2009, 01:01 AM
Detroit should take Crabtree, Stafford, or an o-line/d-line player, imo.

Crabtree will be good, but Lions drafted a WR pretty much every year when Millen was there, so I'm guessing they go any position on defense, QB, or O-line. WR isn't one of their biggest needs right now. They have another first rounder, so I'm guessing that one is going to be defense or O-line.

CrazyTrainer
02-26-2009, 11:08 PM
I wonder where's Ray Lewis going.

Game Over
02-26-2009, 11:19 PM
I wonder where's Ray Lewis going.

I think Ray is going to Dallas.

CrazyTrainer
02-28-2009, 01:45 AM
Why did Minnasota get Sage Roseinfels can someone tell me.

Black Hawk
02-28-2009, 02:05 AM
cuz he was a great back up in Houston and he will provide the Vikings with a top rank bad QB. He'll be a great backup/horrible starter.

Game Over
02-28-2009, 02:24 AM
Why did Minnasota get Sage Roseinfels can someone tell me.

He can't be any worse than the quarterbacks Minnesota has right now, and a fourth round pick isn't a big loss if the guy turns out to be horrible.

Clutch
02-28-2009, 06:39 PM
The Patriots just traded Matt Cassel to the Chiefs.

Thoughts?

Black Hawk
02-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Idk, IMO it was great. The Chiefs need someone like him to rebuild their team starting from the center of the offense

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Matt Cassell was the Patriots backup QB right? If so yeah he needed to be traded I mean come on the Patriots didn't even make the playoffs so obviously he couldn't carry the load that Tom Brady does.

Game Over
02-28-2009, 10:12 PM

Thoughts?

Matt Cassel was awesome last season, I am kind of sad he is no longer on the team. Also, what did New England get in return?

Black Hawk
02-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Matt Cassel was awesome last season, I am kind of sad he is no longer on the team. Also, what did New England get in return?

Vrabel, Cassel > Chiefs
Patriots < Second round pick

Haze
02-28-2009, 10:59 PM

Thoughts?

I thought it was odd that they traded him since they had recently put the franchise tag on him, Especially since they didn't get that much in return. :o

Game Over
02-28-2009, 11:49 PM
I thought it was odd that they traded him since they had recently put the franchise tag on him, Especially since they didn't get that much in return. :o

I think New England only tagged Matt, because they knew teams wanted him and would give New England something good in a trade.

CrazyTrainer
03-01-2009, 05:48 AM
All denver fans we signed the following players.
Brian Dawkins
Renaldo Hill
Correll Buckhalter
JJ Arrington
Jabar Gaffney

atucker22
03-01-2009, 12:25 PM
If Tom Brady doesn't recover from his injury well, the Pats are screwed, though that is what everyone said last year.

Game Over
03-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Brian Dawkins
Renaldo Hill
Correll Buckhalter
JJ Arrington
Jabar Gaffney

Those are some good football players, maybe some of the better signings during free agency.

Clutch
03-02-2009, 03:52 AM
I thought the same thing. Vrabel and Cassel for only a 2nd Round pick? That's odd...
Brian Dawkins
Renaldo Hill
Correll Buckhalter
JJ Arrington
Jabar Gaffney
It's going to be different seeing Dawkins in something other than an Eagles jersey. He was in Philly for so long. He was like the soul of their defense.

Anyway, I'm happy that we signed Albert Haynesworth to a 7year/100mill deal. And by "we" I mean Washington. I'm a Redskins fan. :cool:

Haze
03-02-2009, 04:20 AM
Anyway, I'm happy that we signed Albert Haynesworth to a 7year/100mill deal. And by "we" I mean Washington. I'm a Redskins fan. :cool:

I thought they over payed for him, especially with the 41m guaranteed. DTs don't have that long of a lifespan in the NFL, so yeah, imo the deal wasn't worh it. :x

Beavs1Fan
03-02-2009, 03:31 PM
If Tom Brady doesn't recover from his injury well, the Pats are screwed, though that is what everyone said last year.

i say they are still screwed no matter what.. :P

Orthar
03-02-2009, 04:15 PM

The Giants signed Canty. Jerry Jones is literally a moron for not keeping Canty, he was really developing and he's a monster. 6'7 310 pounds, and now he's going to be on the Giants defense next to Osi & Company.

I feel bad for Tony Romo now, at least two times a season he's going to get his ass kicked.

And what's this, we signed Jon Kitna?! Retarded, why would we trade a veteran corner for a garbage QB. It's the same as if we still had Brad Johnson.

Oh, and Keith Brooking, he'll make some plays! Maybe his rookie season or a few seasons after, but as of late his play has been sub-par. That and he's undersized. I have no idea why we can't just use the talent we already have, like Kevin Burnett or Bradie James or Bobby Carpenter.

The Cowboys aren't a football team anymore, they're a movie. And every time Jerry Jones comes into the season with the same mentality that we're the best and we're gonna dominate everyone.

The definition of insanity is keeping things the same and expecting different results. We need a change of ownership and Head Coach, now.

Oh, and firing T.O. would be pretty cool too.

Game Over
03-03-2009, 12:14 AM
While a lot of people don't understand the Matt Cassel/Mike Vrabel trade to Kansas City, it makes sense to me. Also I believe Washington overpayed for DeAngelo Hall.

Vincent_Valentine_4
03-03-2009, 12:16 AM
The Redskins got Deangelo Hall? Wow that's huge and I doubt he's overpaid Hall has an attitude problem but he's still a beast just Like Randy Moss,T.O. and all the other cocky players out there.

Game Over
03-03-2009, 12:23 AM
The Redskins got Deangelo Hall? Wow that's huge and I doubt he's overpaid Hall has an attitude problem but he's still a beast just Like Randy Moss,T.O. and all the other cocky players out there.

Isn't 9 million dollars a lot for him though?

