PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Chat Thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Orthar
08-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Yes football fans that time of the year is back here once again. In this thread you can chat about upcoming games, your predictions, scores, pretty much anything NFL related. Have fun.

AshMistyMayfan
08-11-2007, 07:39 AM
I hope the SF 49ers finally win some games. I'm tired of the obvious play New Orleans and lose to them. I hope in beating Seattle/St. Louis that both teams are healthy, I don't like unsatisfactory wins where opposing fans whine that this player or that player got hurt and would've made a difference, or the ref cheated in some way! I hate playing the AFC North this year, Bengals have had our number, the Ravens have a mean defense, Browns and Steelers are on the road. ANd don't get me started on Prime Time, I've boycotted MNF until they put it on a better network, the yahoos on ESPN are JOKERS! And NFL Network is terrible with Gumbel calling plays.

AshMistyMayfan
08-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Same old 49ers. Well, the offense does seem improved, but the defense is still FLAT! No excuse to lose to Denver like that. Looks like a 6 and 10 season if they lose obvious games like that.

THe exhibition matchups:
Denver, tough opp.
Raiders, should be an easy opp.
San Diego, tough opp.
I think we get Chicago, not sure.

1-3=6 and 10 or 7 wins. Coaches should just coach an exhibition like a real NFL game, these calls are a JOKE!

Dandre
08-14-2007, 08:18 AM
all i got to say is that we goin to the superbowl baby eages blood

MustangGT
08-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Heres my predictions for my teams

Detroit Lions: 5-11 but keeping games close
Denver Broncos: 13-3 baby! AFC West Champions yet again. Go Cutler!
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Unsure here, My guess is 8-8, maybe 9-7.

AshMistyMayfan
08-15-2007, 01:46 AM
I'd like to say the 49ers are going to the playoffs, but I think our defense is still pathetic if they can't stop a QB or the RB. Eagles look great, only if McNabb don't get hurt again. Maybe letting Garcia go was a HUGE mistake on the Eagles part.

Orthar
08-15-2007, 11:51 AM
I'd like to say the 49ers are going to the playoffs, but I think our defense is still pathetic if they can't stop a QB or the RB. Eagles look great, only if McNabb don't get hurt again. Maybe letting Garcia go was a HUGE mistake on the Eagles part.
49ers don't really even have a QB. Alex Smith isn't well rounded yet. Honestly the only reason you got the record you had last year was because of Frank Gore.

Though, I expect Cowboys to make the playoffs. Even maybe win our division depending on how some other things work out. Dallas has the hardest schedule in the NFC East if you look at it from the standings last year but that old news. It's a new year with new players. Expect to see Romo and the Dallas Offense grow even more this year, and Ware and the defense become unstoppable.

Clutch
08-15-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm not so sure about Washington this year. In our preseason opener at Tennessee, our defense looked great the majority of the time. Our secondary could be better, but it's improved greatly. LaRon Landry was a definite score in the Draft, seeing as he did very well for his first game. Problem was, I really didn't see too much of Sean Taylor, or Fred Smoot for that matter. Maybe they're saving their real potential for the Season, I don't know. But moving on to Offense. Jason Campbell looked great. Ignore the stats, 6-14, 107 yards or so. He looked much more calm in the pocket, and took his time to make the right decisions. The incomplete passes were the recievers' faults, because Randel El ran a wrong route, and he dropped a pass. But, moving on. The running game was absolutley attrocious. The O-line could not block whatsoever. Well, actually, only the tackles couldn't, the Guards were fine, along with our Center, who's always been the under appreciated player on our O-line. The Tackles are a real problem, though, seeing as Jansen missed two blocks, and our second string #74, who's name I forget at the moment, missed the majority of his blocks, getting Campbell sacked twice, which once caused a fumble.

But I'm sure we'll improve.

lucky5511
08-19-2007, 11:05 PM
My superbowl prediction is Denver-Dallas.

About the 49ers: remember its only pre season.. And denver is a tough team.

Does anybody want to join my fantasy football league?

AshMistyMayfan
08-22-2007, 07:57 AM
49ers beat the Raiders, but the defense is still not quite there.
J Russel STILL holding out on Oakland.:crackup: ANd the mongul local Glenn Dickey is telling Al Davis to stick to his guns, even though the NFL is CLEARLY snickering at the Raiders for the latest goof. I think Russell's agent might tell his client to sit out this year, let Oakland come to him. Maybe the Raiders will wind up getting so ticked off, they'll trade him. After all, Eli Manning whined about San Diego so much, they dumped him to New York Giants.

P Willis, the new 11th round pick LB, named starter!:happy:
B Moore, on the bench. That's the way I like it, the schlub didn't have it and it showed.
D Smith and Ulbrich, backups.
I'm starting to roll with Nolan.
And if Alex Smith prefers the OC to be on the field giving him play by plays, keep him on the field. Don't put him in a booth.
49ers don't really even have a QB. Alex Smith isn't well rounded yet. Honestly the only reason you got the record you had last year was because of Frank Gore.

Some of our wins last year came against an injured Rams team, rusty Seattle team (and the rule factor that states go to the Superbowl in today's NFL, wind up with a crappy record a year later), a quitter Denver team that didn't want to go to the playoffs, a losing Vikings team, an inept Lions team...injured and inept teams don't count for a good season. Plus last year, Alex Smith had NOBODY to throw the ball to. this year, we got D Jackson, Lelie, Battle, and some other decent contenders I'm still analyzing. Maybe Smith might be like P Manning and throw the ball around to different people. That's why it's important to have targets for Smith for Gore is going to have problems this year because I feel teams will stack 8 in the box a lot. That's why it's important for Smith to pass and open up the field, then we can ram Gore in there.

This year, good wins are:
Cincinnati, for the 2 beatings they gave the 49ers last 8 years
Baltimore, for the defense that gives us problems
Pitt and Cle. for they are road games, huge road games, and where we struggle on the road in bad cold environments
New ORleans, for the beatings
Carolina, for owning us
New York Giants, on the road and beating back rukus crowd
Arizona, for going 0 and 4 against them

Orthar
08-22-2007, 11:53 AM
You keep telling yourself that. :P

Raiders have Daunte Culpepper, so no one cares about Russel atm.

And I still see the 49ers as an 8-8 team at best. The tools are their but they need some fixing.

AshMistyMayfan
08-26-2007, 07:35 AM
Ugh lost by 3 lousy points to the Chicago Bears...3 lousy points to the pathetic Rex Grossman, and another crappy 1 and 3 performance in exhibition for the 49ers. Last time we went 1 and 3, wound up 7 and 9. This is not boding well since we got Cle/Pitt on the road, Cin/Bal at home, Car/NO/Atl/TB/NYG/and Minn on the schedule. Add in the crap NFC West, going to be another long season for the 49ers. I just don't know what it is that keeps holding us back from contention.

Chargers is a loss because we won't be playing our starters due to the so called jinx injury factor, but it don't matter either way. 1 and 3 again!:sad:

Todd6
08-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Go seahawks hope they do better this year.

TheEvilDookie
09-07-2007, 02:58 AM
Woot, this seasons opener: Colts vs Saints

Go Colts :O

Players from both teams arent really giving me many points on my fantasy game either xD

Linoone
09-07-2007, 03:04 AM
Woot, this seasons opener: Colts vs Saints

Go Colts :O

Players from both teams arent really giving me many points on my fantasy game either xD

Go Saints. I don't do fantasy.

Stubby Boardman
09-07-2007, 10:32 PM
I believe that the Steelers will make the playoffs this year. I was looking at their schedule a few weeks back and said wow they can really pull it off there schedule isnt that hard. I figured they'd go 12-4.

Linoone
09-07-2007, 10:34 PM
I believe that the Steelers will make the playoffs this year. I was looking at their schedule a few weeks back and said wow they can really pull it off there schedule isnt that hard. I figured they'd go 12-4.

They might. I want the Cardinals to do better since they got the Steelers old coach. There game is on monday right?

Stubby Boardman
09-07-2007, 10:36 PM
They might. I want the Cardinals to do better since they got the Steelers old coach. There game is on monday right?

It could be. But its about time that Arizona be good though.

Linoone
09-07-2007, 10:39 PM
It could be. But its about time that Arizona be good though.

Yep, who are your favorite teams?

Stubby Boardman
09-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Yep, who are your favorite teams?

Pittsburgh and Green Bay urs

Sasuke94
09-07-2007, 11:19 PM
I Really Hope the Dolphins do good this year, but i dont know with the unsteady QB's.Trent Green Needs 1 more hit and hes don!Hopefully a 8-8 Season!

Llama Commando
09-08-2007, 04:06 AM
Unfortunately, my hometown teams are the Cardinals and Lions. Oh well, they'll have better seasons this year.

karmachameleon
09-08-2007, 04:17 AM
I don't think the Vikings are going to be any good this year, even with Adrian Peterson. They just need to get John David Booty in the upcoming draft.

My Super Bowl prediction is probably the Browns.

Stubby Boardman
09-09-2007, 01:17 AM
I don't think the Vikings are going to be any good this year, even with Adrian Peterson. They just need to get John David Booty in the upcoming draft.

My Super Bowl prediction is probably the Browns.

browns no way the steelers will cream them no way theyll get past the steelers

EmBreon
09-09-2007, 02:21 AM
Unfortunately, my hometown teams are the Cardinals and Lions. Oh well, they'll have better seasons this year.

The Lions are going nowhere fast. Apart from the Raiders, the Lions had the worst records last year. Ernie Sims has some potential, but the team doesn't have any strong qualities as a whole. Marinelli supposedly made some changes with his tactics this year, but I guess we'll see what happens with the Raiders on Sunday. The Lions have no where to go but up I guess.

Ulazlo
09-09-2007, 02:28 AM
man, the chargers had better do well this year. it's no good if you get the best record and then lose in the second round of the playoffs. they have the players, they just screwed up last year.

my high school team is also named the chargers so San Diego is my main team, but they really need to do well this season.

karmachameleon
09-09-2007, 02:55 AM
The Lions actually have really good potential with their wide receivers, but their qb is John Kitna....

Charbok
09-09-2007, 03:31 AM
Browns are going to win it all.

Superbowl: Browns vs. Broncos

AshMistyMayfan
09-11-2007, 08:46 AM
All right, my 49ers won on MNF! We finally beat the cardinals! Only wish it was Kurt Warner we beat though.:sad: Cardinals let the game get away and the 49ers were horrible on offense. We seriously need to burn the play book, those were the worse calls except for a high school football game! Smith should've thrown more down the field, and Nolan should know teams are going to adapt to stop Gore. But of course, with Tomlinson having a bad game also, perhaps sitting out star RBs does make them look rusty in game 1.

Clutch
09-21-2007, 01:21 AM
dunnanananananananaananananahhhh~
it's time for...
Patrick's NFL Week 3 Predictions!
Buffalo Bills @ New England: New England Patriots
San Fransisco @ Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh Steelers
Miami @ New York: NY Jets
Detroit @ Philadelphia: Detroit Lions
Minnesota @ Kansas City: Minnesota Vikings
Arizona @ Baltimore: Arizona Cardinals
San Diego @ Green Bay Green Bay Packers
Indianapolis @ Houston: Indianapolis Colts
St. Louis @ Tampa Bay: Tampa Bay Buccanners
Jacksonville @ Denver: Denver Broncos
Cleveland @ Oakland: Celveland Browns
Cincinatti @ Seattle: Cincinatti Bengals
Carolina @ Atlanta: Carolina Panthers
New York @ Washington: Washington Redskins
Dallas @ Chicago: Dallas Cowboys
Tennessee @ New Orleans: Tennessee Titans

I'm kinda rusty. Haven't done this since last season.

Sixto
09-21-2007, 03:52 AM
So far so good for the Houston Texans.

Pat, change that please. =P

thunder93
09-21-2007, 04:00 AM
Not good for me my miami dolphins losin more and more trent green sucks

Charbok
09-21-2007, 04:24 AM
SuperBowl:
Browns vs. Broncos
Browns are gonna win.

Orthar
09-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Cowboys look great this year, and with the addition of Tank Johnson I think we could get even better. 2-0 is a pretty good start, and I am confident in a win this weekend.

Clutch
09-22-2007, 03:41 AM
So far so good for the Houston Texans.

Pat, change that please. =P
I really wanted to choose Houston, but I had to go with Indy. As much potential I see on Houston, it's hard to say they'll lose; but this weekend, I think they will. Andre Johnson's out, Schaub's favorite go-to Wideout, and Indy's defense's going to shut down the run. Sorry Mario, maybe next week. :silly:
SuperBowl:
Browns vs. Broncos
Browns are gonna win.
No, and no.

First off, both are from the AFC. Second, Cleveland will be lucky if they can even snag a Wild Card. Look at their division. Steelers, Bengals, and Ravens. Yeah, good luck.

Broncos will make the playoffs, but they won't get far. Typical postseason with Denver.
Cowboys look great this year, and with the addition of Tank Johnson I think we could get even better. 2-0 is a pretty good start, and I am confident in a win this weekend.
Heh, just keep him out of trouble. :wink:

karmachameleon
09-22-2007, 05:15 AM
New England is SO GOOD this year, mainly because of Randy Moss. I actually think they could go 16-0 this year. I see them and the Browns in the AFC Championship, even though the Browns lost Charlie Frye.

The NFC is a bit cloudy this year. The Bears had a lot of luck with them last season and I don't know if they can replicate that this year. I don't really see them making it far in the playoffs, but I see them making it. I really like the Lions, and I think they have a serious chance of making the playoffs. I think the NFC Championship will be Dallas v. Seattle.

