PDA

View Full Version : Electrode?

Archeopterix
08-27-2007, 02:30 AM
Its seems like a good pokemon. It has great speed, decent special attack, and ok defenses, and with Magnet Rise it can deter Ground type moves, which is its only super effective weakness. Anyone know of any ways to use this pokemon in a team/strategies? What would a good nature/hold item/moveset/EV spread be? And is it overused or underused?

ronjocox
08-27-2007, 02:32 AM
Electrode@???
-EV spread-
Hasty
~T-Wave
~Explosion
~HP ICE/GRASS
~T-Bolt

Kick the Moon
08-27-2007, 02:34 AM
Electrode@???
-EV spread-
Hasty
~T-Wave
~Explosion
~HP ICE/GRASS
~T-Bolt

Give it HP Ice and a FOcus sash.

Rizaadon
08-27-2007, 02:19 PM
If you want Magnet rise in the moveset, I suggest this:

Electrode @ ??
Trait: Static
Modest Nature (+Sp. Attk, -Attk)
EVs: 252 Sp. Attk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- HP (Ice/Grass)

Will have amazing Speed and decent Sp. Attack. Magnet Rise is pretty much useless without a move that can hurt Ground types so HP is in there.

DragoniteMistress
08-28-2007, 04:12 AM
I remember discussing Electrodes with WiFiFX a while back as his opener. But shhh, you didn't hear that from me.

Magnet Rise can be nifty, if used correctly. Its godly speeds are a force to be reckoned with as well. Unfortunately I can't give you a moveset right now, since I normally do movesets off the top of my head and scarcely use Electrode. It's quite amusing to see Electrode outspeed Garchomp's Earthquake, although watch out for other potential dangers like STABed moves and Electric-resistant Grass-types, where HP Ice can come in handy.