Haze
03-03-2009, 12:26 AM

The thing with them is they actually produced good results for their teams and stayed out of trouble for the most part. Deangelo Hall will just screw up on or off the field in Washington, just like he did in Atlanta and Virginia Tech. :X

CrazyTrainer
03-03-2009, 12:35 AM
I wonder wheres TJ Houshmanzadeh going.

Game Over
03-03-2009, 12:49 AM
I wonder wheres TJ Houshmanzadeh going.

He signed with Seattle, I can't remember the terms of the deal though.

CrazyTrainer
03-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Will the Lions come up and make the playoff like the Dolphins did.

Orthar
03-03-2009, 02:00 AM

Will you ever stop asking dumb, random questions?

Seriously.

MaskedJackal
03-03-2009, 03:53 AM

LOL, that's funny. The Lions will never make the playoffs.

Vincent_Valentine_4
03-03-2009, 04:22 AM
I wish TJ went to the Titans they could use a veteran like him no their team seeing as they have no big name receivers just a bunch of randoms.

Beavs1Fan
03-03-2009, 04:52 AM
He signed with Seattle, I can't remember the terms of the deal though.

YEAH BOY!!! that's right! huszh ya man zadah is coming to SEA TOWN!

karmachameleon
03-03-2009, 04:56 AM
Ooh, Vikes just missed out TJ Whosyourmomma. No big deal though, we would have most definitely overpaid for him and not have had enough money for other more important needs, like offensive line. The Sage Rosenfels signing was pretty awful, why pay a backup $3 mill a year? He's not even as good as TJack. We should have just kept Gus and moved on.

That Deangelo Hall signing was pretty bad. Like $9 mill a year for a way too hyped up cornerback. There's a reason why Oakland cut him- down in the Bay Area they play man to man coverage a lot, and Hall just wasn't adapting to it well. He's very talented but he needs to play in a Cover 2/ zone scheme for his benefit, and I don't know what Washington runs.

Just my 2 cents.

Clutch
03-04-2009, 03:55 AM
Well, we released Jason Taylor yesterday, which really puzzles me. We brought in Haynesworth to help out Taylor on the line, and for some odd reason we just couldn't reach a deal with him. Now the question is who is going to take Taylor's place.

On a good note, we brought back Derrick Dockery today. He was one of our most reliable offensive lineman a few years back, which we are in a desperate need of. Our line started to deteriorate by the end of the season, and we couldn't rush the ball as well as we could in the beginning of the season.

Dr Scott
03-04-2009, 04:03 AM
I read ya let go of Taylor because he wouldn't sign something that said he had to go to so many team workouts. Something like that anyways, just another whiny superstar.

Seems everyone is getting overpaid though, while in basketball they're trading people just to save money.

No big moves from the Bears, though the big stuff is when draft day hits. Free agency isn't all it's cracked up to be, the NBA is more exciting FA wise :P.

atucker22
03-04-2009, 01:35 PM
While a lot of people don't understand the Matt Cassel/Mike Vrabel trade to Kansas City, it makes sense to me.

It makes sense to me too. Vrabel is getting old and will retire soon, why not get something for him, and with Brady back they won't need Cassel anyhow. Plus they get an extra 2nd round pick.

Clutch
03-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Looks like Warner is staying in Arizona, according to ESPN. He just signed a 2yr/23mill deal.

CrazyTrainer
03-04-2009, 09:16 PM
There Marcus Washington out for sale.

Game Over
03-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Looks like Warner is staying in Arizona, according to ESPN. He just signed a 2yr/23mill deal.

Probably one of the best free agent signings. After going to the super bowl, I believe there was no way Arizona was going to let Kurt Warner go. Also IMO Leinart probably couldn't even lead Arizona to the playoffs.

Clutch
03-05-2009, 05:04 AM
According to ESPN's Michael Smith, the Dallas Cowboys have released Terrell Owens.

Dr Scott
03-05-2009, 05:41 AM
According to ESPN's Michael Smith, the Dallas Cowboys have released Terrell Owens.

No fair, that was what I was going to say. It's all over ESPN.

Who do you think is getting him? I hope not the Bears :P.

Clutch
03-05-2009, 06:44 AM
No fair, that was what I was going to say. It's all over ESPN.

Who do you think is getting him? I hope not the Bears :P.
Ya' snooze ya' lose.

It's hard to tell where he might end up. If I had to guess, and this is a long shot, but I think Al Davis is crazy enough to bring him to Oakland. He did it with Randy Moss, why not T.O.?

Orthar
03-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Wow.

There must be a God, I am so happy. T.O. was one of the poisons on this team, and his ego definitely eclipsed his talent this past season. Releasing him is a step in the right direction, but we are now also losing our top-notch receiver. What does this mean? Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton, Miles Austin, Sam Hurd, Isaiah Stanback all need to step up to another level that they haven't reached yet.

And while I'm happy that he is released, c'mon Jerry damnit! Couldn't you get a trade for Owens?

MaskedJackal
03-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Ray Lewis is back with the Ravens, although it doesn't seem like he wants to be here.

Oh well, glad to have the best LB in the league back.

Dr Scott
03-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Ray Lewis is back with the Ravens, although it doesn't seem like he wants to be here.

Brian Urlacher challenges this comment to an honor duel!

I'd say TO would want to go to a successful team, so I could see him wanting to go to teams like the Chargers with successful QBs. Just as long as he doesn't end up with the Bears I'm happy, I've got to say. But wouldn't it be funny if he ended up on the Redskins?

atucker22
03-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Ya' snooze ya' lose.

It's hard to tell where he might end up. If I had to guess, and this is a long shot, but I think Al Davis is crazy enough to bring him to Oakland. He did it with Randy Moss, why not T.O.?

Well, first off, Randy Moss doesn't have half the ego of T.O., plus Randy Moss is a better player, as well as Randy Moss hasn't been dropped from every team he's ever played on for hating the QB.

iReign
03-05-2009, 08:48 PM

He does want to be back. I saw it on NFL Network. Anywho, Ozzie Newsome is a genius. G.G.

