PDA

View Full Version : What the heck are they thinking?

Kecleonfan666
08-21-2007, 12:26 AM
(Is this the correct board?)

Has anybody else other than me notice that Cartoon Network is so stupid as to replace all of the GOOD shows with completely STUPID shows. Look what they're doing, they're doing the insane, and stupid, and retarded. They killed the following good shows I can say off the top of my head and replaced them with complete junk:

-Dexter's Lab
-Courage The Cowardly Dog
-Johny Bravo

And replaced them with completely stupid shows notably like:

-Fried Dynamite
-Squirrel Boy
-Storm Hawks

Basically, they're ALL complete junk and deserve to all die. Fried Dynamite needs to be killed before it emerges from it's coccoon of stupidness and further taints Cartoon Network with it's messed up, dull, tangled up excuses for shows.

Sorry to all who actually like and look forward to these shows, but I for one, do NOT look forward to them...

The Jr Trainer
08-21-2007, 12:28 AM
Don't forget Ed, Edd, n Eddy is rarely if ever on, that show is/was awesome, imo.

Storm Hawks=Horrible

Squirle(god I cant spell) Boy=Okay...

Kecleonfan666
08-21-2007, 12:30 AM
Don't forget Ed, Edd, n Eddy is rarely if ever on, that show is/was awesome, imo.

Storm Hawks=Horrible

Squirle(god I cant spell) Boy=Okay...

Maybe Cartoon Network went and decided:

"Hey, maybe we'll get more money if we go around and replace good, funny, cool shows with crap shows!"

Cartoon Network truly is stupid...

ronjocox
08-21-2007, 12:31 AM
Where is Cow & Chicken?

I think that squirrel boy is an okay show, but I never heard of Fried Dyamite.

Storm hawks just sucks.

Neo Emolga
08-21-2007, 12:31 AM
Dude, to me, good cartoons died a screaming death as soon as the 80's were over. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/laugh.gif

Today's stuff is garbage. Stick with Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park, that's like the only stuff that's worth salvaging from this era.

-PK
08-21-2007, 12:32 AM

Has anybody else other than me notice that Cartoon Network is so stupid as to replace all of the GOOD shows with completely STUPID shows. Look what they're doing, they're doing the insane, and stupid, and retarded. They killed the following good shows I can say off the top of my head and replaced them with complete junk:

-Dexter's Lab
-Johny Bravo

-Fried Dynamite
-Squirrel Boy
-Storm Hawks

Basically, they're ALL complete junk and deserve to all die. Fried Dynamite needs to be killed before it emerges from it's coccoon of stupidness and further taints Cartoon Network with it's messed up, dull, tangled up excuses for shows.

Sorry to all who actually like and look forward to these shows, but I for one, do NOT look forward to them...

I didn't really like the 3 shows you first listed, but I wish Fried DYanmite and Storm Hawks wasn't taking there spots.
Squirrel Boy is an ok show, but they could have kept Ed, Edd and Eddy. I really miss that show.

Hoshika
08-21-2007, 12:34 AM
You should see one of the episodes of Foster's. They've seriously run out of ideas, I mean, look at the imaginary friend in the episode where Eduardo has to fight some other imaginary friends. There's something that looks like Pikachu and behaves like a flippin' Whismur in that giant box, and it has TENTACLES that shock you. Seriously. They have to get a grip and figure out that people will recognize what it is.

Storm Hawks = Storm Sucks

Looks like an Avatar ripoff combined with freaky cel-shading and a hacked Wind Waker game.

JentleViolence
08-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Cow and Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter's Laboratory....yep, they're all gone now. They come on from time to time, but that's it. =/

Oh, what about DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho? Anybody remember that?

Kecleonfan666
08-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Dude, to me, good cartoons died a screaming death as soon as the 80's were over. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/laugh.gif

Today's stuff is garbage. Stick with Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park, that's like the only stuff that's worth salvaging from this era.

I wasn't even alive :ermm:

Well, at least we have anime on adult swim...

Hoshika
08-21-2007, 12:36 AM
I wasn't even alive :ermm:

Well, at least we have anime on adult swim...

I'd rather have them show an infinite Naruto Hundo. Adult Swim isn't exactly the best idea for stay-up-late kids.

@Neo Pikachu: Wasn't that when American people decided a Super Mario and Legend of Zelda show would be a good idea? XDD

JentleViolence
08-21-2007, 12:38 AM
I'd rather have them show an infinite Naruto Hundo. Adult Swim isn't exactly the best idea for stay-up-late kids.

@Neo Pikachu: Wasn't that when American people decided a Super Mario and Legend of Zelda show would be a good idea? XDD

Seriously. They have shows on there like Frisky Dingo, which makes no sense.

Kecleonfan666

What are you talking about? Family Guy, Bleach, and Robot Chiken ftw :x

Yeah, Naruto all day. That would be like heaven.

-PK
You should see one of the episodes of Foster's. They've seriously run out of ideas, I mean, look at the imaginary friend in the episode where Eduardo has to fight some other imaginary friends. There's something that looks like Pikachu and behaves like a flippin' Whismur in that giant box, and it has TENTACLES that shock you. Seriously. They have to get a grip and figure out that people will recognize what it is.

Storm Hawks = Storm Sucks

Looks like an Avatar ripoff combined with freaky cel-shading and a hacked Wind Waker game.

I know. I can't believe how desprate they had to go to make that imaginary friend and show.(storm hawks)

So would I. I like a lot of the episodes they showed and I would like it if they did that.

terry
08-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Storm Hawks is just retarded,and besides,it's not even their own show.they bought it from another tv station.Pokemon is the only good show on cartoon network(not including adult swim>o<).

Kecleonfan666
08-21-2007, 12:40 AM
I know. I can't believe how desprate they had to go to make that imaginary friend and show.(storm hawks)

So would I. I like a lot of the episodes they showed and I would like it if they did that.