AshMistyMayfan
09-22-2007, 06:40 AM
Bad news for the 49ers, Manny Lawson tore his ACL....IN PRACTICE! I swear, that NexTurf or artificial turf needs to be banned in the NFL, all it does is tear knees. The artificial turf I see at the high schools now, some kid is going to tear his knee out. I hope this isn't going to wreck the 49ers' season, finally get some hope and all it takes is one wheel to fall off our team! Our Secondary is really going to be challenged now!:sad:

Orthar
09-22-2007, 02:25 PM
New England is SO GOOD this year, mainly because of Randy Moss. I actually think they could go 16-0 this year. I see them and the Browns in the AFC Championship, even though the Browns lost Charlie Frye.

The NFC is a bit cloudy this year. The Bears had a lot of luck with them last season and I don't know if they can replicate that this year. I don't really see them making it far in the playoffs, but I see them making it. I really like the Lions, and I think they have a serious chance of making the playoffs. I think the NFC Championship will be Dallas v. Seattle.
New England is good because of Shady Brady and Bill Bellicheat. =]

Stubby Boardman
09-22-2007, 02:34 PM
both the steelers and the packers started 2-0. those are my two favorite teams and looks like they both can make a super bowl run

Clutch
09-22-2007, 05:23 PM

New England is good this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did go 16-0, even though that is highly unlikely. A couple of years ago, we thought the Colts would go 16-0. They lost the last two games of the season. :tongue:

Why does everyone like the Browns this year? Just because they got lucky in one game, doesn't mean they're a contender in the AFC. And, just so you know, Anderson's not going to throw for 5 TD's in one game ever again, so don't get your hopes up. :wink:

And, Seattle? No, they're not going to do so well. Look at their division. San Fransisco and Arizona. Those two are gonna' be pretty tough to beat down the road.

But, I'll agree with you on the Cowboys. As much as I hate to sy it, being a Redskins fan, I honestly think they're the team to beat in the NFC East, even in the entire NFC Conference.

Charbok
09-22-2007, 06:56 PM
No, and no.

First off, both are from the AFC. Second, Cleveland will be lucky if they can even snag a Wild Card. Look at their division. Steelers, Bengals, and Ravens. Yeah, good luck.

Broncos will make the playoffs, but they won't get far. Typical postseason with Denver.

Nope.
Broncos have Jason Elam, who is by far the best kicker and quarterback in the league.
Browns are just amazing, and they always have been.

They'll pay the refs $20 so they can both play in the Superbowl.

karmachameleon
09-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Nope.
Broncos have Jason Elam, who is by far the best kicker and quarterback in the league.

I have to argue with that statement. Charlie Frye is a better QB than Elam.

But I agree with everything else. :happy:

Charbok
09-22-2007, 07:05 PM

Yea, I guess you're right.
And Jeff George, Randall Cunningham, John Kitna, and maybe Tyler Thigpen.

Clutch
09-22-2007, 07:17 PM
Nope.

Jason Elam's a great kicker, but I wouldn't say the best. Same goes for Cutler. I think he'll have a breakout season this year.

And, no. :tongue:

...Charlie Frye? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH.

And, Elam's not a QB.
Yea, I guess you're right.
And Jeff George, Randall Cunningham, John Kitna, and maybe Tyler Thigpen.
Hardy-har-har-har.

Orthar
09-22-2007, 10:38 PM
Nope.

I honest to god hope that you are kidding about Elam being a QB. Frye I thought had potential. Romo beats both of them though. =]

Charbok
09-23-2007, 03:43 PM
I honest to god hope that you are kidding about Elam being a QB. Frye I thought had potential. Romo beats both of them though. =]

Seriously, Elam and Frye are 2 of the best QB's ever.

AshMistyMayfan
09-24-2007, 08:03 AM
What a terrible game the 49ers had. I almost threw my TV out the window. When are they going to use a 4 WR set? You get WRs in D Jackson, A Battle, Lelie, T Jacobs, Jason Hill, and you can't set a 4 WR set with that combination? If V Davis can't go next week, I strongly urge a 4 WR set.

I want better things out of Alex Smith, I say AGAIN because 209 yards passing is chicken feed! I expect D Jack to have 11 receptions vs. Seattle next week or I'm chanting for Dilfer like the Raider fools were crying for Daunte Culpepper.

And can't the stupid DLine ever rush the QB? I'm sick of the 3-4 where it only seems the LBs are doing their job. Next year's draft: Get more DLine!

4 years to get a rematch. The officiating was also BS in the game...which is typical. I want bad officiating to be FIRED at game's end.:sad:

Orthar
09-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Dallas destroys the Bears. 3-0. =]

karmachameleon
09-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Here's my prediction for every game:

Houston at Atlanta- Houston wins easily, because the Falcons have Senor Harrington at QB. 34-10 Houston

NYJets at Buffalo- Buffalo is really bad, so its an easy one for the Jets. 28-7 Jets

Baltimore at Cleveland- Well Baltimore does have one of the best defenses, and Cleveland did just lose Charlie Frye, but I see no way for the Ravens to win against one of the best teams ever. 17-3 Cleveland

St. Louis at Dallas- Dallas' defense can hold off the underachieving Rams offense for one more week. 31-17 Dallas

Chicago at Detroit- I'm actually taking Detroit, because the Lions have one of the best passing offenses with Williams, Johnson, and Furrey at WR against a defense that has had a lot of injuries. Kitna will throw 4 TDs. 38-31 Detroit

Oakland at Miami- Two terrible teams. Miami has the advantage because Daunte Culpepper isn't their quarterback. 24-10 Miami

Green Bay at Minnesota- Great rivalry, every year is a close game. While the Vikings will stop the run easily, Favre will be extra good today to break the TD record. 24-23 Green Bay

Tampa Bay at Carolina- Tampa Bay is actually looking to have one of the best defenses this year, but it will be tough to stop Steve Smith. 28-24 Carolina

Seattle at San Francisco- This will be a close game. I'll pick Seattle, since Alex Smith and Frank Gore haven't been that good as of late, and they'll be up against a really good secondary. 21-17 Seattle

Pittsburgh at Arizona- Even though the Steelers have had a great start, I don;t think they will stop Larry Fitzgerald and the rest of Denny Green's former team. 14-10 Arizona

Denver at Indianapolis- Jason Elam throws 5 TDs. 51-10 Denver

Kansas City at San Diego- San Diego has been really bad so far, and I think Larry Johnson will have a breakout game. Plus, they share the same city as the Royals. 20-14 Kansas City

Philadelphia at NYGiants- Philadelphia wins easily, thanks to Kevin Curtis, Westbrook, and Eli Manning being really bad. [B]27-17 Philadelphia

New England at Cincinnati- The best passing offense against the worst passing defense. You would have to be stupid to not know the outcome of this one. 47-3 New England

Orthar
09-29-2007, 07:11 PM

I honestly hope that you know Jason Elam isn't a QB.

karmachameleon
09-30-2007, 04:43 PM
I honestly hope that you know Jason Elam isn't a QB.

I know he's not the Broncos' starting QB, but if he was, he'd be one of the greatest ever to play.

Llama Commando
10-01-2007, 02:39 AM
Here's my prediction for every game:

Houston at Atlanta- Houston wins easily, because the Falcons have Senor Harrington at QB. 34-10 Houston

NYJets at Buffalo- Buffalo is really bad, so its an easy one for the Jets. 28-7 Jets

Baltimore at Cleveland- Well Baltimore does have one of the best defenses, and Cleveland did just lose Charlie Frye, but I see no way for the Ravens to win against one of the best teams ever. 17-3 Cleveland

St. Louis at Dallas- Dallas' defense can hold off the underachieving Rams offense for one more week. 31-17 Dallas

Chicago at Detroit- I'm actually taking Detroit, because the Lions have one of the best passing offenses with Williams, Johnson, and Furrey at WR against a defense that has had a lot of injuries. Kitna will throw 4 TDs. 38-31 Detroit

Oakland at Miami- Two terrible teams. Miami has the advantage because Daunte Culpepper isn't their quarterback. 24-10 Miami

Green Bay at Minnesota- Great rivalry, every year is a close game. While the Vikings will stop the run easily, Favre will be extra good today to break the TD record. 24-23 Green Bay

Tampa Bay at Carolina- Tampa Bay is actually looking to have one of the best defenses this year, but it will be tough to stop Steve Smith. 28-24 Carolina

Seattle at San Francisco- This will be a close game. I'll pick Seattle, since Alex Smith and Frank Gore haven't been that good as of late, and they'll be up against a really good secondary. 21-17 Seattle

Pittsburgh at Arizona- Even though the Steelers have had a great start, I don;t think they will stop Larry Fitzgerald and the rest of Denny Green's former team. 14-10 Arizona

Kansas City at San Diego- San Diego has been really bad so far, and I think Larry Johnson will have a breakout game. Plus, they share the same city as the Royals. 20-14 Kansas City

Philadelphia at NYGiants- Philadelphia wins easily, thanks to Kevin Curtis, Westbrook, and Eli Manning being really bad. [B]27-17 Philadelphia

New England at Cincinnati- The best passing offense against the worst passing defense. You would have to be stupid to not know the outcome of this one. 47-3 New England
Wow, you totally messed all of that up. Denver beating Indi 51-10!? Wow, just wow.

Orthar
10-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Dallas Cowboys:4-0

Just keep on rollin'.

And Jason Elam isn't even on the QB depth chart. He's a place kicker.

karmachameleon
10-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Wow, you totally messed all of that up. Denver beating Indi 51-10!? Wow, just wow.

Yeah, my predictions didn't go so well...

Since Jason Elam wasn't the qb like he should have been, the Broncos lost. I think Shanahan will learn his lesson and start Elam over Cutler next week, even though Cutler is a good young qb who has a lot of potential.

Did anyone see the fake punt run the Packers used against the Vikings?

Clutch
10-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Jesus Christ...

I swear to God, more than half of this thread is surrounded by idiots. I, Mario, Zach, and Eric are the only ones who should even be discussing in this thread, at all. If you want to post something, make it logical, and don't tell me "lol jason elam best qb ever play da game". Just don't. Please, don't embarrass yourself. Even if you're doing it to sound stupid on purpose, don't. It's just getting annoying. :|

Anyone gonna' watch New England @ Cincinnati tonight? I'm going to take the Patriots in this one, but I'm a little iffy choosing them this week. Why? Because I think the Bengals have to step it up in this one. They lost to the Browns, who are on a roll lately, and the week before the lost to Seattle, who I wouldn't say is even a good team. But the Pats are just too good, ya' have to admit it. And don't come up to me and say: "but dood dey cheat with haxxorz skillz!"

Oh, and Karmachemeleon, just stop. Denver didn't even come close to beating the Colts. What is up with THAT score?! And, the Patriots aren't going to hold the Bengals to 3 points, and they're not going to score that much. :/

Orthar
10-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Jesus Christ...

I swear to God, more than half of this thread is surrounded by idiots. I, Mario, Zach, and Eric are the only ones who should even be discussing in this thread, at all. If you want to post something, make it logical, and don't tell me "lol jason elam best qb ever play da game". Just don't. Please, don't embarrass yourself. Even if you're doing it to sound stupid on purpose, don't. It's just getting annoying. :|

Anyone gonna' watch New England @ Cincinnati tonight? I'm going to take the Patriots in this one, but I'm a little iffy choosing them this week. Why? Because I think the Bengals have to step it up in this one. They lost to the Browns, who are on a roll lately, and the week before the lost to Seattle, who I wouldn't say is even a good team. But the Pats are just too good, ya' have to admit it. And don't come up to me and say: "but dood dey cheat with haxxorz skillz!"

Oh, and Karmachemeleon, just stop. Denver didn't even come close to beating the Colts. What is up with THAT score?! And, the Patriots aren't going to hold the Bengals to 3 points, and they're not going to score that much. :/
I watched a little of the game, but I was too into playing GH Encore Rock the 80s. I don't know what's wrong with the Bengals this year...they have turned into the Bengals of old.

MaskedJackal
10-03-2007, 11:54 AM
What is all this talk about Jason Elam? He's a kicker, not a QB. Am I not getting the joke, or are you guys serious?

Clutch
10-06-2007, 04:00 AM
What is all this talk about Jason Elam? He's a kicker, not a QB. Am I not getting the joke, or are you guys serious?

No, they're being morons, attempting at making a joke. I'm getting sick of it.

SO. There's talk of the Patriots going 16-0. Could it actually happen? Or are they just going with the hype, and going a bit overboard? I honestly don't think they could. They'll get a good record, for sure, but 16-0's just too unrealistic at the moment, considering the season is just getting underway.

AshMistyMayfan
10-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Jeez, can't the 49ers ever have a real exhibition camp? They're about to do the same crap they did last year---key injuries, lose games, lose hope for area, 55,000 in games that should be blacked out, and kiss off a move to Santa Clara goodbye and call for Nolan to be fired.

What a week for the 49ers and on my vacation too!
Lost Alex Smith, lost V Davis, Bajama has a sprained ankle, Jonas Jennings may not want to be a 49er anymore for God knows why and he was on a losing Bills franchise, cut T Jacobs, brought back where's Gillmore that can't catch either, continue not to play Lelie or have 4 WR set ups, brought back Patrick Estes, about to start Snyder for Jennings, starting the rusty gate in T DIlfer, and so with only one TE playing and possibly slotting Baas as TE 2, another dismal game coming up to the Ravens.:sad::sad:

And we don't have a first round pick for 2008 for we were stupid enough to gamble that to get a defense!:dazed: Looks like either Nolan goes or he has to fire a lot of offensive coaching.

karmachameleon
10-06-2007, 09:08 PM
No, they're being morons, attempting at making a joke. I'm getting sick of it.

SO. There's talk of the Patriots going 16-0. Could it actually happen? Or are they just going with the hype, and going a bit overboard? I honestly don't think they could. They'll get a good record, for sure, but 16-0's just too unrealistic at the moment, considering the season is just getting underway.

Are you calling me a moron? Look at some footage first before saying Elam isn't a good qb.

