PDA

View Full Version : Question about Bleach

Snirpy
08-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Why is Ichigo looked down upon because of his orange hair? Is there something wrong with orange hair in Japan? Also, why is the manga called Bleach? It's one of my favorites, so I'd like to know. n.n

We Taste Pies...
08-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Why is Ichigo looked down upon because of his orange hair? Is there something wrong with orange hair in Japan? Also, why is the manga called Bleach? It's one of my favorites, so I'd like to know. n.n

If you don't know the answer to atleast the first question you asked, I doubt its one of your favorites...

~{WTP}~

Kenny_C.002
08-21-2007, 09:07 PM
This is because Ichigo needs a terribly sad past in order for him to feel insecure or feel the need to have friends and what not. Basically a very shallow plot device.

Knightblazer
08-23-2007, 02:00 PM

For the orange hair thing, its not that he's looked down upon - rather, people think he attracts too much attention, think that he has his hair like that on puporse (and yes, orange hair is a rather uncommon sight just about anywhere in the world...)

As for the title, the name most likely came from Kubo-sensei's love for music - a trubut to grunge fave Nirava, which debut title was Bleach.

Knightblazer

Schiffer
08-24-2007, 02:48 PM
For the orange hair thing, its not that he's looked down upon - rather, people think he attracts too much attention, think that he has his hair like that on puporse (and yes, orange hair is a rather uncommon sight just about anywhere in the world...)

As for the title, the name most likely came from Kubo-sensei's love for music - a trubut to grunge fave Nirava, which debut title was Bleach.

Knightblazer

While I do agree with both Kenny and Kb on his hair situation, the anime is not called Bleach for his love of music, but It can mistaken for that since in every episode they some very exotic music, like the song I believe is called "Heat the Soul". From what I've heard it goes like this: Bleach is a cleaning product, and the main character of the show is a Shinigami(Soul Reaper in Dub.) Now, that they have the cleaing product. Shinigami usally free a soul, also known as Cleansing. From those last few sentences, you might be able to draw up the conclusion what Bleach means...It means Cleansing the Soul =P.

-Schiffer-

skiboydoggy
08-24-2007, 03:37 PM
While I do agree with both Kenny and Kb on his hair situation, the anime is not called Bleach for his love of music, but It can mistaken for that since in every episode they some very exotic music, like the song I believe is called "Heat the Soul". From what I've heard it goes like this: Bleach is a cleaning product, and the main character of the show is a Shinigami(Soul Reaper in Dub.) Now, that they have the cleaing product. Shinigami usally free a soul, also known as Cleansing. From those last few sentences, you might be able to draw up the conclusion what Bleach means...It means Cleansing the Soul =P.

-Schiffer-
You think too deep. Knowing mangaka, it's probably the above.

Like what the heck does the Ma in Negima mean?

Schiffer
08-25-2007, 01:35 AM
You think too deep. Knowing mangaka, it's probably the above.

Like what the heck does the Ma in Negima mean?

I think to deep about alot of things, but Bleach is to much, which is very super deep ^.^'.

Quite frankly, I don'tknow what the Ma in Negima means...

-Schiffer-

xxxSakura
08-29-2007, 03:20 PM
His seniors at school thought he was trying to act cool and dyed his hair like them, so they got unhappy with him for stealing the attention I suppose and tried to beat him up?

*happy to see a topic about BLEACH & points to siggy*

Ichigo, ah~! *sniffsniff*