PDA

View Full Version : Umbreon - Confuse Ray or Baton Pass?

Archeopterix
08-20-2007, 05:15 AM
I need help deciding the moveset for my Umbreon.

This is the build.

Umbreon - Impish
Item - Leftovers (I guess)
252 HP/134 Def/124 Sp.Def

But for the moveset, should I use Confuse Ray or Mean Look.

Toxic
Moonlight
Mean Look
Confuse Ray/Baton Pass

The reason I ask is because I heard from someone that Baton Pass will carry Mean Look, but when I look at the description of Baton Pass, it just says it transfers stat changes.

Haelleah
08-20-2007, 05:20 AM
I'm 99% positive Baton Pass carries Mean Look.

Deoxys Ribonuke
08-20-2007, 05:36 AM

This is the build.

Umbreon - Impish

Toxic
Moonlight
Mean Look
Confuse Ray/Baton Pass

The reason I ask is because I heard from someone that Baton Pass will carry Mean Look, but when I look at the description of Baton Pass, it just says it transfers stat changes.

DEFINITELY use Baton Pass; it DOES carry Mean Look.

Poring
08-20-2007, 05:36 AM

This is the build.

Umbreon - Impish

Toxic
Moonlight
Mean Look
Confuse Ray/Baton Pass

Baton Pass does transfer Mean Look.

fefe31619
08-20-2007, 05:37 AM
baton pass is better so you can pass any ability changes to your next pokemon.making it stronger.
i do know it carries mean look but what about perish song?

Ace123456789
08-20-2007, 05:38 AM
whenever i see that set for umbreon i get the shivers.. its like a perfect switch in and they have no chance of survival without a move like roar... i'm training me an umbreon as well to do that exact strategy.

Archeopterix
08-20-2007, 05:56 AM
So Baton Pass over Confuse Ray? I'll probably clone my Ubreon and give the clone Confuse Ray to make it more annoying.

Hardcore Ravenclaw
08-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Personally I wouldnt use Umbreon at all because its so easy to counter. Whenever one switches in I switch in to a Pokemon that knows roar or whirlwind. Also Umbreon is just so easy to set up on because it has no offense moves whatso ever. Personally I think Cresselia is better. Also what do you do when Umbreon is your last Pokemon? It cant do anything unlike Blissey Dusknoir and Miltoc which you can hope to stall your oppenet with because they have a recovery move and they can do damage.

T r I p L e x
08-20-2007, 07:49 AM
you are right. umbreon isnt like those other walls/stallers. its different but it still gets the job done. definately BP over confuseray.

Noobnerd
08-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Are there RMT rules here? If so, please pardon me, I just joined to witness the Pokebeach .vs. Pe2K thing.

Baton Pass, definitely. Confusion is not reliable as since Mean Look is passed on by Baton Pass (according to what everyone else says here), and the Pokemon will just switch out if you Confuse it without using Mean Look.

Umbreon, however, acts much better as a Wish Passer. I assume you know how Wish Pass works: Wish, then Baton Pass so that Umbreon can take the hit while switching out to a Pokemon that requires healing without the Pokemon coming in to receive damage and get healed by Wish.

magentaman
08-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Are there RMT rules here? If so, please pardon me, I just joined to witness the Pokebeach .vs. Pe2K thing.

Baton Pass, definitely. Confusion is not reliable as since Mean Look is passed on by Baton Pass (according to what everyone else says here), and the Pokemon will just switch out if you Confuse it without using Mean Look.

Umbreon, however, acts much better as a Wish Passer. I assume you know how Wish Pass works: Wish, then Baton Pass so that Umbreon can take the hit while switching out to a Pokemon that requires healing without the Pokemon coming in to receive damage and get healed by Wish.
and that works even better if you're passing on mean look too

Archeopterix
08-20-2007, 04:45 PM

Thats a good idea, but its too late for egg moves. I'll save that for a rainy day.

Got_Ganlon
08-20-2007, 08:30 PM
If you are set on the other three moves already, go with Baton Pass. But heed Hardcore Ravenclaw, as this is a fairly common Umbreon build, and most competitive teams have a means to counter it:

-Substitute- Carried by a number of tanks (over half of which are faster than Umbreon), it make ALL of you're moves useless, forcing a switch in, and giving your opponent a free shield for one more turn (at least).

-Taunt- Nuff said.

-Roar / Whirlwind- Chances are, you'll use either Toxic or Meanlook against them. However, next turn, the Mean look is broken and your opponent is probably setting up for Aromatherapy or HealBell.

-Steel Types- You can lock them in place with mean look, but if you choose Baton Pass over Confuse Ray, there's not a whole lot more you can do to them...