Vincent_Valentine_4
03-05-2009, 09:08 PM
That's cool that TO is a free agent I would laugh if Philly picks him back up just to try out the McNabb Owens combo again.

CrazyTrainer
03-05-2009, 10:41 PM
That's cool that TO is a free agent I would laugh if Philly picks him back up just to try out the McNabb Owens combo again.

That'll never happen no way in the world.

Game Over
03-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Also the cowboys released Roy Williams(#38), I think this is long overdue, since many cowboys fans couldn't wait for Dallas to get rid of him.

Clutch
03-05-2009, 11:45 PM

Best LB in the league? Back in the day, yeah. Now? No.
But wouldn't it be funny if he ended up on the Redskins?
NO, SHUT UP.
Well, first off, Randy Moss doesn't have half the ego of T.O., plus Randy Moss is a better player, as well as Randy Moss hasn't been dropped from every team he's ever played on for hating the QB.
Of course he doesn't have as big of an ego, you're comparing the guy to TERRELL OWENS. Think about it.

MaskedJackal
03-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Brian Urlacher challenges this comment to an honor duel!

Urlacher is probably better now, but there's no doubt that Ray Lewis was the best when he was younger.

karmachameleon
03-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Ray Lewis is better than Urlacher, but new guys like James Harrison, Demarcus Ware, Patrick Willis are better than those two. Lewis used to be the best though. Urlacher I'm pretty sure isn't even the best LB on his team any more.

T.O. is a free agent now... he could go to a lot of teams who are probably willing like Tennessee or Jacksonville. Most interesting situation IMO would be him going to the Pats. If they utilize him well and he keeps his spirits up they'll for sure go 19-0.

Orthar
03-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Ray Lewis is better than Urlacher, but new guys like James Harrison, Demarcus Ware, Patrick Willis are better than those two. Lewis used to be the best though. Urlacher I'm pretty sure isn't even the best LB on his team any more.

T.O. is a free agent now... he could go to a lot of teams who are probably willing like Tennessee or Jacksonville. Most interesting situation IMO would be him going to the Pats. If they utilize him well and he keeps his spirits up they'll for sure go 19-0.

I actually don't see T.O. going anywhere until a team loses their top receiver, and then use T.O. as some sort of a last resort.

It's been proven 3 times that he does not mix well with others, and ultimately devastates teams wherever he goes. It's a gamble to get him, and while you may get some production out of him it will be accompanied with lots of bitchin'.

Game Over
03-06-2009, 11:01 PM
I actually don't see T.O. going anywhere until a team loses their top receiver, and then use T.O. as some sort of a last resort.

It's been proven 3 times that he does not mix well with others, and ultimately devastates teams wherever he goes. It's a gamble to get him, and while you may get some production out of him it will be accompanied with lots of bitchin'.

T.O. has also proven to be a great teammate when he gets the ball and the team wins.

Vincent_Valentine_4
03-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Well I heard that a lot of teams are showing interest but Tennesse isn't one of them oh well TO probably would ruin them anyways.

Orthar
03-07-2009, 08:38 PM
T.O. has also proven to be a great teammate when he gets the ball and the team wins.

An offense should not be based around a single player.

EDIT:

BAHAHAHAHA, T.O. is now a Buffalo Bill! Oh, he's going to have a GREAT career there.

Game Over
03-09-2009, 02:14 AM
An offense should not be based around a single player.

EDIT:

BAHAHAHAHA, T.O. is now a Buffalo Bill! Oh, he's going to have a GREAT career there.

I laughed when I read T.O. went to Buffalo, I think he is going to hate it there, and he will probably be gone by mid-season

CrazyTrainer
03-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Wow two big receives are in the AFC North so it will be a big battle.

Game Over
03-09-2009, 02:38 AM
Wow two big receives are in the AFC North so it will be a big battle.

Do you mean the AFC east? I'm just curious, because it doesn't get much bigger than Moss Vs. Owens, twice a year. I personally can't wait, unless your not talking about these two receivers, and two other wide receivers.

CrazyTrainer
03-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Do you mean the AFC east? I'm just curious, because it doesn't get much bigger than Moss Vs. Owens, twice a year. I personally can't wait, unless your not talking about these two receivers, and two other wide receivers.

Yeah your right.

Game Over
03-10-2009, 02:33 AM
Do the fellow members of pe2k believe LaDainian Tomlinson is going to released, traded or stay in San Diego? I believe LT is staying in San Diego, but thats just me.

atucker22
03-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Do the fellow members of pe2k believe LaDainian Tomlinson is going to released, traded or stay in San Diego? I believe LT is staying in San Diego, but thats just me.

I think he's got too much legacy in SD to be released or traded, much like Barry Sanders and the once, almost good Lions.

Game Over
03-10-2009, 11:12 PM
I think he's got too much legacy in SD to be released or traded, much like Barry Sanders and the once, almost good Lions.

So your saying LT is going to retire? At least thats what I remember Barry Sanders doing.

CrazyTrainer
03-10-2009, 11:51 PM

He will probably stay in san diego. Where will Jeff Garcia go? I think he'll go back to san francisco again how about that.

Vincent_Valentine_4
03-11-2009, 12:37 AM
If they traded LT they would all be a bunch of noobs and yeah lol TO on the bills don't they have a young QB anyways? I'm sure TO is going to make his life hell now.

atucker22
03-11-2009, 08:28 PM
So your saying LT is going to retire? At least thats what I remember Barry Sanders doing.

No, I'm just saying he won't leave, but in a few years if the choice is leave, or retire a Charger, I can see him retiring as a Charger, but not this year.

Dr Scott
03-11-2009, 08:41 PM
This just in ... LT is a Bill!

No, not really, he's staying with the Chargers. Can't say it's too good an idea, considering that HBs tend to start dropping down in ability the more they play (poor Shaun Alexander).

