PDA

View Full Version : Computer Troubles. PLEASE HELP!

BeserkerFury
08-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Ok, when I go to turn my laptop on, it comes up
The last attempt to restart computer from its previous location
failed. Attempt to restart again?

Delete restoration data and proceed to sytem boot menu
Continue with system restart

The last two things are options for me to choose from. When I select "Continue with system restart" it will start restarting, but then freeze imediatly befor it comes to the windows xp thing, I had it on hibernate, so thats what I meen by resart. So I was wondering, what would happen if I chose "Delete restoration data and proceed to sytem boot menu" instead, would it mess my computer up, make it worse, etc.?

Just for some added help, I have a Compaq brand HP computer, windows XP operating system, made in late '06

Kayden Javlaíakín
08-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Ok, when I go to turn my laptop on, it comes up

The last two things are options for me to choose from. When I select "Continue with system restart" it will start restarting, but then freeze imediatly befor it comes to the windows xp thing, I had it on hibernate, so thats what I meen by resart. So I was wondering, what would happen if I chose "Delete restoration data and proceed to sytem boot menu" instead, would it mess my computer up, make it worse, etc.?

Just for some added help, I have a Compaq brand HP computer, windows XP operating system, made in late '06
Choose the "Delete restoration data" option, since that's likely what's causing the problem, and choosing the second choice should allow a clean boot.

Just for future reference, dirty restoration data is apparently what causes the freezing at the Welcome screen, so choosing "Delete Restoration Data" should solve the problem, yes.

BeserkerFury
08-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Choose the "Delete restoration data" option, since that's likely what's causing the problem, and choosing the second choice should allow a clean boot.

Just for future reference, dirty restoration data is apparently what causes the freezing at the Welcome screen, so choosing "Delete Restoration Data" should solve the problem, yes.

Thank you, now my computer works fine ^^

Kayden Javlaíakín
08-25-2007, 03:18 AM
Thank you, now my computer works fine ^^
Great to hear. Glad I could help! <3