A Bleach-a-thon whould also do. I simply love that show. And I've only watched a few episodes of it. So very addictive...

Fosters home, is one of the sorriest excuses for a cartoon ever.

-PK
08-21-2007, 12:42 AM
A Bleach-a-thon whould also do. I simply love that show. And I've only watched a few episodes of it. So very addictive...

I don't really like Bleach that much. I would settle for a half a day full of Naruto and the other half full of Bleach.

Kecleonfan666
08-21-2007, 12:45 AM
I don't really like Bleach that much. I would settle for a half a day full of Naruto and the other half full of Bleach.

Well, they won't do that, because Cartoon Network is full of stupid people.

Like Neo said, today's TV is garbage (Excluding many animes, which pwn all other TV shows). Naruto ftw. Pokemon ftw.

Hoshika
08-21-2007, 12:45 AM

Bleach! They should put Rurouni Kenshin back, too. Mah friend's a fan.

Foster's was good for the first few episodes. That's it.

The end of CN's TV life will be when they do a TV show based on a game by themselves and themselves alone. That would be suckage AND would wreck that video game for eternity. (Kind of. *cough*) "Well, excuuuuuuuse me, princess!" GAH. >:O

What we need is a good, good, fun, cool, fun, good, cool, fun, fun, good anime-only channel. It's the only cartoon known to America that they can't entirely wreck. Unless they go Pokémon-re-redub on us...

-PK
08-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Well, they won't do that, because Cartoon Network is full of stupid people.

Like Neo said, today's TV is garbage (Excluding many animes, which pwn all other TV shows). Naruto ftw. Pokemon ftw.
It would be good though. I wish they would have good shows more like Code Lyoko and One Piece.

Kecleonfan666
08-21-2007, 12:50 AM
Bleach! They should put Rurouni Kenshin back, too. Mah friend's a fan.

Foster's was good for the first few episodes. That's it.

The end of CN's TV life will be when they do a TV show based on a game by themselves and themselves alone. That would be suckage AND would wreck that video game for eternity. (Kind of. *cough*) "Well, excuuuuuuuse me, princess!" GAH. >:O

What we need is a good, good, fun, cool, fun, good, cool, fun, fun, good anime-only channel. It's the only cartoon known to America that they can't entirely wreck. Unless they go Pokémon-re-redub on us...

Stop filling my head with evil thoughts!

Yes, an anime only channel. The Adult Swim animes like Bleach and Full Metal Alchemist pwn the world.

You'll probably only see these things in heaven, though :x

ReclusiveDemon
08-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Naruto ftw.
NOT ON SUBJECT:

No, the dubbed version of Naruto is NOT ftw. The dubbed version of Naruto has been so brutally raped and savaged that I damn near want to slit my throat every time I see it. Besides so much of the language being made child friendly, they gave the characters some of THE most annoying voices I've EVER heard put into anime. Plus, I feel they actually downgraded the intellect in the show to a level that can only be rivaled by that of Dragonball Z. :\

ON SUBJECT:

Cartoon Network is a bunch of retards, now.

During the mid-late 90's and into about 2002, they had a lot of good shows on. Cow & Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory, Sheep, Sheep in the Big City(something which most of you have forgotten about, it would seem), Samurai Jack (another one forgotten...), Ed Edd 'n Eddy... pretty well gone.

Another forgotten, very unpopular, but witty show that died is Whatever Happened to Robot Jones. :>

But it's not just that which baffles me-- it's the classics they got rid of. It used to be every three months or so, during 2001 and into 2002, they had a good rotation of classics such as the Scooby-Doo shows, Hong-Kong Phooey, the 90's versions of both Batman and Superman, and several others. Then they left and went to Boomerang-- which, at first, was AWESOME. Now, it too sucks. It's been riddled with crap like the "New" Scooby-Doo Adventures, Duck Dodgers, Justice League Unlimited... a lot of crap nobody wants on there.

But this new wave of crap they've got on now? Yeah, makes me hate existence... Nobody finds Squirrel Boy, Camp Lazlo, Code Lyoko, My Gym Partner Is a Monkey, Storm Hawks, Class of 3000, or Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends witty, brilliant, or anything.

Shows like Courage and Johnny Bravo made so many references to pop culture it was hilarious. But now with the current shows? Nothing. It's a bunch of dried out material that has been used a thousand times. Only now, they aren't even using pop culture material to make the teenagers and adults laugh. :\

Cartoon Network has failed at life.

Poltergeist
08-21-2007, 01:15 AM

Has anybody else other than me notice that Cartoon Network is so stupid as to replace all of the GOOD shows with completely STUPID shows. Look what they're doing, they're doing the insane, and stupid, and retarded. They killed the following good shows I can say off the top of my head and replaced them with complete junk:-Courage The Cowardly Dog

-Dexter's Lab

-Johny Bravo

-Fried Dynamite
-Squirrel Boy
-Storm Hawks

I'm pretty sure that those people where done with the series so I don't know if you thought they cancelled them because they where old. If you just ment the new shows suck and they where nowhere near as good as the old shows they had to outdo then my bad for misinterpruting.

Anyway I have to agree with you that the qualities of the CN shows have greatly declined. Squirrel boy just seems like a calvin and Hobbes imitation of sorts or anyother show with a boy and some non human sidekick for that matter. It doesn't really need anymore dissing beyond that because it explains it all why it stinks.

My GYm Partner's a monkey is my most hated of them all basically because it makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever! Seriously first off what the heck is the mom doing about this? Doesn't she care that her son is going to have a future job in the zoo with the education he is getting? Second surely the mistake of him getting transfered to an animal school is pretty dang impossible. I mean she saw his picture and name so how the heck could that person mistake him for an animal. Was her eyesights worse then a bat or something? Third half of those animals would be eating each other, not working together. Heck they even have a hunting class so its like after school ends they eat their classmates or something?! Finally if they are all destined to head to the zoo why, please tell me why do they need to go to the zoo to learn all that stuff that shall never come to play in a zoo! I'm sorry the show is truely horrible because it makes little, if ANY, sense! Man I hate it with the anger of a thousand men.