And I do think, if the Patriots actually try, they will go 16-0. They have all the offensive weapons (Brady, Moss, Mankins, Welker, Maroney, etc.) needed to be the top-scoring one in the league. But have you looked at their defense? Needless to say, unless they encounter the Browns or Broncos in the playoffs or the Lions or Cowboys in the Super Bowl, they will be the champions of 2007.

Orthar
10-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Are you calling me a moron? Look at some footage first before saying Elam isn't a good qb.

And I do think, if the Patriots actually try, they will go 16-0. They have all the offensive weapons (Brady, Moss, Mankins, Welker, Maroney, etc.) needed to be the top-scoring one in the league. But have you looked at their defense? Needless to say, unless they encounter the Browns or Broncos in the playoffs or the Lions or Cowboys in the Super Bowl, they will be the champions of 2007.
Haha you make me laugh.

First off, Elam never was, and never has been a QB. Seriously, shut up. You ARE a moron. Your predictions are ****** and unrealistic.

Second, the Patriots have the players on paper to go 16-0, but sadly paper means next to nothing. Any team can get an injury, or just give up. Wait 2 weeks for when they play Dallas in Dallas, let's see what happens there.

Third, I hope that AshMistyMayFan is lying about his age. Dude, your 39 time to stop going to pokemon forums and talking about the Disney channel. 49ers have potential, your just looking at the negatives. Dilfer isn't that bad of a QB, he's an experienced vet. And your saying that the coaching staff is failing? No, the team is just injury plauged.

All of you, get your facts straight. Don't even bother posting if you have no idea what your talking about.

AshMistyMayfan
10-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Hey, if you don't want this thread locked, please stop your unsportsmanlike conduct responses. Mistakes were made, predictions were not accurate, stop with the crackback responses, this is supposed to be a fun topic. I'm setting both you posters with offsetting penalities, please do not draw out anymore flags on this.

ANd dude, there's a reason why posters like me are 'personal' with our lives. It's called privacy so please respect it. I'm still playing Pokemon Diamond so get over yourself, dude. Don't make me go Stone Cold 3:16 now.

Keep in mind if the 49ers do not have a .500 season or get to the playoffs, I see no way any voter in Santa Clara will be eager to vote for a tax to move the team to Santa clara. That means Hunters Point will be the attempted new home for the team, which is unacceptable. If we lose Santa clara, I see the 49ers going to Los Angeles when it's all said and done. The politics in SF dude is a sick joke, and it's not just wrongfully ousting Ed Jew.

MaskedJackal
10-07-2007, 12:51 PM

Stop it man. You're killing me.

Clutch
10-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Haha you make me laugh.

First off, Elam never was, and never has been a QB. Seriously, shut up. You ARE a moron. Your predictions are ****** and unrealistic.

Second, the Patriots have the players on paper to go 16-0, but sadly paper means next to nothing. Any team can get an injury, or just give up. Wait 2 weeks for when they play Dallas in Dallas, let's see what happens there.

Third, I hope that AshMistyMayFan is lying about his age. Dude, your 39 time to stop going to pokemon forums and talking about the Disney channel. 49ers have potential, your just looking at the negatives. Dilfer isn't that bad of a QB, he's an experienced vet. And your saying that the coaching staff is failing? No, the team is just injury plauged.

All of you, get your facts straight. Don't even bother posting if you have no idea what your talking about.
Thank you.

Now, speaking of Dallas, they're the best team in the NFC, no question. But, I've got to say, they really haven't played a great team yet. Just wait until they play the Pats, or someone as good as them. I just don't know how they'd fare against someone like that. Don't get me wrong, Dallas is a great team, but they haven't played one of the good AFC teams yet.

karmachameleon
10-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Haha you make me laugh.

The Pats will beat Dallas in two weeks, barring injury. I live in Minnesota, and have watched Randy Moss play a lot, and I know exactly how good he is. He will, always, have at least two DBs on him no matter what. Even Roy Williams is no match for him. With the -2 DBs in the backfield, the Cowboys will have to play a lot of nickel/dime, which opens up the running game for Faulk or Maroney. I'm not saying the Pats will win easily, as the Cowboys do have one of the best defenses, but they will win by at least a touchdown.

AshMistyMayfan
10-07-2007, 09:03 PM
How about them Seahawks? 21-0 loss to the Steelers, I love it today!

NFC WEst looks like a losers division again.

Orthar
10-08-2007, 01:09 AM
The Pats will beat Dallas in two weeks, barring injury. I live in Minnesota, and have watched Randy Moss play a lot, and I know exactly how good he is. He will, always, have at least two DBs on him no matter what. Even Roy Williams is no match for him. With the -2 DBs in the backfield, the Cowboys will have to play a lot of nickel/dime, which opens up the running game for Faulk or Maroney. I'm not saying the Pats will win easily, as the Cowboys do have one of the best defenses, but they will win by at least a touchdown.
Have you seen how Anthony Henry has been playing this year? He shut down Musin Muhammad against the Bears two weeks ago. Bears overall may not be a good team, but Muhammad is a good reciever. Roy Williams can still keep up with the best of 'em, he had a pick last week against the Rams. Don't forget who we picked up in the offseason either, another hard hitter named Ken Hamlin. Yeah, so at any time Moss could have up to two people on him. 2 pro bowlers. And that's just our secondary.

Up on the line we have Chris Canty and Marcus Spears who racked in a sack last week. Our Line Backers Akin Ayodele, Greg Ellis(who returned last week), Bobby Carpenter, Bradie James, and Demarcus Ware are an unstoppable force. Yeah, it would be a close game...if only our defense were playing.

Let's take a look at our offensive side.

Superman himself, Tony Romo has been unstoppable this year. He makes guys miss and works well under pressure. Immediatly after avoiding pressure, his eyes go down field and he finds a reciever. Catching the ball we have 4 big threats. Starting off with our O-Line Tight End Jason Witten. This guy is a 4 time pro bowler with strength and speed. Then of course there is T.0, a tall, fast, and strong wide reciever. He goes over people to make catches. Then there's Patrick Crayton, he may not be fast but boy can he jump for a ball. And then finally there's Sam Hurd, mainly a 3rd down reciever he breaks coverage as if it were just a sheet of ice.

Is Dallas going to blow this game up? Probably not. Will we win it in my opinion? Definatly.

Don't get me wrong, we have our weaknesses.

It just turns out that we hide them better.

=)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jtSe9TLIMWk

^That is how QB's are made.^

Blood Red Lucario
10-10-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm a little curious about Brian Griese's previous career before the Bears. Does anyone know how good he was before going to Chicago?

Orthar
10-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Dallas played possibly the worst game of football I have seen in quite some time on Monday. But we showed alot of character. The Bills could have easily beaten us after those 5 picks and 1 fumble but we wanted it more. Our defense was astounding, and our special teams was okay except for that one little blemish of a kick off return. If you are going to talk **** about Tony Romo having a bad game, guess what. All QB's are going to have bad games.

Brett Favre

Tom Brady

Even Peyton Manning has had some bad ones when it comes to winning them big.

Romo is still young, but he is making great strides. A win is a win and we are 5-0. I expect a great game on Sunday against the Patriots.

How 'bout dem Cowboys?

Linoone
10-10-2007, 11:46 PM
The Saints are doing horrible. They haven't won one game yet! Yet they barely won against Carolina(I don't know if it was them) last sunday. Carolina just won by a fiield goal. Olindo Mare, if he kicked that ball straight we would've gone to overtime and might of won! I wish they didn't replace last years kicker.

Clutch
10-11-2007, 12:07 AM

Barring injury? The Patriots took a dude named Sammy Morris, a no name, put him in the backfield, and get him to rush over 100 yards. Don't talk to me about injury with the Patriots. First off, just because you live in Minnesota, doesn't mean you know Randy Moss like the back of your freakin' hand. Second, that's not true that's they'll always have two DB's on him, especially the unpredictable backfield of New England. But, who knows what Dallas could do? The Cowboys defense is amazing, excluding that game against the Bills. And, also, saying Roy Williams is no match for Randy Moss? Understatement. As much as I hate the Dallas Cowboys, I can't disrespect key players like him. And what you said about Faulk and Maroney. Okay, what? Maroney won't do jack-squat against Dallas, if he even plays, which I doubt he will! Sammy Morris would get the start, and Faulk would barely get any carries. The Patriots will not win this game easily, but as many positive things I've said about the Dallas Cowboys, I can't go against the best team in the NFL. The Patiots will win, but it'll be a close one.

Orthar
10-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Barring injury? The Patriots took a dude named Sammy Morris, a no name, put him in the backfield, and get him to rush over 100 yards. Don't talk to me about injury with the Patriots. First off, just because you live in Minnesota, doesn't mean you know Randy Moss like the back of your freakin' hand. Second, that's not true that's they'll always have two DB's on him, especially the unpredictable backfield of New England. But, who knows what Dallas could do? The Cowboys defense is amazing, excluding that game against the Bills. And, also, saying Roy Williams is no match for Randy Moss? Understatement. As much as I hate the Dallas Cowboys, I can't disrespect key players like him. And what you said about Faulk and Maroney. Okay, what? Maroney won't do jack-squat against Dallas, if he even plays, which I doubt he will! Sammy Morris would get the start, and Faulk would barely get any carries. The Patriots will not win this game easily, but as many positive things I've said about the Dallas Cowboys, I can't go against the best team in the NFL. The Patiots will win, but it'll be a close one.
I still think Dallas could win, but so could the Pats. When you have two 5-0 teams, paper really doesn't matter. It's going to come down to who makes the least mistakes. It will be a good game, and once again, I will probably be doing alot of yelling.

AshMistyMayfan
10-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Man, if the 49ers can't rally, they might finish 5 and 11 this year for I count 3 games they can win...that's just sad another year may be wasted and Seattle wins the division.:sad:

karmachameleon
10-14-2007, 09:31 PM
I can't believe the Vikings actually beat the Bears at Soldier Field! Adrian Peterson is a BEAST!

Orthar
10-14-2007, 11:02 PM
At halftime Dallas trails Patriots

21-17.

But, Dallas has explosive second halfs and we have contained Brady well. 3 sacks and 1 forced fumble.

Romo looks relaxed and is making good decisions, this game looks like a shootout till the end.

How 'bout 'dem Cowboys?!

AshMistyMayfan
10-16-2007, 06:06 AM
New England wins again, ho hum. The NFL is getting too obvious because the NFC West is a bad division once again with Seattle about to win it, Cards 2nd, 49ers 3rd at 5 and 11, and Rams 4th going 1 and 15 perhaps. Worse of all for the 49ers, we don't have a first round pick for we traded that for our so called wonderful defense. 2008 is going to be another sad draft day.:sad:

Orthar
10-17-2007, 10:48 AM
New England wins again, ho hum. The NFL is getting too obvious because the NFC West is a bad division once again with Seattle about to win it, Cards 2nd, 49ers 3rd at 5 and 11, and Rams 4th going 1 and 15 perhaps. Worse of all for the 49ers, we don't have a first round pick for we traded that for our so called wonderful defense. 2008 is going to be another sad draft day.:sad:
New England wins again, ho hum?!

I thought that if we didn't have all those penalties on third downs, and if we tightened up our defense(maybe if Anthony Henry played perhaps?)that we would have had their number. At the beginning of the third quarter, we had the lead with just 3 penalties on us. We finished the game with 11. Alot of those penalties came on third and short, making them third and long. 2 even came on GOOD conversions for first downs.

The Patriots defense didn't look so hot, they had a good moment or two but honestly...

I can't wait to see what happens when they play the Colts.

I also can't wait until this Sunday, when Dallas can redeem themselves against the Vikings.

karmachameleon
10-18-2007, 05:57 PM
I also can't wait until this Sunday, when Dallas can redeem themselves against the Vikings.

That is where you lose. The Vikings are coming off a huge win against the Bears at Soldier Field, a place they hadn't won in since 2000. Adrian Peterson had 220 yards rushing against one of the top, although injured, defenses in the league. Tarvaris Jackson had the best game of his career. Not to mention the Vikes have the best run defense in the league.

The only way the Cowboys are going to win is if the defense forces TJack to pass a lot, and Tony Romo has a good passing game. That is where you have an advantage over us, because we virtually have no pass rush, and our CBs get burned a lot. Owens against Winfield could be very bad.

The Cowboys do have a better overall team, but I think the Vikings use the momentum from last week and win 31-28. :wink:

Orthar
10-18-2007, 07:38 PM
That is where you lose. The Vikings are coming off a huge win against the Bears at Soldier Field, a place they hadn't won in since 2000. Adrian Peterson had 220 yards rushing against one of the top, although injured, defenses in the league. Tarvaris Jackson had the best game of his career. Not to mention the Vikes have the best run defense in the league.

The only way the Cowboys are going to win is if the defense forces TJack to pass a lot, and Tony Romo has a good passing game. That is where you have an advantage over us, because we virtually have no pass rush, and our CBs get burned a lot. Owens against Winfield could be very bad.

The Cowboys do have a better overall team, but I think the Vikings use the momentum from last week and win 31-28. :wink:
Dallas has stopped the run in all of their games. The max yards a rusher got was 70 and that was in week 1 against the Giants. Your DB's are bad, a Jackson might of had the best game of his career, but it wasn't great. The run can open up the pass, but when there is little to no run, and your QB is good...it's a mix for disaster. I still pick Dallas to win this.

It might have been a big game at the Bears, but the only thing big in it was Adrian Peterson. Your not going to run for 200+ in back to back games. That and, the Bears defense isn't what I would call good either.

AshMistyMayfan
10-18-2007, 07:56 PM
New England wins again, ho hum?!

