PDA

View Full Version : Mew Moveset

Rizaadon
08-27-2007, 11:39 AM
I have 2 Mews and I think I'll migrate one to my Diamond. Not believing in using 'hacked' Pokemon in battling, I'm quite excited at the prospect of using a legitimate Mew I obtained through an event.

Here's what I thought:

Mew @ Leftovers
Docile Nature (Obviously this is the only nature I can use)
Trait: Sychronize
EVs: 252 Sp. Attk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Softboiled (From LG MT)
- ???

Aura Sphere covers its Dark weakness which It wouldn't be able to touch with Psychic. I'm not sure whether Softboiled could be replaced or what move to put in slot 4. Any suggestions please?

Cool Kid 94
08-27-2007, 12:22 PM
There's too many movesets for Mew... Sunny Day/Flamethrower/Solarbeam/Psychic, Rain Dance/Surf/Thunder/Psychic, etc. I guess you could put Shadow Ball as the 4th move for that one. Dragon Pulse is also a good move if you are covering types, as it is only bad on Steel. I think Shadow Ball is better because of Shedinja...

Rizaadon
08-27-2007, 02:08 PM
That was my problem, there just too many movesets. I've thought of a couple more since posting this thread. I think I might go with this one:

- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Calm Mind
- Softboiled

The 'weather' movesets seems very interesting though...

-Holland-
08-27-2007, 05:37 PM
I battled someone who had Mew as a BPer with Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Baton Pass, and Dragon Pulse. I personally want to use Mew to kill something, but that pretty much assists Mewtwo and Rayquaza, turning them into gods.

Cool Kid 94
08-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Or it could know Calm Mind and Bulk Up LOL With the EVs 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp. Def. But IMO Swords Dance would be better... That's a really good moveset, just how do you get Baton Pass? Is it a tutor move in FR/LG/E? (I forgot)

Rizaadon
08-27-2007, 06:35 PM
With Mew having equal values in all stats and a giant move pool its dificult to decide what to turn him into... he could make a cool tanker or sweeper.

Right now I'm thinking the weather movesets might be the best.

- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Surf
- Psychic

I might use my previous moveset on the other one. I'de rather use Mew as an attacker than a BPer I think, Mew is too cool to sit back and watch his team mates have all the fun. :wink:

The Jr Trainer
08-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Baton Passer:

Mew@Leftovers
EV. 252 HP / 252 Spd / 6 SpAtk
Nasty Plot
Baton Pass
Psychic
Dark Pulse/Aura Sphere/Flamethower/Ice Beam/T-Bolt
----------------------

Sweeper:

Mew@Leftovers
EV. 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Psychic
Nasty Plot
Aura Sphere/Dark Pulse/FT/T-Bolt/I-Beam
Aura Sphere/Dark Pulse/FT/T-Bolt/I-Beam
-------------------------------------

Wall:

Mew@Leftovers
EV. 252 HP / 128 Dfn / 128 SpDfn
Barrier
Amnesia
Nasty Plot/Psychic
FT/T-Bolt/Psychic/Dark Pulse/Aura Sphere

Lots of Possiblties ^^

Rizaadon
08-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Hmm Boltbeaming Mew sounds interesting too. Thanks for the movesets The Jr Trainer. Maybe I should make one a sweeper and the other a BPer or Wall.

Hyper Blaze
08-27-2007, 06:58 PM
B-passer:

Mew@Lefties
Calm - 252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Sp. Defense
B-Pass
Nasty Plot
SD
Barrier

Sweeper:

Mew@Choice Specs
Timid - 252 Sp. Attack 252 Speed, 6 HP
F-thrower
T-bolt
Ice Beam
Pshchic

Tank:

Mew@Lefties
Bold - 252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Sp. Defense
Dragon Pulse
T-bolt
WoW
T-wave/Steath Rock/Toxic

Cool Kid 94
08-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Maybe you should clone some in Emerald if you have it and make a lot lol. One for your Sun team, one for your Rain team, etc. What kind of team do you think you're using it in ATM?

Rizaadon
08-27-2007, 07:23 PM
If I can resist the temptation, I'd rather not clone my Mews. I believe its cheating in a way and I like to beat my opponenets fair and square... untill I realise I can't win, then thats the time to cheat.

I could always plan the EVs on one of them so I can use it in my sun or rain party, just chnage the movesets any time I feel like a change. I think 252 Sp. Attk, 252 Spd, 6 HP would work for both of the movesets.

The other mew could be BPer or a Wall depending of the moveset. 252 HP, 128 Dfn, 128 Sp. Dfn would work for either role aswell.

-Holland-
08-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Or it could know Calm Mind and Bulk Up LOL With the EVs 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp. Def. But IMO Swords Dance would be better... That's a really good moveset, just how do you get Baton Pass? Is it a tutor move in FR/LG/E? (I forgot)

Well, Mew learns it naturally in D/P.