Storm Hawks the dialogue is bland and it feels like its just that hot wheels show, or movie, whatever it was, with wings. It has the potential to be better but I don't think it shall ever reach it.

Now It's time to put down favorites people have mentioned. First to get some of the fanboys here flaming me I hate the naruto dub. I do not hate the show. The Japanese subs on youtube are much better. My Reasons are, first I HATE HATE HATE Naruto's voice. I said I hate my gym partner with the anger of a thousand men but this is 1000 at least! Seriously everyone elses are all right but Naruto's rasp voice annoys me so much I just cant stand to listen to him. I terribly wish they would change his voice. Second the characters need better emotions. Their voices mostly sound like they would fit but they just don't sound like they put their all into it. Finally I would like some of the swears back. After getting pounded in battle will you really be saying darn instead of damn? I don't think so. One of my other beefs is I think they focus on this show too much instead of making better shows so yeah I wish it wasnt as popular and on less. If they fixed this stuff I would consider the dub good quality.

I'll make Code Lyoko quick its repetitive, emotionless, garbage. Thats just my opinion though so please don't bother flamming because I will stick behind it no matter what you say.

Now I shall give CN some credit. Camp Lazlo was actually quite funny at first but now I am iffy on its future as I think its losing its edge. Fosters is original and has a somewhat interesting plot, could be funnier but its alright even though its future is iffy too. Finally Ben 10 is a pretty nice superhero show but Ben seriously needs some dialouge improvement.

Thats my really long two cents. At this point all I really only tune in to adult swim. Maybe its future shows can fare better.

NOT ON SUBJECT:

No, the dubbed version of Naruto is NOT ftw. The dubbed version of Naruto has been so brutally raped and savaged that I damn near want to slit my throat every time I see it. Besides so much of the language being made child friendly, they gave the characters some of THE most annoying voices I've EVER heard put into anime. Plus, I feel they actually downgraded the intellect in the show to a level that can only be rivaled by that of Dragonball Z. :\

Well said my friend, well said.

ON SUBJECT:

During the mid-late 90's and into about 2002, they had a lot of good shows on. Cow & Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory, Sheep, Sheep in the Big City(something which most of you have forgotten about, it would seem), Samurai Jack (another one forgotten...), Ed Edd 'n Eddy... pretty well gone.

All are dead except Ed Edd and Eddy is still going which CN stupidly said was done. Oh and SJ will have a movie to finish the series as stated by the creator. RIP Good shows

Another forgotten, very unpopular, but witty show that died is Whatever Happened to Robot Jones. :>

But it's not just that which baffles me-- it's the classics they got rid of. It used to be every three months or so, during 2001 and into 2002, they had a good rotation of classics such as the Scooby-Doo shows, Hong-Kong Phooey, the 90's versions of both Batman and Superman, and several others. Then they left and went to Boomerang-- which, at first, was AWESOME. Now, it too sucks. It's been riddled with crap like the "New" Scooby-Doo Adventures, Duck Dodgers, Justice League Unlimited... a lot of crap nobody wants on there.

Don't have boomerang but yeah the classics where good. They seriously need some of them back for like 2 hours a day on CN. we don't need some of those newer shows, New scooby doo was horrible, but I actually did enjoy Justice League although I didn't think it needed to be on boomerang yet.

But this new wave of crap they've got on now? Yeah, makes me hate existence... Nobody finds Squirrel Boy, Camp Lazlo, Code Lyoko, My Gym Partner Is a Monkey, Storm Hawks, Class of 3000, or Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends witty, brilliant, or anything.

Bold are shows that I disagree, remember its just my opinion. They are Ok but aren't as good as the oldies and two ok shows doens't make a good channel. Yeah Class of 3000 seems more like a show to boost the Rappers egos. It also has no plot, and just reeks. Can't believe it got a second season. You are right with the rest though.

Hoshika
08-21-2007, 01:22 AM
NOT ON SUBJECT:

Unfortunately, I think that most of us can't find a decent-quality episode of Naruto. :|

ON SUBJECT:

The classics. I actually LIKED CN back then, along with the old Nickelodeon. *OLD!*

I was scared of that one, so I didn't watch it. O_o

Not to mention they got rid of the classic Pokémon.

But this new wave of crap they've got on now? Yeah, makes me hate existence... Nobody finds Squirrel Boy, Camp Lazlo, Class of 3000, or Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends witty, brilliant, or anything.

Hey, people thought Wayside (new Nickelodeon show that was fad-ed in two months) was cool, and they didn't even bring that many elements of the witty books in there. They even ran out of ideas so badly that they decided to put a Link imposter in there, who stated that they normally dress like that. Worse than the CD-i horrors of America. But I digress in an angry fashion...

Shows like Courage and Johnny Bravo made so many references to pop culture it was hilarious. But now with the current shows? Nothing. It's a bunch of dried out material that has been used a thousand times. Only now, they aren't even using pop culture material to make the teenagers and adults laugh. :\

Courage was the funniest purple-doggy cartoon there-- in fact, it was the only one. Even though it looked funny-colored and stuff, it was funny. Now everybody thinks about "visual" instead of what is really important.

What did you think?! D=

Tamer Marco
08-21-2007, 01:27 AM
Wow, seems like cable isn't worth having anymore. :O

When I did have Cartoon network, I mainly watched for the anime, nothing else but the select few shows. I was seriously pissed they got rid of YuYuHakasho without even announcing it. :|

Poring
08-21-2007, 01:29 AM
NOT ON SUBJECT:

ON SUBJECT:

Wholeheartedly agreed. Sheep in the Big City was one of the few clever cartoons I saw on their. Those two military people were pretty funny. Squirrel Boy is absolute crap, and My Gym Partner's a Monkey makes no sense at all. And does anybody remember I M Weasel? They still show it in the Philippines when I visit there...