I thought that if we didn't have all those penalties on third downs, and if we tightened up our defense(maybe if Anthony Henry played perhaps?)that we would have had their number. At the beginning of the third quarter, we had the lead with just 3 penalties on us. We finished the game with 11. Alot of those penalties came on third and short, making them third and long. 2 even came on GOOD conversions for first downs.

The Patriots defense didn't look so hot, they had a good moment or two but honestly...

I can't wait to see what happens when they play the Colts.

There's a beat writer named Nancy Gay (yes, there is such a name believe it or not) that appeared in the Chronicle, and said it took a lot of stupid things for the Cowboys to lose that game. My thought was I thought the call on Kosier was obvious BS for how many times has that happened to get a good play on 4th and 1, and the official rips you off? My team is lucky to get anything on a big play with K Harris messing it up. I did see on the scoring that the cowboys were within striking distance and played them score for score, but they seemed to fall apart. Well, get sympathy cards ready for the 49ers blowout loss to the Gmen. I expect the same old you know what from our offense, though I keep telling them to use a 4 WR set to spread the defense around. I hope if Smith is still ailing, don't play him if he gets whacked 14 times from that LB with the long U name and then Strahan.

ZiVixx
10-21-2007, 01:39 AM
From my view right now, Patriots are going to playoffs or better. I really do want to see the Eagles pull something off. Anyone mind telling what happened to the Bears? They lost Thomas Jones man! He was a puzzle piece to that team , and they got rid of him. Vikings and Bears had a great game though.

AshMistyMayfan
10-22-2007, 06:04 PM
The 49ers have hit the iceberg, season is now over for us. I'm expecting an ugly New Orleans loss, a chant of FIre Nolan or Fire Hosler (the 'brilliant' Offensive coach that can't draw plays), players calling each other out, another tirade of a post game show, and hope for the local blackout one of these years until the team gets the message they are bad right now.

Seattle to go on a 5 game winning streak now, that's why it's over in the NFC West. Time to hope the cardinals of all teams can break this God Awful Seattle in first where they play nobody.

I hate the NFC West, it's pathetic since they realigned it.

bekah_the_pikachu
10-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Seahawks! WOO WOO! Went to the game yesterday (and sat in the season tickets area, the Hawk's Nest). Seattle creamed the Rams, which is kinda sad 'cause they had a humiluating loss against New Orleans and one of their team members raised the 12th man flag for his retirement. The 12th man flag is the fans, the stadium is so loud that we have the most false starts of ANY stadium. We've had 60 false starts since 2005, and we have an open stadium! I can't imagine how loud it would be with a dome. It's kinda funny how the fans only scream when the other team has the ball, so usually the Seahawks don't get any false starts :D

Bryce
10-22-2007, 08:47 PM
I am very surprised & pleased to see how my team: The Packers are doing.... the most recent seasons havent been all that good, but they are actually at the top of the standings as of now... 5-1 (or is it 4-1?)

all of the games that they were in favor to lose, they have won.... & that 1 game that the odds were in their favor to win (against the Bears) they lost... =P

i have been a Packer fan my entire life (two Cheesehead parents) so i am happy that Brett Farve came back ^_^

------------------------------------

on a different note:

when i lived in florida, my parents and i were very close friends with Vince Lombardi's granddaughters.... (i actually got my first kiss from his great-granddaughter xD)

anyways, we also knew his daughter... & my mom & dad say that when i was a baby, she would always hold me, and i would chew [with my gums] on the 1st ever SuperBowl ring that Lombardi/her dad gave to her.... lawlz, its hard to believe that such a historic object was in my mouth =P

Tamer Marco
10-22-2007, 09:27 PM
I don't watch football too much anymore but I have one thing to say. I hate my home team. -_- (Rams)

All of St. Louis's teams suck except for Baseball. :|

MaskedJackal
10-23-2007, 12:39 AM
The Lions have a winning record. The world's going to end.

Orthar
10-23-2007, 12:41 AM
The 49ers have hit the iceberg, season is now over for us. I'm expecting an ugly New Orleans loss, a chant of FIre Nolan or Fire Hosler (the 'brilliant' Offensive coach that can't draw plays), players calling each other out, another tirade of a post game show, and hope for the local blackout one of these years until the team gets the message they are bad right now.

Seattle to go on a 5 game winning streak now, that's why it's over in the NFC West. Time to hope the cardinals of all teams can break this God Awful Seattle in first where they play nobody.

I hate the NFC West, it's pathetic since they realigned it.
Your team let me down yesterday. I still have the Giants breathing down my throat. Fire Dilfer. Fire Smith. Pick up Vick when he is eligable in like 3 years.

AshMistyMayfan
10-29-2007, 07:31 PM
I hope the Raiders game is blacked out so I can see New England/Colts. I hate this region rule in my area that if the home teams sell out, you don't get the 'other game' on the TV. I so wanted Redskins/Pats after the 49ers flop in my region...that was the worse football on TV. I so beg for a flex against Seattle, but won't happen it looks like. Maybe the bengals/bucs game will give out the flex game, meaning it gets bumped back to Sunday afternoon and other good game inserted in place. Some of these matchups are such flops this year.

Oh yeah, I got my fire Nolan chant going right now. He let Alex Smith get beat up out there and wont' change a thing.

Blood Red Lucario
11-03-2007, 02:31 AM
From my view right now, Patriots are going to playoffs or better. I really do want to see the Eagles pull something off. Anyone mind telling what happened to the Bears? They lost Thomas Jones man! He was a puzzle piece to that team , and they got rid of him. Vikings and Bears had a great game though.

I agree that was a good game. The Bears got rid of Jones for some kind of "chemistry issue". Benson said he would take his place because he felt he was the better back(so much for that :susp:) this later caused problems in the locker room. So, when Jones asked for a trade the Bears did nothing to stop it.
They need him now more than ever.

karmachameleon
11-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Anyone else see Adrian Peterson today? :happy:

Orthar
11-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Anyone else see Adrian Peterson today? :happy:
You mean the only good player on that piece of garbage you call "a team"? Yeah, I saw him. He runs well, just hope that he doesn't get injured.

Anyone see Dallas destroy Philly? T.O with 150+ yards. Romo 20-25 for 3 TD's. Pwn't. The NFC title comes through Dallas. HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!

Arceus101
11-07-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm an Eagles fan so I hate TO. I don't want anything to do with him or Dallas.

AshMistyMayfan
11-07-2007, 11:51 PM
If the 49ers wind up going possibly 5 and 11 as I pegged them to do, think Mike Nolan should get the axe? We gave him 3 years, and the team still sucks. We're the only region that hasn't gotten a local blackout yet, but I think John York purposely buys the tickets to prevent it. I also lost patience with Alex Smith, he should get the shoulder operated and go on IR. I think we put Alex Smith in there way too soon in week 5 years ago, we should've either kept Garcia or Rattay around.

SHADOW SWORD
11-09-2007, 10:40 PM
My good old lions are off to a great start!!

AshMistyMayfan
11-10-2007, 07:21 AM
Yeah, but now Detroit gets the HARD POUNDING IN YOUR FACE schedule. Got 2 games with Green bay, then you got Dallas, man, 6 out of your next 8 teams could get you 9 and 7!:sad: Kitna better be on his game, this is where we separate men from boys with your upcoming games.

I should know what that type of schedule is like, the 49ers can't beat either easy or hard teams this year.:eek:

Orthar
11-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Yeah, but now Detroit gets the HARD POUNDING IN YOUR FACE schedule. Got 2 games with Green bay, then you got Dallas, man, 6 out of your next 8 teams could get you 9 and 7!:sad: Kitna better be on his game, this is where we separate men from boys with your upcoming games.

I should know what that type of schedule is like, the 49ers can't beat either easy or hard teams this year.:eek:

The NFC Championship goes through Dallas. I can feel it man, this season is special.

AshMistyMayfan
11-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Finally, some good football in region at 10am: Redskin/Eagle barn burner after bumping the Pack/Vikes game (27-0 4th quarter) and Broncos Chiefs. Too bad the Raiders sold out to present the 1pm FLOP afternoon instead of the Dallas game. Man, next time the 49ers are getting skunked on TV, they should consider bumping it for a better matchup.

Orthar
11-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Finally, some good football in region at 10am: Redskin/Eagle barn burner after bumping the Pack/Vikes game (27-0 4th quarter) and Broncos Chiefs. Too bad the Raiders sold out to present the 1pm FLOP afternoon instead of the Dallas game. Man, next time the 49ers are getting skunked on TV, they should consider bumping it for a better matchup.
Man, you have games on at 10:00 a.m? That must suck. I love football, but 10 is too early for me. I wasn't even up at 10 this morning.

Alot of sports analysts(coughSkip Baylesscough)are picking the Giants to beat the Cowboys today because of their top NFC defense. Well, what they are overlooking is that Dallas is number 1 in the NFC in offense, and number 2 in the NFL(behing the Pats). Also, our defense is ranked number 5 in the NFC. Eli Manning has a horrid 79.00% passer rating. Romo's is a 101.00%.

The way I see it, New York has to play a mistake free game to beat us. And I doubt they can do that,

Dallas: 28
New York: 24

AshMistyMayfan
11-12-2007, 07:55 AM
Breaking news on Mike Nolan's father Dick Nolan:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80419bb4&template=with-video&confirm=true

He died sadly today...and Mike Nolan is going to coach his team tomorrow.

:sad: It's sad his father died, and going to be sader if we lose another one. I really feel sick about this game tomorrow night...could be another train wreck on the 49ers season....end of season won't come soon enough for me man.

Man, how could it have rained in san Diego of all places to cost the Colts that game? I wanted complete domination of the chargers...now we'll never get Norv Turner back on OC.

I weep for our season.:sad:

Raiders weren't quick enough in losing...got the ending of Detroit/Arizona. That was just a terrible afternoon of football in my region. Whoever the Raiders hired to get sellouts should be fired for ruining games like this.

Dr Scott
11-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Well, at least we didn't lose ...

Not a great year for the Bears, but Grossman had an ok second half. Good to see him doing decently. Now if only we had a good HB ...

And Manning picked off 6 times? More than he has all season O_O.

Orthar
11-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Well, at least we didn't lose ...

Not a great year for the Bears, but Grossman had an ok second half. Good to see him doing decently. Now if only we had a good HB ...

And Manning picked off 6 times? More than he has all season O_O.
Try, more picks than in his whole career. He tried to pull a Romo, winning a game with 5+ picks but...well..Manning isn't Romo.

How bout dem Cowboys rolling right over the Giants?!?!

31-20 baby! 8-1 feels good!

T.O had another 100+ recieving day with two TD's. J.J had some good runs in there and Patrick Crayton had that touchdown that gave us the momentum.

Next Opponent: Washington in Dallas
Score:

Dallas: 30
Washington: 17

AshMistyMayfan
11-12-2007, 09:44 PM
No, the colts/Chargers game was wrecked by the foul weather, of all the days it can rain in San Diego, had to do it this week and ruin the Colts' season. Minus the foul weather, Manning had this game in the bag. It's easier to grip a football in the snow then it is in the rain. I guess Norv Turner saved his sorry job in San Diego, darn it!:sad: I wanted retailiation for what New England did. We just don't get that in the NFL anymore since they changed everything fun about the game.

SHADOW SWORD
11-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Yea I have to agree with you, the lions have a tough schedule ahead of them.

TheEvilDookie
11-13-2007, 10:01 PM
No, the colts/Chargers game was wrecked by the foul weather, of all the days it can rain in San Diego, had to do it this week and ruin the Colts' season. Minus the foul weather, Manning had this game in the bag. It's easier to grip a football in the snow then it is in the rain. I guess Norv Turner saved his sorry job in San Diego, darn it!:sad: I wanted retailiation for what New England did. We just don't get that in the NFL anymore since they changed everything fun about the game.
The Colts are still the best team in the NFL and they showed that this Sunday. Lemme point out that:

Manning had 6 interceptions
The Colts only had 17 offensive players by the end of the night
Most of San Diego's scores were from the help of the special teams
A lot of the skill positions were being played by back-ups
they missed 2 field goals
The refs screwed the colts by blowing the wistle on the interception they had in the end zone which was going for a TD

all that and they only lost by 2 points

karmachameleon
11-13-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm REALLY MAD that:
a. the Browns lost to the Steelers on a missed field goal
b. The Vikings got completely destroyed by the Packers
c. Adrian Peterson tore his LCL

Even though I've given up hope on the Vikes, I still have faith in the Browns, who are 5-4 now.

GO BROWNS!!!!!

SHADOW SWORD
11-14-2007, 12:05 AM
The Colts are still the best team in the NFL and they showed that this Sunday. Lemme point out that:

Manning had 6 interceptions
The Colts only had 17 offensive players by the end of the night
Most of San Diego's scores were from the help of the special teams
A lot of the skill positions were being played by back-ups
they missed 2 field goals
The refs screwed the colts by blowing the wistle on the interception they had in the end zone which was going for a TD

all that and they only lost by 2 points

It doesn't matter bro, a loss is a loss and the steelers are breathing down their necks. I love the colts and would always wish them to be the winners after this whole thing is over but you have to admit when a loss is a loss. Plus with Dwight Freeney gone I would expect more losses. The 2 main losses are not little, they are hall of famers bro. Dwight and Harrison.

But first and foremost, go Detroit!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6-3

Vincent_Valentine_4
11-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Pats will go undefeated and win super bowl!

TheEvilDookie
11-15-2007, 01:54 AM
Well youre confident... You do realize that they have to go up against the bills, steelers, giants, and 3 more tough playoff games, probably 1 of which could very likely be the colts?

AshMistyMayfan
11-15-2007, 04:32 AM
iF the Colts lose more games, the 49ers 1st round pick will get better and better. Should the Colts not make the playoffs, our pick could be as high as 14 instead of 26. The 49ers have the Colts' pick in part of the trade to get Joe Staley.