CrazyTrainer
03-11-2009, 09:12 PM
What happen to Shaun Alexander he was good.

Orthar
03-11-2009, 11:48 PM

Madden happened to him.

Game Over
03-12-2009, 01:23 AM
He lost Steve Hutchinson...
Madden happened to him.
and being on the cover of madden didn't help either.

CrazyTrainer
03-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Where will jeff garcia go someone tell me.

Blaziken91
03-14-2009, 02:29 AM
probably back to SanFran, that's the best place he could go.

T.O. going to the Bills may seem bab in the long run, but any fan of football knows that not even T.O. can ruin a franchise in one season.

I've been hearing Mat Staford is not going to be the #1 pick? Who could be then?

Game Over
03-14-2009, 10:01 AM
T.O. going to the Bills may seem bad in the long run, but any fan of football knows that not even T.O. can ruin a franchise in one season

You have to have a short leash with T.O. if you do want him to start acting up. Also T.O. has proven to be a good teammate in his first new season with a franchise, just look at what he did in first season in Philadelphia.

Blaziken91
03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
True, but I'm just worried about their QB, he doesn't need to take T.O.'s crap.

I honestly think Tom Brady isn't going to have a good season. Look at QB's in the past who tried coming back the next season after a leg injury...it doesn't look pretty.

And what about Brain Dawkins! I think Philly made a bad decision in letting him go.

MaskedJackal
03-14-2009, 05:11 PM
True, but I'm just worried about their QB, he doesn't need to take T.O.'s crap.

I honestly think Tom Brady isn't going to have a good season. Look at QB's in the past who tried coming back the next season after a leg injury...it doesn't look pretty.

None of those QBs were Tom Brady though...

CrazyTrainer
03-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Hey where is Juluis Pepers going share if you have answers.

Dr Scott
03-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Speaking of old but good players being let go, St. Louis let go of Big Play Torry Holt.

He's cool Chicago, pick him up!

CrazyTrainer
03-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Speaking of old but good players being let go, St. Louis let go of Big Play Torry Holt.

Het guys the ravens might let go of Samari Rolle he's good.

Orthar
03-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Het guys the ravens might let go of Samari Rolle he's good.

No one gives a **** you retard, stop posting in here. If you continue to post I will get a moderator to infract you and keep you from posting.

I've asked you numerous times.

CrazyTrainer
03-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Hey stay on topic man where talking about football here man. Where do you think Torry Holt is going guys.

atucker22
03-14-2009, 11:14 PM
I've been hearing Mat Staford is not going to be the #1 pick? Who could be then?

Being a Lion fan I hope they take Aaron Curry the OLB from Wake Forest, beacause they really need a good linebacker more than they need a good QB, plus we got Culpepper

CrazyTrainer
03-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Culpepper is garbage. He had 4td then 6 picks. He's wack They should draft Stafford.

Orthar
03-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Hey stay on topic man where talking about football here man. Where do you think Torry Holt is going guys.

You forget this is my thread, and if I tell you to leave, you leave. You're not talking about football, all you do is post some random **** "hey u giysz were do u thnk that TOrry Holt is goi11.1!?!!?!"

Stfu and then kindly gtfo.

CrazyTrainer
03-15-2009, 12:29 AM
Um spelling grammar. You are acting really immature. And I am on topic Torry Holts wants to leave the rams.

Game Over
03-15-2009, 02:28 AM
New England made what I believe to be another good signing today, in getting Joey Galloway. I know he is old, but I think he can still produce, since he should be open because of all the coverage on Moss and Welker.

karmachameleon
03-15-2009, 02:59 AM
Great trade for DET getting Peterson from the Hawks for Redding and a 5th rounder. Im positive now theyre taking Curry 4th overall, they dont need Crabtree as much now that they have Housh.

Culpepper still has some left in the tank. It was only 4 years ago that he put up Brees-like numbers, even when Moss was out for some of that season. Of course, Im incredibly biased, but who isnt for their favorite team?

CrazyTrainer
03-15-2009, 04:32 AM
The seahawks don't need Dt so hopefully they don't draft BJ raji.

Clutch
03-15-2009, 05:44 AM

No, come to Washington! We need someone to go hand in hand with Santana Moss!

But really, I'm happy for him. It had to have sucked being on a losing team for so long.
No one gives a **** you retard, stop posting in here. If you continue to post I will get a moderator to infract you and keep you from posting.

I've asked you numerous times.
I would've said something, but not as nice.
Being a Lion fan I hope they take Aaron Curry the OLB from Wake Forest, beacause they really need a good linebacker more than they need a good QB, plus we got Culpepper
What Detroit really needs is a good offensive line to help protect your QB. If the Lions were smart, they'd draft a good offensive lineman who'd be consistent every Sunday.
Culpepper is garbage. He had 4td then 6 picks. He's wack They should draft Stafford.
... Just go away.

CrazyTrainer
03-15-2009, 05:50 AM
i wonder were Samari Rolle is going.

Orthar
03-15-2009, 05:51 AM
i wonder were Samari Rolle is going.

I know where you are going, out of this thread.

failtroll is failing.

In other news:

Donte Stallworth kills someone. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f42870&template=without-video&confirm=true)

CrazyTrainer
03-15-2009, 06:00 AM
Donte Stallworth had a horrible year in ceveland now he killed someone. He'll end up like MV

atucker22
03-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Donte' was never very good and from my understanding of what happened it was an accident, but I'm not positive.

Oh, and Vick killed dogs not humans.

CrazyTrainer
03-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Yeah your right.

Game Over
03-18-2009, 11:27 PM
I sure New England gets Julius Peppers, he is just what New England needs to win the super bowl.

Alonso
03-18-2009, 11:30 PM
I dont know anything about players. Just the teams.

CrazyTrainer
03-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Hopefully the broncos don't trade Jay Cutler.

Game Over
03-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Hopefully the broncos don't trade Jay Cutler.