Speaking of the Philippines and the people talking about an anime-only channel, they have one over there called Animax. It's a decent channel, but the majority of the anime on there is stuff I never heard of. Some of stuff I never heard of is good, though. And they had well-known anime, too, like Full Metal Alchemist, Detective Conan, Captain Tsubasa, and Ninku.

Galactic Spriter
08-21-2007, 01:37 AM

-Dexter's Lab
-Johny Bravo

-Fried Dynamite
-Squirrel Boy
-Storm Hawks

Yeah, i used to love those shows. Probably the only way i see those shows are on the TOP 10. Maybe they should listen to the TOP 10

G a l a c t i c G r u n t

Poltergeist
08-21-2007, 01:45 AM
WARNING: Off topic but the comment was just begging for this.

It would be good though. I wish they would have good shows more like Code Lyoko and One Piece.

Oh no, Oh no, OH HECK NO YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT! PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOU ACCIDENTLY RAMMED THE KEYBOARD WITH YOUR FIST AND THIS, THIS THING CAME OUT. OK seriously no. You do not know One Piece until you realize how badly 4Kids mutilated this great series. Here watch these and please learn the error of your ways.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=One+Piece+worst+dub+moments

The show still has some hope though as Funimation has come to save the sinking ship. As long as they stay true to their claims feel free to comment on the show when its it shifted producers.

ReclusiveDemon
08-21-2007, 01:45 AM
Unfortunately, I think that most of us can't find a decent-quality episode of Naruto. :|
It doesn't take very much effort if you know what you're looking for. ;)

The classics. I actually LIKED CN back then, along with the old Nickelodeon. *OLD!*
OLD Nickelodeon did have some enjoyable shows.

I used to enjoy a stop-action show that Nickelodeon had with the action figures. That was another big pop-culture assault cartoon. It went off and made fun of the typical, "I'm politically correct and you're not!" issue, despite the fact most children had no idea WHAT they were talking about. They also did stereotypical jokes towards the "big strong Hero-type", the "ditzy beautiful Princess" crap, as well as "Ogre big strong fighter, but senstive!". I wish I could remember that shows name... :[

Hey, people thought Wayside (new Nickelodeon show that was fad-ed in two months) was cool, and they didn't even bring that many elements of the witty books in there. They even ran out of ideas so badly that they decided to put a Link imposter in there, who stated that they normally dress like that. Worse than the CD-i horrors of America. But I digress in an angry fashion...
Well, I wasn't talking about Wayside or anything like that, was I? I was talking about the new wave of crap they've got on Cartoon Network, not Nickelodeon. ;o

Courage was the funniest purple-doggy cartoon there-- in fact, it was the only one. Even though it looked funny-colored and stuff, it was funny. Now everybody thinks about "visual" instead of what is really important.
Well, I think a big thing on Courage was children misunderstood A LOT of the jokes on there.

Such as the way the Abominable Snowman talked (a spoof on Sean Connery's voice, as well as the way he spoke in a slurred manner during the entire shooting of Highlander), why the Asian Dude was always incoherent and drove like a maniac (assault on Asian's who are unable to drive properly, as well as the ones that have an incredibly difficult time learning to speak English just right), as well as the slow, often unusual voice of the Killer Robot (a spoof on Christoper Walken, which yet again, the average child DID NOT understand).

Also, the Space-Squid episode was utterly brilliant, but how many kiddies understood it? Most kids I've met never could understand the whole Military issue during the episode, where the government just wanted to perform experiments and hide the existence of the Space-Squid from the general public with bribery and incoherent excuses. That, for any teenager and adult, is brilliant because of how it goes at tales and myths like Area 13, Hanger 18, and Laboratory 41. GENIUS!

Wholeheartedly agreed. Sheep in the Big City was one of the few clever cartoons I saw on their. Those two military people were pretty funny. Squirrel Boy is absolute crap, and My Gym Partner's a Monkey makes no sense at all. And does anybody remember I M Weasel? They still show it in the Philippines when I visit there...

Speaking of the Philippines and the people talking about an anime-only channel, they have one over there called Animax. It's a decent channel, but the majority of the anime on there is stuff I never heard of. Some of stuff I never heard of is good, though. And they had well-known anime, too, like Full Metal Alchemist, Detective Conan, Captain Tsubasa, and Ninku.
Sheep in the Big City was another big one in pop-culture mockery. I personally find it saddening at how the sheer wit and brilliance of the show was missed.

Also, yes, I remember I Am Weasle. It was a mini-toon that appeared in-between most episodes of Cow & Chicken. I always found it amusing how it was a spoof on the typical, genius with an idiotic friend idea. So often, it too included pop-culture jokes. Such as the bridge to New Orleans, the NASA failure launch that exploded, the landing on the moon, modern day music, issues with beautiful and ugly... such amazing ideas.

As for Animax-- I've heard of it, but never really looked into it.

AshMistyMayfan
08-22-2007, 08:07 AM

-Dexter's Lab
-Johny Bravo

-Fried Dynamite
-Squirrel Boy
-Storm Hawks

At times, I feel like that poster that puts up that signature of the computer guy bashing his brains out. The shows on CN are basic crap, except for Pokemon. I miss Justice League, they had a GREAT thing going with Justice League, why give it the axe? Static shock was another good show.

The good shows killed are:
Justice League
Static Shock
Power Puff Girls (That kicked butt!)
Dexter's Lab

I'm not fond of Adult Swim, they should destroy it and put in 6 hours of better cartoons...but don't bump Family Guy or Futurama, those are OK shows.

Tamer Marco
08-22-2007, 01:53 PM
I agree with the people above. 4Kids let a lot of great shows die a slow, painful censored death. :|

I want to start a petition: An all Adult Swim channel seperate from Cartoon Network that has cool shows (that it already had on Adult Swim), and have more uncensored anime and comedies. Would anybody (cougheverybodycough) sign it?