Alex Smith might be rumored to have shoulder surgery, he's really messed up on his throws. I think something inside is blocking his mobility to throw passes.:sad:

Mike Nolan has officially lost the locker room and team. Get this, when Smith said he wasn't feeling right, Nolan wasn't aware of it. I thought Mike Nolan was the head coach, but he's turning out to be HEAD IDIOT!

SHADOW SWORD
11-16-2007, 08:56 PM
iF the Colts lose more games, the 49ers 1st round pick will get better and better. Should the Colts not make the playoffs, our pick could be as high as 14 instead of 26. The 49ers have the Colts' pick in part of the trade to get Joe Staley.

Alex Smith might be rumored to have shoulder surgery, he's really messed up on his throws. I think something inside is blocking his mobility to throw passes.:sad:

Mike Nolan has officially lost the locker room and team. Get this, when Smith said he wasn't feeling right, Nolan wasn't aware of it. I thought Mike Nolan was the head coach, but he's turning out to be HEAD IDIOT!

The colts will make the playoffs but they WILL lose at least 2-3 more games due to these injuires.

Orthar
11-17-2007, 01:26 AM
Even if you do make it to Arizona, Dallas will be there and kick you ass. :)

The difference between Manning and Romo is, Romo can throw 5+ picks, and win a game. Manning can't. Romo knows how to move his feat, Manning is the Statue of Liberty.

I see the Colts dropping 4 of their next games. I see them knocked off in the first round of the playoffs. I also see the Giants destorying Detroit on Sunday.

SHADOW SWORD
11-17-2007, 02:43 PM

The difference between Manning and Romo is, Romo can throw 5+ picks, and win a game. Manning can't. Romo knows how to move his feat, Manning is the Statue of Liberty.

I see the Colts dropping 4 of their next games. I see them knocked off in the first round of the playoffs. I also see the Giants destorying Detroit on Sunday.

Eh I can't agree with the giants and lions game but I do agree with your statement about the colts.

My prediction on lions and giants game:

24-21 = you decide the winner...

AshMistyMayfan
11-18-2007, 04:07 AM
IN front of a sold out crowd at Candlestick, the 49ers lose again and post game callers will issue fire Nolan, QB is bad.

SHADOW SWORD
11-23-2007, 04:17 AM
Hmm the lions and packers game was more of a scoring game then I thought it would be.

Orthar
11-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Dallas just keeps on rollin' baby, 10-1. Marion Barber goes over the century mark. How bout dem Cowboys?!!?

Next week we have Green Bay, but I'm confident we can put pressure on Favre. We are a big, strong, fast front seven. It'll be a close game, but I believe the homefield advantage should give us a push. Oh, and if we win this game, we'll have homefield in the playoffs.

AshMistyMayfan
11-23-2007, 11:54 PM
What a week for the 49ers: Ann Killion (Mercury News leaves 2 articles about the coach/QB Alex Smith, Nancy Gay (SF CHronicle beat NFL writer) talked to Denise DeBartalo and cracked the missing person case on her, but now we question Denise's sanity by getting a GM rather then talk about firing Mike Nolan, and Mike Nolan declares all is normal until he has that talk in January about the team's bad situation. And in other 49er news, we continue to pick up/dump Zak kasey/Navies off the waiver wire, picked up a useless QB named Olson, and Alex Smith ponders shoulder surgery. Just a typical week in San Francisco where nothing gets fixed until 2008's opener of the NFL season. Oh, I hope the 49ers realize they have NFC and AFC East next year, the North Chicago beating and the South perhaps Saints or Falcons beating next to the NFC West sucks division where 2 and 14 is entirely possible unless changes are made. And the next 6 weeks, Trent DIlfer is starting QB.

pikachufan25
11-24-2007, 05:03 AM
I'm a pats fan and go new england. no offense to jets or eagles fans, but release pennington and mcnabb, both seem to have injuries every year, debating whats tougher chad's arm or a pencil, since they both snap easy. McNabb gets a season ending injury every year. Who ever said new england didn't get key injuries, becuase with no sammy morris and maroney having a mediocre year, compared to last year. Brady is having incredible year, arguably one of the best in nfl history.

AshMistyMayfan
11-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Hey, if Andy Reid and McNabb want out of Philly, 49ers will be more then glad to snatch both of them up. All we need is a 2 and 14 season to plant seeds of doubt in Denise York and it's bye bye Nolan just like Erickson. I don't know why we allowed Nolan so much control when he's torn the 49ers apart. We look like the aftermath of the Southern california wildfire...sorry for that reference, but that's the only description next to Chris Jericho calling Stephanie McMahon ranking roadkill.

Arceus101
11-24-2007, 04:18 PM

Manning is too good to lose 4 games in a row!

AshMistyMayfan
11-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Manning is too good to lose 4 games in a row!

Green Bay just got hit with bad injuries from the Detroit game, they're looking right to drop one to Dallas this Thursday. I'm glad teams can play through the injuries, but at the same time, they can wind up hurting chances to win the game. Colts could be hurting and they better watch out for the Jax. Jax could take the title.

Clutch
11-26-2007, 03:14 AM
How come Jason Campbell can march 93 yards down the field into the Red Zone, but always has to throw an INT every single freakin' time with the last freakin' two minutes of the freakin' game?

ARGH!

Orthar
11-26-2007, 11:25 AM
How come Jason Campbell can march 93 yards down the field into the Red Zone, but always has to throw an INT every single freakin' time with the last freakin' two minutes of the freakin' game?

ARGH!
Because he's young and an in-experienced QB. He's getting better though, once you guys start letting him make the deep throws and stay in the pocket he's alot better.

Arceus101
11-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Ah, crap! The Eagles came so close to winning the game against the Patriots. If Feeley didn't throw thoses INT's, Philly would've won.

dannycap
11-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Ah, crap! The Eagles came so close to winning the game against the Patriots. If Feeley didn't throw thoses INT's, Philly would've won.

i was mad surprised he had such a good game

Blood Red Lucario
11-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Wow! Hester pulled the Bears out of a mucky finish yesterday with one kick off return and one punt return. For the most part our defense stopped the run pretty well and I actually saw the return of turnovers caused by their defense. Then Rex actually led us to a touchdown drive by an excellent catch by Berrian. After a game like yesterday go Bears go!

Orthar
11-26-2007, 07:49 PM
According to NFL.Com, Redskins Saftey Sean Taylor has been shot in his leg and is in critical condition. The bullet apparently went through an attery and he has lost quite a large amount of blood. They suspect the shooter was trying to attempt a robbery.

Clutch
11-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Because he's young and an in-experienced QB. He's getting better though, once you guys start letting him make the deep throws and stay in the pocket he's alot better.
Tell that to our O-Line. :/
According to NFL.Com, Redskins Saftey Sean Taylor has been shot in his leg and is in critical condition. The bullet apparently went through an attery and he has lost quite a large amount of blood. They suspect the shooter was trying to attempt a robbery.
My mom told me that right when I walked in the door. I was like, "pfft, mom, you don't know anything about football, SHUTJOMOUF". Although I didn't say it like that, she was correct either way. :P

AshMistyMayfan
11-27-2007, 07:19 AM
Miami came SO CLOSE to winning their game! Oh man, 3-0 in the worse weather in Pittsburgh, rain and a messy field!

Tollner helped the 49ers get that win. I don't care what the media says, Tollner influenced the team to beat Arizona 37-31. I hope we bench 3 drop Jackson, he's really not done the job on the 49ers as the so called no. 1 WR. We got to stop treating Lelie like Jerry Porter and let him play for D Jackson, PLEASE!

Carr, or VInny, I don't think they got the capability to get a win over the 49ers. I think for once, we beat Carolina that's been whipping the 49ers last several years.

Overtime games rule!:happy:

The shooting incident, made the Bay Area news. But I was at work, caught the tail end on KFRC radio.

pikachufan25
11-28-2007, 03:42 AM
I know this may shock many people, but wes welker is the real mvp of the patriots, I know he won't win mvp, but he has carried them through some tough situations without moss or stallworth, i.e. the game against the eagles.

AshMistyMayfan
11-28-2007, 06:10 AM
Bad news, and it should be on NFL.com, Sean Taylor who was shot died today from his wound unfortunately.:sad: It's really sad that he worked hard in a game and now he's gone.

Orthar
11-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Bad news, and it should be on NFL.com, Sean Taylor who was shot died today from his wound unfortunately.:sad: It's really sad that he worked hard in a game and now he's gone.
Old news mate, it has already been posted.

Clutch
11-28-2007, 08:49 PM
I know this may shock many people, but wes welker is the real mvp of the patriots, I know he won't win mvp, but he has carried them through some tough situations without moss or stallworth, i.e. the game against the eagles.
Oh, thank God; I thought I was the only person that actually thinks that Wes Welker is the real MVP of that team. In my opinion, he is the most underrated player in the NFL. He does so much, yet he gets so little credit for what he does.
I already made a thread for it:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70817

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't even read this post, as much as you ignore the other ones. :/

AshMistyMayfan
11-28-2007, 11:47 PM
I didn't see it, no need to get on my case about it. I worked 9 hours at my job and my train of thought is shot to heck. I only have like 30 minutes to eat/read my newspaper at lunch. I saw the news on NFL.com, I did not see it here until I was told about it.

Anyway, if the 49ers can't beat Carolina, both Hostler/Nolan should be left behind in Charlotte and have Ric Flair beat them both up.:crackup: Flair is way older then Vinny too!:crackup:

I saw on a forum that the 49er/Carolina game is flexed, starts at 1pm. Too bad the bengals can't be flexed, but I'm betting the Bucs game is flexed. What time was the 49ers game originally from Carolina...4:15 est or was it 1pm est?

SHADOW SWORD
11-29-2007, 01:49 AM
Oh, thank God; I thought I was the only person that actually thinks that Wes Welker is the real MVP of that team. In my opinion, he is the most underrated player in the NFL. He does so much, yet he gets so little credit for what he does.

I already made a thread for it:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70817

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't even read this post, as much as you ignore the other ones. :/

Yea I also agree that he should be the mvp of the Patriots, much like Dwight Freeney is in my oppinion the make or break guy for the Colts. Expect a couple more losses because of that injury.

Night Crawler
11-29-2007, 02:20 AM
It's very sad that Sean Taylor passed away. He was going to become a legend in his upcoming years. I would even bet he would make it into the hall of fame.

Orthar
11-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Tomarrow is the big game, most likley it will be the game to decide who gets Home Field in the playoffs. The Packers are a good team, I respect Brett Favre, but their running game is still poor. If we can stop the pass, and we've already stopped the run every game this season(we still haven't let a 100 yard rusher), I don't see how we can't win. It should be a hard fought game, but ultimatley it favors Dallas.

Dallas 31

Packers 27

pikachu25king
11-29-2007, 08:37 PM
The Dallas cowboys vs. Green Bay.
Dallas Cowboys= 38
Green Bay Packers= 35
Dallas Cowboys win

pikachufan25
11-30-2007, 12:22 AM
I still like packers, 38-35, anyway, this one is going to be close, it will decide who has home field through the nfc playoffs, unless the team tonight who loses finishes the last 4 games better.

karmachameleon
11-30-2007, 12:27 AM
This is going to be a good game, one that will determine who the best in the NFC is. I don't know if Ryan Grant is injured or not, but if he isn't, the Packers will actually have a running game. Because Green Bay has two of the best CBs in the league and Brett Favre is having one of his best seasons so far, I think Green Bay will win in a close one.

My prediction:

Green Bay 28
Dallas 27

Romo- 275 yds, 2 Tds, 1 int
Witten- 6 rec, 78 yds, 1 Td

Favre- 310 yds, 3 Tds, 1 int
Driver- 5 rec, 86 yds, 1 Td

Orthar
11-30-2007, 12:36 AM
This is going to be a good game, one that will determine who the best in the NFC is. I don't know if Ryan Grant is injured or not, but if he isn't, the Packers will actually have a running game. Because Green Bay has two of the best CBs in the league and Brett Favre is having one of his best seasons so far, I think Green Bay will win in a close one.

My prediction:

Green Bay 28
Dallas 27

Romo- 275 yds, 2 Tds, 1 int
Witten- 6 rec, 78 yds, 1 Td

Favre- 310 yds, 3 Tds, 1 int
Driver- 5 rec, 86 yds, 1 Td
The Green Bay defense has 3 starters listed as questionable. One of them is Charles Woodson, the other two are a Saftey and a LB. Even if they play, they will be battered and beaten. I see Witten and Owens taking advantage of this. And the mix of Jones and Barber should tear it up tonight. While Dallas's Defense has everyone back. If we use the same package on Driver that we did for Moss and the Pat's Driver's play should be limited. I see alot of pressure being put on Favre, I know he's playing the best he has but he hasn't played this Cowboys defense. He'll end up on his back 3-4 times. Their running back is also injured.

AshMistyMayfan
11-30-2007, 04:12 AM
I go with the SF Chronicle's prediction...home team wins it.

I am aware I am a little late, but I can't get NFL NEtwork.:sad:

Just discovered: For those that can't get NFL Network, go to NFL.com, I'm fairly certain each of the games is going to be streamed LIVE, as in you watch it from your computer. Check out the Skins/Bears next Thursday at 8 EST for confirmation. I Just watched last minutes of the game. Man, Aaron Rodgers is a QB the 49ers missed the boat on sadly!

Lershyath
11-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Heard it was a tough game, Favre went down. Rodgers put on a hell of a comeback attempt, though.. gotta give the young guy a lot of credit.

I can't wait til Favre retires, cuz Rodgers is gonna be great.

pikachu25king
11-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Was i the only one that thought the cowboys were going to win, well i guess i am a better prediction person than you guys are.

TheEvilDookie
11-30-2007, 07:39 PM
No, I thought the cowboys were gonna win after i remembered how they played xD
But seriously thats what i do. I have to remember whos playing and how they play

So ya, you werent alone

pikachu25king
11-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Oh, had the cowboys winning to. Sorry about that.

