PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Cloning Glitch Found!

Lord Celebi
02-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Can I clone Pokemon?
YES! It has been discovered that if you trade a Pokemon from R/S to Colo, and turn R/S off before it saves, you will have that Pokemon on Colosseum and it will still be on R/S. When R/S Says the file's Corrupted, you open up the backup file, and you should have that Pokemon traded to Colo still on your file.
Game FAQS topic for Refrence: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/ge...&topic=15882305

Discuss the Newly found glitch I added to my FAQ here.

paperfairy
02-09-2005, 01:50 AM
The gfaqs link doesn't work. Could you fix it?

BTW, sweet glitch!

-PF

Thoughts: Clone ubers!!!

thunder_pikachu
02-09-2005, 01:54 AM
Does it work with fire red and leaf green? :cry: I still cant beat nascour so I cant do the glitch

Lord Celebi
02-09-2005, 01:58 AM
Does it work with fire red and leaf green? :cry: I still cant beat nascour so I cant do the glitch
I have no idea. The Q has been popped 3 Times...

Just go to Pokemon Colosseum under Game Cube, and go to Message Boards. Then you should find the topic. I have yet to try it though.

TMTS
02-09-2005, 02:03 AM
It's so much like that old red/blue thing, you'd think they would have already figured that out already... XP wither way nice find. :eh: Not that I'm going to do that. :confused: Too.... strange.

Lord Celebi
02-09-2005, 02:07 AM
It's so much like that old red/blue thing, you'd think they would have already figured that out already... XP wither way nice find. :eh: Not that I'm going to do that. :confused: Too.... strange.Actually, it differs from Red/Blue. Lemme explain why it works.
Colo has the Pokemon.
By turning it off Midsave, it corrupts the R/S/E/FR/LG (YEs, I found out it works in FR/LG), so it opens up the file you saved before your last save.

Also, the topic on Game FAQS is called "Hehe.....You won't believe what I found..."
(No " " Marks)

thunder_pikachu
02-09-2005, 02:33 AM
The only thing stoping me from doing the glitch is that i cant beat nascour.

TMTS
02-09-2005, 02:38 AM
Actually, it differs from Red/Blue. Lemme explain why it works.
Colo has the Pokemon.
By turning it off Midsave, it corrupts the R/S/E/FR/LG (YEs, I found out it works in FR/LG), so it opens up the file you saved before your last save.

Also, the topic on Game FAQS is called "Hehe.....You won't believe what I found..."
(No " " Marks)
AHHHH... program loophole... VERY sneakey...

Wow. That almost makes sense to my little brain.... :eh:

thunder_pikachu
02-09-2005, 02:45 AM
Well there finally is a glitch. I've been trying to find some.

Thanatos
02-09-2005, 04:48 AM
TP, Glitches are bad.

Does it surprise you though? You can use the master ball again and again, I mean, whats the point? Obviously, Colloseum has a lot of glitches...

thunder_pikachu
02-09-2005, 12:39 PM
TP, Glitches are bad.

Does it surprise you though? You can use the master ball again and again, I mean, whats the point? Obviously, Colloseum has a lot of glitches...
Not all glitches are bad how about the mew glitch in r/b?

thepokingmaster123
02-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Not all glitches are bad how about the mew glitch in r/b?

Tecnically, if you know how to, you can manipulate the glitch to catch ANY r/b poke. And, that makes the glich even better.

Thanatos
02-09-2005, 09:03 PM
But glitches take the hard part out of the game. If you can catch anything, and raise it to level 100 with the Rare Candy cheat, then you've got no effort put in...

TMTS
02-09-2005, 10:28 PM
True, Thantos, but their EV's and whatever will be shot, and they won't be very good in the first place... :confused:

paperfairy
02-10-2005, 05:53 PM
True TMTS, but most of the Pokemon community have no idea what EVs ARE. And who does competitive battling ANYWAYS IRL? Most only do it over the net.

-PF

Thoughts: *clones his FR team*

Absolution
02-10-2005, 09:52 PM
And who does competitive battling ANYWAYS IRL?

::raises hand::

Lord Celebi
02-10-2005, 10:31 PM
True TMTS, but most of the Pokemon community have no idea what EVs ARE. And who does competitive battling ANYWAYS IRL? Most only do it over the net.