Bryce
08-23-2007, 02:59 AM
even though it is still played somewhat often.... i used to LOVE the earlier episodes of Billy and Mandy! it made me crack up so much..... but i havent watched CN in about 7 or 8 months..... i moved on to MTV & Comedy Central.... hmm i miss it :sad:

Tamer Marco
08-23-2007, 03:11 AM
The Grim adventures is one of the best TV shows on Cartoon Network.

I haven't seen it in a while, so I can't say much for new episodes... :|

Xtra
08-23-2007, 03:36 AM
Nickolodeon to is going through this transfermation. I don't think Tak was a fun game that much, but as a show! Gross! IT wasn't funny at all in the commercials. Also, Out of Jimmy's Head will bomb for it's CARTOON Network. I really just watch Nicktoons on IO Digital Cable now, cause my favorite shows that died are on there. Like Ren and Stimpy.

DragoniteMistress
08-23-2007, 03:46 AM
Maybe Cartoon Network went and decided:

"Hey, maybe we'll get more money if we go around and replace good, funny, cool shows with crap shows!"

Cartoon Network truly is stupid...

It's all for the money. Certain shows don't get certain appeal; just be glad CN is more decent in shows opposed to Nickelodeon. Nick had a hissy-fit about Angry Beavers (Best damn show ever) just because Norbert said 'shut up' like several episodes after Dag basically donned 'shut up' as his catchphrase. Afterwards Angry Beavers had a season finale making fun of how television programs show reruns to keep the money flowing and Nick got pissed at that and canceled it. Man, Nickelodeon are such pan**es.

Cartoon Network: Money.

They make money; in case you haven't noticed Cartoon Network is directed for elementary school children, who like shows like Storm Hawks, Squirrel Boy, and the such. Just because children these days have a different appeal taste than us doesn't make the shows any less good, it just means we were born too early to appreciate these shows like a lot of kids do. Honestly, I prefer older cartoons considering the lack of having every single thing politically correct.

Shadow Eevee
08-23-2007, 03:57 AM
Where is Cow & Chicken?

Um, they had a banned episode of Buffalo Girls. Wiki if for more infomartion.
You should see one of the episodes of Foster's. They've seriously run out of ideas, I mean, look at the imaginary friend in the episode where Eduardo has to fight some other imaginary friends. There's something that looks like Pikachu and behaves like a flippin' Whismur in that giant box, and it has TENTACLES that shock you. Seriously.
I didn't realize the Pokemon parodies.

Correction. Squirell Boy is. Have you ever seen Andy's head? Fosters is kind of funny.

DragoniteMistress
08-23-2007, 04:07 AM
Correction. Squirell Boy is. Have you ever seen Andy's head? Fosters is kind of funny.

You need to marry me, Jeremeh. Squirrel Boy is utter idiocy, and I have zero tolerance for that show, considering the fact that I'm normally open-minded about today's cartoons. The fact that they nicked Billy's voice actor (Grim Adventures)(I think <.<) completely outrages me, and yes, they are quite deformed. A cartoonist or designer should at least put effort into making their characters look realistic. Animals don't serve this purpose, considering they're normally icons of humor (i.e. Opus, Angry Beavers, Catdog) As for Foster's, they're more realistic-based than crap like Bleach (again, zero tolerance for boob jokes. Absolute. Zero. Tolerance) for they have real humor, despite some of the contant annoying scenes, and you can't help but just think Mac is adorable and Bloo is the funniest, most self-absorbed little blue thing you'll ever see. The characters are likeable, and the fact that Wilt's voice actor is Phil LaMarr from MadTV just tickles my fancy.

Shadow Eevee
08-23-2007, 04:11 AM
You need to marry me, Jeremeh. Squirrel Boy is utter idiocy, and I have zero tolerance for that show, considering the fact that I'm normally open-minded about today's cartoons. The fact that they nicked Billy's voice actor (Grim Adventures)(I think <.<) completely outrages me, and yes, they are quite deformed. A cartoonist or designer should at least put effort into making their characters look realistic. Animals don't serve this purpose, considering they're normally icons of humor (i.e. Opus, Angry Beavers, Catdog) As for Foster's, they're more realistic-based than crap like Bleach (again, zero tolerance for boob jokes. Absolute. Zero. Tolerance) for they have real humor, despite some of the contant annoying scenes, and you can't help but just think Mac is adorable and Bloo is the funniest, most self-absorbed little blue thing you'll ever see. The characters are likeable, and the fact that Wilt's voice actor is Phil LaMarr from MadTV just tickles my fancy.
What happened to Iron? xD

I just found out that Fosters show might be facing contreversy for making Goo, like 'retarded' or whatever and another African American thing.
And if Ed Edd and Eddy ended with the best day Edder, why'd they have that alien episode?

Xtra
08-23-2007, 04:25 AM
I dunno. But these shows are current shows I like. Stars mean there hilarious.

My Gym Partner Is a Monkey*
Love it, Love it. Love it!
Pokemon
Ben 10
CTCD(Courage the Cowardly Dog)
A little Naruto
Family Guy and Futurama*

DragoniteMistress
08-23-2007, 04:31 AM
I dunno. But these shows are current shows I like. Stars mean there hilarious.

My Gym Partner Is a Monkey*
Love it, Love it. Love it!
Pokemon
Ben 10
CTCD(Courage the Cowardly Dog)
A little Naruto
Family Guy and Futurama*

I'd probably like My Gym Partner is a Monkey if I didn't think it were weird. The rest I can go ahead and agree with, although I absolutely adore CtCD and Futurama. A list of my favorite shows include:

Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Cow and Chicken
Angry Beavers
Catdog
Rugrats
Dexter's Laboratory

@ Poring: Wasn't I M Weasel a part of Cow and Chicken like how Evil Concarne was a part of Grim Adventures?