AshMistyMayfan
11-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Was i the only one that thought the cowboys were going to win, well i guess i am a better prediction person than you guys are.

What are you talking about? I knew the Cowboys would win based on their RB, Romo's confidence, getting the ball to TO, and then going after Brett Favre. The only reason Pack had a chance was Rodgers did not make mistakes like Favre was doing, and that motivated the Packers. Face it, Cowboys got more confidence then the 49ers.

And I get only 2 lousy games in my region this weekend, the 49ers at 10am my time, the Raiders at 1pm my time. Darn Raiders just had to sell out to Denver! I wish I knew who the ticket agency is in Oakland that is parading those tickets off to ruin my Sundays! Raiders better win again to make it worthwhile!

All-Star
11-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Favre went down early with a bad injury. :[

I wanted Favre to pull off an upset, but it just wouldn't happen.

Dallas's RB should run that football about 25 times a game. And the reason to why he doesn't is beyone me.

Why don't we have an NBA thread?

pikachu25king
11-30-2007, 08:50 PM
I know, Brett Favre didn't even do good the time he was playing, and that rodgers guy did better.
Also pikachufan25, thought the packers, were a complete team, they surrently are not, because they cant run great, and there offensive line isnt that great ethier, and Pikachufan25, thought the packers were actually going to win the game, can you even believe that.

Orthar
11-30-2007, 09:53 PM
No, because I am probably the biggest Cowboy fan around here. Since I can remember I have loved the Cowboys. I remember the late 90's into the early 2000's with those 5-11, 6-10, seasons. This, is my victory dance.

AshMistyMayfan
12-01-2007, 04:49 AM
No, because I am probably the biggest Cowboy fan around here. Since I can remember I have loved the Cowboys. I remember the late 90's into the early 2000's with those 5-11, 6-10, seasons. This, is my victory dance.

We're going through the same dismal in San Francisco, and I'm getting punished by 2 lousy 49er/Raider contests in my region all thanks to the Faiders selling out the Denver game.:sad: Least Cowboys weren't stuck with a cheap owner and unfaithful home fans. We're lucky to get 2/3rd full at candlestick, and even that's phony with opposing fans outnumbering SF fans. I'll be glad when the season is over. The only hope i have is you cowboys kick the stuffing out of the Seahawks and get Mike Holmgren FIRED so he can come to San Francisco. Don't let me down, Cowboys. Holmgren must go!

SHADOW SWORD
12-01-2007, 02:00 PM
We're going through the same dismal in San Francisco, and I'm getting punished by 2 lousy 49er/Raider contests in my region all thanks to the Faiders selling out the Denver game.:sad: Least Cowboys weren't stuck with a cheap owner and unfaithful home fans. We're lucky to get 2/3rd full at candlestick, and even that's phony with opposing fans outnumbering SF fans. I'll be glad when the season is over. The only hope i have is you cowboys kick the stuffing out of the Seahawks and get Mike Holmgren FIRED so he can come to San Francisco. Don't let me down, Cowboys. Holmgren must go!

Basically the Lions were in that situation last year and plenty of years before that. But now look at them, do I think they will make the playoffs??? No, but they will get pretty darn close.

MagmarMan
12-02-2007, 02:16 AM
Basically the Lions were in that situation last year and plenty of years before that. But now look at them, do I think they will make the playoffs??? No, but they will get pretty darn close.

I think the Lions will make the playoffs, but only by a bit. They can probably grind their way through the end of the year. It's hard to predict though.

On an off note, go Jaguars!! Beat the Colts on Sunday!!

AshMistyMayfan
12-02-2007, 08:43 AM
I think Jon Kitna's prediction of 10 wins for the Lions will come true. I don't think he's just talking about it, he wants to have 10 wins.

Heh heh, Dilfer is 35, Vinny is 44 I believe...the battle of the oldest QBs.:crackup: Fans in Carolina/SF must be banging their heads to see such an awful regional contest. Try 49ers and Raiders, everybody else is ignored. And you think if the Raiders sold out, it means double coverage on CBS but no, it's the old Fox at 10, CBS at 1, no good games for me.:sad:

And the weather forecaster said rain on Tuesday...it's raining right now in my area, tonight! Talk about getting the forecast wrong, they must pre-tape or something!:eek:

Come on Jags, give the 49ers a better pick in the first round! Knock the Colts down.

Orthar
12-02-2007, 05:53 PM
I think Jon Kitna's prediction of 10 wins for the Lions will come true. I don't think he's just talking about it, he wants to have 10 wins.

Heh heh, Dilfer is 35, Vinny is 44 I believe...the battle of the oldest QBs.:crackup: Fans in Carolina/SF must be banging their heads to see such an awful regional contest. Try 49ers and Raiders, everybody else is ignored. And you think if the Raiders sold out, it means double coverage on CBS but no, it's the old Fox at 10, CBS at 1, no good games for me.:sad:

And the weather forecaster said rain on Tuesday...it's raining right now in my area, tonight! Talk about getting the forecast wrong, they must pre-tape or something!:eek:

Come on Jags, give the 49ers a better pick in the first round! Knock the Colts down.
It actually isn't the battle of the oldest QB's. Damon Huard and Brett Favre are older than Dilfer.

Your team is screwed for the season. Consider yourself lucky if you get another win.

Dallas 31

Packers 27

Wow, my prediction was nearly spot on. I got the Packers score right, and I missed the Cowboys score by a TD.

AshMistyMayfan
12-02-2007, 10:30 PM
So far, the 49ers have topped themselves in losing to losing teams:

Lost to Rams, should've really went 0 and 2 to confirm our 0 for season
Lost to Saints, gave them life
Lost to Falcons
Lost to Panthers

Time to talk about firing Mike Nolan. Personally, I hate to say it, but if we can finish 3 and 13, no way can the Yorks retain this loser. Got to continue being anemic in the NFC.

Pats should get a great pick, and they can trade it for more!:eek:

Just heard an outside rumor there might be an escape clause in the Alex smith contract, meaning the team might part ways with Alex Smith. I hope to God we don't start 2008 with Trent Dilfer or we are the dumbest team in America!

TheEvilDookie
12-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Good good, colts won. Dallas clark had a really good game. I'm STILL waiting for anhtony gonzalez to get his 1st TD. He had 1 today but the refs screwed him over and said it was offensive itnerference, and he didnt even touch the defender, he just faked him out pretty well xD

Orthar
12-02-2007, 10:57 PM
So far, the 49ers have topped themselves in losing to losing teams:

Lost to Rams, should've really went 0 and 2 to confirm our 0 for season
Lost to Saints, gave them life
Lost to Falcons
Lost to Panthers

Time to talk about firing Mike Nolan. Personally, I hate to say it, but if we can finish 3 and 13, no way can the Yorks retain this loser. Got to continue being anemic in the NFC.

Pats should get a great pick, and they can trade it for more!:eek:

Just heard an outside rumor there might be an escape clause in the Alex smith contract, meaning the team might part ways with Alex Smith. I hope to God we don't start 2008 with Trent Dilfer or we are the dumbest team in America!
You talk about the same **** in every post. Just bashing Mike Nolan. Guess what, it isn't his fault. Your team is injury plauged and you don't show up to play football.

AshMistyMayfan
12-04-2007, 02:16 AM
You talk about the same **** in every post. Just bashing Mike Nolan. Guess what, it isn't his fault. Your team is injury plauged and you don't show up to play football.

Hey, what does the topic say? NFL chat. I'm just saying my 2 cents worth that talk show hosts like Imus, Savage, Stern, Limbaugh, and others talk about regardless if you like them or not or never even heard of them. Not all my posts are 49er related so get some glasses when you read my posts. I'm getting a little fed up with smart alecks with nothing better to do but rile the fan in me. You don't know any facts:

QB: The 49ers do not have a decent backup when one is over his prime and can't throw, and the other has a broken finger, and the third one was put on practice squad, and Smith hasn't done anything all year.

RB: We lack a no. 2 and no. 3 RB. What happened to Clayton that had decent numbers in exhibition? Why do we hold on to lack of talent in Hicks/Robbinson? If Nolan is saying just give it to Gore...well, running it about 12 times is not giving it to your RB.

Oline: Jonas Jennings has issues, Larry Allen is too old and doing nothing, Heitmann is coming off a broken leg, Joe Staley is new and is better then K Harris, and I think Baas is playing for Smiley. Adam Snyder is in for Jennings who DOES NOT have an injury but more like no spirit to play the game.

Dline: We haven't had one in 7 years in either the 4-3, the 3-4, and the Nickel. We haven't rushed the QB unless we play a truly bad team like the Rams. That's one area we haven't fixed in years and I don't know why we keep ignoring it.

LBs: It's sad how P Willis is the only one holding it together. Everybody else like Ubrich, D Smith, Navies, get rid of them.

Secondary: Probably the only area coming along.

Special Teams: Doing a decent job.

WRs: It's either can't catch, don't play them, ignore them when you play them, it amazes me we even have exhibition if we come out of it this poorly.

It's not a case of injury that's hurting the team. It's either bad depth, terrible backups, bad coaching, or players clearly quitting.

I urge you Aiikari if you don't like it, I got 2 words for ya!

Don't read!

Orthar
12-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Hey, what does the topic say? NFL chat. I'm just saying my 2 cents worth that talk show hosts like Imus, Savage, Stern, Limbaugh, and others talk about regardless if you like them or not or never even heard of them. Not all my posts are 49er related so get some glasses when you read my posts. I'm getting a little fed up with smart alecks with nothing better to do but rile the fan in me. You don't know any facts:

QB: The 49ers do not have a decent backup when one is over his prime and can't throw, and the other has a broken finger, and the third one was put on practice squad, and Smith hasn't done anything all year.
Trent Dilfer is over his prime, but he has expirience. Alex Smith has great mechanics for a young QB, he gives you shots but he can't do it all by himself. Your O-Line needs to tough it up and give him more time to find an open reciever.

RB: We lack a no. 2 and no. 3 RB. What happened to Clayton that had decent numbers in exhibition? Why do we hold on to lack of talent in Hicks/Robbinson? If Nolan is saying just give it to Gore...well, running it about 12 times is not giving it to your RB.
Gore has been ineffective. Now, this doesn't mean that Nolan should give up on the run defense, but I can see why he would.

Oline: Jonas Jennings has issues, Larry Allen is too old and doing nothing, Heitmann is coming off a broken leg, Joe Staley is new and is better then K Harris, and I think Baas is playing for Smiley. Adam Snyder is in for Jennings who DOES NOT have an injury but more like no spirit to play the game.
I already talked about the O-Line.

WRs: It's either can't catch, don't play them, ignore them when you play them, it amazes me we even have exhibition if we come out of it this poorly.
You recievers aren't actually as bad as you think. I've seen a few big plays this season from Battle. And Ashley Lelie is simply astounding. Your problem isn't the recievers themselves, but throwing to the wrong guys.

It's not a case of injury that's hurting the team. It's either bad depth, terrible backups, bad coaching, or players clearly quitting.
Yeah, I think I pretty must just showed you how coaching isn't the problem. The whole team isn't Nolan's fault. Give it time.
I urge you Aiikari if you don't like it, I got 2 words for ya!

Don't read!

So much for not knowing facts.

pikachufan25
12-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Patriots win again, brady is breaking the passing td record set by manning a few years ago, and should win mvp. Ashmistymayfan, if you want to complain about the 49ers lack of team, look at the management, don't blaim the coach, it is partly his fault, but the owner provides money, the gm gets players and the coaches coach them, also what goes around comes around, the 49ers use to be awesome, now they are losing for all the games they won back then. Also bad picks=bad players, draft o-line, alex smith should be better than his numbers, when he can't throw, he can't complete passes.

Orthar
12-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Patriots win again, brady is breaking the passing td record set by manning a few years ago, and should win mvp. Ashmistymayfan, if you want to complain about the 49ers lack of team, look at the management, don't blaim the coach, it is partly his fault, but the owner provides money, the gm gets players and the coaches coach them, also what goes around comes around, the 49ers use to be awesome, now they are losing for all the games they won back then. Also bad picks=bad players, draft o-line, alex smith should be better than his numbers, when he can't throw, he can't complete passes.
Brady cheats. He shouldn't win MVP. He doesn't deserve it. He is way too over rated. Honestly, the guy is just surrounded by talent.

Derek Anderson for MVP. The guy shows up from no where and is automaticaly phenomanol.

Vincent_Valentine_4
12-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Brady hasn't had good WRs til this year although the Ravens did technically beat the Pats because the assistant coach can't technically call a timeout Tom Brady isn't over rated the cowboys are overrated and I am so sad about Sean Taylor I loved him he was the man.

Orthar
12-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Brady hasn't had good WRs til this year although the Ravens did technically beat the Pats because the assistant coach can't technically call a timeout Tom Brady isn't over rated the cowboys are overrated and I am so sad about Sean Taylor I loved him he was the man.
How are the Cowboys over-rated? We have stepped up to the plate in all of our games. Brady is way over rated. At least the Cowboys aren't cheaters.

Clutch
12-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Brady cheats. He shouldn't win MVP. He doesn't deserve it. He is way too over rated. Honestly, the guy is just surrounded by talent.

Derek Anderson for MVP. The guy shows up from no where and is automaticaly phenomanol.

BAHAHAHHAHA. Are you friggin' kidding me? Brady doesn't cheat. If anyone cheats, it's Bill Belicheck, and I highly doubt that information helped them anyway. He (Brady) is not overrated. He won three Super Bowl's with absolutely NO talent on their offense. Now he IS surrounded by talent, and is doing better than usual.