-PF

Thoughts: *clones his FR team*
I have many a-rival in my area. I don't really EV train, I just leave that ot my Pokemon, but they're still pretty strong
*Trains master Water Team*

Pidgeot79
02-14-2005, 06:13 AM
OMG,my brother just started a new file right when I discover this!I guess I have to wait until we beat it again.

Steven
02-15-2005, 08:32 AM
I like how pokemon can hold items now too. Makes copying pokemon so much more sweeter. Especially pokemon that you start training EVs. If you mess up, you can always try again. lol... like that'll ever happen.

rainfall
02-17-2005, 08:02 AM
the r/b/y glitch was hilarious...catching level 200+ starmies etc.

yeah, this glitch is wicked. time to duplicate choicebands and sooth bells.

paperfairy
02-17-2005, 05:16 PM
I totally forgot about cloning items!

*clones a bunch of TMs*

-PF

Thoughts: Hoorah for glitches!!

Finch
02-17-2005, 05:28 PM
::raises hand::

I'd raise my hand too but... er... well even though I EV train and make great competitive battling pokemon, I only play in game on ruby, FR and colosseum really... :goofy:

Lone Eevee
02-17-2005, 09:26 PM
im sorry i dont understand u will have a copy of the pokemon in each game is taht what ur saying. Where will it be in the pc? Im confused :eek:

Kento Kasha
02-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Did anyone ever think about this?

If the glitch corrupts your file, maybe it's corrupted in the way that a Shark or AR edit corrupts. If that's the case, I remember somewhere I read that a representative who examined a Sharked pak of a competitior told him that he couldn't compete because of it and that his file would erase in a few months.

If this is a possibility, some people might not want to do this.

Lord Celebi
02-23-2005, 01:46 AM
im sorry i dont understand u will have a copy of the pokemon in each game is taht what ur saying. Where will it be in the pc? Im confused :eek:
I will be whereever it was 2 saves ago, and one will be on Colosseum in your party.
Did anyone ever think about this?

If the glitch corrupts your file, maybe it's corrupted in the way that a Shark or AR edit corrupts. If that's the case, I remember somewhere I read that a representative who examined a Sharked pak of a competitior told him that he couldn't compete because of it and that his file would erase in a few months.

If this is a possibility, some people might not want to do this.
Nope. All it does is screws up your most recent save file. It opens up your second most recent save file after that, and you're fine. Does it say yuor file's corrupted when you shark something? No.

Finch
02-24-2005, 10:48 AM
You should be careful when corrupting your file that the game has backed up the data you wanted it to, though..

Lone Eevee
02-24-2005, 02:51 PM
You should be careful when corrupting your file that the game has backed up the data you wanted it to, though..

I dont think i will be doing this 'glitch' as what i dont wait is for it to miss up my gba game and also i rather to it the proper no glitch way as then i dont feel like im cheating the game. Well tahst my opioion. I hope the next pkmn cube game doesnt have as many glitches ( keep the masterball one in lol )

Finch
02-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Well yeah, unlimited masterballs sucks. It's a lot more satisfying to catch a legendary in an ultra ball than a masterball. Since the point of the game is to catch and train things, it sucks if you can catch them without trying.

Wynautfan
03-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Keep in mind, however, that you can't use the Master Ball glitch until you actually GET a Master Ball, which is pretty late in the game.

lavita.larvitaristhebest
05-02-2005, 09:35 PM
TP, Glitches are bad.

okay cant you tell me some more glitches then? (i already know the ball and the clone glitch)

lavita.larvitaristhebest
05-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Keep in mind, however, that you can't use the Master Ball glitch until you actually GET a Master Ball, which is pretty late in the game.
yeah but u can use the ball glitch on all balls...

LS
06-24-2005, 09:54 AM
But when its saving your saving will corrupt and you cant trade any more cause it happend to me

Kayden Javlaíakín
06-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Don't post in threads over 2 weeks old. It's reviving.

Pika57
06-26-2005, 04:18 PM
In R/B/Y I once had aPokemon duplicated when one of my friends games ran out of Batteries causing the glitch to activate. All that happens is you lose the pokemno you didn't clone and its gone for good.

Angelic Kitsune
06-26-2005, 11:49 PM
Don't post in threads over 2 weeks old. It's reviving.
What she said.

mlugia
06-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Then why are you saying it? ._.

*closing*