Shadow Eevee
08-23-2007, 04:55 AM
@ Poring: Wasn't I M Weasel a part of Cow and Chicken like how Evil Concarne was a part of Grim Adventures?
It used to be it's own show. Then it ended. Cow and Chicken was born while it was still airing. Since it was made by the same guy, they aired Weasel and the Devil guy in it for some episodes.

lilJT
08-23-2007, 05:04 AM
It used to be it's own show. Then it ended. Cow and Chicken was born while it was still airing. Since it was made by the same guy, they aired Weasel and the Devil guy in it for some episodes.

that guy's funny

but yeah fried dynamite looks like the stupiest thing ever, and they're horrible actors

Shadow Eevee
08-23-2007, 05:09 AM
that guy's funny

but yeah fried dynamite looks like the stupiest thing ever, and they're horrible actors

I don't even know FD's story line.

And for the Cow and Chicken guy being funny- Not really. His idea of kid's humor is pretty cruel for 7 year olds. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_and_chicken#Banned_and_Edited_Episodes)

WayToDawn
08-23-2007, 05:31 AM
I don't watch Cartoon Network as much as I did when I was little. Back then, I was a regular girl who loved Powerpuff Girls. Heck, I still have some of my Elementary school backpacks, and I can tell ya- x.x.

No offence to anyone that likes Naruto, but one-third of the people in my school HATE Naruto. With some help from teachers and friends, I ran a survey through out the school near the end of 6th grade. You DON'T wanna know what happened after the survey week...too unreal for meh :oops: Let's just say it involved an 'Angry Naruto Fan Mob' o_O.

I feel CN tried their best trying to get the new voice actors for Pokemon as close to the old voices. But they failed. Ash's voice is just...WTH?

I remember when I was little I would watch CN with my dad. We'd watch all the funny shows, blah blah blah. When they removed all the funny shows, I moved on. My hilarious issues now are Disney Channel (it's just funny to watch XD), The Simpsons, Family Guy.. I can keep naming. This is coming from a GIRL, y'know?

Poring
08-23-2007, 05:49 AM

I used to watch it way back then when it was its own show.

@Xtra - I'm sorry, but My Gym Partner's a Monkey fails. Some of the episodes don't make any sense at all, and they use too many cheap jokes that aren't even funny. And also, I hate Ben 10 as well. <_<

DragoniteMistress
08-23-2007, 08:57 PM
This is coming from a GIRL, y'know?

Your feminineness makes no point >_> I'm a girl, too, y'know?

@ Poring: Yeah, Ben 10 is meh. It's overrated, and I can't believe they're making an actual movie with actors for it. They should have done that to Teen Titans, man Teen Titans was the bomb. I wish I could get my hands on some of the old, original comics that are probably as old as my dad. I always hated Starfire, though. She just annoyed me, I like Raven, she kicks so much ass. I was always a supporter of RavenxBeastboy.

Xtra
08-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Will the Cybirg ever find love Is what I ask. And a live action Teen Titans movie would be great. Maybe an Avatar movie too.

Beastboy and Terra, Beast Boy and Terra, I disagree with you there DM.

DragoniteMistress
08-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Yes but what shall you do when your love is made of stone now? Besides, she only appeared in several episodes, Raven and BB are throughout the entire series. And the episodes where Raven's father comes, and BB gives her a penny, and when she's meditating she's holding the penny ><

And when she hugs BB that one time he says he's her friend when she doesn't think she has friends *Falls* Classic.

Xtra
08-23-2007, 09:31 PM
I guess your right about that, sorry for doubting you, DM.

Yggdrasill
08-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Dexters Laboratory was a really good show, back when I watched it.
Ed, Edd and Eddy was hilarious, and Courage TCD was good as well.
Main reason I stopped watching when I was 12, the "new" shows have terrible humour in them, and they aren't even funny!

Still, the Simpsons, Futurama and Family Guy are the only cartoons I watch now, all the other programs I watch at the moment are Dramas/Comedy shows.

Pikablu Pie
08-24-2007, 06:58 PM
They weren't thinking; that's what.

All of the new stuff is just horrible. Back when I was, what, six? Well, the shows that focused more on quality then looks were great. Dexters' Laboratory; CTCD; Season 1/2 Pokemon; Cow and Chicken/I Am Weasel; all of that good stuff. I really miss Scooby Doo - Where Are You the most, though. That was THE show of, in my opinion, all time besides Pink Panther. Then, they took it away and replaced it with The New Adventures of Scooby Doo and that stupid show I can't remember the name of; it was basicly Scooby Doo but the gang was younger.

Now, I'll admit this stuff isn't necesarily bad; but it just doesn't meet up to the standards of the classic show. That was the show of its era. I was thrilled when the Scooby Doo - Where Have You Been weekend showed - it was love.

The new stuff is, as said before, just bad. MGPIAM is basicly worthless; Squirel Boy has no humor; the latest seasons of Pokemon are repetive and grind my ears up; and don't get me tarted on FHFIF. From the looks of it, Storm Hawks is the Hot Wheels movies but celshaded and with Motorcycles instead of cars.

Naruto is bad. The show is DISTURBING. Growing up with clasics makes Naruto look like garbage. The Naruto Whatever marathon made me want to tear my hair out; Nickelodeon showed horrible reruns and Disney Channel only has two good shows in my opinion - The Suite Life Of Zack/Cody and Phil of the Future, the later of the two has basicly gone missing.

That being said, the people who choose shows nowadays are morons. Atleast I get some CTCD every night at ten, but seing as I usually go to bed later then that now it's fading away as well.

Shadow Eevee
08-24-2007, 07:10 PM
May I remind all of you that we were younger when these 'good' shows were on. Meaning, we were easier to entertain. Today's 7 year olds will claim that Squirrell boy was a good show, because they are what the people aim for.