And, Derek Anderson? Yeah, he's good. Maybe even great. But MVP caliber? Hell no. H-E-L-L no. Yeah, he's made the Browns the great team, but not just him. Jamal Lewis has emerged from being a Pot-Head to a great Running Back. And, not just him either. Braylon Edwards is the MVP of that team. He is outstanding this year, and deserves to go to the Pro Bowl.

The only two players that I see getting MVP this year, are either Tom Brady or Randy Moss. Maybe Brett Favre, Tony Romo, or Terrell Owens. But, Derek Anderson? NOPE.

karmachameleon
12-06-2007, 10:57 PM
I can't believe the Vikings are this close to making the playoffs after starting 2-5. We have a pretty easy schedule from here, so I think there's definitely a shot.

I agree. The only reason Brady is doing this good is because of the wide receivers the Pats signed in the offseason.

Blood Red Lucario
12-06-2007, 11:57 PM
This game against the Redskins is the very last peice of hope for the Bears. If they use that beautiful offense from last weeks first drive we may have a chance. I know its not perfect but that offensive drive gave me respect for Rex Grossman again. Last year it was almost all his fault but this year we have an idiot for an offensive coordinator. If our defense can keep strong for at least three quarters we can win this game. However we will most definately lose if we don't play aggressive.

pikachu25king
12-07-2007, 12:11 AM
I hope the Redskins beat the Bears, i dont like the Bears at all, and i hope the Redskins win, for Sean Taylor.

Orthar
12-07-2007, 12:16 AM
I hope the Redskins beat the Bears, i dont like the Bears at all, and i hope the Redskins win, for Sean Taylor.
Your a week behind pal, they were supposed to win for him lastweek. It's a shame Gibbs is an idiot now.

BAHAHAHHAHA. Are you friggin' kidding me? Brady doesn't cheat. If anyone cheats, it's Bill Belicheck, and I highly doubt that information helped them anyway. He (Brady) is not overrated. He won three Super Bowl's with absolutely NO talent on their offense. Now he IS surrounded by talent, and is doing better than usual.

And, Derek Anderson? Yeah, he's good. Maybe even great. But MVP caliber? Hell no. H-E-L-L no. Yeah, he's made the Browns the great team, but not just him. Jamal Lewis has emerged from being a Pot-Head to a great Running Back. And, not just him either. Braylon Edwards is the MVP of that team. He is outstanding this year, and deserves to go to the Pro Bowl.

The only two players that I see getting MVP this year, are either Tom Brady or Randy Moss. Maybe Brett Favre, Tony Romo, or Terrell Owens. But, Derek Anderson? NOPE.

Bellicheck cheats and then feeds the info to Brady. That puts him under the cheating tree.

And I didn't say that Derek Anderson will get the MVP, but he should. He's done so much for the Browns this season and he came out of no where. Everyone expected Brady Quinn, but Anderson is playing phenomenal. There are alot more players in the NFL that deserve MVP, but never get the reckognition.

pikachu25king
12-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Who did the Redskins face, last week.

megamanxpoke
12-07-2007, 01:06 AM
The Cowboys will sweep the Super Bowl....

pikachu25king
12-07-2007, 01:42 AM
i Know i think the Cowboys will sweep every team, and win the Super Bowl.

megamanxpoke
12-07-2007, 01:58 AM
i Know i think the Cowboys will sweep every team, and win the Super Bowl.
It's totally obvious. TO is acting more mature and Tony Romo is becoming real known.

pikachu25king
12-07-2007, 02:12 AM
t.o is also doing just as good as randy moss and t.o and tony romo are a great combination

Llama Commando
12-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Isn't it obvious that the Dolphins will win the Super Bowl? Truthfully though the Pats will beat the Cowboys in a close one come February (January maybe, don't know when it is this year).

pikachu25king
12-07-2007, 02:30 AM
llama your joking right the dolphins cant even win a game

Dr Scott
12-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Yeah, I feel bad for the Bears ...

1) Good to see Rex doing ok, but then he gets hurt ...

2) Most of our D was injured, and we're just not playing like ourselves.

3) We don't have a good HB.

4) Devin Hester is insanely amazing. The man is one of a kind.

AshMistyMayfan
12-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Man if we can get a coach like the Raiders and he pulled off +2 wins for us next year, that would make me happy. Can't believe the Raiders are 4 and 8, where they should actually be 6 and 6, or 7 and 5. Too bad the other bay area team can't do anything right other then naming Dilfer their starting QB for 2008. I hope it's somebody's idea of a sick rumored joke to put Dilfer as a starting QB next year...you don't replace one idiot with another idiot...yet of course the Yorks are experts at getting the idiots to turn the 49ers the other way around like the horse's end.

Right now, my joy is the Cowboys keep rolling, the Bucs keep winning to keep Seattle pinned at no. 4 so the Hawks play Cowboys in round 2 for the playoff beating in Texas. I hope Mike Holmgren loses his job in the worse way so he can be the 49ers GM.:happy:

MaskedJackal
12-07-2007, 12:03 PM
The Cowboys will sweep the Super Bowl....

The Pats beat them once, and they will do it again. The Cowboys are a great team, but they can't contain New England's offense.

Isn't it obvious that the Dolphins will win the Super Bowl?

Of course. They have Ricky Williams. lmfao

AshMistyMayfan
12-07-2007, 07:06 PM
:confused: But isn't Ricky Williams on IR? Madden, maybe the Dolphins can win if Ricky Williams is on the Madden roster.:confused:

MagmarMan
12-07-2007, 10:08 PM
:confused: But isn't Ricky Williams on IR? Madden, maybe the Dolphins can win if Ricky Williams is on the Madden roster.:confused:

Ya, Williams went of IR right after his first game back. The Dolphins are going to need a few years to rebuild, no matter what. They might be able to contend in 5 or so years (at the earliest).

TheEvilDookie
12-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Did anyone see the game last night? I feel sooo bad for Jason Cambell. He looked like he was in so much pain. There were far too many injuries last night... :(

MustangGT
12-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Did anyone see the game last night? I feel sooo bad for Jason Cambell. He looked like he was in so much pain. There were far too many injuries last night... :(

I saw Grossman and Campbell go down.

Campbell has a busted knee, garuntee. Knees dont go backwards and sideways. Did you see him grab it while he was on the ground? It was like his knee cap was on the side.

pikachu25king
12-08-2007, 12:40 AM
i would like opinions, who will win this sunday, patriots, or the steelers.

TheEvilDookie
12-08-2007, 12:43 AM
i would like opinions, who will win this sunday, patriots, or the steelers.
not really as much as opinions as thoughts. I think if the Pats team from the past 2 weeks comes to play then the steelers will win. But if the earlier season pats come and the steelers are at the top of their game, I cant decide... I'm expecting to see a game similar the the colts vs. pats earlier this season, but with different turnouts.

Dr Scott
12-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Honestly, if the Pats win there will be a lot of people who have problems with it.

And that would be because of the whole scandal from this year & last, along with the whole jerky running up the score thing they do.

So really, if the Pats win it's like Barry Bonds with all his home runs.

Orthar
12-08-2007, 02:24 AM
Honestly, if the Pats win there will be a lot of people who have problems with it.

And that would be because of the whole scandal from this year & last, along with the whole jerky running up the score thing they do.

Amen to that Scott.

Seriously, that's what I've been trying to say.

pikachu25king
12-08-2007, 02:26 AM
I dont really like the patriots, and do you guys know who, the cowboys rivals are, besides the giants

Orthar
12-08-2007, 02:27 AM
I dont really like the patriots, and do you guys know who, the cowboys rivals are, besides the giants
There are too many to name. Alot of teams are our rivals.

pikachu25king
12-08-2007, 02:58 AM
i guess you are right like on the battle center like the clans have rivals i believe

TheEvilDookie
12-08-2007, 03:03 AM

Other than the Giants? The Redskins and Eagles. I don't think teams really have rivals from the other conference, only competitiveness and tension when certain matchups come along.

pikachu25king
12-08-2007, 03:15 AM
like the patriots and the colts or patriots and the steelers

SHADOW SWORD
12-08-2007, 04:20 AM
I just don't see the lions making the playoffs now with a record of 6-6..

AshMistyMayfan
12-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Man, I just heard the Saints just lost Reggie Bush for the season! Talk about a double edged sword to lose McAllister and then Bush...there goes the old 1-2 RB for the saints and their playoffs.:eek:

MustangGT
12-08-2007, 05:16 PM

And what was bonds just indited(sp?) for? Lying about steroids. LO freakin L
I just don't see the lions making the playoffs now with a record of 6-6..
I want to see that happen. Kitna promised us 10 wins! He better deliver. But in the end, the lions havent won 6 games in a season since like 2000, so this is going to be considered a succesful season no matter how its looked upon. I have a Restore The Roar hat from the 91 playoffs. I wasn't even alive yet. They need a Restore The Roar '06.

Yes, I'm a lions fan.

MagmarMan
12-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Man, I just heard the Saints just lost Reggie Bush for the season! Talk about a double edged sword to lose McAllister and then Bush...there goes the old 1-2 RB for the saints and their playoffs.:eek:

Bush just isn't a feature running back. He's a good pass catcher and a playmaker but without McAllister, he can't handle the load. I'm not saying that loosing Bush is a good thing, but it's also not the worst. Saints are out of the playoffs anyway, in my opinion.

Linoone
12-08-2007, 07:15 PM

NO WAI! >:O
How did we lose him for the season?! He never got hurt?

MagmarMan
12-08-2007, 07:28 PM
NO WAI! >:O
How did we lose him for the season?! He never got hurt?

Bush has a torn PCL muscle and is very likely to be shutdown for the rest of the season.

AshMistyMayfan
12-09-2007, 04:40 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d804e416e&template=with-video&confirm=true

Posted: 6 hours 58 minutes ago
Saints' Bush has partially torn knee ligament, will not play
Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS -- New Orleans Saints running back Reggie Bush will not play on Monday night against the Atlanta Falcons because of a knee injury.

Bush had been listed as questionable after an MRI exam this week indicated a partially torn left knee ligament. The team did not comment on Saturday about Bush's prospects for the rest of the season.

Bush became the Saints' featured running back when a knee injury ended Deuce McAllister's season in the third week. Bush has scored six touchdowns with 581 yards rushing and 417 yards receiving.

With Bush out, Jamaal Branch, Aaron Stecker and rookie Pierre Thomas will see time at running back. Thomas returned to practice on Friday following a kidney bruise.

The Saints (5-7) have a slim chance at an NFC wild-card spot.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press.

pikachu25king
12-10-2007, 02:18 AM
what do you guys think the super bowl matchup will be

Linoone
12-10-2007, 02:28 AM
Prolly the Patriots and..I am not sure 'bout the other team.

MagmarMan
12-10-2007, 02:33 AM
what do you guys think the super bowl matchup will be

I'll go with the Cowboys and the Patriots.

pikachu25king
12-10-2007, 03:12 AM
i give the cowboys and the patriots

SpaceUnicorn
12-10-2007, 03:22 AM
Dallas barely got away with a win today, they won with 17 seconds left in the game. I see them playing the Patriots in the super bowl.

AshMistyMayfan
12-10-2007, 07:12 AM
Man, Tony Romo is going to be the QB that Alex Smith may never be on the 49ers. I can't wait for the end of the season where I can root for Green Bay or Dallas to rid Seattle out of the playoffs. I hope it's -22 in Green Bay.:crackup:

I liked Dallas' win today, that was awesome. I just wish my stupid region showed it instead of the quality crap from the Raiders at 10 and 49ers at 1 PST.:sad: NFL should change the regional rules fast! Wish the bucs beat Texans, that just hurts to go down to no. 4, where Seattle should be so they get Dallas in the rematch I want. I don't see Giants or Vikings going anywhere in the playoffs for NFC.

pikachu25king
12-10-2007, 10:35 PM
im going with the dallas cowboys to go to the super bowl, becuase tony romo improved from last year

Dancing Mad
12-11-2007, 02:01 AM
Who here thinks the Broncos still have a shot at the playoffs? I do.

MagmarMan
12-11-2007, 02:15 AM
Who here thinks the Broncos still have a shot at the playoffs? I do.

I really think they're out. The Chargers are playing strong and are probably going to win the division.

Jacksonville is a good team (and my favorite) and they'll get into the playoffs as a Wild Card team (I don't think they'll do that much after that but at least we're in).

I think that Cleveland will take the final Wild Card spot. They have a good offense and a pretty good defense.

pikachu25king
12-11-2007, 02:24 AM
even if the broncos do make it to the playoffs they wont get far

karmachameleon
12-11-2007, 02:33 AM
Even though AD had like 3 yards, the Vikes still won and now have the second Wild Card spot in the NFC. It would be so great if we got to face the Browns in the Super Bowl.

Clutch
12-11-2007, 03:32 AM
NFC Conference Playoffs: Green Bay @ Dallas
Winner: Dallas Cowboys

AFC Conference Playoffs: Jacksonville @ New England
Winner: New England Patriots

Super Bowl: Dallas vs. New England

Those are my predictions. :]

Also, the day the Patriots lose a game will be the day Miami wins a game.
Another prediction.

pikachu25king
12-11-2007, 09:23 PM
I think the patriots will win the super bowl but as long as my team gets to the super bowl

MagmarMan
12-11-2007, 09:37 PM
NFC Conference Playoffs: Green Bay @ Dallas
Winner: Dallas Cowboys

AFC Conference Playoffs: Jacksonville @ New England

Super Bowl: Dallas vs. New England

Those are my predictions. :]

Also, the day the Patriots lose a game will be the day Miami wins a game.
Another prediction.

Thanks for putting the Jags that far! They're my favorite team and even I didn't think we'd make the AFC Championship (I know it's not for real but it just makes me happy to see someone say that:biggrin:).

