PDA

View Full Version : Add/Remove Programs Error?

BeserkerFury
08-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Ok, when I go to remove a program at the add remove programs thing, it never say "Change/Remove" anymore, what can I do?

Kayden Javlaíakín
08-18-2007, 02:23 AM
Ok, when I go to remove a program at the add remove programs thing, it never say "Change/Remove" anymore, what can I do?
Err, there must REALLY be something wrong with the Windows registry if that's happening.

Go here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314481). I'm too lazy to post the whole thing here. :P

Hope that helps you. But remember that you'll need administrative access to do this, assuming you're using WinXP.

EDIT: Okay, I've tested it with one of my disposable programs, and it works, just so you feel more comfortable doing this.

BeserkerFury
08-18-2007, 02:28 AM
Err, there must REALLY be something wrong with the Windows registry if that's happening.

Go here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314481). I'm too lazy to post the whole thing here. :P

Hope that helps you. But remember that you'll need administrative access to do this, assuming you're using WinXP.

Yeah, ever since I got Photoshop it started to magorly mess up. But thanks, and I have XP, I'm to lazy to find my Vista disc(No, really, it's somewhere in my room..) And I do have adminastrative access =D I'll edit this to say if it works, unless you/someone else posts first xD

Kayden Javlaíakín
08-18-2007, 02:32 AM
Yeah, ever since I got Photoshop it started to magorly mess up. But thanks, and I have XP, I'm to lazy to find my Vista disc(No, really, it's somewhere in my room..) And I do have adminastrative access =D I'll edit this to say if it works, unless you/someone else posts first xD
Well, I just posted an edit that says it works in the post directly above yours. It's just always a good precaution to back up before making registry modifications in case something were to happen, but it shouldn't as long as you aren't being stupid and following the directions. You shouldn't have a problem. :)

BeserkerFury
08-18-2007, 02:35 AM
Well, I just posted an edit that says it works in the post directly above yours. It's just always a good precaution to back up before making registry modifications in case something were to happen, but it shouldn't as long as you aren't being stupid and following the directions. You shouldn't have a problem. :)

Erm... Backup? I'll follow the directions though xD

EDIT: I can't find the Uninstall registry key =/
EDITEDIT:Can I reboot my computer, ya know, restart it removing all programs, basically like it was the first time I ever used it?