Poring
08-24-2007, 09:40 PM
May I remind all of you that we were younger when these 'good' shows were on. Meaning, we were easier to entertain. Today's 7 year olds will claim that Squirrell boy was a good show, because they are what the people aim for.

What's your point? I watched a rare Courage the Cowardly Dog rerun recently, and I still thought it was good. Meaning, age has nothing to do with it. Cartoons were just a lot more clever and genuinely funny before.

Draconic_Espeon
08-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Reading all this, I've come to realize something...

I never really was one to watch TV. Also, I've never been a huge fan of shows that are basically just humor and a bit of plot. Don't get me wrong, I like some funny shows and watch them occassionally, but I like actiony stuff, I guess you could say. Never really watched Teen Titans much, but I'm fairly sure I would have liked it. Ben 10 is pretty good, once I get past the fact that I want to punch Ben every five minutes for doing something stupid. >> I used to watch Code Lyoko all the time, but it's getting repetitive and I have no clue what happened after they brought back Aelita. However, I did like Courage the Cowardly Dog. Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Johny Bravo, Cow and Chicken... Meh, I could care less.

The only show I ever watch is *gets ready to duck random objects* Danny Phantom. I honestly love that show. It has a lot of violence for something on Nick (as far as I know, it's the only Nick show that actually ever showed blood, despite the fact that it was a tiny amount) and I love the characters and plot. I can honestly say it's the only thing besides Digimon that I can really watch and enjoy. Sure, there are episodes that are worse than others, and some that could be made better, like the Halloween episode, but as a whole, I like it. And now they're ending it, while leaving other shows like Spongebob that has turned completely pointless and stopped being funny after the first few seasons...

As far as badly-dubbed animes go... That's why I read the mangas. Semi-original material, and you don't have to worry about irritating voices. (I swear Luffy in One Piece sounds like a girl...)

Kickme93
08-24-2007, 10:25 PM
-Dexter's Lab
-Johny Bravo

You Can Usually Find Them On The Programme Cartoon Cartoons On Cartoon Network But When It Is Played Is Usually Late (Midnightish For Uk)

Yggdrasill
08-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Old Cartoons used clever jokes and humour, while more modern cartoons use pure random stuff as humour, which just isn't funny.
With the exception of Ed, Edd, and Eddy, which is the only funny 'random' cartoon. =P

Neo Emolga
08-24-2007, 11:39 PM
I come from the distant past when Nickelodeon had decent cartoons such as Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold, Rocco’s Modern Life, Rugrats, and many others that were actually worth watching and were funny. I wasn’t crazy about Doug, some of the time it was funny, other times it was stupid, and other times it was trying a new weird way to provide moral values. But, needless to say, save for Rugrats, all of those have spiraled down into the Abyss.

Kids WB died a screaming death as well. As soon as they signed Pokémon away, they essentially gave up the ghost once and for all. That used to have a few good shows, but now its dead.

Truthfully, I was never really fond of the Cartoon Network in the first place. Classic Scooby Doo is what made it good, the new version is abysmal. Besides Pokémon, everything else on there is just a lot of new junk I don't even recognize.

Poring
08-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Reading all this, I've come to realize something...

I never really was one to watch TV. Also, I've never been a huge fan of shows that are basically just humor and a bit of plot. Don't get me wrong, I like some funny shows and watch them occassionally, but I like actiony stuff, I guess you could say. Never really watched Teen Titans much, but I'm fairly sure I would have liked it. Ben 10 is pretty good, once I get past the fact that I want to punch Ben every five minutes for doing something stupid. >> I used to watch Code Lyoko all the time, but it's getting repetitive and I have no clue what happened after they brought back Aelita. However, I did like Courage the Cowardly Dog. Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Johny Bravo, Cow and Chicken... Meh, I could care less.

The only show I ever watch is *gets ready to duck random objects* Danny Phantom. I honestly love that show. It has a lot of violence for something on Nick (as far as I know, it's the only Nick show that actually ever showed blood, despite the fact that it was a tiny amount) and I love the characters and plot. I can honestly say it's the only thing besides Digimon that I can really watch and enjoy. Sure, there are episodes that are worse than others, and some that could be made better, like the Halloween episode, but as a whole, I like it. And now they're ending it, while leaving other shows like Spongebob that has turned completely pointless and stopped being funny after the first few seasons...

As far as badly-dubbed animes go... That's why I read the mangas. Semi-original material, and you don't have to worry about irritating voices. (I swear Luffy in One Piece sounds like a girl...)

Good thing you got ready. *throws random objects* If you want a violent show on Nick, watch Avatar: The Last Airbender. It might seem like a Japanophile cartoon, but it is a lot more violent and makes waaaaaaaaaaaay more sense than Danny Phantom. Plus, it's the only Nick show where they say the word "kill". SpongeBob sucks now because of the new Creative Director. The old ones were much better...

I, too, read manga instead of watch the anime. I usually buy licensed American manga, but I sometimes read manga on the Internet instead. The stuff on the Internet is the most original you can get, complete with profanity and blood if that's what you want. By the way, Dub Luffy is voiced by a girl, IIRC. <_<

I come from the distant past when Nickelodeon had decent cartoons such as Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold, Rocco’s Modern Life, Rugrats, and many others that were actually worth watching and were funny. I wasn’t crazy about Doug, some of the time it was funny, other times it was stupid, and other times it was trying a new weird way to provide moral values. But, needless to say, save for Rugrats, all of those have spiraled down into the Abyss.

Kids WB died a screaming death as well. As soon as they signed Pokémon away, they essentially gave up the ghost once and for all. That used to have a few good shows, but now its dead.

Truthfully, I was never really fond of the Cartoon Network in the first place. Classic Scooby Doo is what made it good, the new version is abysmal. Besides Pokémon, everything else on there is just a lot of new junk I don't even recognize.