I agree with everything (The Jags may not make it but that's it). It will be the Cowboys and the Pats and the Pats will win.

pikachu25king
12-11-2007, 10:09 PM
sorry about this but shouldnt the nfl chat room should be a sticky

MagmarMan
12-11-2007, 10:36 PM
sorry about this but shouldnt the nfl chat room should be a sticky

That would be a good idea but maybe they want it to die out and start a new thread when the next year begins? Wouldn't do a lot of good as a sticky during the off-season...

pikachufan25
12-12-2007, 03:37 AM
As I saw in a picture in a newspaper yesterday for the patriots, 13 and 0, 6 to go, these guys could be the best team EVER with brady having one of the best years EVER for any position, and Moss is even going to brake a jerry rice record(1 down, still has 22-25 though) The patriots probably won't win the super bowl, some injury to someone somewhere, but if no injuries, super bowl is all theirs. GO NE.

pikachu25king
12-12-2007, 08:42 PM
I cant see them as the best team ever, but this year they are.

Orthar
12-13-2007, 12:53 AM
As I saw in a picture in a newspaper yesterday for the patriots, 13 and 0, 6 to go, these guys could be the best team EVER with brady having one of the best years EVER for any position, and Moss is even going to brake a jerry rice record(1 down, still has 22-25 though) The patriots probably won't win the super bowl, some injury to someone somewhere, but if no injuries, super bowl is all theirs. GO NE.
They are a good team, but the best ever? I doubt it. This is how I see it playing out, if New England is undeafeted and Miami is still winless, Miami will come out victorious since they want it more.

Dallas should gain a win on Sunday, I don't remember who we are playing but as of now, I honestly don't care. 12-1 baby.

MagmarMan
12-13-2007, 01:49 AM

Honestly, best team ever? I think that the 15-1 Bears (1985) would be able to beat them. They had the, without a question, best defense in the modern era (good enough to stop the Pats offense). They would be able to get only a few points on offense, but that would be all that it would take with their defense.

I'm not saying that the '85 Bears are the best team ever, I'm just saying that they would be able to beat the Pats.

Dr Scott
12-13-2007, 05:43 AM
Once again, calling the Pats the best is like calling Barry Bonds the best home run hitter.

See, Babe Ruth did it without steroids, therefore the record should stay his.

The Pats have cheated, and they might still be for all we know. Therefore they shouldn't be called the 'best.'

Oh, and this (http://www.thebrushback.com/grossman_full.htm) is from last year. I found it hilarious.

Yes, I realize it's fake and a joke

MagmarMan
12-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Once again, calling the Pats the best is like calling Barry Bonds the best home run hitter.

See, Babe Ruth did it without steroids, therefore the record should stay his.

The Pats have cheated, and they might still be for all we know. Therefore they shouldn't be called the 'best.'

Oh, and this (http://www.thebrushback.com/grossman_full.htm) is from last year. I found it hilarious.

Yes, I realize it's fake and a joke

One of the things that I think was blown up about Spygate was the fact that the Pats were caught at half-time of the first game. They've played extremely well all season (ok, they squeaked by a few ones but you get the point) and I think that their record is legitimate.

I'm not calling them the best team ever, see my earlier post.

AshMistyMayfan
12-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks for putting the Jags that far! They're my favorite team and even I didn't think we'd make the AFC Championship (I know it's not for real but it just makes me happy to see someone say that:biggrin:).

I agree with everything (The Jags may not make it but that's it). It will be the Cowboys and the Pats and the Pats will win.

I disagree for the Rams/Titans met. Titans won, then in the Superbowl rematch, the Rams won. Why was that? Because the Rams met Titans previously and got film they needed to help beat them. I feel Dallas will break the NFC jinx and win the Superbowl. I feel that game against New England will motivate Dallas to do better if they get to the Superbowl.

High school game: Novato and Del Norte last year, Novato blew out Del Norte. This year, Novato only beat Del Norte by 4 because Del Norte learned from their mistakes. Dallas can learn from their mistakes.

Shael
12-14-2007, 07:40 AM
I had high hopes for the Lions this year.

But they pulled a Lions..

(okay the season isn't over yet and we're in the NFC so we still have a chance at the playoffs, but losing 5 games in a row isn't really a good sign. They did put up a good fight against the Cowboys though)

MaskedJackal
12-14-2007, 11:21 AM

(okay the season isn't over yet and we're in the NFC so we still have a chance at the playoffs, but losing 5 games in a row isn't really a good sign. They did put up a good fight against the Cowboys though)

Yeah same. I thought they were gonna actually make the playoffs even. They're still the Lions though. ;_;

Orthar
12-15-2007, 03:31 AM

You played the Cowboys in one of their worst games. Our defense played piss-poor, so don't flatter yourself saying you put up a good fight. You couldn't get it done.

AshMistyMayfan
12-15-2007, 04:13 AM
Well the 49ers pulled a 49ers, and that was by week 6 just like last year. We got beat just like last year to winning/losing/anemic teams. I'll be so happy by January 1, 2008 that Mike Nolan is FIRED! Mike Nolan is the diseased tree that must be removed. And I still hope John York sells the team.

TheEvilDookie
12-16-2007, 09:21 PM
OMG, did anyone see what I just saw? The Miami Dolphins just won! hahahahahhaa. That must be horrible for the Ravens though.

MagmarMan
12-16-2007, 09:24 PM
OMG, did anyone see what I just saw? The Miami Dolphins just won! hahahahahhaa. That must be horrible for the Ravens though.

Dude, I can't believe that Matt Stover missed that 44-yard field goal to give Miami the chance. Then a touchdown pass from Cleo Lemon..... I really wanted Miami to to winless..... Oh well....

pikachufan25
12-17-2007, 12:17 AM
I can't believe the dolphins won, that makes me so upset:sad: and depressed, at least my pats are still undefeted.

pikachu25king
12-17-2007, 02:04 AM
Well, i never want to see any team go 0-16.

TheEvilDookie
12-17-2007, 02:23 AM
I can't believe the dolphins won, that makes me so upset:sad: and depressed, at least my pats are still undefeted.
Typical attitude of a pats fan to want nothing but losses from other teams. Just keep in mind, going undefeated means nothing unless you win the superbowl, and looking at how things are going, they will definitely lose one of those games
Well, i never want to see any team go 0-16.

Ya, when you see a team continuously lose, you gotta feel somewhat bad for them.

Orthar
12-17-2007, 03:37 AM
Dallas got nailed with injuries, and Romo and T.O didn't play well. I guess it doesn't help to much when you start getting a rhythem, and then sprain your thumb. A tough loss for Dallas, but we still hold the tie-breaker against Green Bay so I'm not worried about our playoff situation. I am worried about Romo, and our starters though. I think we should bench our starters these last two days, some are getting pretty beat up and you want to be healthy in the play offs. I would especially bench Romo, he is a key component. I have faith in our veteran backup Brad Johnson. I believe he could get us those last two wins.

AshMistyMayfan
12-17-2007, 03:44 AM
I can't believe the 49ers beat the bengals. I think officiating gave the 49ers the game for Chad Johnson caught that ball for a TD. I disagree on Dallas: If Green bay loses next week, then you can bench your starters. You don't want to be no. 2 going to Lambeau, you want Green bay to go on the road. Glad Miami won. I was hoping the Raiders would knock off the Colts today.

If you want consolation, the 49ers may be the ones going 0 and 16 when we play NFC East/AFC East, those 8 teams plus the crap division should put us at 0 and 14 and then we have the North/South matchup. That's why I hope we fire Nolan.

Orthar
12-17-2007, 02:37 PM
I can't believe the 49ers beat the bengals. I think officiating gave the 49ers the game for Chad Johnson caught that ball for a TD. I disagree on Dallas: If Green bay loses next week, then you can bench your starters. You don't want to be no. 2 going to Lambeau, you want Green bay to go on the road. Glad Miami won. I was hoping the Raiders would knock off the Colts today.

If you want consolation, the 49ers may be the ones going 0 and 16 when we play NFC East/AFC East, those 8 teams plus the crap division should put us at 0 and 14 and then we have the North/South matchup. That's why I hope we fire Nolan.
Personally, I just think your QB got it done. He looked good in the pocket, calm and effective.

pikachufan25
12-18-2007, 12:38 AM
[QUOTE=TheEvilDookie;1904641]Typical attitude of a pats fan to want nothing but losses from other teams. Just keep in mind, going undefeated means nothing unless you win the superbowl, and looking at how things are going, they will definitely lose one of those games

I'm upset, because it was funny how in the same divison, you had one team undefeated and one team who couldn't win a game, I also understand the thing about the super bowl and undefeated, the pats will lose some where, too much presssure to win, and why would I want everyone to lose, only new england opponents, and no one can say they don't want the team to win over over the team their facing.

Orthar
12-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Cowboy's Probowl Selections:

(** denotes starter)

** Terrell Owens, WR (sixth selection)
** Flozell Adams, T (fourth selection)
** Jason Witten, TE (fourth selection)
** DeMarcus Ware, LB (second selection)
** Andre Gurode, C (second selection)
** Leonard Davis, G (first selection)
** Nick Folk, K (first selection)
Tony Romo, QB (second selection)
Marion Barber, RB (first selection)
Ken Hamlin, S (first selection)
Terence Newman, CB (first selection)

(First-alternates)
Roy Williams, S
Greg Ellis, LB
Keith Davis, ST
Mat McBriar, P

Whoo baby, how 'bout 'dem Cowboys! If you didn't bother to count, there's 11 making the trip. That ties the all time record.

MaskedJackal
12-20-2007, 12:16 PM

Yeah, it sucked being a Ravens fan that day.

Also, I happened to catch the Lions game. LOL! I can't believe they started 6-2.

AshMistyMayfan
12-20-2007, 06:09 PM
I got the Packers/Rams, what joy that was.:sad:

P WILLY in Pro Bowl next to Andy Lee.:happy:

The sporting editor of the IJ is going on vacation, I'm going to get a letter posted abolishing the NFL's so called region rule so that my region can get better quality games on Sundays.

MaskedJackal
12-21-2007, 12:08 PM
The Steelers won last night, but Willie Parker's got a broken leg now.

Also, I know this isn't the NCAA thread, but Utah beat Navy in the Poinsettia Bowl.

AshMistyMayfan
12-22-2007, 06:54 AM
Wow, I never seen so many RBs winding up on IR this year!:eek: And a few QBs have been banged up as well like Leinart and DelHomme! 2007 is unforgettable this year!

Blood Red Lucario
12-24-2007, 01:17 AM
The Bears may not be going to the playoffs but that blowout on the Packers sure feels good. Man that game was cold too I had gloves on yet my hands were still freezing.

Brian Urlacher with that long run from an interception shows that he should have been voted for the pro bowl.

MaskedJackal
12-24-2007, 02:04 AM
The Bears may not be going to the playoffs but that blowout on the Packers sure feels good. Man that game was cold too I had gloves on yet my hands were still freezing.

Brian Urlacher with that long run from an interception shows that he should have been voted for the pro bowl.

I think the wind may have had a lot to do with it. Green Bay doesn't really have a running game, and that's what killed them.

Blood Red Lucario
12-24-2007, 02:21 AM
I think the wind may have had a lot to do with it. Green Bay doesn't really have a running game, and that's what killed them.

Yeah the wind did play a big factor in that game. The Bears really can stop a run when they know it's needed.During the end of halftime Robbie Gould tried a 45 yard kick but a wall of air made it short just by a half inch. Plus for once the Bear's running ame was fuctional. It's been a long time sice I've seen a long run on our highight reel.

AshMistyMayfan
12-24-2007, 06:43 AM
Well, Mike Nolan's job might have been saved. That just sucks to be a 49er fan right now. I see 8 games blacked out in 2008 as a means of protest on the Yorks in the ongoing war to make them sell the team.

Damnit, why did Nolan have to wait until our season was in the crapper to put in Shaun Hill? I'm so infuriated about our win right now because Jon Gruden gave the freaking game to us by taking Garcia out. And we don't get to play the Bucs at all next year for they get Seattle, that just sucks!

2008 for 49ers:NFCE/AFCE/Det/Car/pathetic division. Hello 2 and 14 with Mike Nolan.:goofy:

moo-moo
12-26-2007, 09:37 PM
You gotta b kiddin Patriots! I hope they finally lose some games.

pikachufan25
12-27-2007, 02:22 AM
Did anyone else hear that the patriots game this sunday against the giants is being shown on nbc and cbs, now more people can watch the patriots go undefeated.

AshMistyMayfan
12-27-2007, 08:14 AM
That's how NFL Network should be being broadcasted to let viewers see this game. Be too obvious though with New England. I got hope somebody like Jax may knock them out of the playoffs.

pikachu25king
12-27-2007, 03:46 PM
That's how NFL Network should be being broadcasted to let viewers see this game. Be too obvious though with New England. I got hope somebody like Jax may knock them out of the playoffs.

the jags have a good chance, becuase the patriots cant stop the run, which the jags are good at that.

as260191
12-27-2007, 03:47 PM
The Marijuana Vikings have had a 2nd player busted in less than a month for the Wacky Tobacky.

TheEvilDookie
12-27-2007, 04:25 PM
The Marijuana Vikings have had a 2nd player busted in less than a month for the Wacky Tobacky.
You couldve said the exact thing without the reference of drugs in your post
the jags have a good chance, becuase the patriots cant stop the run, which the jags are good at that.

I've been predicting this for so long now. The steelers are gonna be in the #4 seed, and the jags in the top wildcard position. The jags will win and the chargers will win. Itll be jags at pats and chargers at colts. The jags will beat the pats and go to the AFC championship against the colts. Thats as far as ive predicted.

karmachameleon
12-29-2007, 11:54 PM

Sucks cause it was Darrion Scott, our best backup DT. Good thing he was already injured, though.

The Vikes need a Redskins loss (basically impossible) and a win in Denver to get the last wild card spot. GO COWBOYS!