PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars TV series

Tamer Marco
08-11-2007, 04:43 PM
I've heard rumors(just rumors people) that Lucasfilm is teaming with a TV corporation to make a Star Wars TV show. If it does happen, i'll be so psyched I might die. :P

If you were a writer to the show, what would you have your favorite Star Wars character do? Would you make it in a different era, or would you do something totally unique?

Electric27
08-11-2007, 04:51 PM
i would make a jedi named ace larcentas a sentinal with two lightsabers yellow and green
it would be before the strong republic with planets like nar shadaa manaan kyshayyk korriban dantooine tatooine and places like that

Sceptile Frost
08-11-2007, 04:55 PM
There's a 3D Star Wars: Clone Wars, which continues the animated series, and then there's a live-action series for the Force Legacy Multimedia project - it's set between Epis III and IV. It's coming out in 2009, at least as of now.

I would tie up the loose ends with Shaak Ti, Assaj Ventress, and the other characters that survived the Purge but don't appear Post-Yavin. Other than that... Obi-Wan has a few adventures in between the two episodes, as do a bunch of other jedi, most of them who are betrayed or captured and killed by Vader. So, there's a lot of stuff to work at in between the episodes.

Tamer Marco
08-11-2007, 05:00 PM
If I had my way, i'd make a miniseries explaining how the humans got free from the Infinite Empire. Before the Jedi and everything, there was a dark sided race of monsters that had control over all of the empire and made everything else their slaves. (look up Infinite Empire in Wikipedia for more info)

But during the actual episodes, I agree with Sceptile Frost.

Electric27
08-11-2007, 05:02 PM
basically i would base it of of knights of the old republic with the sith and the old republic

Lucavi
08-11-2007, 05:19 PM
If I had my way, i'd make a miniseries explaining how the humans got free from the Infinite Empire. Before the Jedi and everything, there was a dark sided race of monsters that had control over all of the empire and made everything else their slaves. (look up Infinite Empire in Wikipedia for more info).

This is explained in KotoR 1.

As for the original idea, i'm not really sure. I personally enjoy reading the comics and the essential guides rather than sticking with a tv show that will most likely end up with retarded voice actors or something like that.

Tamer Marco
08-11-2007, 05:28 PM
This is explained in KotoR 1.

As for the original idea, i'm not really sure. I personally enjoy reading the comics and the essential guides rather than sticking with a tv show that will most likely end up with retarded voice actors or something like that.
I never got to finish Kotor1. <_<

And even still, I can't find a place where they would sell Star Wars comics. Even so, i'd still like for them to at least experiment with a live action TV show to see how it would work.

Lucavi
08-11-2007, 05:32 PM
I never got to finish Kotor1. <_<

And even still, I can't find a place where they would sell Star Wars comics. Even so, i'd still like for them to at least experiment with a live action TV show to see how it would work.

You never got to Rakata Prime?

It's a pity you can't get the comics; i'd recommend them for anyone who can buy them anywhere. I for once would watch the tv series when released, but i just have a feeling i'll be dissapointed...

Tamer Marco
08-11-2007, 05:38 PM
No, I got past Revan's dream in Dantooine, and then the disc stopped playing.

Even if the TV show may be a little disapointing, it could spawn more things. And who knows, something could be good.

Charbok
08-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Sadly, your fantasies of how you think it might be are in vain for the story is already set.

It takes place between Sith and Star Wars and shows the building of the rebellion. It will have new faces, as well as a few of the actors from the movies such as Jimmy Smits (Bail Organa) and the crazy guy that played Tarkin at the end of Sith.

Tamer Marco
08-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Oh well. I thought they would do something a little bit more creative.

But wait, isn't The Force Unleashed video game tackling the same territory? :/

Lucavi
08-11-2007, 05:51 PM
It takes place between Sith and Star Wars and shows the building of the rebellion.

Ugh, that's a horrible time for a series, as there are a buckload of novels during that era. I'm wondering why they don't use the old republic time, it has so much potential =/

Charbok
08-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Oh well. I thought they would do something a little bit more creative.

But wait, isn't The Force Unleashed video game tackling the same territory? :/

Yes, but TFU doesn't actually follow the correct storyline as far as Lucas is concerned. Vader wasn't supposed to have a secret apprentice, but it makes a good storyline.

Ugh, that's a horrible time for a series, as there are a buckload of novels during that era. I'm wondering why they don't use the old republic time, it has so much potential =/

I think the goal was to have Lucas involved in making the storyline for that era because the authors, however amazing those books are, don't have the authority that GL does. This is going to be the "official" storyline for that time perioid. I do hope that he follows the books though.

Lucavi
08-11-2007, 06:00 PM
I think the goal was to have Lucas involved in making the storyline for that era because the authors, however amazing those books are, don't have the authority that GL does. This is going to be the "official" storyline for that time perioid. I do hope that he follows the books though.

Maybe, but the books are c-canon already, they may have not been written by anyone from LA but they certainly are accepted as official history. I fear the same, though, we'll get into more contradictions for messing into an era that has too much information already

Sceptile Frost
08-12-2007, 03:44 PM
The Force Unleashed is a whole mega project... this is just one part of it.

Tamer Marco
08-12-2007, 04:25 PM
I wanted the project to honestly be before the New Republic too. Or after the fall of the Empire.

AshMistyMayfan
08-12-2007, 07:54 PM
I've heard rumors(just rumors people) that Lucasfilm is teaming with a TV corporation to make a Star Wars TV show. If it does happen, i'll be so psyched I might die. :P

If you were a writer to the show, what would you have your favorite Star Wars character do? Would you make it in a different era, or would you do something totally unique?

I never thought a Star Trek Next Generation, Voyager, and one more Star Trek series (on Sci FI now) could be made from Star Trek the original, but it worked for them. As a writer, I"d bring up the Borg in being superiors to the Emperor. The Star Wars show might be Battlestar Galactic like because something has worked to generate a 3rd season on Sci Fi.

Maybe team Star Trek/Battlestar on occasion in a few epic battles.

Tory vs Meaty II
08-13-2007, 08:02 PM
My favorite character is that tall gater guy.