Not trying to offend any broncos fans, but I think they should get rid of Jay Cutler. I personally think Cutler is a punk. He needs to grow up and get to training camp, at least thats what I would do if I was the "star" of an NFL franchise.

CrazyTrainer
03-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Not trying to offend any broncos fans, but I think they should get rid of Jay Cutler. I personally think Cutler is a punk. He needs to grow up and get to training camp, at least thats what I would do if I was the "star" of an NFL franchise.

Cutler is nice. He's way better than a Matt Cassell. I would always take him over cassell.

Game Over
03-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Cutler is nice. He's way better than a Matt Cassell. I would always take him over cassell.

Maybe Cutler had better numbers last season, but A) Who led their teams to more wins last season, and B) Which one out of the two have won a super bowl?

karmachameleon
03-19-2009, 02:03 AM
Maybe Cutler had better numbers last season, but A) Who led their teams to more wins last season, and B) Which one out of the two have won a super bowl?

I don't know if Cassell was on the roster of the 2004 Patriots, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't, so neither have won a Super Bowl. Cassell had better numbers and a better record but he had the best coach in the NFL, one of the NFL's top 5 offensive lines protecting him, and Randy Moss. He seems more like a system QB, not saying he's bad, but he's probably never gonna be for KC what he was for NE. It's definitely a good thing for him that a bunch of staff from NE moved over to KC.

I'd take Cutler, he has a cannon for an arm and has diabetes like Lil Boosie

CrazyTrainer
03-20-2009, 01:31 AM
Did Julius Pepers go to New England yet.

Game Over
03-20-2009, 04:10 AM
Did Julius Pepers go to New England yet.

No, because Carolina won't let anyone trade for him, and who wants to give up 2 first round picks for one player.

CrazyTrainer
03-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Please Denver don't trade Cutler.

Clutch
03-25-2009, 08:28 PM
I don't know if Cassell was on the roster of the 2004 Patriots, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't, so neither have won a Super Bowl. Cassell had better numbers and a better record but he had the best coach in the NFL, one of the NFL's top 5 offensive lines protecting him, and Randy Moss. He seems more like a system QB, not saying he's bad, but he's probably never gonna be for KC what he was for NE. It's definitely a good thing for him that a bunch of staff from NE moved over to KC.

I'd take Cutler, he has a cannon for an arm and has diabetes like Lil Boosie
From what I remember, I think Cassel was on the '04 Pats.
Please Denver don't trade Cutler.
A lot of teams are interested in acquiring Cutler, most recently the Jets. It's hard to see where he might end up, but from what I've seen, he's likely to stay in Denver. That could change quickly though.

Game Over
03-27-2009, 02:29 AM
A lot of teams are interested in acquiring Cutler, most recently the Jets. It's hard to see where he might end up, but from what I've seen, he's likely to stay in Denver. That could change quickly though.

I don't think Cutler is going anywhere, he is too talented for what Denver would get in return for him. Also if Denver gets rid of Cutler, who would be their starting quarterback?

CrazyTrainer
03-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah boy the draft is like three weeks away. I'm hyped. I don't think Jay Cutler is going anywhere.

atucker22
03-29-2009, 05:05 PM
What Detroit really needs is a good offensive line to help protect your QB. If the Lions were smart, they'd draft a good offensive lineman who'd be consistent every Sunday.

Yeah we need that too.

MaskedJackal
03-29-2009, 05:49 PM
It looks like the Lions are having a good offseason. They are addressing all of their needs on defense, and they still have the draft coming up.

I'm not sure who they're going to take first, but Andre Smith seems like a viable option to use their 2nd 1st-round pick on.

CrazyTrainer
03-31-2009, 11:37 PM
Yeah lions got like 9 picks they need to make good use of them.

atucker22
04-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah lions got like 9 picks they need to make good use of them.

I hope they trade some of them for Jay Cutler though, we need a QB that's already proven themselves in the NFL.

pein11
04-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I hope Minnesota gets Jay Cutler, because T-WACK sucks!!

CrazyTrainer
04-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Hey Jay Cutler will not be traded I doubt please no one offering he's definately staying.

atucker22
04-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Hey Jay Cutler will not be traded I doubt please no one offering he's definately staying.

Don't you watch ESPN??? All day the only things they've been talking about are Jay Cutler being up for trade, and that John Calipari is the Kentucky coach.

CrazyTrainer
04-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Yes but , no teams are offering for him they said it even no Jay Cutler wants to be traded he can still stay.

Orthar
04-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Jay Cutler is now a Chicago Bear. Horrible trade for the Bears though:

Broncos: Jay Cutler
Bears: 1st Round Pick ('09) 1st Round Pick('10) 3rd Round Pick ('09) Kyle Orton.

Cutler is not worth that.

CrazyTrainer
04-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Well the bears lost the draft they lost so many picks.

atucker22
04-04-2009, 04:44 AM
Jay Cutler is now a Chicago Bear. Horrible trade for the Bears though:

Broncos: Jay Cutler
Bears: 1st Round Pick ('09) 1st Round Pick('10) 3rd Round Pick ('09) Kyle Orton.

Cutler is not worth that.

Cutler is only worth a draft pick and Orton, but not all that

Dancing Mad
04-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Why are the Broncos such idiots? Wow looks like all of us Broncos fans are going to have to survive a couple more years of mediocrity.

CrazyTrainer
04-06-2009, 03:13 AM
Broncos are not idiots they did whats right.

atucker22
04-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Broncos are not idiots they did whats right.

Yeah coming from the one who was saying that the Broncos won't and shouldn't trade Cutler.

Are you like bipolar?

CrazyTrainer
04-08-2009, 01:55 AM
Yeah coming from the one who was saying that the Broncos won't and shouldn't trade Cutler.

Are you like bipolar?