I remember Hey Arnold! That show was one of the only shows that had religion and *mild* profanity. They said crap, but that's it. Hey Arnold was a great show. I vaguely remember Rocco's Modern Life and Ren & Stimpy. Don't remember much about the former, but Ren & Stimpy could get so gruesome. And to think three-year-olds watched it. I probably forgot most of the other old Nick shows too...

Draconic_Espeon
08-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Good thing you got ready. *throws random objects* If you want a violent show on Nick, watch Avatar: The Last Airbender. It might seem like a Japanophile cartoon, but it is a lot more violent and makes waaaaaaaaaaaay more sense than Danny Phantom. Plus, it's the only Nick show where they say the word "kill". SpongeBob sucks now because of the new Creative Director. The old ones were much better...

I do like Avatar, but I don't watch it as much. I won't argue with you, but I won't quit watching, either. I never said I had great taste in television shows. And yeah, Spongebob sucks now. Its either the horrible new stuff or the old stuff I've seen so many times I'd rather shoot myself than watch it. XP

I, too, read manga instead of watch the anime. I usually buy licensed American manga, but I sometimes read manga on the Internet instead. The stuff on the Internet is the most original you can get, complete with profanity and blood if that's what you want. By the way, Dub Luffy is voiced by a girl, IIRC. <_<

Yeah, well, most young male characters are. I'm fairly sure Ash was, and I know Tommy from Rugrats was, as well as a few others. But they don't sound like girls.

Hoshika
08-25-2007, 12:01 AM

AVATAR ROX UR AMERICAN PSUEDO-ANIME SOX

Yeah, there's something wrong with the new Spongebob episodes. It's just BORING now. :|

I, too, read manga instead of watch the anime. I usually buy licensed American manga, but I sometimes read manga on the Internet instead. The stuff on the Internet is the most original you can get, complete with profanity and blood if that's what you want.

Like the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time manga. They were crazy enough to unpublish it here. I bet it woulda sold out faster than the Wii. =P

By the way, Dub Luffy is voiced by a girl, IIRC. <_<

Lawl... XP

I remember Hey Arnold! That show was one of the only shows that had religion and *mild* profanity. They said crap, but that's it. Hey Arnold was a great show. I vaguely remember Rocco's Modern Life and Ren & Stimpy. Don't remember much about the former, but Ren & Stimpy could get so gruesome. And to think three-year-olds watched it. I probably forgot most of the other old Nick shows too...

I was lucky enough to see those shows, too. I liked 'em.

Anyways, maybe there should be a new cartoon out there made by people like us. Not like the Short Film Festival on Nicktoons, but like full-lengthed shows. Too bad most of us here are minors. XP

Poring
08-25-2007, 12:11 AM
I do like Avatar, but I don't watch it as much. I won't argue with you, but I won't quit watching, either. I never said I had great taste in television shows. And yeah, Spongebob sucks now. Its either the horrible new stuff or the old stuff I've seen so many times I'd rather shoot myself than watch it. XP

Okay, suit yourself. I watched Danny Phantom for 2 months or so, but I got really tired of it quickly.

Yeah, well, most young male characters are. I'm fairly sure Ash was, and I know Tommy from Rugrats was, as well as a few others. But they don't sound like girls.

Naruto sounds like a girl and he's voiced by a girl. <_< And I think Ash sounded like a girl before. Not now, 'cause Veronica Taylor's probably having puberty or something.

AVATAR ROX UR AMERICAN PSUEDO-ANIME SOX

Heh. One of the few shows on the Nickelodeon of today I watch.

Yeah, there's something wrong with the new Spongebob episodes. It's just BORING now. :|

The new director doesn't use the same style of humor as the first one. I mean, look at the new episodes. CROSSDRESSING PATRICK? WHAT THE HECK?!

Like the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time manga. They were crazy enough to unpublish it here. I bet it woulda sold out faster than the Wii. =P

My cousin who can read some Japanese has that manga. They have it in English on the internet.

Anyways, maybe there should be a new cartoon out there made by people like us. Not like the Short Film Festival on Nicktoons, but like full-lengthed shows. Too bad most of us here are minors. XP

Yeah.

Wingull
08-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Rugrats was a great show, when I was young, I used to go crazy right when I saw it.
But now on Nick, all they have is boring shows.
A new show is coming called I-Carly which seems really boring. :sleepy:

dragonite0943
08-25-2007, 07:03 AM
i call it i-gayly. the i-pod should sue them.

Phantom Kat
08-25-2007, 09:53 PM

-points to avvie and username-

You have no idea how happy I was when I read that. I swear, I fell in love with that show on the first epsiode and absolutely adored the finale. Danny Phantom is THE reason why I got into Fan Fiction in the first place and then came Pokemon Fan Fiction. Danny Phantom is only reason why I still watch Nick.

On Topic: Yes, Cartoon Newtwork has gone down the drain. Foster's was fun in the beginning, same with Bill and Mandy, but after that I felt that the humor was dry and kept doing the same jokes over and over. If they brought in some new material once in a while, I would see it.

Squirrel Boy and My Gym Partner Is A Monkey are aboslute crap. No plot whatsoover, episodes are basically plotless, and the humor is horrible. Targeted for seven year olds or not, they greatly fail in comparison with Dexter, Courage, and Johny. When I watch those shows again, I can honestly laugh like when I watched them years ago.

Yu-Yu-Hakisho was the only anime besides Pokemon that I watched ever since the first episode. It hooked the me, plain and simple and then I stopped watching for whatever reason. To learn that they don't show it anymore pisses me off. ><

- Kat

Schiffer
08-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Where is Cow & Chicken?

I think that squirrel boy is an okay show, but I never heard of Fried Dyamite.

Storm hawks just sucks.

Well, Storm Hawks is okay, I never realled liked Squirrle Boy. I love My Gym Partners a Monkey. I have On Demand, so I can always watch those older shows anytime!

-Schiffer