No buddy I'm not bipolar. And we can make the playoffs with out jay but he is a great QB

MaskedJackal
04-08-2009, 01:31 PM
No buddy I'm not bipolar. And we can make the playoffs with out jay but he is a great QB

You couldn't make the playoffs WITH Cutler, lmao.

Go Ravens

Vaughn
04-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Flacco sucks, in my opinion.

@Lord Lucario: Sorry.

MaskedJackal
04-08-2009, 01:40 PM

Flacco is the only QB to win two, let alone two road playoff games as a rookie. That's how bad he sucks. lmao

atucker22
04-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Flacco is great, whether you hate him or like him, you can't deny that.

Broncos wouldn't have made playoffs this year with Cutler, and won't without him.

Draft is in a couple weeks. Are you ready!?!?!?!?

CrazyTrainer
04-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Jay Cutler the best so stop saying bad stuff about him.

karmachameleon
04-16-2009, 11:38 PM
I've got some really bad news

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/16/john-madden-retires/

John Madden, the guy who always brought a smile to everyone's face and always cut the turducken at Thanksgiving, will not be announcing again.

CrazyTrainer
04-17-2009, 12:55 AM
Yeah I know see ya Madden will miss you.

Game Over
04-17-2009, 02:31 AM
Jay Cutler the best so stop saying bad stuff about him.

I'm not sure fair criticism of his game is saying bad stuff about him, but thats just me.

I think Flacco is a good quarterback, almost underrated, like another qb in the NFL, whose name is Eli Manning. Eli is better than people think, and while he may not set passing records, he wins football games, which IMO makes him a really good qb.

CrazyTrainer
04-17-2009, 09:48 PM
But don't yall miss madden a good men a moment of silence for him guys.

karmachameleon
04-17-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm not sure fair criticism of his game is saying bad stuff about him, but thats just me.

I think Flacco is a good quarterback, almost underrated, like another qb in the NFL, whose name is Eli Manning. Eli is better than people think, and while he may not set passing records, he wins football games, which IMO makes him a really good qb.

Nah, Eli is the most OVERrated QB in the league. At one point, I remember the people on ESPN talking about how they would rather have him than his brother. He was kind of underrated before the SB win.

CrazyTrainer
04-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Who will have the best draft this year guys?

MaskedJackal
04-18-2009, 09:15 PM

No lol. Eli Manning hides behind a good offensive line and an amazing running game. He is overrated. The only reason anyone thinks he is any good is because his jersey says "Manning" on the back.

atucker22
04-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Poor John Madden, I loved to listen to him call games. Eli is VERY overrated. He won the SB because of a high pressure D, not his arm.

CrazyTrainer
04-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Holt might being going to the Jags.

Game Over
04-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Nah, Eli is the most OVERrated QB in the league. At one point, I remember the people on ESPN talking about how they would rather have him than his brother. He was kind of underrated before the SB win.
I never said Eli was better than Payton. IMO Eli is not the most overrated qb in the NFL. I personally think David Garrard is overrated, what has he done for Jacksonville anyways? At least Eli wins football games.
No lol. Eli Manning hides behind a good offensive line and an amazing running game. He is overrated. The only reason anyone thinks he is any good is because his jersey says "Manning" on the back.

Poor John Madden, I loved to listen to him call games. Eli is VERY overrated. He won the SB because of a high pressure D, not his arm.
I have one team and name in response to both of your comments, the 2000 Baltimore Ravens and Trent Dilfer.

Also, just for clarification, I never said Eli was great, only that he is slightly underrated. At least Eli wins football games, which is part of what I consider a good/great qb to do.

karmachameleon
04-20-2009, 12:08 AM
I never said Eli was better than Payton. IMO Eli is not the most overrated qb in the NFL. I personally think David Garrard is overrated, what has he done for Jacksonville anyways? At least Eli wins football games.

I have one team and name in response to both of your comments, the 2000 Baltimore Ravens and Trent Dilfer.

Also, just for clarification, I never said Eli was great, only that he is slightly underrated. At least Eli wins football games, which is part of what I consider a good/great qb to do.

I know you never said Eli was better than Peyton, ESPN was saying that a little bit after the huge road playoff upsets and SB win that the Giants pulled off. The press questioning whether he's better than Peyton shows how overrated he is. I've seen Eli do really good, and I've also seen him singlehandedly lose games well after his rookie year, including two recent games against the Vikings where he threw at least 4 INTs in each of them. He's not an elite QB, but because he won a Super Bowl the media says he's better than he actually is.

Game Over
04-20-2009, 12:18 AM
I know you never said Eli was better than Peyton, ESPN was saying that a little bit after the huge road playoff upsets and SB win that the Giants pulled off. The press questioning whether he's better than Peyton shows how overrated he is. I've seen Eli do really good, and I've also seen him singlehandedly lose games well after his rookie year, including two recent games against the Vikings where he threw at least 4 INTs in each of them. He's not an elite QB, but because he won a Super Bowl the media says he's better than he actually is.

ESPN does have a habit sometimes of getting sucked into the moment. Eli can be good and bad, really depends on the day, but luckily for him, he is showing signs that he is increasing, but I really doubt he will ever be better than Payton from a statistical standpoint, he may pass Payton in wins though.

atucker22
04-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Eli's OK, but not better than Payton, and never will be, end of story.

By the way Draft in 5 days!!!!

Game Over
04-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Eli's OK, but not better than Payton, and never will be, end of story.

By the way Draft in 5 days!!!!

I'm am so psyched for the draft this year, I hope New England works their draft magic again and get another good draft pick. I think New England is going to draft a defensive player from, USC, but I could be wrong.

karmachameleon
04-21-2009, 05:52 AM
Holt might being going to the Jags.

Looks like the Jags did end up signing Holt, for decent money too.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9476418/Jags,-Holt-agree-to-deal
The Jacksonville Jaguars addressed their biggest need Monday night, agreeing to a deal with veteran receiver Torry Holt.The deal is worth $13 million for three years, and can reach $20 million with incentives, the Florida Times-Union reported.

I still think he has a few years left in him, I hope he does really well, he's one of the classiest players in a position known for classness. Nice signing for the Jags, they just got the most consisent WR this decade.

I'm not gonna be able to watch the draft, I hope the Vikings do well. We could use the pick on so many different things that I don't even know where to begin. Wide receiver, cornerback, defensive tackle, offensive tackle, and quarterback are all viable selections.

MaskedJackal
04-22-2009, 04:01 AM
Eli is not underrated. It's impossible to be underrated when the media loves you and talks you up like you're one of the best QBs in the NFL.

atucker22
04-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Eli is not underrated. It's impossible to be underrated when the media loves you and talks you up like you're one of the best QBs in the NFL.

true that. Just like it's impossible for Tom Brady, Payton, and Tony Romo to be underrated.

CrazyTrainer
04-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Holt is on Jags. Alrigh lets talk draft who has the best and most picks.

MaskedJackal
04-22-2009, 10:40 PM
true that. Just like it's impossible for Tom Brady, Payton, and Tony Romo to be underrated.

Yeah, but unlike Eli, those QBs possess top-notch skills and deserve to be hailed as the greatest quarterbacks of today.

CrazyTrainer
04-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Alright lets talk about the draft guys.

Game Over
04-25-2009, 01:01 AM
I sure hope Detroit doesn't draft Matt Stafford, no offense to him as a qb or an NFL player, but I just don't believe he is the only thing the team needs to get better. I think Detroit should draft Jason Smith or (my favorite player in this years draft) Aaron Curry, but thats just me, what do you guys think?

atucker22
04-25-2009, 12:05 PM
I sure hope Detroit doesn't draft Matt Stafford, no offense to him as a qb or an NFL player, but I just don't believe he is the only thing the team needs to get better. I think Detroit should draft Jason Smith or (my favorite player in this years draft) Aaron Curry, but thats just me, what do you guys think?

I had been thinking the same thing, (to avoid another harrington) and yes his name doesn't even deserve to be capitalized, but I then started doing research and Stafford had great stats last year, and Curry had about the same stats as a guy you could get at #20 (and the Lions have a pick then).

CrazyTrainer
04-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Detroit rather just get Matt Stafford they signed him.

Game Over
04-26-2009, 04:15 AM
I had been thinking the same thing, (to avoid another harrington) and yes his name doesn't even deserve to be capitalized, but I then started doing research and Stafford had great stats last year, and Curry had about the same stats as a guy you could get at #20 (and the Lions have a pick then).

Another thing to remember when comparing stats though, is the level of skill around the players on their team. Matthew Stafford had much more talent around him, then Aaron Curry did at Wake Forest. I understand paying your first overall pick a lot of money, but Matthew Stafford is making more guaranteed money then any other player in the NFL, which I personally believe is sad. Stafford has done absolutly nothing in the NFL yet, and he is making more money then players like Tom Brady or Payton Manning who have basicly achieved everything in an NFL career that you could possibly achieve.

CrazyTrainer
04-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Jets are starting the second day.

Game Over
04-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Who does pe2k think was the best/worst first round draft pick? I think the best pick was Michael Crabtree to San Francisco, and the worst was Darrius Heyward-Bay going to the raidiers.

MaskedJackal
04-28-2009, 03:17 AM
Who does pe2k think was the best/worst first round draft pick? I think the best pick was Michael Crabtree to San Francisco, and the worst was Darrius Heyward-Bay going to the raidiers.

Nah, the worst pick was the Raiders' 2nd round pick, where they took the player that wasn't even supposed to be drafted. LOL

Black Hawk
04-28-2009, 03:26 AM
IDK bout you guys and you're teams but I''m very satisfied with the Colts' draft, especially their first two picks. As for best and worst of the first round, I'll say the worst is the Bucs taking Freeman (until Morris proves otherwise that he is as good as he says he is) and the best pick would have to be the Redskins stealing Orakpo at 13.

Clutch
04-28-2009, 04:25 AM
I'm really happy that Snyder wasn't stupid enough to move up in the draft to get Sanchez. Wouldn't have been worth it, we're perfectly fine with Campbell.

Speaking of Sanchez, what's with all the hype? He's good, yeah, but he's only played in 16 games. He was on the bench for two years. I'm not sure if he should of made the jump to the NFL this soon.

karmachameleon
04-28-2009, 12:33 PM

I'm gonna have to agree with you. I don't know too much about the picks because I don't follow college football but Crabtree is coming out as a sophomore that won the NCAA best WR award both years he was eligible. The Raiders needed a WR to go with Russell, but chose the guy who has the biggest potential over the guy that has a proven track record. The Raiders could have still traded down and gotten DHB. San Francisco must be ecstatic, they might have the next Calvin Johnson.

I have mixed feelings about the Vikings picks. Phil Loadholt is a giant offensive tackle who is probably better than than our current right tackle, but the zone blocking scheme that Childress uses calls for a smaller, more agile tackle. He will probably excel in run blocking which we are already do good in and have problems with pass blocking, something we have problems with. I don't know much about Percy Harvin but I've heard he's gonna so either really good or really bad.

atucker22
04-29-2009, 09:59 PM
A good pick was the Bengals taking Morgan Trent in the 6th pick of the 6th round. He started 4 years at Michigan, back when they were good. I thought he'd go in the late 4th, early fifth.

CrazyTrainer
04-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Teams that had the best draft give me your top ten list.

atucker22
05-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Big news guys. Brett Favre is talking to Brad Childress about coming back again.

CrazyTrainer
05-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Not this Brett Farve crap again.

atucker22
05-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Yup, it's happening again, and we'd better learn to like it, cause at this rate It'll happen every year until he dies.

CrazyTrainer
05-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Ha ha your right so you guys think lion will make playoff. Kevin Smith HB said that

Black Hawk
05-09-2009, 08:32 PM
It's been confirmed that Favre and Childress never talked, just his agent to Childress to say he wasn't interested.

So, you were wrong and it's not big news. gg

Haze
05-09-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with you. I don't know too much about the picks because I don't follow college football but Crabtree is coming out as a sophomore that won the NCAA best WR award both years he was eligible. The Raiders needed a WR to go with Russell, but chose the guy who has the biggest potential over the guy that has a proven track record. The Raiders could have still traded down and gotten DHB. San Francisco must be ecstatic, they might have the next Calvin Johnson.
Heyward-Bay doesn't have the most potential. I've seen him play in person before and really, Maclin/Crabtree would have been a much better pick. Maclin probably has the most potential because of his natural speed and kick return ability.

Hakeem Nicks late first round was a great grab by the Giants imo. He's basically a Plaxico Burress but younger. He probably could have gone higher if UNC actually had a decent QB to throw to him. ...lol

AshMistyMayfan
05-09-2009, 08:45 PM
The 49ers got a D minus (NFL NEtwork and Balldinger) also said D grade. I like thE Crabtree pick, but the others are wasted space: Don't nee a #4 RB, don't need a #4 QB, don't need a TE. And why are we drafting from nobody colleges like Fresno State? Fresno hasn't done jack in years. Once again, the 49ers did not fix their defense, why do they keep ignoring the need to get a pass rusher? Trading the 2 picks also soured me.

atucker22
05-10-2009, 11:57 AM
The 49ers got a D minus (NFL NEtwork and Balldinger) also said D grade. I like thE Crabtree pick, but the others are wasted space: Don't nee a #4 RB, don't need a #4 QB, don't need a TE. And why are we drafting from nobody colleges like Fresno State? Fresno hasn't done jack in years. Once again, the 49ers did not fix their defense, why do they keep ignoring the need to get a pass rusher? Trading the 2 picks also soured me.

Actually Fresno state went to a pretty good bowl game last year, and had probably the best team they ever had.

It's been confirmed that Favre and Childress never talked, just his agent to Childress to say he wasn't interested.

So, you were wrong and it's not big news. gg

I don't know where you got your info, but for the past three or four days on ESPN they've been talking about it. Also, Brett sent X-Rays of his shoulder to Childress, standard procedure if you are going to be signed as a free agent.

karmachameleon
05-10-2009, 09:26 PM
I am going to be a temporary Browns fan if Favre goes to the Vikes. Ever since I became a football fan, back when I was 5, Favre has been the face of the Packers. Now I'm supposed to forget all of that and cheer for him.

Logically thinking, he's still not a good option. He probably going to ask for around $12 million and we would have to cut John David Booty. His reputation as a gunslinger under pressure isn't that good either, we already have that in future MVP Tarvaris Jackson.

Favre's last pass as a Packer, in the NFC Championship against the Giants. Three people open, ends up winning the game for New York with an INT.
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9761/favreslaststand.jpg

CrazyTrainer
05-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Your right thats just like when he had thrown that INT with the jets that was his last play as a jet and he threw the ball to high there's the pick.

Black Hawk
05-11-2009, 02:50 AM
Actually Fresno state went to a pretty good bowl game last year, and had probably the best team they ever had.

I don't know where you got your info, but for the past three or four days on ESPN they've been talking about it. Also, Brett sent X-Rays of his shoulder to Childress, standard procedure if you are going to be signed as a free agent.

I get my info on MSN.com, ESPN.com, and Foxsports.com

MaskedJackal
05-11-2009, 02:55 AM
And why are we drafting from nobody colleges like Fresno State?

Fresno State was a solid mid-major team. Plus, NFL talent can be found on small teams like that. For example, Jamal Lewis went to like, Middle Tennessee State or something.

CrazyTrainer
05-11-2009, 03:06 AM
Alright back to the NFL so which team will be most improve guys.

atucker22
05-13-2009, 08:45 PM
I get my info on MSN.com, ESPN.com, and Foxsports.com

You read false info, buddy. Farve is going to the Vikes. Ask anyone who watches ESPN.

CrazyTrainer
05-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Who had the best offseason this year guys.

atucker22
05-15-2009, 08:34 PM
the Patriots had a great draft, if that's what you mean

CrazyTrainer
05-22-2009, 09:26 PM
The broncos had a good draft too.

Vaughn
05-22-2009, 09:31 PM
The Raiders had a s suckish draft.
Al Davis wanted speed, so they got Darrius Heyward-Bey, who is an inconsistent reciever who doesn’t show a lot of toughness going across the middle and has a tendency to drop the ball.

scubasteveE
05-23-2009, 02:58 AM
Yeah I feel for raider fans.........

My dolphins had an ok draft. Filled in a lot spots. I personally think the eagles had the best.

I want to hear everyone's views on M. Vick getting out of jail, so...........

atucker22
05-23-2009, 12:16 PM
I think when he returns he will be not liked across the country, but he will win us all back with some excellent play.

scubasteveE
05-31-2009, 05:53 AM
I think when he returns he will be not liked across the country, but he will win us all back with some excellent play.
Yeah, one acronym: PETA.
I do agree, when he gets back on the field, everyone will eventually forgive him, especially whatever team he goes to.

atucker22
05-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Yeah, one acronym: PETA.
I do agree, when he gets back on the field, everyone will eventually forgive him, especially whatever team he goes to.

PETA is total garbage and should not meddle in the affairs of football. Another thing PETA could mean is People Eating Tasty Animals, so bad choice of acronym

CrazyTrainer
05-31-2009, 07:24 PM
Whats up with Brandon Marshall he's crazy.

scubasteveE
06-01-2009, 02:04 AM
PETA is total garbage and should not meddle in the affairs of football. Another thing PETA could mean is People Eating Tasty Animals, so bad choice of acronym
But you know they will.
Whats up with Brandon Marshall he's crazy.
Idk about that one. She could be making it up.

CrazyTrainer
06-03-2009, 02:25 AM
I don't no man its crazy